User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 Apr 2005, 20:02   #1
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
So you are getting roided?

A little article about getting roided. (Authors views only)

Yes, yes, we all know the feeling. You wake up, to find incomings. Sometimes without defence fleet. You know you are gonna get roided, and there is little you can do with it.

Or is it?

Lets take a look at a couple of things you can do.

1: RUF aka Run your fleet.

If all is hopeless, you feel like your gonna cry and stop playing.
Remember, your fleet is what's keeping you alive. Dont EVER loose your fleet on a defence. Its better to live to fight another day. Set your fleet in prelaunch. And you are safe.

2: RETAL

You get so angry that you are about to burst. You got your attackfleet home? GOOD, make him BLEED. Send your attack fleet at your target. This is a good option if the eta is for instance ETA 4 or so. He'll notice your fleet. And sometimes he wont get def, so he pulls, and you pull (If you want to that is, sometimes its nice to keep going) You also need ofc to check if ur fleet is capable of hitting your attacker. Usually it is, but check just in case. Dont want to give thoose zik's another pop at your fleet.

3: STAND

Okay, lets say your a terran getting attacked by xan FI (yes yes, i know alot of other ways a xan attacks) Get a unitscan of your attacker. Calculate and check abit what he might be sending. (sometimes there is an expirienced player in the end of your attack so he may be faking things) Anyways, do a battlecalc: http://bcalc.visionhq.org/
if you find out that your attacker will loose more than 17k of value on getting roids from you defending with anti fi, stand with it. Send out all other ships, set them in prelaunch etc and wait for the attacker to get a big big suprise when he lands. If possible, do a retal after crushing his attackfleet. Remember, the value of 17k is meant for early in the round. The numbers should be around 40k mid round and 80k late round.

4: Build your own defence.

Okay, this is abit dearing and tasking assignment. BUT, it is possible, I did it alto of times in round 12. Have some resources stored. Always. If you are small, ask your MoD for a "loan/donation to help with your own defence" -You'll never gonna pay back probably, but he dont know it.
Take a unitscan or fleetscan on your attacker, and figure out what's incoming. Then start building that anti ship type. and that one ONLY. That way he'll both see that you have used your rather huge reserve resources, and know that he will meet more def than he already sees.
Remember that valueloss also accounts in this.

Now, lets take some more rather general things.

1: ALWAYS REPORT INCOMINGS THE MINUTE YOU SEE THEM. DONT SCAN FIRST, DONT CRY, DONT PANIC, REPORT YOUR INCOMINGS AT ONCE.

2: Always idle in galaxychannel. Luck is when one of your galmates are avaliable for a minute and can offer you some help.

3: DONT ever send angry messages! Not with alliance name, calling him names etc etc, chance is that he'll gonna remember you better, and repay the visit. If you get so angry. Walk away! Take a deep breath, a sig, a beer, something that relaxes you. Remember this is just a game. Nothing more, nothing less.

Now just for my closing.

Getting roided sucks. I know, I've been there so many times and we all have. Dont give up, dont quit, dont jump in a lake etc. Get back in the saddle, whine abit bout it in the alliance channel, but start planning for new attacks, report coords etc. Then you will one day finally see his angry messages when you repay him the visit.

Last edited by Kargool; 30 Nov 2005 at 05:47. Reason: Just wanted to revisit this thread as I have changed views slightly on some of the issues and I still think its a good thread to read for new PA players.
Kargool is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2005, 20:36   #2
Wraith[x]
Moo?

Wraith[x] is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: So you are getting roided?

Option 5 - Attack someone else. Nick someone elses rocks to make up for what you lose..
Unread 28 Apr 2005, 20:46   #3
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

can we stick this thread in strategy discussions as a sticky?

I kinda like this thread

good post kargool.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 00:08   #4
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I like it
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 08:48   #5
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

I hope newbies don't randomly use option 2 to plunge their fleet as salvage/ship donations to a larger enemy.

-NitinA
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 09:27   #6
Goatsemaster
Just like science!

Goatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
1: ALWAYS REPORT INCOMINGS THE MINUTE YOU SEE THEM. DONT SCAN FIRST, DONT CRY, DONT PANIC, REPORT YOUR INCOMINGS AT ONCE.
That's stupid. Don't cry, don't panic, but please do scan. Giving your DC a Fleet Analysis to go with your incoming is always good and never bad.
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 14:06   #7
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

First report. then scan. It's the best way.
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 14:59   #8
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
No. Just no.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 16:32   #9
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
No. Report with the Fleet Analysis. A DC will love you more than anything if he/she doesn't have to work out what an incoming is first.
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 16:44   #10
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute

Nice post mate helps will help out a lot of people so
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 20:39   #11
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

In most cases, and at the moment most people dont have fleetscans. But ofc, give them the scans you can get.
Unread 30 Apr 2005, 02:28   #12
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

True, the messages thing... Everytime i got angry messages 'I'll crush you', 'my big ally will ruin your round', 'ahah you think you'll get a single roid with that fleet?' or funny ones 'i'm a young girl it's my first round please can you cancel your attack'... i know i'll have a quiet landing. Sure enough, if you're gonna crush you're attacker the last thing you want is for him to pull.

About building def ships before the attacker lands, don't forget the 'engineers priority' to lower the production time if needed. and make the ships out of prod for the tick he lands not before (so a last minute unit scan won't show them).
Unread 30 Apr 2005, 07:35   #13
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

ive been roided i think 24 times this rd, i cant even get above 300 roids. heh
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2005, 07:37   #14
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold

scans plus bcalc then pming MO = cookie.

and more likely to get covered too

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2005, 07:38   #15
hellsmurf

hellsmurf has a little shameless behaviour in the past

well nothing new...
but some n00bs will help it...

if i have that i do one of those things:

running...
or psychodef with prduction hehe

and this round roids arent important.. cause u get em easy... with shitload of xp...
Unread 30 Apr 2005, 07:58   #16
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
True, the messages thing... Everytime i got angry messages 'I'll crush you', 'my big ally will ruin your round', 'ahah you think you'll get a single roid with that fleet?' or funny ones 'i'm a young girl it's my first round please can you cancel your attack'... i know i'll have a quiet landing. Sure enough, if you're gonna crush you're attacker the last thing you want is for him to pull.
I have to say that a few times this round I've sent immature messages to my attackers.

Once it was an ugly fleetcatch where I was losing 170k value in fleet (attacker landed and lost similar). Twice people have landed CR and lost everything. I'm such a leet trickster, yes? :/
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2005, 10:48   #17
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

nice thread, i like it. May help some new players (and even older ones) stop quiting becuase they get roided

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2005, 15:27   #18
Guran
Puppet Master

Guran will become famous soon enoughGuran will become famous soon enough

Quote:
A little article about getting roided. (Authors views only)

1: RUF aka Run your fleet.

If all is hopeless, you feel like your gonna cry and stop playing.
Remember, your fleet is what's keeping you alive. Dont EVER loose your fleet on a defence. Its better to live to fight another day. Set your fleet in prelaunch. And you are safe.
As far as I know, the pre-launch thing has been fixed last round already.
Guran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2005, 15:48   #19
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guran
As far as I know, the pre-launch thing has been fixed last round already.
What exactly do you 'know' about the pre-launch 'thing'?
Unread 30 Apr 2005, 16:51   #20
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Well I've 'ran' my fleet using pre-launch two or three times this round, and it seems to work.
Unread 30 Apr 2005, 17:39   #21
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

From what I've heard, it was initially disabled, the ability to escape battles whilst in pre-launch that is, and then re-enabled a few days later.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2005, 17:45   #22
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
From what I've heard, it was initially disabled, the ability to escape battles whilst in pre-launch that is, and then re-enabled a few days later.
I think you might be right - they were at least considering removing that, anyway. A lot of people complained about this 'feature' (now a feature, was a bug! )
Unread 30 Apr 2005, 21:49   #23
Guran
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
What exactly do you 'know' about the pre-launch 'thing'?
Was referring to this.

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showth...ight=prelaunch

After I heard Spinner disabled it I haven't tried it anymore so I'm not certain if it works or not.
Unread 30 Apr 2005, 21:57   #24
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

would be nice if there was some clear info on this, i dont exactly fancy chancing my fleet on it
Unread 30 Apr 2005, 22:54   #25
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Was referring to this.

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showth...ight=prelaunch

After I heard Spinner disabled it I haven't tried it anymore so I'm not certain if it works or not.
Then you don't 'know' much. Prelaunched fleets still don't take part in combat.
Unread 30 Apr 2005, 23:03   #26
Guran
Puppet Master

Fair enough. I don't know much.
Thank You for clearing that up!

Silly me for believing what PA team says.
Unread 30 Apr 2005, 23:18   #27
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It works
Unread 1 May 2005, 00:05   #28
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Silly me for believing what PA team says.
It's a bit sad just how clueless they can be :|
Unread 1 May 2005, 13:26   #29
Lunar_Lamp
Server Manager

Lunar_Lamp is a glorious beacon of lightLunar_Lamp is a glorious beacon of lightLunar_Lamp is a glorious beacon of lightLunar_Lamp is a glorious beacon of lightLunar_Lamp is a glorious beacon of lightLunar_Lamp is a glorious beacon of light

