User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 26 Nov 2006, 16:46   #1
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
[Browser] I am probably behind the times!

However after using an old Firefox version that I go incredibly used to, I finally took the plunge and updated to the new shiny 2.0 version.

Now looks wise I don't think it is quite as nice as the version I was using however there are a few nice tweaks.

My favorite one is most certainly relevant for online forums.

It is a spell checker. So it highlights the words you spell incorrectly. So there should be no excuses for poor spelling!
Unread 26 Nov 2006, 17:23   #2
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: [Browser] I am probably behind the times!

I like the way FF 2.0 checks for extension updates before it loads up. Saves having to manually check them, update then restart the browser.
Unread 26 Nov 2006, 23:45   #3
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Watch out you don't drink too many or you might forget to relieve yourself before going to sleep!

And we all know what'll happen next!
Unread 26 Nov 2006, 23:53   #4
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

I seem to be getting a bug once in a while with Firefox v1.x. It makes FF kind of freeze and won't allow me to click links etc, so I'll have to restart it. Does it appear in v2 aswell?

Will certainly download FF 2 anyway, the spell checker seems quite handy.
Unread 27 Nov 2006, 00:27   #5
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

never heard of that bug before, could it be to do with an extention you installed?
Unread 27 Nov 2006, 01:44   #6
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

I didn't like the new look either so I downloaded something to make it look like the previous version.
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2006, 03:57   #7
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nondescript Human
I didn't like the new look either so I downloaded something to make it look like the previous version.
If you could let me know what that is I will be much in your debt
Unread 27 Nov 2006, 04:09   #8
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/themes/
you might find one to your liking there
Unread 27 Nov 2006, 10:52   #9
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

Sorry to lead this thread slightly off topic but what extensions is everyone using? Here are mine - generated using the infolister plugin.

Last updated: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 09:50:42 GMT
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061010 Firefox/2.0
Extensions (enabled: 11, disabled: 1):

* Adblock Filterset.G Updater 0.3.0.4
* Adblock Plus 0.7.2.2
* British English Dictionary 1.19
* Download Statusbar 0.9.4.5
* Google Toolbar for Firefox 2.1.20060807W
* IE Tab 1.2.0.20061120
* InfoLister 0.9f
* Linkification 1.3.0
* Paste and Go 2 0.3.4.4
* Tab Mix Plus 0.3.49.061028
* Talkback 2.0 [disabled]
* VideoDownloader 1.1.1

Themes (2):

* Firefox (default) 2.0
* Noia 2.0 (eXtreme) 3.34 [selected]

Plugins (9):

* Adobe Acrobat
* Adobe ESD Manager Plugin
* Java(TM) 2 Platform Standard Edition 5.0 Update 6
* Microsoft® DRM
* Mozilla Default Plug-in
* PCMan's IE Tab Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
* Shockwave Flash
* VLC multimedia plugin
* Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Link Library
Unread 27 Nov 2006, 10:58   #10
Phil^
Insomniac

adblock , bugmenot , downthemall , flashblock , html validator , ietab, pdf download
Unread 27 Nov 2006, 11:21   #11
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

this is a bit further off topic, but wtf has happened to IE 7? the new styling is incredibly annoying and just crap.

Back on topic, I use FF2 and I hae no complaints with it

Add-ons are:

talkback 2.0
Com Inspector 1.81

Whatever they are...
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2006, 11:37   #12
Madina
TashTastic

For some reason IE 7 seems really slow connecting to sites on my comp
Unread 27 Nov 2006, 11:44   #13
Phil^
Insomniac

and here also.
Not that i have to use it that often mind. Horrid piece of junk
Unread 27 Nov 2006, 12:14   #14
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

I love the spell checker on FF 2, extremely useful, but one thing that annoys me is that on FF1.5 etc you could press Alt-S to post a message on here and other forums, but this no longer works on FF2
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2006, 13:30   #15
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I use IE 7 now & again.

But I use Opera.

Sorry folks.

Opera > FF
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2006, 14:14   #16
Flavius

Flavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
I use IE 7 now & again.

But I use Opera.

Sorry folks.

Opera > FF
quoted for truth
Flavius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2006, 15:21   #17
Mitc
NASA Health & Safety

Mitc is a splendid one to beholdMitc is a splendid one to beholdMitc is a splendid one to beholdMitc is a splendid one to beholdMitc is a splendid one to beholdMitc is a splendid one to beholdMitc is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madina
For some reason IE 7 seems really slow connecting to sites on my comp
It allegedly checks 'random' sites you visit to see if they're used for phising. Switching off that piece of MS Bullcack gives you a slight improvement. For me it's Firefox time.

IE7 < Telegrams
Unread 28 Nov 2006, 15:12   #18
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

a quick question: i just updated opera, and now ctrl+t gets a new tab, not ctrl+n, when did that happen and how do i make it go back the way it was?
Unread 28 Nov 2006, 15:34   #19
Shadow1980
Search Engine Specialist

Shadow1980 is infamous around these partsShadow1980 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
However after using an old Firefox version that I go incredibly used to, I finally took the plunge and updated to the new shiny 2.0 version.

Now looks wise I don't think it is quite as nice as the version I was using however there are a few nice tweaks.

My favorite one is most certainly relevant for online forums.

It is a spell checker. So it highlights the words you spell incorrectly. So there should be no excuses for poor spelling!
This is indeed an excellent feature - extremely useful when you have to use forms quite regularly for your job as well. When you type a lot, you get lazy and start to abbreviate words you shouldn't, without even noticing. At least the spell checker alerts you of this habit. It's slowly been converting me back to typing properly at least when my work is involved.
Shadow1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2006, 15:55   #20
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
never heard of that bug before, could it be to do with an extention you installed?
Really? Some of my mates experiences the bug aswell. Can't really remember if I have any extentions installed either...
Unread 30 Nov 2006, 16:16   #21
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

before i made my thread i searched on 'IE 7' because i already suspected there were threads about this and/or other 'new browser'-related topics. didn't notice this one though, sorry. you may merge my thread with this one.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2006, 16:29   #22
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire_lestat
a quick question: i just updated opera, and now ctrl+t gets a new tab, not ctrl+n, when did that happen and how do i make it go back the way it was?
Go change the bindings in the settings. Hardly complicated.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2006, 12:32   #23
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I only just installed it, because I wanted to see what the Facebook toolbar was like. It's rather snazzy!

Although I don't like the way the little X to close tabs now isn't just standard in the top right corner, but is individual for each tab. Anyone know if I can change it back to the original setting?
Unread 5 Dec 2006, 12:47   #24
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I only just installed it, because I wanted to see what the Facebook toolbar was like. It's rather snazzy!

Although I don't like the way the little X to close tabs now isn't just standard in the top right corner, but is individual for each tab. Anyone know if I can change it back to the original setting?
yes, but it's a little fiddily. I'll explain it in detail when i've got more time
We shall remember them.
Unread 11 Dec 2006, 21:42   #25
Tomkat

I have another question - can anyone help me?

I use Find-As-You-Type (which does what it says - you start typing in a browser window and it looks for words matching what you've written). It still works on the new Firefox, but whereas before there was a "Find Next Word" button at the bottom, there's now nothing. So I can't just scroll quickly through a webpage looking for words I want to find

How do I fix it/get it back?
Unread 11 Dec 2006, 22:13   #26
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

that's really weird. thankfully it's not happened to me cause I don't have a clue.

Sorry
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2006, 22:45   #27
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Someone tell me how I can turn it off please

I'm also on a mac here and mirc doesn't work on it. Instead i have some appalling program called ircle which made little to no sense to me and resulted in me hurling the computer at a handy nearby wall.
Unread 11 Dec 2006, 22:57   #28
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

control f might help

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2006, 00:15   #29
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Oi TK, with regards to your first question about the close tabs buttons: type about:config into the address bar, find browser.tabs.closeButtons, right click, modify and change the number to 3. That'll get you one close button at the right like in FF1.0
We shall remember them.
Unread 12 Dec 2006, 00:31   #30
Tomkat

Cool, thanks!
Unread 12 Dec 2006, 00:34   #31
Tomkat

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/3650/

I found an addon that did the Find-As-You-Type thing for me!