User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 5 May 2006, 10:20   #1
Robsch

Robsch is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Whatever happened to Sandmans

I like this website alot for a lot of reasons:

you get a good overview on the game and have a lot of funny statistics there, but now its unavailable for what must have been a day or so.

Whatever happened to it?
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
Robsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2006, 10:31   #2
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Whatever happened to Sandmans

After remy's requests, he got tired of everybody wanking over him

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2006, 10:51   #3
Sandman

Sandman is a name known to allSandman is a name known to allSandman is a name known to allSandman is a name known to allSandman is a name known to allSandman is a name known to all

The server it's on died yesterday, hopefully it'll be back sometime today and the server backup is good.

I did miss a whole load of planet dumps though, so if anyone has any for the past day and fancies sending them I could maybe fill in the gap there'll be in the stats.
Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2006, 13:41   #4
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Remy probably has the dumps, as pilkara's default dumper saves the old dumps. If not, I can dump the information from my db (I don't bother storing the actual dumps )
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2006, 14:19   #5
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about

By the way Sandman, thank you for the very nice website. It's a shame that it is down at the moment.
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2006, 18:20   #6
Lei~
~Gon

Lei~ is on a distinguished road

agreed sandmans is still the best pa site on the web
Unread 5 May 2006, 18:34   #7
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

I experience a lot of trouble playing PA without Sandman's site. Seconded, thirded, and so on.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2006, 18:58   #8
Shoshuro

Shoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really nice

I take my morning coffee with 3 sugars and sandmans site.

Today's coffee sucked :|
Unread 5 May 2006, 19:35   #9
Dotatrix

Poor you
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
Unread 5 May 2006, 23:16   #10
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

Please check your mail, Sandman, I have sent the location of the dumps.
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2006, 01:07   #11
Sandman

Sandman is a name known to allSandman is a name known to allSandman is a name known to allSandman is a name known to allSandman is a name known to allSandman is a name known to all

Sorry that it's still down, I have zero control over the server and I just keep being told it'll be back 'soon', they're probably just delaying telling me I have no site left.

Thanks to Shyne and SpaceMonkey for the dumps I should be able to get it back to normal tomorrow fingers crossed, and I can finally attack again.

Edit: Ok I've lost the entire site, if anyone else has some dumps I'd be grateful, I currently need:

planet 12-17,39-40
galaxy 12-17,39-40
alliance 1-64

Last edited by Sandman; 6 May 2006 at 02:07.
Unread 6 May 2006, 04:55   #12
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

I usually keep sandmans open but it has felt weird not having the site there. Most of the time I will check the site before logging into PA. Can't wait for it to be back online.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2006, 08:11   #13
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

Its a great site Sandman and absolutely indespencible to most PA players. Thanks for keeping it running matey.

Any ETA on when it will be back though now you are sure youve lost it?
Unread 6 May 2006, 08:19   #14
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Edit: Ok I've lost the entire site
Try www.sandmans.co.uk
Unread 6 May 2006, 09:12   #15
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

Should be up soon - I have dumps 65-present
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2006, 09:28   #16
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Need sandmans back
Unread 6 May 2006, 09:36   #17
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Are you going to hurt the ones who took down you site sandman? Just so you know, Im available for hire.
Unread 6 May 2006, 10:33   #18
Illmaticks
you know you want me

Illmaticks has a spectacular aura aboutIllmaticks has a spectacular aura about

My life feels empty without sandmans...

Alliances: [Conc] [NRK] [ETY] [Guild] [Reunion] [HR] [Insomnia] [Ascendancy] & others...
Illmaticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2006, 12:48   #19
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lei~
agreed sandmans is still the best pa site on the web
miss the way it was in round 5...

full of public nocex coords ^^
R4 170:17:3 [Elysium ]
R5 12:10:18 [Elysium ]
R6 25:10:3 [Elysium ]
R7 31:20:2 [Elysium ] / [Adelante ]
R8 45:2:7 [Adelante ] / [Fury ]
R9 13:7:9 [NoS ] / [Lch ]
R9.5 and R10 dunno where [Elysium ]
R11 21:1:6 [1up]
[1up]
Storebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2006, 12:59   #20
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I was upset when sandmans didn't work. The graphs are so brilliantly pretty.

Hope it's back soon!
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2006, 09:48   #21
rshih
Aaranaf's Master

rshih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nice

ahhh it went down again
R3: nub R10: 12:9:1 to 9:7:3 G Rank #14 P Rank #194
R4: 275:6:13 R10.5: 17:9:9 quitter
R5: 4:8:4 to 35:11:x R11: 15:4:9 G Rank #10 P Rank #32
R6: 22:22:11 R12: 29:8:9
R7: 8:16:9 G Rank #52 R13: Forgot
R9: 52:6:5 for a week R14: Forgot
R9.5: 12:7:17 G Rank #17 R17: 14:3:6 G Rank #6 P Rank #9

[1up] Peon
rshih is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2006, 11:47   #22
Sandman

Back again,

If it goes down once more I'll be moving servers later.
Unread 7 May 2006, 12:59   #23
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Down again
Unread 7 May 2006, 13:34   #24
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I wish I had a girl that went down this much
(sorry, it had to be said)
I know someone has offered alternative hosting, so one way or the other this shouldn't be happening much in the near future
Unread 7 May 2006, 15:10   #25
XelNaga

XelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to behold

I'm all lost without sandmans

(Marneus) also the damn thing aint always right 4 + 79 = i type 81 and it kicked me back to the login again grrr
XelNaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2006, 17:15   #26
paolo
Kwaak

paolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to all

It's up again \o/
paolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2006, 17:21   #27
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

[quote=Appocomaster]I wish I had a girl that went down this much
(sorry, it had to be said)
[quote]

dont be silly, we arnt talking about the pa server..
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2006, 22:27   #28
Dotatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaker

Glad that Sandmans is back \o/
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
Unread 7 May 2006, 22:29   #29
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaker
you forgot a / on the quote tag :-)
And this round I don't think there've been any issues with the pa server? there were a few issues last round (3 iirc) in the last couple of weeks or so, but apart from that it's been pretty good I thought.
Unread 8 May 2006, 09:02   #30
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
And this round I don't think there've been any issues with the pa server? there were a few issues last round (3 iirc) in the last couple of weeks or so, but apart from that it's been pretty good I thought.
This being PA there will be two downtimes of about 2 days total.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2006, 22:38   #31
Robsch

Robsch is on a distinguished road

cheers sandman for bringing it back
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
Robsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2006, 21:45   #32
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
The server it's on died yesterday, hopefully it'll be back sometime today and the server backup is good.

I did miss a whole load of planet dumps though, so if anyone has any for the past day and fancies sending them I could maybe fill in the gap there'll be in the stats.
I can get you the dumps no problem. contact me in #lch on netgamers
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote