User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 21 Sep 2006, 18:24   #1
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
[Golf] Ryder Cup

Friday's fourballs:

0800 Padraig Harrington/Colin Montgomerie (EUR) v Tiger Woods/Jim Furyk (USA)
0815 Paul Casey/Robert Karlsson (EUR) v Stewart Cink/JJ Henry (USA)
0830 Sergio Garcia/Jose Maria Olazabal (EUR) v David Toms/Brett Wetterich (USA)
0845 Darren Clarke/Lee Westwood (EUR) v Phil Mickelson/Chris DiMarco (USA)

Some interesting contests there. I feel pretty good about most of them, even if Tiger hits form. No idea what Lehman's doing with the middle two pairings - looks like 2 points to Europe straight away. Mickelson's recent form makes me optimistic about a Clarke/Westwood triumph.

The European pairings are interesting but reflect today's practice
pairings. Woosnam obviously saw something he liked in Casey/Karlsson - and they certainly complement each other's play.

3-1 to Europe.
Unread 21 Sep 2006, 18:36   #2
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

Timeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really nice
Re: [Golf] Ryder Cup

hmmmm unsure about montgomeries form as he was awful at wentworth in the matchplay against casey - 1pt usa

casey is in unbelievable form atm that alone wins this one for me - 1pt Eur

Unsure about both pairs in this one so i'm hedging my bets and saying a tie - halved

Even though Clarke has been on time off due to his loss he is still one of the best around and like furball said mickelson isnt exactly on great form - 1pt Eur

overall Eur 2.5 - 1.5 USA

random n00b - r3 & 4
MoE - round 12
Rock - round 13, 14, 15, 16
Pragmatik - round 16
ToF - round 16
Subh - round 17
Pa Team - rounds 16, 17, 18, 19
awol ever since
Timeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2006, 19:00   #3
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeline
hmmmm unsure about montgomeries form as he was awful at wentworth in the matchplay against casey - 1pt usa
I don't agree. Monty was playing fairly well, as he showed against both Howell and Campbell. There's no shame in going out to the eventual winner - and you recognised that Casey was on great form anyway.

Since it's fourballs, I wouldn't put it past Tiger to blast this one away. If it was foursomes, I wouldn't rate him so highly. This match, along with the Mickelson, counts towards the one point that I give to the USA. I don't think they'll win both of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeline
Unsure about both pairs in this one so i'm hedging my bets and saying a tie - halved
Oh please. The information is easy enough to find even if you don't know them particularly well - the PGA Tour's website is a goldmine.

Olazabal and Garcia have fairly similar games. Neither are huge drivers, both are temperamental players who have both amazing days and bad days. Garcia's putting is fairly terrible at the moment, but he's able to get close enough to the pin to overcome this. Again, it depends which side of bed he gets out of tomorrow morning.

Toms and Wetterich are opposites. Wetterich is a power player, whereas Toms thrives on his accuracy and short game.

It will depend on how the Americans cope with the occasion - I'm backing Garcia and Olly with the advantage of home support.
Unread 22 Sep 2006, 15:17   #4
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

Timeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really nice

well i was right about some of it....

europe 2.5- 1.5 up after first session

2nd session guess

1330 P Harrington/P McGinley v C Campbell/Z Johnson - Eur 1pt
1345 D Howell/H Stenson v S Cink/D Toms - halved
1400 L Westwood/C Montgomerie v P Mickelson/C DiMarco - Eur 1 pt
1415 L Donald/S Garcia v T Woods/J Furyk - Eur 1pt

random n00b - r3 & 4
MoE - round 12
Rock - round 13, 14, 15, 16
Pragmatik - round 16
ToF - round 16
Subh - round 17
Pa Team - rounds 16, 17, 18, 19
awol ever since
Timeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2006, 15:42   #5
furball

I'm tempted by a clean sweep of the foursomes this afternoon. Harrington and McGinley seem to be inspiring each other out of their poor form, Howell and Stenson are a formidable pair. Mickelson doesn't seem to be on form, while Donald/Garcia are unbeaten in foursomes.

3-1 minimum.
Unread 24 Sep 2006, 06:51   #6
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You're killing us.
Unread 24 Sep 2006, 10:22   #7
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

\o/
Unread 24 Sep 2006, 11:25   #8
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
\o/

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2006, 15:38   #9
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

The way things are going at the moment it could be Darren Clarke that wins it for Europe

Edit: Stenson and Howell were a bit to quick for a perfect ending to a brilliant weekend but never mind

Last edited by JC; 24 Sep 2006 at 15:52.
JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2006, 15:53   #10
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

or not.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2006, 15:57   #11
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

guess clarke aint getting the fairytale finish but fantastic weekend for team europe

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2006, 00:06   #12
Saphi
Leo's Pwn :P

Saphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these parts

this was by far one of the best ryder cups have ever seen ... and as golfer and a golf fanatic myself i can safely say the way that this ryder cup was conducted was excellent ... y other sports cant take notice of what happened in this ryder cup (especially Pual Mcginley's generous consesion to JJ.Henry in his singles matchup on sunday) is beyond me

Golf is one of the best sports to play imho ... for the simple reason is the way that ppl conduct themselves and also its prolly the best equaliser of all games
a 28 h/cappecan make a scratch golfer look like a novice from time to time

Neway wd to Europe for winning in superb fashion
------------------------------------------------
The answers you seek are not here
Saphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2006, 01:43   #13
Pilgrim
Bline

Pilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these parts

Far better than the shambles and bad sportsmanship that occurs when its hosted in the us
Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2006, 03:01   #14
Saphi
Leo's Pwn :P

Saphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these parts

we've only gotta wait 2 yrs to see that again around a very gd golf course .. Valhalla, Louisville, Kentucky.

Lets hope the sham that was the 1999 Ryder Cup heldat Brooklin nefer happens again
------------------------------------------------
The answers you seek are not here
Saphi is offline   Reply With Quote