User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Closed Thread
Unread 7 Apr 2006, 22:55   #1
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future
travler

welcome to this forums. please stick around for a while.
Unread 7 Apr 2006, 23:16   #2
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: travler

He is as funny as muslim

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 7 Apr 2006, 23:21   #3
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Thanks. Sorry if I offend anyone by throwing in scripture. I feel moved to share the word.

In truth I used to feel the same way about Christians, Jesus Freaks, Fishers of Men, ect. Then God just sort of slapped me hard a few times until I finally got it.

The Forums are fun at times and we share ideas about PA, the world, our beliefs. Even those not talking about a faith or religeon will reveal what they believe in. If you talk about getting drunk all the time then thats what you live for. I just feel led to discuss faith for some reason. Like there is someone that had to be reached. It may not even be the people that respond to my posts or hit the pos/neg rep radio buttons. It could be someone that is just reading and thinking about God and what purpose they have in life.

Well KoeN thanks for welcoming me to the forums. We had a bit in fun in R15 beta for sure.

Been registered for a year but I don't post very often. I first registered back in 2000 or 2001 during round 2 but I forgot the user name and password and the e-mail address I registered with has long been abandoned. Oh well. I guess it does not matter much then.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Unread 7 Apr 2006, 23:22   #4
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

or Guidance (for anyone as old as I)
Unread 7 Apr 2006, 23:24   #5
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
In truth I used to feel the same way about Christians, Jesus Freaks, Fishers of Men, ect. Then God just sort of slapped me hard a few times until I finally got it.
tell me what this god looked like and I'll have words.
Unread 7 Apr 2006, 23:25   #6
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
tell me what this god looked like and I'll have words.
He looks like Eric Clapton

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 7 Apr 2006, 23:28   #7
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

hi trav
Unread 7 Apr 2006, 23:55   #8
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
you seem nice to me, i like you.
however, be prepared to have arguments put to you if you wish to dicuss your faith. Just stay calm and enjoy the debate, it is nice here
it is ?
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 8 Apr 2006, 00:01   #9
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
it is ?
GD is a gay time for all.
Unread 8 Apr 2006, 00:40   #10
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

All the interested already have access to a bible

But if you feel the need to discuss it anyway
then I do encourage you to make alot of threads to discuss it in
Unread 8 Apr 2006, 02:21   #11
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Hey I would like to say to whoever neg repped and wrote this:

"It angers me that you think you hav the right to preach to me. Why do you assume that my opinions and beliefs are worth less than yours? This is what angers me. You are a pretentious fool and I find what you say extremely offensive."

I am truly sorry. I live in a country where Freedom of speach is protected by law but since you do not want to read what I have written then that is ok with me. I would like to hear your beliefs and if you feel the need to get angry then maybe that is a part of your faith.

Your beliefs are no less of value simply because they are different. Why did you assume that I would think so little of what you believed in?' I mean If you believe that a blue toad from another galaxy was your version of a "Higher Power" then you are more than welcome to your own faith. No where have I said that anyone else's faith was wrong unless you don't believe in a higher power at all. If that is the case then I am sorry that you don't believe in anything and I hope you enjoyed the one holiday you have at the first of this month.

Not sure how pretentious I am but I am of course a fool. Anyone that follows God will be thought of as a fool.

Proverbs 14:8
The wisdom of the prudent is to understand his way: but the folly of fools is deceit.

Unread 8 Apr 2006, 02:31   #12
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
No where have I said that anyone else's faith was wrong unless you don't believe in a higher power at all.
I see
Unread 8 Apr 2006, 06:27   #13
HAL-9000
I'm great!

HAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud of

Quote:
No where have I said that anyone else's faith was wrong unless you don't believe in a higher power at all.
Perhaps you should take a step back and look at what you write. Note that you talk about God and 'the LORD' and their teachings, the life of Jesus and the Christian sins as statements of fact and leave no room for personal interpretation or other beliefs. Let me offer you a few examples:

Quote:
Your salvation is waiting for you. You do not have to be afraid anymore. God truly loves you and wants to see you home.
Quote:
God does not want a bunch of lifeless robots strictly following all his laws without any passion. God forgives, he stopped punishing when Jesus laid down his life for us.
Quote:
Jesus loves you so therefore the Father loves you also.
Also, as has already been highlighted by Yahwe, you are sitting there saying straight out that people who do not believe in any form of God are wrong. Surely you can see how saying something like that is likely to raise a few eyebrows?

Quote:
Proverbs 14:8
The wisdom of the prudent is to understand his way: but the folly of fools is deceit.
I fail to see the relevance of the majority of your biblical quotations.

Last edited by HAL-9000; 8 Apr 2006 at 06:41.
Unread 8 Apr 2006, 10:12   #14
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
Why do you believe in Jesus Travler?
Jesus touched his pee-pee

(well it was a religious man with a beard but he said he was Jesus)

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 8 Apr 2006, 12:08   #15
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL-9000
Perhaps you should take a step back and look at what you write. Note that you talk about God and 'the LORD' and their teachings, the life of Jesus and the Christian sins as statements of fact and leave no room for personal interpretation or other beliefs.
Surely you would expect someone who believes in something to talk about it like it is fact, for example you wouldn't think it was odd if deepflow said something like 'drugs are the best thing ever', but for some reason you take exception to this, possibly because it is a religious belief rather than a more general one. Care to explain this?
Unread 8 Apr 2006, 12:13   #16
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire_lestat
Surely you would expect someone who believes in something to talk about it like it is fact, for example you wouldn't think it was odd if deepflow said something like 'drugs are the best thing ever', but for some reason you take exception to this, possibly because it is a religious belief rather than a more general one. Care to explain this?
Certainly in your example when deepflow says something like that I'd feel in saying he does so with an awareness of the subjectivity of his belief and a respect for the beliefs of others that is greater than what is evident in say
Quote:
No where have I said that anyone else's faith was wrong unless you don't believe in a higher power at all. If that is the case then I am sorry that you don't believe in anything and I hope you enjoyed the one holiday you have at the first of this month.
that pretentious piece of tripe.
Unread 8 Apr 2006, 12:22   #17
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
that pretentious piece of tripe.
Did I hit a nerve or something? Or do you believe it? The fact is that people without faith cannot celebrate Ramadan, Christmas, Passover, ect. So what is left for them? You got it, April fools day. Call it pretentious but just try and refute it.

BTW this only includes the relgious types of holiday. Since most of use live in different countries National, State, Regional and Local holidays are not being considered here.

Unread 8 Apr 2006, 12:24   #18
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

since when is christmas a religious holiday?
Unread 8 Apr 2006, 12:27   #19
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
BTW this only includes the relgious types of holiday. Since most of use live in different countries National, State, Regional and Local holidays are not being considered here.
So your point is that only religious people can celebrate religious holidays? Gee, what an insight.

I celebrate May Day (International Workers Day).
Unread 8 Apr 2006, 12:30   #20
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Did I hit a nerve or something? Or do you believe it? The fact is that people without faith cannot celebrate Ramadan, Christmas, Passover, ect. So what is left for them? You got it, April fools day. Call it pretentious but just try and refute it.
i'll celebrate any day i get off work.

I don't celebrate any "religious" holidays and christmas is secular in my household.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 8 Apr 2006, 12:31   #21
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

I'll celebrate whatever I feel like celebrating. I don't bother celebrating the religious aspect of Christmas really. I celebrate the family aspect. Moreover my point was not concerning that. I'd be perfectly happy to celebrate april fool's day if it's just another excuse to not go to work and do an excessive amount of drinking. My point was concerning your expression of tolerance being utterly inane considering your attitude towards all atheists and agnostics.

Also I celebrate New Years! Which is a little bit like celebrating April Fool's Day!
Unread 8 Apr 2006, 12:43   #22
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Suggesting that people are fools for not believing in religion is really rather ironic wouldn't you say?
Unread 8 Apr 2006, 12:52   #23
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Quote:
I'll celebrate whatever I feel like celebrating. I don't bother celebrating the religious aspect of Christmas really. I celebrate the family aspect.
If this does not make the point any clearer. HOW IN THE WORLD CAN YOU CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS WITHOUT CHRIST?!?!?!?

Christ Mass = Christmas = worship = a religeous holiday. So many people want to think that Christmas is not about Christ. When did this start? GET A CLUE!!!!!

Unread 8 Apr 2006, 12:56   #24
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
If this does not make the point any clearer. HOW IN THE WORLD CAN YOU CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS WITHOUT CHRIST?!?!?!?

Christ Mass = Christmas = worship = a religeous holiday. So many people want to think that Christmas is not about Christ. When did this start? GET A CLUE!!!!!
When did christmas start? Oh about a few thousand years before christ was born. Why, when did you think it started? I'll start calling it a celebration of the winter solstice again and stop referring to it as christmas if you like the word so much though.
Unread 8 Apr 2006, 13:05   #25
Ste
Bored

Quote:
I for one celebrate the day Jesus died...
the first or second time?

Unread 8 Apr 2006, 14:00   #26
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

This is getting good, travler has gotten off his high horse and fallen into hell
Unread 8 Apr 2006, 15:15   #27
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire_lestat
since when is christmas a religious holiday?
it's the birthday of Sol Invictus
Unread 8 Apr 2006, 15:16   #28
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:

It started before christianity...
Unread 8 Apr 2006, 15:37   #29
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
I for one celebrate the day Jesus died...

you goddamned ****ing jews! still celebrating 2000 years after you narced on him!
Unread 8 Apr 2006, 15:37   #30
coffee-
Beoyotch

coffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nice

I have no problem with any form of religion.

I personally believe organized religion is pointless for myself.

People who shove their religion down your throat should be taken out back and shot. All it does is distance yourself from the general public, and turn yourself into the crazy guy yelling on a crate, on the corner.
Unread 8 Apr 2006, 15:50   #31
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffee-
People who shove their religion down your throat should be taken out back and shot. All it does is distance yourself from the general public, and turn yourself into the crazy guy yelling on a crate, on the corner.
I see you've met travler before
Unread 8 Apr 2006, 18:10   #32
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Blowjobs, blowjobs.. I shall keep ranting about blowjobs from now on
until everyone on this forum believes he should give me one

How on earth can you guys celebrate christmas without blowjobs?
Blowsjobs existed way before the first cumming of Christ

Don't worry, I shall not ram my religion down your throat to hard
I respect your own religion too ofc, as long as you feel my piece

Religious scriptures you say? Quotes you say? Stories? A holy book?
Who needs all that when you can have it in .wmv files

Let's all meditate on that one, I hope you all feel enlightened now
Unread 8 Apr 2006, 18:43   #33
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Whichever time, as long as he's dead I'm happy.
You never actually finished the bible did you?
Unread 8 Apr 2006, 18:46   #34
Alessio
deserves a medal

People, I now want discuss the meaning of life
Any thoughts? Any suggestions?

Ow ow I've read that one too
Great explanation that one was
Too bad we still don't have a clue

Except me then ofcourse
Because I read this great book, about going really deep
written in the 4th century and stuff.. Yeah..
Unread 8 Apr 2006, 19:02   #35
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
It started before christianity...
Never knew that tbh... I was always under the impression that it was indeed religious {night jesus was born etc} Where did you find out otherwise?

I think I need to go some reading
Unread 8 Apr 2006, 19:16   #36
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly
Never knew that tbh... I was always under the impression that it was indeed religious {night jesus was born etc} Where did you find out otherwise?

I think I need to go some reading
Just look up christmas on wikipedia.
Unread 8 Apr 2006, 19:21   #37
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Thank ye (although that really should have clued into me earlier. tsk.)
Unread 8 Apr 2006, 19:22   #38
Ste
Bored

it's pretty much common sense squidly.
Do you think anyone actually noted down the exact date that 'Jesus' was born? (in fact is it even mentioned in the bible?)
When one religion takes over another, they absorb a lot of bits and pieces in order to make the change more palatable to the converted.

For winter solstice read christmas, spring solstice read easter etc etc.

I'd advise reading this if you want to learn a bit more about it.

Unread 8 Apr 2006, 19:30   #39
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Just look up christmas on wikipedia.
It's a good enough account but once again we see the limits of wiki.

They seem to know nothing of Sol Invictus who was briefly head of the Imperial pantheon under Emperor Elagabalus. When Aurelian took the purple he re-instated Sol Invictus (who's birthday was the 25th of Decemeber) and enforced the 25th as an imperial celebration. Constantine just swapped sol invictus for joshua bar-joseph.

(also that wiki account confuses some mithraic traditions with zoroaster )
Unread 8 Apr 2006, 19:32   #40
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I thought christmas was when Jesus died to save santa claus and thats why we celebrate it.

Because Santa lived.

It's not personal, it's just business.
Unread 8 Apr 2006, 19:49   #41
coffee-
Beoyotch

coffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nice

Santa killed Jesus?
Unread 9 Apr 2006, 01:15   #42
Ste
Bored

Quote:
It's a good enough account but once again we see the limits of wiki.

