User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

View Poll Results: What do u think of the new rule
Terrible The game is now ruined 13 12.50%
Not the best Admin desicion ever 27 25.96%
Dont care, doesnt affect me 12 11.54%
Neccesery 32 30.77%
20 19.23%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 25 Nov 2005, 18:02   #1
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute
Good, Bad, Dont Care

I am just very curious as to what the general feeling in the community is about the new rule that had to be implemented so i thought i would do a poll

btw i woudnt expect anything to change with the outcome of this it just might settle some arguments one way or the other
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 18:09   #2
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Good, Bad, Dont Care

I think it was a stupid move but whatever.
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 18:10   #3
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Can't say I really care one way or another about these support planets. It's a game, not a case of life and death... =/

"Do what ya gotta do"
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 18:23   #4
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

What can I say, I dont feel like being handhold by the admins when I play a game I've paid money for. I dont like the new rule. It sucks. Escpecially when you change the rules midgame.
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 18:35   #5
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Didn't the EULA say something about "we have the right to change game-features and rules whenever we want to" or something like that?
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 18:38   #6
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
Didn't the EULA say something about "we have the right to change game-features and rules whenever we want to" or something like that?

yeah , so pretty much they can do whatever the **** they want when they want because of 2 lines in the EULA but hey its what you sign up to and most things have magical lines that pretty much state the same thing.
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 19:16   #7
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaker

yeah , so pretty much they can do whatever the **** they want when they want because of 2 lines in the EULA but hey its what you sign up to and most things have magical lines that pretty much state the same thing.

Indeed. We just have to stop signing up to this game and find something else to use our money on.
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 19:27   #8
god113
Ex-Player

god113 has a spectacular aura aboutgod113 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
That doesn't stop it from sucking though ^^
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 19:31   #9
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Is it just me or do some people complain about this because they have lost out?
I am sure the PA team only introduce this rule due to abuse of this "loophole"
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 19:39   #10
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddies
yeah pais, personally i have lost out on 8 of my multi def planets to defend my 400k cathaar ass that gets bashed daily for 70 roids.
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 19:40   #11
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by god113
That doesn't stop it from sucking though ^^
Nothing in the interests of the game sucks.
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 19:43   #12
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaker
yeah pais, personally i have lost out on 8 of my multi def planets to defend my 400k cathaar ass that gets bashed daily for 70 roids.
You haven't, I suspect someone has.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 19:46   #13
Duncan
saint-ciboire de tabarnac

Duncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddies
I just think some parts of the EULA are ****ing stupid.
Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 20:32   #14
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

This poll is a bit dumb, opinions arent very clear from the options you've given us.

Surely it should be:

1. Support the decision
2. Undecided
3. Against the decision
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 20:38   #15
Ra
nineone

Ra is a jewel in the roughRa is a jewel in the roughRa is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyne
This poll is a bit dumb, opinions arent very clear from the options you've given us.

Surely it should be:

1. Support the decision
2. Undecided
3. Against the decision
These would have been better poll answers, yes. Also, I'm not playing at the moment, but the rule to me does seem a little silly, but if it is going to benefit the game then I support the admin's decision to implement it.
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 20:48   #16
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:

Surely it should be:

1. Support the decision
2. Undecided
3. Against the decision
In retrospect, I do realize I wrote this while angry... Apologies shyne I still like the original poll a bit better though

Last edited by Squidly; 25 Nov 2005 at 21:29.
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 20:49   #17
Ra
nineone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly
Good idea shyne. Let's take out the detailed options squishy gave us to pick from, and let's put in two extremes and one useless one instead.
Detailed options? Are you reading the same poll?
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 20:52   #18
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra
Detailed options? Are you reading the same poll?
Hope so

"Decision sucks, the concept sucks, you lot suck."
"Can't say I agree with it, but it could have been worse"
"I don't care either way. It doesn't affect me"
"The decision was called for. If it fixes a problem, then go ahead
"Nice one PA-team, you guys did something good!"

That's how I read it.

as opposed to:

Yes.
No.
Ask me later.
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 20:57   #19
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

A Neccesery evil
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 21:02   #20
Ra
nineone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly
Hope so

"Decision sucks, the concept sucks, you lot suck."
"Can't say I agree with it, but it could have been worse"
"I don't care either way. It doesn't affect me"
"The decision was called for. If it fixes a problem, then go ahead
"Nice one PA-team, you guys did something good!"

That's how I read it.

as opposed to:

Yes.
No.
Ask me later.
While those would have been better options if they were worded that way, they arent, therefore what you interpret may not be interpreted the same by others. To me it seemed like, although he created the thread to find something out, he couldnt really be bothered with his poll answers so shows that he isnt really all that bothered and those options dont really show any proper results.

