User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 20:37   #1
xontas

xontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the rough
Who Dares!

ok after people prodding me day and night to get some score so the golden roids can get stolen, i admined myself some fleet

now you can take it
IF YOU DARE :-)

(yes people i will admin the ships into nothingness when i lose the roid!)
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 20:51   #2
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Who Dares!

what are you doing about the huge xp gain people will recieve?

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 20:55   #3
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about

i wish i had a fleet home
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 21:04   #4
xontas

xontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the rough

i edit the xp ofc !!
its just about that damn roid!
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 21:15   #5
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

What about Zik stealing your stuff?
Will they keep what they steal (as they'll take losses too)?

Note: I don't know your units, but still, I'm just saying there's far too much side-things around this.

At the start of the round, everyone should randomly have a chance to get a certain roid ...
Then the hell will break lose .... but then again in-actives could end up with them ... sigh ...

I guess this is best ...

Come'ere bitch
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 21:29   #6
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST

make your value 100k - filled with resources
give yourself 150 roids max

then your not going overboard like you are now

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showth...wpost&t=186552

READ
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 21:31   #7
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Don't be trying to play the 'reasonable' card jerome`.
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 21:52   #8
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Damned if you do, damned if you dont. How i miss being in PA team.
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 22:20   #9
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST

make your value 100k - filled with resources
give yourself 150 roids max

then your not going overboard like you are now

READ

Game.

Fun.

Congratulations, you have officially missed the point of both senses of the word.

Planetarion is in fact a game. One admin livening one roid up and putting himself up for bashing does shockingly enough fit into the definition of both fun and game.

Seriously... I really doubt that any top players at the end of the round will credit their win to this one little roid. Stop being such a droopy drawers

{waits for the bashing to follow}
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 22:57   #10
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

this will clearly have a huge impact on the round.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Unread 28 Jul 2005, 01:30   #11
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly
Game.

Fun.

Congratulations, you have officially missed the point of both senses of the word.

Planetarion is in fact a game. One admin livening one roid up and putting himself up for bashing does shockingly enough fit into the definition of both fun and game.

Seriously... I really doubt that any top players at the end of the round will credit their win to this one little roid. Stop being such a droopy drawers

{waits for the bashing to follow}
congratulations i don't give a flying pigs ball what your definition of the game is. some of us paid money because we'd rather not have clowns in charge as in other games.
Unread 28 Jul 2005, 05:11   #12
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
congratulations i don't give a flying pigs ball what your definition of the game is. some of us paid money because we'd rather not have clowns in charge as in other games.
Congratulations. It's not my definition

If this is clearly killing your game, then why don't you take it up with xontas instead of flailing your handbag around... As it looks to me like there really isn't anyone else giving your flying pig's other ball about it.

Kind of a lame thing to complain about tbh =/
Unread 28 Jul 2005, 06:55   #13
jerome

read the thread, notice the many posters who're with my view. now please kindly shut up heh.
Unread 28 Jul 2005, 10:11   #14
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

clearly any kinda player who goes after a golden roid is not going to be in a position that matters to the round. so let someone have a litle XP boost and their golden roid/n00b magnet, and concentrate on the REAL game at hand
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
Unread 28 Jul 2005, 10:16   #15
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Ferretus has a little shameless behaviour in the past

lol, agreed

Please bear in mind that much of what I say is intended to cause discussion. It may not reflect my personal favouritism or even have any involvement with my situation. In short bitching at me is pointless, so discuss the idea :-)
Unread 28 Jul 2005, 15:19   #16
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Quote:

read the thread, notice the many posters who're with my view. now please kindly shut up heh.
Glad I didn't notice that thread tbh. My eyes have been rolling enough during this thread, that I think that other one will cause me to go blind.

I have a decent amount of respect for 1up. I'll say that now. But the 1up forums squadron really picked a lousy topic to have a go at... Couldn't you be having another go at exilition or something?

1. your bias against PA-team(xontas) {lo forest, jerome} is really quite alarming, and tbh I'm inclined to say if you don't like em(him), then go somewhere else. I'll reply with a "ciao." on your leaving PA thread.

2. Assuming xontas did in fact edit the xp, then your arguments are next to nil here, better luck next time.

3. The other posters on that thread... /me shakes his head. Lighten up guys, seriously. Mountains out of molehills etc.
Unread 28 Jul 2005, 15:34   #17
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

This is clearly outrageous!! Xontas has most definitely determined the outcome of the round by abusing his admin powers. Who will ever stop that guy who lands and gets that roid and the massive xp now?
Unread 28 Jul 2005, 16:06   #18
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Quote:
2. Assuming xontas did in fact edit the xp, then your arguments are next to nil here, better luck next time.
The mere fact that he had to edit the XP of players who did nothing wrong shows he messed up.

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
Unread 28 Jul 2005, 16:25   #19
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Glad I didn't notice that thread tbh. My eyes have been rolling enough during this thread, that I think that other one will cause me to go blind.

I have a decent amount of respect for 1up. I'll say that now. But the 1up forums squadron really picked a lousy topic to have a go at... Couldn't you be having another go at exilition or something?

1. your bias against PA-team(xontas) {lo forest, jerome} is really quite alarming, and tbh I'm inclined to say if you don't like em(him), then go somewhere else. I'll reply with a "ciao." on your leaving PA thread.

3. The other posters on that thread... /me shakes his head. Lighten up guys, seriously. Mountains out of molehills etc.
Its not the fact that he had to do this that annoys me, its the fact that there was clearly no consultation with the community and neither with the rest of pa team (otherwise he would have given all 1:1 planets a higher value). Do I care if an insignificant nobody* gains a bit of early-round xp? Not particularly, but does that make it ok to give them it anyway? You're giving one player an advantage over the others.

Believe it or not, I am very appreciative of pa team, but they need to stop making rash decisions without consulting eachother.

* It could just as easily have been a main contender for the round.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
Unread 28 Jul 2005, 17:39   #20
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRat
The mere fact that he had to edit the XP of players who did nothing wrong shows he messed up.
Messed up an incident which is getting blown vastly out of proportion here. Mistake or not, there's still not major lasting damage, and to be honest with you, if this golden roid incidient manages to thwart the players of the top alliances, then the whole lot of you deserve to lose. If you lot can't pummel the stuffing out of that one player who has this allegedly horrible advantage... ffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
Its not the fact that he had to do this that annoys me, its the fact that there was clearly no consultation with the community and neither with the rest of pa team (otherwise he would have given all 1:1 planets a higher value). Do I care if an insignificant nobody* gains a bit of early-round xp? Not particularly, but does that make it ok to give them it anyway? You're giving one player an advantage over the others.
Fair. But, tbh as JC said earlier. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. xontas would have been bashed the moment he hit the submit button. Forest has it out for him. Most know this already. Jerome... well, he seems to have a complex that his ~10$ has just been ruined for the whole round now.

And if xontas had just put himself about as 'normal' planet stats for this far in the round... How many more flames would be up for making the roid 'too easy' to get?

An advantage? Are you trying to tell me that 1up {example, since it's Rat, Jerome and You that are commenting along with me here } can't handle one person with a slightly higher xp score than some of your members? Eerm... I really hope that's not the case. If it's not, some people in the R14 predictions thread are going to find themselves gravely mistaken on who's going to win.

While I can appreciate your concern about advantages etc... Can we put it into perspective a bit? one player has not been given more ships than the rest of PA combined. One player does not make 100k of each resource type per tick as a result of it. One player is not able to take on the rest of the universe single-handedly etc etc. They have a score jump {not if xontas fixed it however} and probably about 10-20 ticks bonus before he/she gets targetted for having said roid.

Kind of irrelevant early on in a ~1500 tick game eh?
Unread 28 Jul 2005, 17:40   #21
jerome

?

why am i biased against xontas ? i think he's an idiot yes - don't get me wrong, that's not bias, that's fact. i think a lot of people are idiots, and due to this lack of faith in them, i don't trust their decisions.

don't assume duder, it makes an ass out of u lolers.
Unread 28 Jul 2005, 17:41   #22
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney
clearly any kinda player who goes after a golden roid is not going to be in a position that matters to the round. so let someone have a litle XP boost and their golden roid/n00b magnet, and concentrate on the REAL game at hand
wrong, syrun had the golden roid last round finished t15, so he wasnt in a position that mattered to the round?
Unread 28 Jul 2005, 17:52   #23
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Quote:
?

why am i biased against xontas ? i think he's an idiot yes - don't get me wrong, that's not bias, that's fact. i think a lot of people are idiots, and due to this lack of faith in them, i don't trust their decisions.

don't assume duder, it makes an ass out of u lolers.
Rarely ever is an opinion complete fact. I think you're an idiot for blowing this out of proportion, and you probably think I'm an idiot for defending it. Doesn't mean that either of us really are idiots.

If you don't trust his decisions, and since it's affecting PA to the point of "the whole round is ruined etc" as you implied earlier... Why are you still here? I'm not physically telling you to fk off and leave... But I'm curious why you continue to stick around if you're having a distinct lack of faith in decisions being made.

btw
I assumed you had it out for xontas. I was correct. There's no making of an ass out of me here...
Unread 28 Jul 2005, 17:55   #24
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
wrong, syrun had the golden roid last round finished t15, so he wasnt in a position that mattered to the round?
{My knowledge of who's in what alliance for non-hc folk is lacking here... especially in regards to angels... so if I botch the correct alliance of syrun, apologies }

I assume this guy is angels.

I would imagine that his alliance, activity, and galaxy probably had a lot more to do with his top 15 ranking than that golden roid did tbh.
Unread 28 Jul 2005, 18:34   #25
xontas

should you wonder why i didnt respond

1) i always was gonna edit the exp of the people hitting me
2) i did this because you people where complaining the roid would not be stolen if i didnt grow
3) i am not alowed to play so would never grow big enough!

all the people i pissed off in the game because of the function i have took the time to respond
turning it in a xontas flame post

thanks, nice, love you 2

but i am gonna close the tread now

i edited back down and no-one gained a unbalanced amount of exp

Xontas
Closed Thread