User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 27 Aug 2005, 18:23   #1
AtRoPhY

AtRoPhY is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Help a relative n00b if you can

Hi Guys, i havent played PA since r5 and thought i would give it a whirl, imagine my surprise when i got asked which race i wanted to be. I chose Cat for no particular reason other than shutting my eyes and clicking. Now heres the begging part, i am no good with stats so im asking if any of you peeps can advise me whats a good Cat roiding fleet and whats a good defensive fleet? Dont worry im not gonna challenge anyone as im currently about 50k haha.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
AtRoPhY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2005, 18:58   #2
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about
Re: Help a relative n00b if you can

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=186457

gl hf
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 07:42   #3
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Your race choice was most fortunate, tbh - Cathaars seem to be doing well (at least, far better than last round), so that's a good start .

In R5, if i remember correctly, you still had to Scan for asteroids. That is no longer the case. just go to your Mining page and initiate them directly.

Indeed, there is a Generic Startup Guide for new and returning players, and this should help you a bit too . Also, you might want to have a look at the How NOT to attack thread, which outlines the 'proper' way to launch an attack these days. And, as usual, there is still the Alliance Recruitment forum where various alliances are truding around looking for active, skilled, and funloving members. btw, 1up = Fury, and Legion no longer exists.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 14:30   #4
AtRoPhY

AtRoPhY is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers guys......p.s. I was in Wac r2......i was concordium lol
AtRoPhY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 14:43   #5
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold

sovvie...... BAD sovvie, stick to stats, politics gets you in twuble!

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 20:32   #6
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

If you need any more help, ask in gal chan