User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 1 Nov 2004, 15:48   #1
Ninja_spammer
Freedom Fanatic

Ninja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud of
What are the possible consequences of a company falsifying Employee information?

Specifically, falsifying a written warning against an employee and using that as a reason to dismiss the employee?

In case you didn't realise I just got dismissed on the basis of a 'false' written warning (I've never seen it, knew of it or *importantly* signed it anyway). I have also been denied a viewing of the warning and told that I cant have a copy of it nor a copy of my disciplinary record. I also had no 2nd member of management present at the hearing to take notes as a neutral witness and no 1 weeks notice of dismissal. Not to mention they are dithering over paying me fully and giving me my 6 months accruement of tips.

Arson has never felt so tempting
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 15:57   #2
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: What are the possible consequences of a company falsifying Employee information?

Citizens Advice Beaureau already?

You could most likely get legal aid as well, furthermore tell the member of staff that is assigned to your at the job centre that you have been wrongly dismissed and tell them what why where and when, preferrably refer to your CV if you have no previous sackings prior to this employment as proof.

Take them for every penny they have.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 16:03   #3
Ninja_spammer
Freedom Fanatic

Ninja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud of
Re: What are the possible consequences of a company falsifying Employee information?

Oban's citizens advice is a part-time thing and it isnt open till 2moro .

Thank you paul, sometimes your not a total cock :P
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 16:12   #4
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

screw them completely, you havent signed the warning, the lack of a second person present at your dismissal, you can **** them over completely
i will warn you though, CAB can sometimes just be full of helpful volunteers, so take notes on everything about your dismissal so that you know that everything is right
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 16:21   #5
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

Just been looking around the web as I'm bored, managed to find this:

How is reasonableness judged?

The following are examples of the sort of considerations looked at by tribunals when determining the question of the employer's reasonableness are:

* whether dismissal was an action within the "band of reasonable responses" for the employer to take in the circumstances

* did the employer have reasonable grounds for believing that the employee had done the act concerned?

* had the employer carried out a reasonable investigation?

* had the employer followed its own procedure

* did the employee know the allegations against him/her and was the employee allowed to put their side of the story

* was the employee allowed the right to be accompanied at the disciplinary hearing

* in capability cases, was the employee warned and given a reasonable time to improve, with appropriate training, if necessary

* in ill health cases, was the employee consulted and his or her doctor asked for a view as to when the employee could be expected to return and his/her ability to do the job on return.

Additionally the employment tribunal will take due regard to such things as the employee's length of service, the size of the employer, consistency of treatment.

Sources: http://www.acas.org.uk/faqs/discipline.html#7 and http://www.dti.gov.uk/er/individual/unfair-pl712c.htm

Good Luck and let us know what happens!
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 16:29   #6
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

From what you describe they dont have a leg to stand on. Don't give up and don't roll over on this one. You'll have their balls in a vice.
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 20:00   #7
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

What did you do btw?
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 20:18   #8
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod
From what you describe they dont have a leg to stand on. Don't give up and don't roll over on this one. You'll have their balls in a vice.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 1 Nov 2004, 21:51   #9
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
What did you do btw?
Check here.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2004, 00:31   #10
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You are entitled to a copy of anything written about you by any company, regardless, under the Data Protection Act. If they wont give you it and they say they hold it, speak to a no win no fee Lawyer. You wont get much cash, but them ****ing around on Data Protection alone will **** them horrifically, and if they DO issue you a copy, hey, welcome to wrongful dismissal.

You Win!
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2004, 13:13   #11
MeridianStar
Para Keet

MeridianStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Out of curiosity - do you have a contract? If so, what does it say about disciplinary procedures? The fact that you weren't allowed a witness would probably render the disciplinary proceedings invalid as it is. I don't think they can use a written warning as reason for dismissal either - it would be part of a strike system where if you failed to improve/did something bad again, then that would be reason for ANOTHER hearing and then, perhaps, dismissal. You have them by the nads.
[23:46] <Theamion> i still love you tho
[23:47] <Theamion> you mad scottish bint
MeridianStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2004, 13:56   #12
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

you should be able to get legal aid to fund the appointing of a handwriting expert to analyse the document... if you get the backing of the police they will be forced to release the document, if they refuse to then they obviosly have sumthing to hide...

you do have rights, take these for every penny they have

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2004, 14:11   #13
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I shall set up a paypal account so that you can deposit 10% of whatever you get for the helpful advice from the people of GD!
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 01:13   #14
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

YUOSE IS RIGHT NS YOUSE SHOULD WIN

[/advice]

Do i get my money now or later?
Unread 3 Nov 2004, 03:22   #15
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road

They have less of a leg to stand on than an amputee
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote