User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 28 Jul 2005, 23:26   #1
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Is

PA worth playing again ?

I stopped I think about 4 rounds ago because I stopped enjoying it and got bored, has it got more interesting and have they got rid of the structure destruction, pre launch and all the rest of the crap that was introduced. ?

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2005, 23:28   #2
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Is

Oh, reading the forum tells me structure destroyers still exist.

Wonderful......

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 28 Jul 2005, 23:39   #3
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yes, it's more interesting and far far better than PaX was. No, pre-launch is still here, but alliances do better without it.
Unread 28 Jul 2005, 23:41   #4
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

PaX original was utter crap. It's much better now.
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 02:05   #5
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

I played the end of Round 2, all of Round 3, all of Round 4, the beginning of Round 5, all of Round 9.5 and all of Round 13. Round 13 was definitely my favourite of them all. It's too early to say what I think of Round 14. Make of that what you will

And if you're not sure you might as well make a free planet and give it a go. Free planets have some pretty hefty restrictions on them but you can still play for a week or two without hitting them. If you like it after that pay to upgrade and don't look back!
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 02:26   #6
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I would recomend playing. It's actually fun again, even if I'm still bashed like there's no tomorrow
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 02:35   #7
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
I played the end of Round 2, all of Round 3, all of Round 4, the beginning of Round 5, all of Round 9.5 and all of Round 13. Round 13 was definitely my favourite of them all. It's too early to say what I think of Round 14. Make of that what you will
You missed out on R6 . R6 was great because of the introduction of races and all the intereting things that could be done with them - i went Cath and forever since had a soft spot for them . I really liked R3, 4, 6 and 13. I have to admit, 13 was actually a lot of fun - for the first time since R4 i had actually not been in the loosing block! \o/ \o/ (R4 i was in the loosing Para alliance instead ). indeed, Vision wasnt even part of a block (except for a week or so at the start) and it was liberating!
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 02:52   #8
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Why do you people like 13 so much? 12 was much better.
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 02:55   #9
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

Round 7 was the bomb!
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 03:57   #10
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neferti
Why do you people like 13 so much? 12 was much better.
I didnt play for R11 and was semi-inactive for R12 - just idled alot during my TEE (uni enterence) exams and so on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi_K
Round 7 was the bomb!
I loathed R7 with a passion. Perhaps it was because i was Cath in R6 with superb initiative ships, and then going to Zikonian with the worst initiative ships was prolly too far a jump for just one round. I remember being frustrated at being owned by Xans with really poor fleet composition solely because they fired before me. And ever since i have had an aversion to poor initiative - i havent gont Zik again and i havent been a Terran yet (went War in R5 though - foolish ); just cycling between Cath and Xan as i love great initiative .
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 06:22   #11
Grog
Benevolent Dictator

Grog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaio
PA worth playing again ?
yup
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 08:27   #12
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

The important thing is, Is PA fun again ?

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 08:28   #13
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Thanks for the replies so far btw

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 09:41   #14
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

In my opinion pa is alot more fun these days. For starters the game can be played how you like, on a full time basis and on a part time basis. There has been many a night, when i had to go and see my gf and I prelaunched my ships, cam back in the morning did a scan and landed. I still sometimes do that if I have an early start etc.

The game mechanics for once work too, I really enjoy the stats (especially rnd 11/12) and have fun each round I play. I think the difference with this pa compared to old pa it really is quite fun and enjoyable, especially if you are in a community such as 1up which makes the game so much fun.
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 11:15   #15
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Planetarion is probably the best in terms of 'the game' as its ever been. As long as you find some people to attack with, you can probably play at whatever level you want.
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 12:40   #16
Neferti
part time ghost

To be honest, the only round I didnt enjoy at all was round 10...
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 15:12   #17
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Ferretus has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Is PA fun again?

Well R13 was the first round I had enjoyed in a long time. I was finally free from the hassle of running my alliance and I could actually play the game. I loved the stats, ship stealing was back which was great (something I had enjoyed back in R2 and 3 etc) and because of this I got one of the top spots.

There has been a number of key changes though for both good and bad which you may or may not like so I'll just say what they are.
The community spirit hardly exists now, people do not really help noob players unless they are in their alliance. Alliances have a lot more power and you can no longer really play the game solo anymore. In addition there is a lot more focus on the use of IRC now which in the olden days wasn't important. There are occasional internal problems with galaxies, the same as always, and cluster NAPS near enough don't exist. The player is of course getting younger while us old gits continue to play, and so there is a lot of immaturity out there too unless you can get into one of the older established alliances. The player base itself is low compared to the early rounds and there are currently 2201 players (at time of writing).
Launches etc can be queud which is nice as you can a little bit more sleep compared to early rounds however you will still need to get up for constructions and research.

These are just some of the general things that in my opinion have changed and I have tried to remain neutral on which of those are good and bad. It all depends on the time you have available really.

Please bear in mind that much of what I say is intended to cause discussion. It may not reflect my personal favouritism or even have any involvement with my situation. In short bitching at me is pointless, so discuss the idea :-)
Ferretus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 15:46   #18
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
i went Cath and forever since had a soft spot for them
So thats why cath own the top 100...
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 16:17   #19
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

Quote:

This i think is a question that you could answer better than us. Most posting on Pa discussions do that cos they find the game still funny, else they wouldnt post. Being fun or not will end being a matter of taste. Me and many here have much fun playing, actually i only play PA cos feels like a new game, and i was a bit tired of the old one. I played rnd 10 in the beginning and didnt like, but i liked rnd 11 and since then im here. I believe you should try and give yourself the best opinion you could get

btw rnd 12 > rnd 13

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 16:53   #20
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
So thats why cath own the top 100...
He's Xan this round though
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 17:13   #21
Neferti
part time ghost

Why does everyone love the round 13 stats. Just cos of the stealing?
Unread 29 Jul 2005, 18:54   #22
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neferti
Why does everyone love the round 13 stats. Just cos of the stealing?
Coz everybody was zik, and zik's pwned
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2005, 00:10   #23
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotatrix
Coz everybody was zik, and zik's pwned
Actually, i was Xan. and Xan wtfpwned Ziks, and Ziks were good making Xan the best .
Unread 30 Jul 2005, 11:03   #24
Dotatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
Actually, i was Xan. and Xan wtfpwned Ziks, and Ziks were good making Xan the best .
But zik's owned the top10
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
Unread 30 Jul 2005, 13:56   #25
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Ferretus has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I was zik so you had to mke sure you stole enough beetles to deal with cheeky Xans.

Anyway, this is moving off topic a bit as this guy wants to know if pa is fun now.

Please bear in mind that much of what I say is intended to cause discussion. It may not reflect my personal favouritism or even have any involvement with my situation. In short bitching at me is pointless, so discuss the idea :-)
Ferretus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2005, 14:15   #26
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Thanks for the answers everyone. I may start up a free planet this afternoon and see what happens.

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 30 Jul 2005, 14:23   #27
Duncan
saint-ciboire de tabarnac

Duncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud of

BRING MONEY

love,
Jolt
Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2005, 15:57   #28
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
He's Xan this round though
I didnt say he was intelligent, just bias....
Unread 30 Jul 2005, 21:26   #29
Dotatrix

Quote:
Thanks for the answers everyone. I may start up a free planet this afternoon and see what happens.
I hope u enjoy
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
Unread 31 Jul 2005, 21:00   #30
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

\o/ welcome back

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote