User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 28 Apr 2006, 06:14   #1
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about
What the hell is going on ?

Top 5 Owning Galaxies
109 Up 4 (Score: +319,446) 1 1 Cuddly admins 2.8k 2.80M 916

Yes, that's right, 1:1 is top 1 owning galaxy. Not that the increase in score was so high, but still...

Soon we will see 1:1 in the top 50!
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2006, 06:18   #2
rshih
Aaranaf's Master

rshih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nice
Re: What the hell is going on ?

1:1:8 is also very close to top 20, jus fell out of it recently...
R3: nub R10: 12:9:1 to 9:7:3 G Rank #14 P Rank #194
R4: 275:6:13 R10.5: 17:9:9 quitter
R5: 4:8:4 to 35:11:x R11: 15:4:9 G Rank #10 P Rank #32
R6: 22:22:11 R12: 29:8:9
R7: 8:16:9 G Rank #52 R13: Forgot
R9: 52:6:5 for a week R14: Forgot
R9.5: 12:7:17 G Rank #17 R17: 14:3:6 G Rank #6 P Rank #9

[1up] Peon
rshih is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2006, 06:54   #3
simkin
n00b!

simkin is an unknown quantity at this point

is this a call for a collective attack on 1:1?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"The young man
knows the rules,
but the old man
knows the exceptions."

(Oliver Wendell Holmes)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
simkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2006, 06:57   #4
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by simkin
is this a call for a collective attack on 1:1?
That's pretty alarming...
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2006, 07:20   #5
Rukhsta
old school p0ny.

Rukhsta is an unknown quantity at this point

I claim #1.
Unread 28 Apr 2006, 07:45   #6
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotatrix
Top 5 Owning Galaxies
109 Up 4 (Score: +319,446) 1 1 Cuddly admins 2.8k 2.80M 916

Yes, that's right, 1:1 is top 1 owning galaxy. Not that the increase in score was so high, but still...

Soon we will see 1:1 in the top 50!
Some of us do actually play our planets ;-)

Others -the more lazy type like myself- just sit and init roids every so often when we get yelled at about "bringing the gal average down" or some malarky like that

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2006, 08:21   #7
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

not that anyone ever does that!

Seriously, we're barely top 100. I don't think we'll be able to pull it off for much longer tbh. It was fun while it lasted though :-)
Unread 28 Apr 2006, 09:22   #8
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Cin is on a rampage
Unread 28 Apr 2006, 09:38   #9
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Those filthy xp whores gaining score for being attacked. I'LL GET YOU YET!

Edit: oh no wait your planets are bigger than mine
Unread 29 Apr 2006, 11:17   #10
rshih
Aaranaf's Master

rshih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nice

anyone seen 1:1's gal pic? guess some people took this thread seriously..

[1up] Peon
Unread 29 Apr 2006, 11:19   #11
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Indeed, galaxy status needs to scroll down two pages atm. Virtually all red (apart from some lemming XP farm0r def fleets)...

Despair!
Unread 29 Apr 2006, 11:21   #12
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

yes, we had 2 alliance attacks on us this morning - 23 hostile fleets
knocked us clean out of the top 100 galaxies again! We're going to be one of the most owned galaxies in around 5 ticks.
Unread 29 Apr 2006, 11:39   #13
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshih
anyone seen 1:1's gal pic? guess some people took this thread seriously..
I find it funny that Angels have launched that many fleets on 1:1
Unread 29 Apr 2006, 13:31   #14
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

hmm what would happen if 1:1 won? I think id give up and quit. They must be the most niactive players in the game

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2006, 13:40   #15
Appocomaster
PA Team

I think the alliances are trying to make sure we don't win
Unread 29 Apr 2006, 15:58   #16
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

As owner of the planet who has taken the 2nd most hostile fleets thus far, I would just like to say that:

Omen: If you're looking to win the round, chances are you just *might* want to be taking targets that are a little bit more your caliber. Try the rank 90 some galaxies. They may be a tad more rewarding for you.

BoS: Look. I'm sorry that between me and smudge we wiped out some 2k co of yours some days ago. I really am. Who sends a 10k fi fleet at 1:1?! really! (and he still lost 3500 of em :/) To you I say BRING IT!

Angels: now I know for sure. KJ hates me, and Alki got a few too many floggings with a rubber chicken. Guess I had it coming!

Rock: fs.

Insomnia: Mek, you do realize that this now means war right? If I have to continually roid you with 1 mosquito all round... IT'S ON!
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2006, 15:59   #17
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukhsta
I claim #1.
Watch it, or I'm going to ask cleaningmuppet to refrain from violating your mashed potatos for a WHOLE WEEK.

Meanie.
Unread 29 Apr 2006, 15:59   #18
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly
BoS: Look. I'm sorry that between me and smudge we wiped out some 2k co of yours some days ago. I really am. Who sends a 10k fi fleet at 1:1?! really! (and he still lost 3500 of em :/) To you I say BRING IT!
Squidly speaks for himself. I show no remorse.
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2006, 16:50   #19
Dotatrix

Quote:
Insomnia: Mek, you do realize that this now means war right? If I have to continually roid you with 1 mosquito all round... IT'S ON!
Go go three fleeting with 1 mosquito in all fleets!
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
Unread 29 Apr 2006, 17:01   #20
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
not that anyone ever does that!

Seriously, we're barely top 100. I don't think we'll be able to pull it off for much longer tbh. It was fun while it lasted though :-)

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!one!!!!1

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2006, 17:41   #21
Appocomaster
PA Team

I have to keep reminding you to initiate roids and build ships :P you're not going to scare them off with lots of exclamation marks
Unread 30 Apr 2006, 00:09   #22
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
I have to keep reminding you to initiate roids and build ships :P you're not going to scare them off with lots of exclamation marks
yeah - if marv initiates roids I can attempt to steal them some more
Unread 30 Apr 2006, 00:09   #23
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Angels: now I know for sure. KJ hates me, and Alki got a few too many floggings with a rubber chicken. Guess I had it coming!
Rubber chicken?!? You sure it wasn't frozen?
Unread 30 Apr 2006, 00:12   #24
Appocomaster
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2
yeah - if marv initiates roids I can attempt to steal them some more
don't worry, we'll have our suiciders defending again
Unread 30 Apr 2006, 01:53   #25
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

I lost my entire fleet last night.

Built it back again though (saved resources ftw) \o/
Unread 30 Apr 2006, 07:37   #26
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

That would be all 6 corsairs aye?
Unread 30 Apr 2006, 08:01   #27
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Indeed!

Lost another 2 earlier today - i dont know how long my planetary Armed Forces will be able to maintain this rate of loss!!
Unread 30 Apr 2006, 09:55   #28
Dotatrix

by the way, where do 1:1 attack anyways ? I have never seen 1:1:x inc on me or in any of the gals, that i've been in.
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
Unread 30 Apr 2006, 10:06   #29
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Well, sandmans sometimes reports initiating roids as "ticks roiding" - for example, my planet has 4 ticks of roiding registered, yet i am yet to build a Pod.

Having said that, sometimes we (and i mean others in the gal ) like Cin attack aggressively, though most just retal their own attackers if they launched their whole fleet etc.

Unless, of course, you are Squidly and/or Smudge, in which case you are presently engaged in a jihad against Lurch .
Unread 30 Apr 2006, 11:52   #30
Appocomaster
PA Team

pfft.
I retal my attackers if they're big enough / have enough roids.
I'm just about to steal another 97 roids off someone over twice my value and 1.5x my score. As it's a cath planet, hopefully they'll not have too many roaches / have got too much def - though it is a top 20 galaxy.
Unread 30 Apr 2006, 14:40   #31
rshih
Aaranaf's Master

appoco ftw

[1up] Peon
Unread 30 Apr 2006, 16:08   #32
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

We're a vicious lot here...
Unread 30 Apr 2006, 16:20   #33
Appocomaster
PA Team

Unfortunately I got defended against
9 roids!
Unread 30 Apr 2006, 18:30   #34
Dotatrix

Some roids are better than no roids.
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
Unread 30 Apr 2006, 18:54   #35
rshih
Aaranaf's Master

Appoco soloed a top 50 planet in a top 10 gal and won :d

[1up] Peon
Unread 30 Apr 2006, 19:42   #36
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

he's got balls of steel
the poor guy he roided tho - think of the humiliation
Unread 30 Apr 2006, 19:43   #37
Appocomaster
PA Team

well, SOMEONE defended against me...
Unread 30 Apr 2006, 22:36   #38
Dotatrix

I think you have to delete him now.
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
Unread 1 May 2006, 03:13   #39
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Omen: If you're looking to win the round, chances are you just *might* want to be taking targets that are a little bit more your caliber. Try the rank 90 some galaxies. They may be a tad more rewarding for you.
Roiding planets for easy roids...sure thats not the way to do well.

We take roids where there are roids.

Also, the fact that 1:1 isnt further up in the rankings = lack of planets in it. avg score / value and roid amount was decent.

Agreed that bashing inactive nubs = bad. wont do it again

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2006, 03:44   #40
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
Also, the fact that 1:1 isnt further up in the rankings = lack of planets in it. avg score / value and roid amount was decent.
Well, according to This Table from Sandmans, showing the top 30 Galaxies - all galaxies have between 12 and 15 planets. This page, showing 1:1 , clearly demonstrates that 1:1 does indeed have 13 planets.

Thus its not a question of planets - merely of activity i would imagine (we have to beat people to remind them to log in and init some roids ).

Quote:
Agreed that bashing inactive nubs = bad. wont do it again
Gee, isnt that lovely? I wonder, are those sentiments due more because of principles that you and those in your alliance actually believe in, or because you are being humiliated on 1:1's galaxy banner?
Unread 1 May 2006, 04:43   #41
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

humiliated?

I just smiled when I saw it

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2006, 07:43   #42
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

What. Omen couldn't get roids anywhere else?

Edit:

You've got some guts trying to *rationalize* hitting 1:1 as an alliance attack. I don't think it'll fly though.
Unread 1 May 2006, 10:26   #43
Dotatrix

By the way Squidly, do you get much random def when people send fleets to you and forget to recall it ? With very very very very and I mean very good luck it might def against a real attack.
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
Unread 1 May 2006, 11:45   #44
Appocomaster
PA Team

a few times that's actually happened, I think.

I got another 70 roids last night. some poor miscreant is trying to steal them and more off me, but unfortunately he's going to lose most of his ships to zik defence I think.
I hope he doesn't read the forums
Unread 1 May 2006, 15:20   #45
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
By the way Squidly, do you get much random def when people send fleets to you and forget to recall it ? With very very very very and I mean very good luck it might def against a real attack.
I did that in r13 when I was zik and had one of most successful stealings of the round.
Unread 1 May 2006, 16:06   #46
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Quote:
I do actually I had 20k worth of ships deffing me the other night, although not many of them landed, and not many of them coincided with incs either =/

BUT! I had one person who did forget to recall... and unfortunately did get wiped out in the process except for their Co, in which they walked off with half of the xan fi that was inc