User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 26 Nov 2005, 23:26   #1
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
[]mobile[]phone

So I just lost my 2nd line and 2nd phone (Motorola C975 on 3) and it's been blocked (phone and sim) but I have a query. If the Sim is thrown out, can the phone still be locked when the network blocks the phone? Also, once it's blocked, is it possible someone will unblock phone/sim/both?!

Cheers all.

Also, btw, does Home insurance cover mp3 players? If there's insurance for phones, why isn't there for mp3 players? (manufacturer warranty doesn't count again theft/lost/water damage etc. etc.)
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 23:49   #2
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: []mobile[]phone

Becouse the phone have a "birth number" ?

Alot of phones are blocked to only accepting sims from one supplier.
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 23:54   #3
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Yeah, and a lot of phones are easily unlocked to accept any supplier.
----------retired-------
Unread 27 Nov 2005, 00:24   #4
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Home insurance (well mine at least) have a categry for items that get taken out of the house with you. This will include portable-audio, but not mobile phones (phones are generally worth more than you pay for them (as part of a contract, or PAYG), and they can be 'abused' being the reasons I would guess...)

[edit]
I thought this question seemed familiar: http://pirate.planetarion.com/showth...ight=insurance

Last edited by SYMM; 27 Nov 2005 at 00:32.
SYMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2005, 00:42   #5
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Second part of my question was indeed - I thought that thread died as no-one replied - thanks
----------retired-------
Unread 27 Nov 2005, 01:00   #6
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I still need to get a new phone :/
Unread 27 Nov 2005, 01:21   #7
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

JamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud of

If you gave them your IMEI number then they can block the *handset* as opposed to just the sim. Means that no UK network will accept a connection from a sim using a phone with that IMEI.
I don't think the IMEI can be changed/modified easily, certainly not as easy as 'unlocking' (as in un-network locking) a phone.

P.S. Muppet!
JamMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2005, 01:34   #8
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Danke schon JamMak. With phones easily being unlocked I was wondering if they could be unblocked too.
----------retired-------
Unread 27 Nov 2005, 02:05   #9
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
So I just lost my 2nd line and 2nd phone (Motorola C975 on 3) and it's been blocked (phone and sim) but I have a query. If the Sim is thrown out, can the phone still be locked when the network blocks the phone? Also, once it's blocked, is it possible someone will unblock phone/sim/both?!
First of all, a very shit phone

About your query, if you managed to block the sim before it was thrown out of the phone, the phone will be blocked.

If the sim was thrown out, I think you report it stolen to either the network or the police and they can block the phone by using the IMEI.

Once the phone is blocked, it cannot be used in the UK at all (although it does elsewhere.... it's what most people on ebay are doing).

You can get the phone unblocked if you can find the right person. Back in the old days, Hackney Sunday Market used to have all sorts of people who can do wonders for a phone (including unblocking them). Now the site is closed and sold to the Olympic people.

Hope that helps.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2005, 10:54   #10
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Cheers Blastoderm!

It was one of those buy one, get one free phone contracts. Although, it's actually a Nokia 6230i with 200 mins/month for 6 months, another sim with same mins/month for 6 months and that Motorola one with 500mins & 100 txts for 6 months - then it reverts to some crappy deal on the 2g sims but has cashback on all 3 lines after 6 months 'supposedly' where the place says I can cancel all of them after 6 months providing I show bill statements and the original contracts for everything. My uncle says he's been doing that every 6 months - simply taking out new contracts and paying £75-90 cancellation fees but this is covered by the 'cashback' so ineffect, it costs like 1p overall.
----------retired-------
Unread 27 Nov 2005, 11:26   #11
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

Do you know what!

I got a Nokia 6230i about a month and its completely ****ed already. It ran out of battery so I went to charge it and it simply does not charge. I've tried other chargers and nothing happens and its very annoying

I need to get it fixed but just don't have time atm
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2005, 08:05   #12
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

If your within 28 days of getting the phone you should be able to exchange it cos its faulty.
Unread 29 Nov 2005, 15:08   #13
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

A quickie for Blasto/Rids:

Nokia N70, 6680 or wait for the 6280 when it finally comes out?
Unread 29 Nov 2005, 17:48   #14
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

The word 'quickie' is quite disturbing...

N70 is a smaller version of the 6680 but has slight better specs. I heard the 6280 is user-friendly unlike the other two. And for once, it looks nice for a 3G handset.

I suggest wait until you (or I or Rids) play about with the phone to give a verdict.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote