User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 9 Dec 2002, 06:21   #1
Quaoar

Is it possible for someone to type 200 words per minute?

My aunt claims to be able to, but I doubt it, especially given that she is old and computer illiterate.
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 06:29   #2
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Maybe she learned on a typewriter?
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 06:32   #3
Quaoar

Quote:
Originally posted by Apothos
Maybe she learned on a typewriter?
I'm asking if it's even possible.
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 06:43   #4
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by Quaoar
I'm asking if it's even possible.
ofc it is.
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 09:25   #5
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
given time i reckon i could

im prolly about 120, 130 at the minute

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 09:27   #6
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
I can beat that easily.
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 09:29   #7
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Dead easy.

'Ctrl-V'
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 09:29   #8
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
I'll time myself later, i'm pretty confident i can type around 200 :-)
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 09:30   #9
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Originally posted by xtothez
'Ctrl-V'
moron
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 10:40   #10
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
given time i reckon i could

im prolly about 120, 130 at the minute
Quote:
Originally posted by mbushell
I'll time myself later, i'm pretty confident i can type around 200 :-)
ROTFLMAO, If you even make HALF that I'll be amazed. I used to work for the RAF and there was only one person in the 120wpm+ typing pool and she'd spent 30 years as a PA before marrying her husband. If you seriously believe you can type 200wpm you're in for a shock
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 10:44   #11
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I can type over 230 words per minute using my specially designed unix-enabled dvorak keyboard which includes 237 function keys mapped to various common words and phrases in the English language, allowing me to rapidly maximise my optimal typing potential.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 10:51   #12
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
I think nod needs a beer.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 12:19   #13
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Surely "I" is a word? :-)

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII etc....

I thought the best way to measure speed was CHARACTERS per min, not words? Then there was a simple formula to work out the wpm.

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 12:34   #14
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Quote:
Dead easy.

'Ctrl-V'
Quote:
Originally posted by mbushell
moron
It seems you missed my point:

Quote:
Originally posted by Mong

I thought the best way to measure speed was CHARACTERS per min, not words? Then there was a simple formula to work out the wpm.
Anyone claiming more than 200 words a minute is cheating somehow. Either by using incredibly short words which gives no reflection of their true typing ability in real situations, or using some shortcuts like special keyboards and button combinations (lo ctrl-v).

I thought replies of "moron" were considered too pointless and un-necessary even for GD. Guess I was wrong.
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 12:44   #15
Smugs
Major

Smugs has a little shameless behaviour in the past
200 wpm i doubt it unless you leave mistakes in every word.

R3 - [None] - 184:10:12
R4 - [FeaR] - 234:25:3 - [MoW]
R5 - [GLX] - XX:XX:8
R6 - [GLX] - 5:13:6 - [MoC]
R7 - [GLX] - 35:XX:13 - [MoC]
R8 - [Flash] - 12:7:1
R9 - [Did Not Play]
R9.5 - [None] -1:10:19 - [MoW]/[MoD]

==Retired Planetarion Veteran==

Last edited by Smugs; 9 Dec 2002 at 12:53.
Smugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 12:51   #16
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
To claim a typing speed you really need a minimum 95% accuracy, on top of that if I remember right the definition of a word (for typing) is 5 characters and a control character (space/enter). 200wpm for anyone on here is ludicrous, 40-45 is average for most admin peeps, 60-80 is fast, anything above 80 is very impressive.
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 12:56   #17
BuddhistPunk

BuddhistPunk is an unknown quantity at this point
I worked as a slave trader AKA recruitment consultant for about 3 years, in that time I must have seen hundreds of secretaries from 16 year old school leavers through to 60 year old uber-secretaries.

The fastest I ever saw was 170 wpm with 99% accuracy - this same person could consistently get 100% accuracy at about 150wpm.

I doubt 200 wpm is possible with a decent accuracy level, although with the advent of spell checkers this isnt that much of an issue anymore.

PS. IIRC wpm is calculated on the fact that the average english word has 6 characters, so type "I" over and over doesnt count :-)
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 12:59   #18
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle28uk
To claim a typing speed you really need a minimum 95% accuracy, on top of that if I remember right the definition of a word (for typing) is 5 characters and a control character (space/enter). 200wpm for anyone on here is ludicrous, 40-45 is average for most admin peeps, 60-80 is fast, anything above 80 is very impressive.
we could always test how quickly people here can type using the convinient 60 second rule
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 12:59   #19
MonotoneMan

Quote:
Originally posted by Mong

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII etc....

M.
"Words" in this sense are 5 characters, spaces included. My keyboarding teacher (this is how I know this stuff, I'm taking Keyboarding for an easy half-credit) took a class with the fastest typer in the world. He did around 250 GWAM (gross words a minute. I always keep thinking of Guam). That guy has died by now, but there are probably other people who can do 200 or more.