They seem to know nothing of Sol Invictus who was briefly head of the Imperial pantheon under Emperor Elagabalus. When Aurelian took the purple he re-instated Sol Invictus (who's birthday was the 25th of Decemeber) and enforced the 25th as an imperial celebration. Constantine just swapped sol invictus for joshua bar-joseph.

(also that wiki account confuses some mithraic traditions with zoroaster )
you could edit those bits in you know.
that's the point of wikipedia... rather than complaining about it...

Unread 9 Apr 2006, 01:30   #43
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
you could edit those bits in you know.
that's the point of wikipedia... rather than complaining about it...
I wasn't complaining.

I could (if i chose to) correct more than wiki.

but not even you would want that.

I know truths which are better forgotten than remembered.
Unread 9 Apr 2006, 01:31   #44
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think on a job application I put I was Roman Catholic, on another application I became Muslim.

I got a telephone interview for being Muslim.

You do the math!
Unread 9 Apr 2006, 02:01   #45
Alessio
deserves a medal

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
I think on a job application I put I was Roman Catholic, on another application I became Muslim.

I got a telephone interview for being Muslim.

You do the math!
The lord works in mysterious ways indeed
Unread 9 Apr 2006, 02:18   #46
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffee-
Santa killed Jesus?
Why do you have two urban myths in your sig?
Unread 9 Apr 2006, 05:05   #47
coffee-
Beoyotch

Folklore is better then reality.
Unread 9 Apr 2006, 05:34   #48
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooling
Suggesting that people are fools for not believing in religion is really rather ironic wouldn't you say?
Not religion per say but just something greater. Religion's just have the holidays, rituals, supporters.

True belief in something comes from within. Most of us are born with a freeling that there is something more out there. When we try to suppress that feeling we have to fight it violently. It's kinda like a gaping hole that only faith/belief/spirituality can fill.

Most of us believe that we have a conscious and a soul. How do you quantify that soul? What calculations has science determined about the conscious? What is required to be conscious?

Do you believe you are alive? How do you explain your existance when you cannot understand how it is possible? Do you have enough faith to even believe that you are a real person?

Go beyond yourself and you start to understand that maybe there is something greater than you could begin to imagine.

I did not start out as some dyed in the wool "Christian." I started out where you are standing now; in disbelief, skepticism, and hatred for that which I refused to understand. It took over 30 years and millions of people for God to convince me that he was in fact God and he was right.

Unread 9 Apr 2006, 06:11   #49
coffee-
Beoyotch

Quote:
True belief in something comes from within. Most of us are born with a freeling that there is something more out there. When we try to suppress that feeling we have to fight it violently. It's kinda like a gaping hole that only faith/belief/spirituality can fill.
I would appreciate that you would not suggest that I have holes which need to be filled by "faith/belief/spirituality". I am competely happy with life, and have no reason to complicate life with folklore.

Quote:
Most of us believe that we have a conscious and a soul. How do you quantify that soul?
Again, speak for yourself. I have no reason to justify my death, with ideas that my "soul" will go on to some sort of after life. I am comfortable knowing my body will rot, and be consumed by bugs.

Quote:
Do you believe you are alive? How do you explain your existance when you cannot understand how it is possible? Do you have enough faith to even believe that you are a real person?
Without going to a philisophical debate on what it is to be alive, then of course I am alive. I am responding to your post, aren't I? Unless this is god speaking...*spooky ghost voice*

Quote:
Go beyond yourself and you start to understand that maybe there is something greater than you could begin to imagine.
Find yourself and you may start to understand that you have been brainwashed.

G'day sir.
Unread 9 Apr 2006, 08:26   #50
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
it's pretty much common sense squidly.
Do you think anyone actually noted down the exact date that 'Jesus' was born? (in fact is it even mentioned in the bible?)
When one religion takes over another, they absorb a lot of bits and pieces in order to make the change more palatable to the converted.

For winter solstice read christmas, spring solstice read easter etc etc.
Yeah, I know there's a fair bit of inconsistency with all religion. I don't actually follow one myself, but I find it still a really interesting topic to read up on. I was christian once, but I dropped that a long time ago due to said inconsistencies.

Thank ye for the link =)

btw...if jesus died to save santa, does that mean we're about to see easter bunny vs toothfairy smackdown style?
Closed Thread