It was changed during the beta for R12 to mean that prelaunched fleets took part in combat (that was the period the posts in that thread were made). However, there were some problems, and it didn't work, so it was reverted to the previous method where prelaunched fleets do not take part in combat.
Unread 1 May 2005, 20:56   #30
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I always threaten my attackers with a solid battering if he dares to approach one more tick
Unread 1 May 2005, 21:11   #31
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar_Lamp
It was changed during the beta for R12 to mean that prelaunched fleets took part in combat (that was the period the posts in that thread were made). However, there were some problems, and it didn't work, so it was reverted to the previous method where prelaunched fleets do not take part in combat.
Thanks for clearing that up
Unread 30 Nov 2005, 05:34   #32
Clogg
SiNíng is a lifestyle

Clogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to all

can't you just edit the original post? Then it would really become sticky worthy
Unread 30 Nov 2005, 05:52   #33
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

done and done
Unread 30 Nov 2005, 06:18   #34
Clogg
SiNíng is a lifestyle

Clogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to all

\o/
Unread 30 Nov 2005, 12:15   #35
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Option 5:
Report the planet to the MHs. Sweet talk with the MH and get him to recall the attackers fleet.

-this may only work if u r in certain alliance(s)-

but a valid and ace tactoc.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2005, 12:39   #36
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Being a Zik and saving res just makes the day liveable, when you steal several hundred ships for a few roids etc

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2005, 16:00   #37
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

some nice points... some things are not the correct way tho at all.. as has been pointed out by others already.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2005, 17:16   #38
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Option 7 or whatever it is, i didnt read after the first 5 lines..

Spend the rest of the rd cov opping the bashing ****er for the rest of the rd. (or is that just me)
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2005, 18:39   #39
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Nice thread kargool, An addition that would come under stand...

Salvage/steal profit... for example in these b report.

http://parser.visionhq.org/index.php...b2060007e996ba

in this B report I knew I wasnt going to get the co element covered, so as an alternative approach I opped to wipe as many spiders as possible by getting beetle flak in the form of xan fi so that the harpys can do more damage.

Whilst you still going to lose roids, there is no reason why you cant convert some of them attacking ships into resources.

edit- via 0 loss ships

Last edited by Paisley; 30 Nov 2005 at 18:49.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2005, 20:49   #40
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

A nice thread for new players but I personally do this different. I wouldn't advise it though.

Quote:

3: DONT ever send angry messages! Not with alliance name, calling him names etc etc, chance is that he'll gonna remember you better, and repay the visit. If you get so angry. Walk away! Take a deep breath, a sig, a beer, something that relaxes you. Remember this is just a game. Nothing more, nothing less.

I nearly ALWAYS mail an attacker and tell him if he comes any closer he will get roided, along with his galaxy, and his alliance. Then I attack him, and his galaxy. Then I mail him to laugh at him.

Sometimes I laugh at his alliance

Lo VGN.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2005, 22:51   #41
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil

About building def ships before the attacker lands, don't forget the 'engineers priority' to lower the production time if needed. and make the ships out of prod for the tick he lands not before (so a last minute unit scan won't show them).
I actually sent a mail when the attacker would've lost over half of his fleets. But i send it coz i didn't want to lose my roidies!

I also got this very scary mail from somebody because I roided him: "recall your fleet or my friends roid u" Did he really think his friends attack that they send at like 16.00 would land ?
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round

Last edited by Dotatrix; 30 Nov 2005 at 22:56.
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2005, 00:41   #42
Neferti
part time ghost

I got a weird one this round. Some guy threatened to wipe out me and all my mates cos I got defense against his crappy attack fleet, and he lost 400 daggers (crushing defeat!).

That was 3 weeks ago, and I have been attacked once since then. I live in fear of the time this guy and his friends will wipe me out for not letting him farm me.

But isn't it supposed to be the other way round? Shouldn't I have been the one threatening him - after all, he was attacking me, and he could have recalled if he wanted.
Unread 1 Dec 2005, 12:06   #43
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
A nice thread for new players but I personally do this different. I wouldn't advise it though.

I nearly ALWAYS mail an attacker and tell him if he comes any closer he will get roided, along with his galaxy, and his alliance. Then I attack him, and his galaxy. Then I mail him to laugh at him.

Sometimes I laugh at his alliance

Lo VGN.
Lo Forest.
Unread 1 Dec 2005, 15:16   #44
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Has anyone else started attacking planets in shitty galaxies in the desperate hope that one of them is forest or is it just me?
Unread 1 Dec 2005, 16:37   #45
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

You can PM me or forest and get his coords...
Unread 1 Dec 2005, 16:55   #46
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Sure where would the fun in that be
Unread 1 Dec 2005, 17:50   #47
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

5:4:2 is me. Hit me as much as you like, its always good to twat a mod

Touch my gal though and it could get all to nasty.
Unread 1 Dec 2005, 23:12   #48
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Destroyed ships: 1
Vsharrak: 1

I'm sorry forest. I just couldn't resist
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2005, 19:47   #49
Forest

You know this means war, right?

Unread 2 Dec 2005, 20:29   #50
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
You know this means war, right?

It's on!
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote