User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 6 Dec 2008, 00:11   #1
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Are You in a Recession Yet?

There seems to be a lot of economic bad news going around. Has it had any noticable effect on any of you on GD?

Has Yahwe had to start drinking an inferior appelation of Champagne?

Has Tomkat had to give up life threatening illnesses in favor of less costly maladies?

Has Zhukov noticed anything other than the increased possibilities for revolution?

What about T & F? Can he still afford decent petit coats for his maid attire?

Up to this point I have been unaffected. However, I admit I am concerned with the possibility of hyper-inflation. That could cause a gigantic disruption in my retirement plans.
Unread 6 Dec 2008, 00:14   #2
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Are You in a Recession Yet?

Zhukov has now finished his studies and are now out of work.

He can now use his time to plot a revolution and play FM2009
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2008, 00:14   #3
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

And I almost forgot....

What about QR5? Or does being victimized by recessive genes count?
Unread 6 Dec 2008, 00:32   #4
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

The revolution really is coming. You'd better watch your back old man.
Unread 6 Dec 2008, 01:02   #5
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm actually quite cheap to run.

my father thinks i can go 2 years unemployment without noticing a change of lifestyle.

I think he underestimates me
Unread 19 Dec 2008, 12:38   #6
Antoninus Pius

Antoninus Pius is a name known to allAntoninus Pius is a name known to allAntoninus Pius is a name known to allAntoninus Pius is a name known to allAntoninus Pius is a name known to allAntoninus Pius is a name known to all

All we need is a global war.

It's all hands to the pumps.

Nothing like a good game of British Bulldog to get the beer back to proper strength.

Then we all forget why we are fighting in the first place. No need for select committees never mind that your shilling don't even get you a yard of knicker elastic anymore.

War and whores. That's the ticket.
Antoninus Pius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2008, 21:52   #7
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough

The company I was working for is going out of business which = me out of a job.
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Dec 2008, 00:02   #8
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by QazokRouge5 View Post
The company I was working for is going out of business which = me out of a job.
I'm in the same boat, except mine is just a part time job
Unread 22 Dec 2008, 17:00   #9
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Are You in a Recession Yet?

My sex life is in recession.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2008, 21:37   #10
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue View Post
I'm actually doing extremely well financially. I am earning double what I was 2 years ago, although I am also working twice the hours. If they could my office would ask me to do more, so my job is going nowhere.
You realize that this means you have not gotten a raise in terms of real income per working hour for the last two years?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
Unread 23 Dec 2008, 11:17   #11
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I haven't been credit crunched yet, but the general mood seems like we are heading that way. The bars and restaurants are quieter. Waitrose is now quieter in the evening. Work wise I think my job is safe for now, but gotta put in the hours and work quality to justify my job.

Still a new year etc.
Unread 23 Dec 2008, 22:46   #12
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

So you dont work for downing street no more?
Unread 24 Dec 2008, 01:58   #13
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov View Post
You realize that this means you have not gotten a raise in terms of real income per working hour for the last two years?
that depends entirely upon inflation.
Unread 24 Dec 2008, 03:39   #14
_Kila_
break it down!

my hairline is in recession

(oh come on, I've been waiting for someone like DDA or Tomkat (you'll always be bald to me) to make this joke for ages. **** you guys)
Unread 24 Dec 2008, 14:47   #15
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

My hairline is further back than it was before I lost my hair actually. I don't think it's receding - it seems to have stopped now - but I notice it!

(I hear Yahwe will be... inflating... over christmas!!!!)
Unread 25 Dec 2008, 13:32   #16
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

I'm finished with my teacher studies.

So I'm now applying for jobs, as long as they pay above 30k £ a year and doesn't involve teaching.

If I don't get any job in the next two months, I will be forced to think about applying for teaching jobs.

I'm still doing various work for my party, I'm still a commie, I'm still shit with women, I want to go to Germany again next summer (Berlin, Dresden, Leipzig, Thuringen and perhaps Prague) and I still love tanks and WWII history.

