User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 13 Jul 2005, 22:39   #1
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts
Cool down will ja?

Please people this is a test ... I repeat a TEST.
A test of stats and how things will work when the real round starts!

Now all jumps on the last 5 gals in uni…I saw a gal stat with more red then the communist flag and yet all planets had around 100 roids at most??

Cool down people and attack some big planet to really see how thing works/looks ;XP, which ships works etc etc….

I repeat again: this is NOT the real round – It’s a few days when everyone can play for fun to test things!

You all learn more and success will come easier if you take this time to both win AND lose some ships.
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 22:57   #2
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about
Re: Cool down will ja?

Nobody likes losing ships, well atleast i don't
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 08:48   #3
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotatrix
Nobody likes losing ships, well atleast i don't
Why not its just Beta
I just keep sending ships to defend in gal just to see what ships i will prefer for main round
Good old test and adjust sorta thing

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 16:22   #4
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

lol you know I log in once an hour or at least 5 times a day just to build something or just to send in gal defence but have kinda not been bothered about playing it properly, but what I was not xpecting is loadsa ziks and other races all just n00b bashing my lil planet coz I am easy pickings which doesnt seem to prove much in the sense of actually testing as everyone is actually just out n00b bashing what they can which defeats the point of a beta ( unless we beta testing n00b bashing)

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 16:44   #5
Dotatrix

With more value/roids it's much easier to test, since u have much more shippies
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 16:48   #6
Grog
Benevolent Dictator

Grog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud of

I've been top 20 most of the round.

I'm in a pretty decent galaxy.

We've been attacked a TON.

It's not like its just lowbies getting hit, theres a lot of attacks going on everywhere.

OFC the lowbies get more incoming, It may be a beta, but it always helps to have roids to work with.
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 19:46   #7
xontas

xontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the rough

xontas wonders why the word "test" is to complex to people
xontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 20:00   #8
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

because people see the beta as a 'free game' , rather then testing like they should
public betas are rarely as constructive as private ones , where genuine testers actually test.
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 20:44   #9
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

Btw, this”test” with a stealing ship in every race looks like a sure”hit” hope it stays!

It gives all the races a new dimension and it’s more fun to play.
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 22:19   #10
Grog
Benevolent Dictator

Grog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud of

ofc people treat it like a free game.

How else do you test things except by acting the same as you would in a regular game.

You get to know what a race is like by playing it.
Sometimes you roid lowbies, just to get your income up, sometimes you try hitting large planets to try for a big XP gain.

Just as you would in a real round.

It isn't taken as seriously ofc, but to complain about people testing the game by playing it like they normally would, makes no sense at all to me.

IMO it's certainly a more effective test then the contrived closed betas that happened.
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 23:02   #11
Dotatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grog
ofc people treat it like a free game.

How else do you test things except by acting the same as you would in a regular game.

You get to know what a race is like by playing it.
Sometimes you roid lowbies, just to get your income up, sometimes you try hitting large planets to try for a big XP gain.

Just as you would in a real round.

It isn't taken as seriously ofc, but to complain about people testing the game by playing it like they normally would, makes no sense at all to me.

IMO it's certainly a more effective test then the contrived closed betas that happened.
/signed
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 23:32   #12
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

In a private beta the testers are normally told what areas to test and what isnt working right, and they go and test it. in a public beta people just play like they would, instead of looking in a certain area which has changed for bugs.
its more constructive in that sense

Hope ive clarified what i meant for you
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 01:51   #13
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

isnt it called public preview? :/

If I had not played for a while, and saw Public Preview, I'd think it wa s way to give interested people a shot etc...

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 02:06   #14
Phil^
Insomniac

public preview, yes but essentially its a beta and everyone knows that
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 09:57   #15
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

i personally can't believe you actually expect people to 'test' in a public beta which you even call a preview...

you knew in advance testing would never happen so why bother with it?
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 10:52   #16
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
public preview, yes but essentially its a beta and everyone knows that
if it was a beta, shouldnt the ticks be quicker and shouldnt full tech trees etc be given out and res after say 24 hrs, because quite frankly 15 min ticks is slow, you cant actually test game mechanics when an attack takes 2 and a half hours.
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 11:46   #17
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
in a public beta people just play like they would, instead of looking in a certain area which has changed for bugs.
So basically people are doing as they are supposed to. There is just as much n00b bashing in a real game, as there is in this public preview/beta.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 12:17   #18
SimbaX
Can't Touch This

SimbaX is an unknown quantity at this point

hmmm people playing the beta as they would the real game non-shocker