By the way, my teacher does 75 GWAM, and I can do 46.
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 13:02   #20
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It seems you missed my point:

I thought replies of "moron" were considered too pointless and un-necessary even for GD. Guess I was wrong.
It seems you missed my point. Your spurious insult can be considered rejected, repackaged, and rebounded. Right back at you. Moron

[edit] Ooops, now I see YOUR point. Ignore my "moron", it's now directed at somebody else [/edit]

I WAS pointing out that people claiming more than 200 wpm probably assumed that typing "as" 100 times was acceptable.

I guess the irony was lost on GD!

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 13:05   #21
Lord Boredom

Well I type with one finger, and I have to watch the keyboard when I'm doing it.
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 13:08   #22
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
ah, it's about words..

no i can't do that
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 13:15   #23
MonotoneMan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Boredom
Well I type with one finger, and I have to watch the keyboard when I'm doing it.
I used to do that, except I typed with four. Then I started taking the keyboarding class, and now I can type much faster, without looking at the keyboard. But I still don't do it the way I should.
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 13:21   #24
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Boredom
do you twirl your finger around the keyboard with you tounge out your mouth.
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 13:29   #25
Lord Boredom

yes.

and what the hell was all that about the other day in #********?
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 14:19   #26
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:

i read these same figures in the times under the "secretarial job" section bit. basically if you type over 70-80 then you will get bumped up to senior level rapidly if your other skills fit the profile.

i can hit about 100ish once ive 'warmed' up and i know what im writing. i guess i can push above that to 110wpm when im full flow but anything higher......my fingers just canot move that fast heh

(tests were done on a proper 'test your wpm thing' we had at school. idea was to teach people how to type. you needed 100% accuracy and it was a long sentence or story that had to be typed out)
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 14:21   #27
Smugs
Major

Smugs has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I can do about 55wpm may be 60 on a good day .

R3 - [None] - 184:10:12
R4 - [FeaR] - 234:25:3 - [MoW]
R5 - [GLX] - XX:XX:8
R6 - [GLX] - 5:13:6 - [MoC]
R7 - [GLX] - 35:XX:13 - [MoC]
R8 - [Flash] - 12:7:1
R9 - [Did Not Play]
R9.5 - [None] -1:10:19 - [MoW]/[MoD]

==Retired Planetarion Veteran==
Smugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 15:44   #28
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Just tested it, was at 85wpm with 97% accuracy. A longer test with much more special characters etc gave 81wpm at 96% accuracy.

Last edited by Leshy; 9 Dec 2002 at 15:51.
Leshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 16:01   #29
Bunga
I'm not a poet

Bunga has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I took a typing course once, it took six weeks. At the end of the course I was up at 127 gwpm. Its probably lower now, but 200 is doable if you type a lot.
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 16:45   #30
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
I doubt i could do over a 100, but i have never tested...exept when i was little, and that was on a piece off paper. (School)
I think i had pretty good scores.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 16:51   #31
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
More than 3 words a second?
Doubt it.....

Seek proof plz..........
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 17:43   #32
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point
where do you find these word count programs?
With a timer and all.
I'm curious how fast I can write.
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 17:47   #33
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by mens
where do you find these word count programs?
With magic
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 17:58   #34
mens
Sheep

yeah well, I thought maybe you guys knew about any good ones.
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 18:01   #35
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by Iniluki
You'd be surprised a lot of people on here are general computer people, so they will be used to typing all day. If I know what i'm typing I can probably cap about 80ish wpm. On those annoying typing speed tests you find on the net I only get about 50-60 cos I have to sit there and read the damn thing first.
So am I, I've done my fair share of typing and I can't really claim anything above 80wpm. I'm dead serious when I say 100wpm is professional typist speed and anyone who's claiming to type at those sort of speeds effectively has to be a touch typist so reading and typing at the same time shouldn't affect the speed. If you can't do that then there's no way you're that fast.
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 18:07   #36
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
at one point, i was under severe stress and i wrote a few lines at probably about 170-200wpm with NO errors; however, this was a fluke. Also understand that said text included the word 'slaughter' three times, twice in conjunction with 'responsible' and 'Microsoft Paint'...
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 18:07   #37
d_gruntled

My 13 yr old sister can type 110 wpm. School kids these days are required to take a keyboarding class at an early age. For the record, I can type about 50 wpm. \o/
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 18:41   #38
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
I'm on 53 wpm apparently.

according to this
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 18:42   #39
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
You may also be interested to read this

Quote:
Typing, Fastest. Mrs. Barbara Blackburn of Salem, Oregon can maintain 150 wpm for 50 min (37,500 key strokes) and attains a speed of 170 wpm using the Dvorak Simplified Keyboard (DSK) system. Her top speed was recorded at 212 wpm. Source: Norris McWhirter, ed. (1985), THE GUINNESS BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS, 23rd US edition, New York: Sterling Publishing Co., Inc.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 18:46   #40
mens
Sheep

I got Gross WPM: 67,95
with accuracy 96,33
436 keystrokes.

I thought I sucked.
I'm sure I'll get above 100 if I practice a bit.
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 18:48   #41
Androme

I can type about 1000 words a minute. Literally I can. About 2 months ago I typed 3491 words in 3 mins and then 2000 every minute after that for half an hour. I'll find the saved page on my hdd somewhere as this topic came up on another forum I visit (:
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 18:56   #42
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

0110 1010 0110 1010 1001 1001 1010 0101 0101 1010 0110 0101 0101 1001 0101 1001 0110 0101 0101 1010 1001 0101 0110 1010 0101 0101 1010 1010 1010 1010 1010 1010 1001 0110 1010 1010 0101 0110 1010 1010 0110 0101 0101 0110 0101 1001 1010 1001 1001 1001 0110 0110 1010 0110 1001
0110 1010 1010 1001 0101 0110 1001 0101 0101 0101 0110 0110 1001 1001 1001 1010 1010 1010 0101 1001 1010 1010 1001 1001 0110 1010 1010 1010 0101 0101 1001 0110 1010 1001 0110 1010 1010 1010 1010 1001 1010 1010 1001 1010 1001 0101 1010 0110 1001 1010 1001 1010 0101 0110 1001
1001 1010 1010 1010 1010 1001 1010 1010 1010 1010 1010 1010 1010 1010 1010 1010 1010 1001 1001 1010 1001 1001 0101 0101 1001 1010 1001 1001 1010 1010 1001 1010 0101 1010 1010 1001 0110 1001 1010 1010 1010 1010 1010 1010
1001 0110 1010 1010 1010 1010 1001 1010 1010 1001 1010 1001 0101 1010 0110 1001 1010 1001 1010 0101 0110 1001
1001 1010 1010 1010 1010 1001 1010 1010 1010 1010 1010 1010 1010 1010 1010 1010 1010 1001 1001 1010 1001 1001 0101 0101 1001 1010 1001 1001 1010 1010 1001 1010 0101 1010 1010 1001 0110 1001 1010 1010 1010 1010 1010 1010

There we go

That is 220 Words, that took about 1 minute

sorted
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 18:58   #43
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by Starbucks
0110 1010 0110 1010 1001 1001 1010 0101 0101 1010 0110 0101 0101 1001 0101 1001 0110 0101 0101 1010 1001 0101 0110 1010 0101 0101 1010 1010 1010 1010 1010 1010 1001 0110 1010 1010 0101 0110 1010 1010 0110 0101 0101 0110 0101 1001 1010 1001 1001 1001 0110 0110 1010 0110 1001
0110 1010 1010 1001 0101 0110 1001 0101 0101 0101 0110 0110 1001 1001 1001 1010 1010 1010 0101 1001 1010 1010 1001 1001 0110 1010 1010 1010 0101 0101 1001 0110 1010 1001 0110 1010 1010 1010 1010 1001 1010 1010 1001 1010 1001 0101 1010 0110 1001 1010 1001 1010 0101 0110 1001
1001 0110 1010 1010 1010 1010 1001 1010 1010 1001 1010 1001 0101 1010 0110 1001 1010 1001 1010 0101 0110 1001

That is 220 Words, that took about 1 minute
It's not as many if you have a 64 bit word length.

/me hopes someone somewhere understood that...
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 19:01   #44
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Quote:
It's not as many if you have a 64 bit word length.

/me hopes someone somewhere understood that...
i did

and dont piss on meh bombfire :-(
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 19:11   #45
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
So am I, I've done my fair share of typing and I can't really claim anything above 80wpm. I'm dead serious when I say 100wpm is professional typist speed and anyone who's claiming to type at those sort of speeds effectively has to be a touch typist so reading and typing at the same time shouldn't affect the speed. If you can't do that then there's no way you're that fast.
Not really. I can get over 80 words per minute when I try, but I dont look at the screen the whole time when I'm deliberately going 'fast'. Ive always found it easier to look at the screen, and 'digest' a chunk of about 10-12 words, type them without reading anything else, then fetch another 10-12 words from the screen. Typing tests are absolutely horrible, because making even one mistake completely throws you off - especially on the ones that dont move the cursor until you press the right key. One mistake ends up being about 5-7.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 19:16   #46
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of
I just did a few online tests, averaged 1 word a second, 70 words a minute. Accuracy wasn't too good though, I was about 85% inaccurate on all tests, although I'm far, far too used to correcting mistakes on the fly.