I've just gotten a canon eos 450d for xmas, and my shoulder/neck is rotten after many years of gaming/pc use.
Unread 25 Dec 2008, 20:14   #17
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
So I'm now applying for jobs, as long as they pay above 30k £

I'm still a commie,

I want to go to Germany again next summer (Berlin, Dresden, Leipzig, Thuringen and perhaps Prague
Unread 26 Dec 2008, 16:13   #18
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

I'm perfectly aware that Prague isnt a part of Germany, pig. It serves more of a extension of the germany-tour.
Unread 30 Dec 2008, 07:01   #19
dda
USS Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe View Post
I'm actually quite cheap to run.

my father thinks i can go 2 years unemployment without noticing a change of lifestyle.

I think he underestimates me
Does this mean that you ARE unemployed or that you will survive in the event that you become unemployed?
Unread 30 Dec 2008, 07:05   #20
dda
USS Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post
my hairline is in recession

(oh come on, I've been waiting for someone like DDA or Tomkat (you'll always be bald to me) to make this joke for ages. **** you guys)
My hairline is where it has always been. In fact, since my heart attack my hair is growing faster than ever. Oddly, my hair, which was always straight, is now starting to get wavy. I blame Obama!
Unread 30 Dec 2008, 07:08   #21
dda
USS Oklahoma

Quote:

What has actually screwed me over is the exchange rate because I was going to go on holiday to California next year, but now its a much more expensive proposition.
In a gesture of hands across the sea and such, I offer to take you to dinner should you come to the San Francisco Bay Area on your holiday. This would save you at least a little money.
Unread 7 Jan 2009, 01:27   #22
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

recession? nah..I'm still rich.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2009, 19:34   #23
horn

horn has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.horn has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.horn has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.horn has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.horn has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.horn has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.horn has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.horn has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.horn has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.horn has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.horn has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashTester View Post
recession? nah..I'm still rich.
BllLaAHAHAHAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaa
horn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2009, 20:35   #24
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I'm finished with my teacher studies.

So I'm now applying for jobs, as long as they pay above 30k £ a year and doesn't involve teaching.

If I don't get any job in the next two months, I will be forced to think about applying for teaching jobs.
Why did you train as a teacher if you don't want to become one?
Unread 10 Jan 2009, 15:17   #25
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Obviously becouse I wanted to become one. Then the one year teaching course and the experiences I had in the two school I practised in, changed my mind.
Unread 10 Jan 2009, 18:10   #26
Tomkat

Mmmm

The perceptions people have of what it takes to be a teacher are often incorrect. Sorry it wasn't what you hoped for
Unread 10 Jan 2009, 19:18   #27
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice

A re-what?
Unread 10 Jan 2009, 19:48   #28
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

I don't think my perception about beeing a teacher was wrong. It was just that I couldn't see myself working at such a unproffesional place.

Just to name two things I experienced:

a) The teacher has to collect money for the skiing-day. In cash. This takes a few minutes from several classes. Obviously the money should be paid by the parents the usual way or handled by the schools administration. In no way should the teacher be responsible for taking in cash and using precious time for it. I know it was done this way when I was 9 (1989), but the world has moved on and most do banking by internet now.

b) The school decided to mark the "World mental health day" or something. Ok enough. But then you should be sure that the pupils get something out of the program, making sure the quality of the program is good and sound. This wasnt done, and three hours of class was wasted. The program was crap and only contributed to stigmatising pupils with mental problems.
Unread 12 Jan 2009, 22:46   #29
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Maybe so, but at least I won't have to deal with troublesome pupils without being able to use the "tools" needed to fix the problem.

Our upper secondary school is optional, but at the same time you would get into problems if you started to kick out pupils who only sabotaged your classes.

The norwegian school system is a mess, and sadly its "reformed" quite often by our politicians.

I hope I can get a IT-job at the university. It will be more orderly, I wont have to deal with pupils who need some kick in the arse without being able to kick em in the arse*, and on top of that it pays 4k better.

Quite alot of teachers here, specially those educated from the uni's, are taking other jobs than teaching. Quite simply becouse that there are better jobs out there.

*a metaphor.
Unread 13 Jan 2009, 03:16   #30
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Well as long as you don't relish any challenge in life I suppose that playing it safe and boring option is something you can be proud of in years to come.
dont you work in the civil service?
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2009, 21:03   #31
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Didnt you even work for Tony Blair in his "spin-department" ?

In that case, you have sold your sold to the devil, and has therefore no soul to be crushed Im afraid
Unread 13 Jan 2009, 21:38   #32
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Does it make it better?