Maybe with these options, the poll may have been a little better:

Support the decision.
N/A - The decision doesnt affect me.
Against the decision.
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 21:06   #21
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about

I don't care since it doesn't affect me...

PS. Kargool, cool new avatar
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 21:23   #22
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra
While those would have been better options if they were worded that way, they arent, therefore what you interpret may not be interpreted the same by others. To me it seemed like, although he created the thread to find something out, he couldnt really be bothered with his poll answers so shows that he isnt really all that bothered and those options dont really show any proper results.

Maybe with these options, the poll may have been a little better:

Support the decision.
N/A - The decision doesnt affect me.
Against the decision.
Reading into it a wee bit much I think mate. If he wasn't truly bothered, then chances are we wouldn't be having this conversation, due to the fact the thread wouldn't be existing right now.

And you're advocating putting an issue into black and white, when there really are a bunch of grey areas {which squishy has taken into account.} Not everyone here is an extremist... some like the happy non-committal areas

Edit: check your pm in a bit.... this is kind of off-topic I think and I doubt anyone wants to see much more of my tripe anyhoo
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 21:45   #23
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Already we can see the benefit of this rule, but I am not convinced it was properly thought through. It seems like a very simple blocking maneuvere, and I am not too keen on it to be perfectly honest.
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 21:59   #24
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
Indeed. At the moment it looks like the poll shows that most people is against the decision with the "Not the wisest deciscion" having most votes. But if you sum it up with the 4 main votes (not including the neutral one) then most people is against it. Though it does only reflect a few users thoughts about it. So a vote like this can imo never be counted for anything unless you can get the majority of the players to sign up on the forums.

A simple Yes/No vote would be enough tbh.
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 22:38   #25
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

I think the new rule is somewhat less than fantastic. ETA -1 ships are something of a loophole to the alliance size limit, but this isn't going to be a good way to 'solve' the 'problem' of people 'evading' the size limit. This is just going to reward alliances with members anal enough to report every out-of-alliance defense, and punish alliances who don't care what their opponents do, but are too busy owning.

I voted 'not the best admin decision ever'.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 10:26   #26
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

I dont care it wont affect most ppl just the alliance that was abusing it wont be running away with the lead no more........

disclaimer: this comment is not named at the following:
Angels(you guys need a number 1)
1up(coz i lub you)
ND(coz you r0x this round)

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 10:59   #27
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry if the poll isnt very clear

I spent ages trying to word it to include the grey areas and obviously failed but i assume most people get the general idea
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 12:49   #28
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge
A Neccesery evil
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 13:22   #29
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
I think the new rule is somewhat less than fantastic. ETA -1 ships are something of a loophole to the alliance size limit, but this isn't going to be a good way to 'solve' the 'problem' of people 'evading' the size limit. This is just going to reward alliances with members anal enough to report every out-of-alliance defense, and punish alliances who don't care what their opponents do, but are too busy owning.

I voted 'not the best admin decision ever'.
I agree with this, infact i'll take it further.

When the playerbase that are vocal on this issue come from one side of a war, one begins to question their motives. You further question it when quite a number were part of alliances that openly welcomed escorts for their benefit, when actually these planets are not much different and in fact the only reason that they are bringing an argument to implement this rule is because it benefits them. I'd say they care more about winning than playing a 'fair' game. It's comparable to the pathetic round 7 conflict where if someone was ahead of you in the ranking, you tried to get them deleted for some reason.
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 13:51   #30
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

it's funny that you say that as i know for a fact those planets are reported from both sides... just 1 side is using them ALOT more then the other to say the least

and i still don't believe anyone who says they got 20 to 50 people getting up every night to send def, yet don't properly play. no way you can find players to do that who don't play the game.

and if in reality it's not nearly 20 to 50 but 3 to 8 it wouldn't be this much of a problem now would it?

the rule was clearly necessary
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 13:57   #31
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

I support the decision ofc. Was called for.
Unread 26 Nov 2005, 15:22   #32
Duncan
saint-ciboire de tabarnac

Duncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher
and i still don't believe anyone who says they got 20 to 50 people getting up every night to send def, yet don't properly play. no way you can find players to do that who don't play the game.

and if in reality it's not nearly 20 to 50 but 3 to 8 it wouldn't be this much of a problem now would it?

the rule was clearly necessary
Yes, not being able to detect a large number of multis or not being able to do something about it without effecting gameplay in a significant manner is a big problem.
Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote