User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 27 Jan 2006, 07:15   #1
Flavius

Flavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet society
this is worth posting

Quote:
Canadian music giant sues RIAA
Lawsuits should be shield not sword, says CEO
By Andrew Orlowski in San Francisco
Published Friday 27th January 2006 02:32 GMT

Canada's biggest record label, publisher and management company is suing the Recording Industry Ass. Of America on behalf of a US family targeted by the lobby group for copyright infringement.

The privately-owned Nettwerk Music Group is intervening, it says, because the songs downloaded and identified by the RIAA by the Gruebel family include Avril Lavigne, a Nettwerk management client.

"The current actions of the RIAA are not in my artists' best interests," said Nettwerk chief executive Terry McBride in a prepared statement.

"Litigation is not 'artist development'. Litigation is a deterrent to creativity and passion and it is hurting the business I love".

McBride said the RIAA has "misapplied" the law and that lawsuits should be a "shield, not a sword".

Chicago lawyer Charles Lee Mudd will defend the Gruebels. The RIAA has demanded the family pay a $9,000 penalty, reduced to $4,500 if they pay up promptly. Nettwerk has vowed to foot the legal bill if it loses the case. ®
from http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/01...erk_sues_riaa/
Flavius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2006, 07:21   #2
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: this is worth posting

At least that's something.
Instead of bothering to come up with better ways to presenting their products, of delivery and of promotion, it seems RIAA and it's other sister associations would prefer the Blitzkreig approach.
And we all know how well that ended up...