User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 31 Oct 2014, 19:24   #1
Ex-0

Ex-0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Custom scanning groups

Most alliances now have scanners and there is one useful tool that helps scanners and that's the Gal scanning tool. However, would it be possible to allow scanners to create 1 or more custom scanning groups. What I mean is, to allow for all allied scanners to have the ability to create a list of co-ordinates and save that list so it can be called up at any time, and assigned a type of scan to perform on that list. For example I save the co-ordinates of an alley.

Then if any planet is deleted or resets they are removed from the list or at list marked as no longer being valid co-ordinates.
Ex-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2014, 19:55   #2
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice
Re: Custom scanning groups

all cool and everything but sounds like alot of work that only a few people will notice
Plaguuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2014, 23:20   #3
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

yeah, honestly I can't see many actual use cases for this scenario. Unless you're scanning your own alliance every night, you're probably not going to be scanning the same set of co-ords on a regular basis in some sort of mass scan list.
Unread 29 Dec 2014, 00:01   #4
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
yeah, honestly I can't see many actual use cases for this scenario. Unless you're scanning your own alliance every night, you're probably not going to be scanning the same set of co-ords on a regular basis in some sort of mass scan list.
Its pretty common actualy.
I know some people write up own code just to scan their own allies for D, and JGPs.
Certain rounds ive seen scanning for pre launch across whole allie daily.
Ive also been scanning opposition for fleet composure and dist/amps to plan attacks.

So myself would love to have this option, and if were avaible it certainly would be used a lot

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2014, 09:28   #5
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I've never been a huge fan of the scanning UI. The fairly regular requests for galaxy, alliance or custom scan interfaces indicate to me that the current scan interface does not fulfill its purpose. And that's really no wonder. Separate input boxes for X, Y and Z coords, and a dedicated line for each scan, that's pretty verbose, and the limit of "one scan per set of coords" makes for a lot of unnecessary clicking. An input box that allows you to enter any number of coords (for example "1:2:3 4 5 6 7.8.9" or "3:4:*", support any non-alphanumerical delimited separating X, Y and Z), along with 8 checkboxes that allow you to select the scan types (plural) you wish to do. This would also remove the need for custom galaxy or alliance scanning interfaces.

[Edit] I'm far too nice for this world: https://i.imgur.com/Qo9XZSe.png
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 29 Dec 2014 at 10:14.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2014, 18:51   #6
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I've never been a huge fan of the scanning UI. The fairly regular requests for galaxy, alliance or custom scan interfaces indicate to me that the current scan interface does not fulfill its purpose.

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Mzldslddsl again

Brilliant idea. The scans page has grown outdated for its use/functionality. Would be nice to be able to scan a whole galaxy straight from the Galaxy page itself (where individual PDUNJIA currently presides).

On a side note, I made a challenge/request to see a 'Request Scan(s)' button added when you have 'Insufficient funds' to perform the scan yourself (for times when you're in a rush, not an ally scanner but have the tech). Hope it gets added whilst we're on the subject of scans.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2015, 14:26   #7
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
I've never been a huge fan of the scanning UI. The fairly regular requests for galaxy, alliance or custom scan interfaces indicate to me that the current scan interface does not fulfill its purpose. And that's really no wonder. Separate input boxes for X, Y and Z coords, and a dedicated line for each scan, that's pretty verbose, and the limit of "one scan per set of coords" makes for a lot of unnecessary clicking. An input box that allows you to enter any number of coords (for example "1:2:3 4 5 6 7.8.9" or "3:4:*", support any non-alphanumerical delimited separating X, Y and Z), along with 8 checkboxes that allow you to select the scan types (plural) you wish to do. This would also remove the need for custom galaxy or alliance scanning interfaces.

We'll try and have some sort of advanced interface to do something like this in the next round or two
Unread 26 Jan 2015, 11:51   #8
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice

Quote:

that is quite nice
ManiacMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2015, 11:58   #9
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
We'll try and have some sort of advanced interface to do something like this in the next round or two
Dont make it only available to alliance scanners(such as galaxy scan which you could also add to everyone)
Plaguuu is offline   Reply With Quote