User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 1 Sep 2004, 16:33   #1
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough
Raise your hand if you miss the old days

_o/

Big fleets, overkill, stagnation, huge powerblocks, thousands of roids... - when the game was fun for the big boys.

Where'd we go wrong?
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 16:48   #2
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Raise your hand if you miss the old days

Private galaxies, p2p and lack of descent multihunting.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 17:09   #3
Exode
W00f w00f w00f

Exode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really nice

I am having quite alot of fun.... so no I dont miss anything

Exode
Exode is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 17:30   #4
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

see my hand up there ? It's so raised.

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 18:36   #5
Ice
Angel

Ice is an unknown quantity at this point

im shocked to see pa is still going.

Whos winning?
(Illegal) as that sorta caused it
(Illegal) so he was running to the bathroom with cum dripping from his face
(Illegal) yer
(Illegal) poor sod
Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 18:38   #6
FernandeZ
The good old times

FernandeZ is an unknown quantity at this point

I like the new planetarion! We do get more and more players for every round now so i havent eny thing to complain about.

Why are you playing it if you dont like it?
R11.5 || VsN - MO
R12 || VsN - MO / 1up

/me hugs Myzztica, you sexy little thing!
FernandeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 06:27   #7
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point

i like the new pa, the only thing we're suffering from atm is the lack of (new) players, and no, going back to the 'old' pa wont change that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 07:59   #8
RealJames
Retired at the top

RealJames is infamous around these parts

_o/

"That's what the internet's for - slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards, J&SBSB
RealJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 14:51   #9
Keger
My God!!! The Horror!!!

Keger has a spectacular aura aboutKeger has a spectacular aura aboutKeger has a spectacular aura about

Hmmm.... no one seems to have mentioned me in this post...Bwahahaha. Just Kidding. I miss the good ol' days of PA. Running around with GLX trying to play with the big boys, but mainly just getting stomped....T'was good fun though, good fun!!!

Keger
Keger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 22:40   #10
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Gamewise, i see it as two quite different games(comparing r4 and r11) but i find both equally fun. Except for the tremendous amount of planets we had back in the days, even if 70% of the planets were multies.... there were roids to steal. But playerbase seems to be growing every round now, as long as promotion gets more and more agressive i'll be happy

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2004, 00:37   #11
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

_o/

I miss PA just being PA, instead of trying to be something it is not (i.e. a game where everybody can do well without any effort), and back when people realised that it is a war game, and somebody has to lose, and that at some point, your planet is gonna get twatted down to practically nothing. I miss PA being a game that you have to play to do well, instead of just having to login and click a few buttons at random and be guaranteed of doing half decent.
Unread 3 Sep 2004, 14:34   #12
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
Private galaxies, p2p and lack of descent multihunting.
I believe that the multihunters are doing a far better job now than they did before..
Unread 3 Sep 2004, 14:35   #13
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

btw

_o/
Unread 3 Sep 2004, 14:37   #14
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar
_o/

I miss PA just being PA, instead of trying to be something it is not (i.e. a game where everybody can do well without any effort), and back when people realised that it is a war game, and somebody has to lose, and that at some point, your planet is gonna get twatted down to practically nothing. I miss PA being a game that you have to play to do well, instead of just having to login and click a few buttons at random and be guaranteed of doing half decent.
heh you might think Im some kind of spammer-twat now, but just had to say that Bashar is 100% right in what he's saying
Unread 3 Sep 2004, 15:02   #15
Felagund
Lost in Translation

Felagund will become famous soon enoughFelagund will become famous soon enough

Quote:
_o/

1000% with bashar

_o/
Unread 3 Oct 2004, 01:51   #16
Egoist

Egoist is an unknown quantity at this point

\o7
Egoist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2004, 02:13   #17
Ultramar
:)

Ultramar has a spectacular aura aboutUltramar has a spectacular aura aboutUltramar has a spectacular aura about

Probably the main reason why so many ppl play a common PA Clone, cos they miss the original 3 fleets with their multiple targetting etc and the way it was played...

Still, its not the same cos its not actually PA

_o/
Ultramar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2004, 03:00   #18
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

the good old days of multies, bots and farms? the days when to do well you had to cheat in a way or another ?
Unread 3 Oct 2004, 07:34   #19
Rudmer
Former Eclipse HC

Rudmer is an unknown quantity at this point

\o/

both hands are soo raised, if it was the same game as r4,5,6 I would still be playing.
and no, you didn't have to cheat to do well. activity and politics were the key

r4 n00b r5 still a n00b (APC-Silver)
r6 PINK[BULL] (Silver-Elysium)
r7 BLACK[BULL] (Elysium)
r8 [Adelante] -> [Fury]
r9 [Eclipse] Officer
Speedgames --> |R6B| says enough...
r9.5 and r10 [Eclipse] HC
r10.5 [MISTU]
Rudmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2004, 10:17   #20
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

The thing with old days is, they never ever come back. Now go to bed, masturbate, and cry yourselves to sleep people.
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2004, 10:53   #21
jleedham

jleedham is on a distinguished road

heh i wonder if any of you people saying how great the good old days where actually played them?
there where only two things that where "better" about the "good ole days" the first was that there where more people but as has been pointed out a large amount of these where multies or bots neither of which are constructive to the game as all it does is piss people off who end up with them in there galaxy as the heave inactive's. and secondly was private gals, however if you want the player base to increase then u cannot have private gals as it means new players have zero chance of being able to enjoy the round. i think the 5 and 5 system atm is a good compromise.

Quote:
_o/

I miss PA just being PA, instead of trying to be something it is not (i.e. a game where everybody can do well without any effort), and back when people realised that it is a war game, and somebody has to lose, and that at some point, your planet is gonna get twatted down to practically nothing. I miss PA being a game that you have to play to do well, instead of just having to login and click a few buttons at random and be guaranteed of doing half decent

-------------------------------------------------------

where does this comment come from? wat exactly is easier about PA now than it used to be.?? exactly how can u log in click a few buttons and do well??

i mean for the love of good wat is wrong with you people i have to say of all the online communities that have been a memeber of over the last 10 years that i have been activkly using the net i have never meet a bigger group of people with the capacity to whine about absoloutly everything.

Have You Growled At The Badger Recently?
jleedham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2004, 11:40   #22
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleedham
where does this comment come from? wat exactly is easier about PA now than it used to be.?? exactly how can u log in click a few buttons and do well??

i mean for the love of good wat is wrong with you people i have to say of all the online communities that have been a memeber of over the last 10 years that i have been activkly using the net i have never meet a bigger group of people with the capacity to whine about absoloutly everything.
It comes from me, surprisingly enough. It is easier now than before because, before, you could get twatted down to nothing, whereas now, you gain experience which cannot be taken away, so if you login once a day, and click the right buttons (covert ops, roid initiation, fleet launching), you are pretty much guaranteed to gain experience, and therefore, you can grow fairly consistently without really putting much effort.
Unread 3 Oct 2004, 11:49   #23
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

\o_
Quote:
Originally Posted by FernandeZ
I like the new planetarion! We do get more and more players for every round now so i havent eny thing to complain about.
wtf?!
Unread 3 Oct 2004, 11:59   #24
jleedham

basically the 3 things that u have just described with the exception of covert ops hasbeen all u have had to physically do in PA since R1 obviuosly if u want tio do well u have to plan ure fleet launches etc etc.

and yes much as exp means that to an extenmt you can do better that we realistically as exp is avaiable to all it doesnt actually make any differnce in terms of doing badly well, someone who would have done badly before XP was introduced will do just as badly now, due to the fact that the good players will be doing the basic things but also all the extra things that make them reach the top 100. meaning that much as the shite people will have a higher score in realation to a round before XP they will still be at the bottom with a rubbish score in realation to the rest of the universe in this round. as i said basically the people on this thread are complaing due to there stubboness to accept change if instead of bitching u worked the new system then you would be able to just as well as you have/havent done in previous rounds, so far on every thread i have read regarding the "New" i ahvent come across so much as one good argument as to why it is worse than any previous version. mayB before people post threads slagging of someone else hard work they should at the very least come up with a decent reason to do so instead of just compliaing like a 5 yr old child who has been told he has to eat his sprouts.

Jsar

Unread 3 Oct 2004, 16:48   #25
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
basically the 3 things that u have just described with the exception of covert ops hasbeen all u have had to physically do in PA since R1 obviuosly if u want tio do well u have to plan ure fleet launches etc etc.

and yes much as exp means that to an extenmt you can do better that we realistically as exp is avaiable to all it doesnt actually make any differnce in terms of doing badly well, someone who would have done badly before XP was introduced will do just as badly now, due to the fact that the good players will be doing the basic things but also all the extra things that make them reach the top 100. meaning that much as the shite people will have a higher score in realation to a round before XP they will still be at the bottom with a rubbish score in realation to the rest of the universe in this round. as i said basically the people on this thread are complaing due to there stubboness to accept change if instead of bitching u worked the new system then you would be able to just as well as you have/havent done in previous rounds, so far on every thread i have read regarding the "New" i ahvent come across so much as one good argument as to why it is worse than any previous version. mayB before people post threads slagging of someone else hard work they should at the very least come up with a decent reason to do so instead of just compliaing like a 5 yr old child who has been told he has to eat his sprouts.

Jsar

Very little of this was comprehensible, and a good deal of it seemed contradictory, so I will just focus on the one part I could actually understand. You say that you haven't seen one good argument why new PA isn't as good as old PA. I think this shows you to be a little... short-sighted, the fact that, as you put it, 'everybody is whinging' suggests that there are some issues with it. Also, just because you don't agree with the reasons people give doesn't make them bad. And if you haven't seen anything good said, then you haven't read many threads.
Unread 3 Oct 2004, 17:03   #26
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

The only thing that was "better" with pa in the good old days was that there were 50k players and 120k multies/farms/bot accounts. On my account that is not better tho, so I enjoy pa far more now that there are hardly any cheaters left. You dont have to have a scan planet, a farm gal and 20 brother and sisters who log into your account when your getting your beauty sleep, to do well anymore.

And the xp system did bring something positive to this game. It forces you to attack bigger planets to gain rank. Attacking small farm accounts dont pay off anymore.
Unread 3 Oct 2004, 18:24   #27
jvg
legion pe0n

jvg is an unknown quantity at this point

i started having my hand up right after p2p :/

<Azuth> I've done alot of Crazy things for PA
<Azuth> Telling a nekkid girl I can't stay over anyway as I have to go home and save my gal is right up there with spraining my foot with my bare hands to up my activity
jvg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2004, 23:18   #28
jleedham

Basher......

no offence mate but if you are just going to flame wat i said at least have the politeness to actually justify ureself, you say that i obviously havent read enuf threads if i have not found any good arguments and yet u dont quantify this with any or with a dirtection to any post containing any thus making ure argument useless, as u say everyone is entitled to there opinion and whilst you complain at me for critising someone for having that view you in your thread are critising me for having an opsing view to your self and calling me short sighted, as for my previous post it was not very well written i will agree and io should have made myself clearer, so to put it into simple terms.

1. Pa now is by no means easier than any other round, you implied that due to XP that now to do well all you have to do is log in, launch ure fleet, co-ops and int some roids. my coment was that in previous version of pa the only differance here was the co-ops not being available.

2. much as it may be easier for a player to get a large score in comparison to last round all players have this ability meaning that a player that would have done badly due to inexperiance,lack of activity, being in the wrong alliance or what ever reason, will if having exactly the same issusies and playing the same way still come not be a decent player as you put. as there score whilst being higher in realtion to a non XP round will still be low in relation to experianced or good players in an XP round.

3. Yes the reason that people are whining implies that there are people who are not happy with certian aspects of the game i agree. what i do not agree on is that many if any of these complaints are justfied, as i said the only complaint i have seen so far through out the forums regarding PA that has even the smallest amount of credibility is regarding the lack of numbers in comparison to the earlier rounds, however even that is a dodgy complaint due to the fact that as pointed out by many players a large amount of those players where actually multis and bots.

i have played since r1 and due to that have seen the game go through many large and small changes and over that time have read at least one thread before the begining of each round by someone such as your selves complaing about what ever change has been made since the previuos round! if PA where not to change round after round then the game would never evolve or get better.

oh and a quick note to JVG

hmm did you go to work for free this week?? i am guessing not. if you dont why should the PAteam/Jolt?

Jsar

Unread 4 Oct 2004, 00:00   #29
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Basher......

no offence mate but if you are just going to flame wat i said at least have the politeness to actually justify ureself, you say that i obviously havent read enuf threads if i have not found any good arguments and yet u dont quantify this with any or with a dirtection to any post containing any thus making ure argument useless, as u say everyone is entitled to there opinion and whilst you complain at me for critising someone for having that view you in your thread are critising me for having an opsing view to your self and calling me short sighted, as for my previous post it was not very well written i will agree and io should have made myself clearer, so to put it into simple terms.

1. Pa now is by no means easier than any other round, you implied that due to XP that now to do well all you have to do is log in, launch ure fleet, co-ops and int some roids. my coment was that in previous version of pa the only differance here was the co-ops not being available.

2. much as it may be easier for a player to get a large score in comparison to last round all players have this ability meaning that a player that would have done badly due to inexperiance,lack of activity, being in the wrong alliance or what ever reason, will if having exactly the same issusies and playing the same way still come not be a decent player as you put. as there score whilst being higher in realtion to a non XP round will still be low in relation to experianced or good players in an XP round.

3. Yes the reason that people are whining implies that there are people who are not happy with certian aspects of the game i agree. what i do not agree on is that many if any of these complaints are justfied, as i said the only complaint i have seen so far through out the forums regarding PA that has even the smallest amount of credibility is regarding the lack of numbers in comparison to the earlier rounds, however even that is a dodgy complaint due to the fact that as pointed out by many players a large amount of those players where actually multis and bots.

i have played since r1 and due to that have seen the game go through many large and small changes and over that time have read at least one thread before the begining of each round by someone such as your selves complaing about what ever change has been made since the previuos round! if PA where not to change round after round then the game would never evolve or get better.

oh and a quick note to JVG

hmm did you go to work for free this week?? i am guessing not. if you dont why should the PAteam/Jolt?

Jsar
Actually, it seems to me (observer) that you tried to flame bashar first. In the same voice that you are asking "Why are people complaining?" You should ask yourself, why are you responding to it. It is not your job to correct the community. I see no harm in people ranting about the old pa vs the new pa. If you have a problem with it, why repeatedly reply to a complaining thread? Just a question. Noone comes to your home and makes you login. You do it on your own. You are complaining about people complaining. WOW.

Along with the topic. New PA is a lot bettar than old pa. It is just the lack of players/planets that makes PAX style seem wank. No it is not easier to play new style. It is just that you get attacked far less than you did back in the days. In example, in round 5 and 6, I got attacked everytime I reached 1mil. Like clock work. In round 10 I got hostile incoming 1 time. (besides end of round lemmings) In round 11 I got hostile incoming 1 time (though I bopped out a little before mid-round) Still, thats 2 times in 1 and a half rounds. Thats why PA today feels like it sucks. Cause you simply are not really fighting anyone.
Thank you for reading my post.
And jleedham, I think your cool.
Unread 4 Oct 2004, 02:00   #30
Hamil

Quote:
_o/

Amen.

I stopped playing after round 4, yea was some time ago. They started to destroy the game that early by listening to crying noobs that didnt put any effort in the game. "Bohoo the big alliances attacks me" so? Work hard and make friends/allies. Nothing is easy from start. I was alone the 2 first rounds, then i got friends and allies and got in a decent alliance, and it started to go better and better. This suppose to be a strategy game. EVERYONE has the same possibilitys, depending on how much effort they put in the game, very easy. I was destroyed several times, but i got back. I remember the thiefs, the best ship ever.

Nooooo, i wont start playing again, the game is to messed up and definetly not fun, as i read through the forum. And whatabout the price depending where you live in the world? Hahaha, oh man. Its all about profit. To get as much people as possible to pay and play. Thats why they makes it easier for noobs.

I wasnt any expert as a player, so i got smacked now and then, but i had ALOT of FUN. And getting my alliance together and retaliate was fun too, hehe.

\o/ i raise both hands, i miss the good ole FUN days.

Edit. Why not have 2 diff versions. One for theonesthatdontwanttobeattacked, and one for people who want to have fun, and work to get somewhere. I would pay to play in a version where i can have fun like the original Planetarion.

Last edited by Hamil; 4 Oct 2004 at 02:07.
Unread 4 Oct 2004, 06:28   #31
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramar
Probably the main reason why so many ppl play a common PA Clone, cos they miss the original 3 fleets with their multiple targetting etc and the way it was played...

Still, its not the same cos its not actually PA

_o/
nah, they play cos they have a sadistic feeling for constant round resets, servers down, cheating on top planets, internal staff crisis, etc

Maybe cos they like the increase of players that the free game brings, but the increase also brings sharing/multing/cheating stuff that is unnoticed by the admin/MH thats is small for so much people to handle and no payment for that.

I believe that besides the fact the PA community owns the game politcs, it is not bigger than 60% of the players, people play the clone more just because they have numbers and no cost.

The new PA is ok, people are complaining cos the community is renewing slowly, and people want to have too much people to fight with it. It is a slow but constant flow, it will neve come back to many thousands as before, but still well have some fun from now on, if things continue this way.

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2004, 07:30   #32
jvg
legion pe0n

jvg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Basher......

Jsar
most of the PA-team do mentors coders etc
atleast some of them i still believe that there could have been implanted a better system back then BUT WHO CARES it has happend etc.

<Azuth> I've done alot of Crazy things for PA
<Azuth> Telling a nekkid girl I can't stay over anyway as I have to go home and save my gal is right up there with spraining my foot with my bare hands to up my activity
jvg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2004, 11:54   #33
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
as i said the only complaint i have seen so far through out the forums regarding PA that has even the smallest amount of credibility is regarding the lack of numbers in comparison to the earlier rounds, however even that is a dodgy complaint due to the fact that as pointed out by many players a large amount of those players where actually multis and bots.
Jsar
You are doing it again. You are just saying "they are all wrong". It is hardly a discursive argument. You don't say what is wrong with arguments or anything similair. You just say "they are all wrong", and that is a fairly sweeping statement, and when you bear in mind there is just you saying that, and the rest of the community saying otherwise, I think you are pushing the bounds of reality.
Unread 4 Oct 2004, 11:57   #34
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exode
I am having quite alot of fun.... so no I dont miss anything
i move to second that motion

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2004, 11:59   #35
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
It is just that you get attacked far less than you did back in the days.
I disagree with this. Yes, there were more people to attack, but there were more people to be attacked. I think the reason is that alliances no longer have the same focus that they used to. Since the end of the 'major' alliances (like Fury and Legion), I think alliances have had less focus, and have needed less focus. The way people need to play the game has changed, alliances were recently able to attack the good targets, rather than having to hit certain targets, and keep them small. This is changing a little bit with 1up now, and I can see it swinging back to how it used to be, but I genuinely don't think that numbers has an effect on this issue. I would agree it affects other issues, but I don't think you could justify it meaning you get attacked less.
Unread 4 Oct 2004, 12:01   #36
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
PA-Team do it for exactly the same reason we play it - they enjoy it.
Unread 4 Oct 2004, 12:09   #37
Chika

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I disagree with this. Yes, there were more people to attack, but there were more people to be attacked. I think the reason is that alliances no longer have the same focus that they used to. Since the end of the 'major' alliances (like Fury and Legion), I think alliances have had less focus, and have needed less focus. The way people need to play the game has changed, alliances were recently able to attack the good targets, rather than having to hit certain targets, and keep them small. This is changing a little bit with 1up now, and I can see it swinging back to how it used to be, but I genuinely don't think that numbers has an effect on this issue. I would agree it affects other issues, but I don't think you could justify it meaning you get attacked less.
I feel I justified it perfectly. Outside of politics, what is PA. Taking and guarding roids. If you do this less frequently you are taking from the game, thus the game seeimg kind of weak.
Say you were having a lot of sex one week and you loved it, and next week you didn't get as much. That was a bad week. This is a bad week for PA.
(analogy was sort of way out there, BUT, i figured it was something we all could relate to. if you can't relate to it, you better be 12, or you better be retarded)
Thks for reading my post.
Unread 4 Oct 2004, 12:20   #38
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
I feel I justified it perfectly. Outside of politics, what is PA. Taking and guarding roids. If you do this less frequently you are taking from the game, thus the game seeimg kind of weak.
Say you were having a lot of sex one week and you loved it, and next week you didn't get as much. That was a bad week. This is a bad week for PA.
(analogy was sort of way out there, BUT, i figured it was something we all could relate to. if you can't relate to it, you better be 12, or you better be retarded)
Thks for reading my post.
I think I missed your point.
Unread 4 Oct 2004, 12:25   #39
Chika

Quote:
I think I missed your point.
Hmmm, are you 12?
Unread 4 Oct 2004, 12:29   #40
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Hmmm, are you 12?
No, and that is entirely irrelevant anyway.
Unread 4 Oct 2004, 12:31   #41
Chika

Quote:
No, and that is entirely irrelevant anyway.
Wow. So you are not 12. I only gave two options.
Unread 4 Oct 2004, 17:14   #42
Conall
There is a better answer

Conall will become famous soon enoughConall will become famous soon enough

Well, you are leaving out hard core geek in the list. If you live on caffine and tweinkies and spend all your time in dark rooms lite only by the computer screen, it gives them that pasty look the opposite sex generally doesnt go for.

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Sir Winston Churchill
Conall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2004, 20:04   #43
jleedham

hmm ok........

Chika...

first of all thanx for saying you think i am cool LOL.
anyways just wanted to say that i didnt actually flame bashar, i just asked him what was easier about PA now than in the "good ole PA" to which i he gave me a few reasons 99% of which where actually things that u would have done in the old round anyways thats when i started to flame him also u are right it is not my job to re-educate the comunity however as untill the round starts i have an awfull lot fo free time i thought i would at least see if these spineless whingers had a decent argument for there pathetic complaints. also is fun to watch them squirm as bashar is no doing when he knows that he cant actually make an argument regarding the topic coz at the end of the day he didnt have one he just jumped on the banbwagoin coz he has no identity of his own

Bashar.
hmm once again as in many of your threads u over exagerate and dont back your self up. you accuse me of making sweeping statements and yet u claim that "the rest of the community says otherwise" i think the fact that there are only about 26 people posting on this post and a fair few of them are disagring with the notion that PA was better in the good ole days, would indicate that if this thread was a representation of the PA community then actually the "rest of the community" doesnt agree with you.
as for saying that "they are just wrong" and not justifing my arguments that is basically bollox im my original post i already said a bunch of reasons as to why the old PA is not better than this one and what i actually said was not that peoples arguments where worng but that there was not a decent argument out there to support the comment.
as for your comment regarding the "PA team do it for the same reasone that we do they enjoy it" this is no doubt true however, i enjoy my job i damn well wouldnt go in to workl for free, coz at the end of the day no amount of enjoyment or self satisfaction is going to pay my rent or buy my food. basically u and all those like you constantly go on about how PA should be free and it was so much better then, just wanna free ride, wanting to scrounge of someone elses hard work. basically the kinda people who spend there life sitting in there room playing on there computer not going to work coz who needs to the system owes me.

Unread 4 Oct 2004, 20:45   #44
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
hmm ok........

Chika...

first of all thanx for saying you think i am cool LOL.
anyways just wanted to say that i didnt actually flame bashar, i just asked him what was easier about PA now than in the "good ole PA" to which i he gave me a few reasons 99% of which where actually things that u would have done in the old round anyways thats when i started to flame him also u are right it is not my job to re-educate the comunity however as untill the round starts i have an awfull lot fo free time i thought i would at least see if these spineless whingers had a decent argument for there pathetic complaints. also is fun to watch them squirm as bashar is no doing when he knows that he cant actually make an argument regarding the topic coz at the end of the day he didnt have one he just jumped on the banbwagoin coz he has no identity of his own

Bashar.
hmm once again as in many of your threads u over exagerate and dont back your self up. you accuse me of making sweeping statements and yet u claim that "the rest of the community says otherwise" i think the fact that there are only about 26 people posting on this post and a fair few of them are disagring with the notion that PA was better in the good ole days, would indicate that if this thread was a representation of the PA community then actually the "rest of the community" doesnt agree with you.
as for saying that "they are just wrong" and not justifing my arguments that is basically bollox im my original post i already said a bunch of reasons as to why the old PA is not better than this one and what i actually said was not that peoples arguments where worng but that there was not a decent argument out there to support the comment.
as for your comment regarding the "PA team do it for the same reasone that we do they enjoy it" this is no doubt true however, i enjoy my job i damn well wouldnt go in to workl for free, coz at the end of the day no amount of enjoyment or self satisfaction is going to pay my rent or buy my food. basically u and all those like you constantly go on about how PA should be free and it was so much better then, just wanna free ride, wanting to scrounge of someone elses hard work. basically the kinda people who spend there life sitting in there room playing on there computer not going to work coz who needs to the system owes me.
You really do talk shit. Oh well, here we go:

First, the issue of PA team doing it for fun, I KNOW they do, I know a good deal of them outside PA, 1 I currently live with, another I lived with for 3 years, and most of PA team past and present I have met on numerous occasions, and they all have a pasion for PA, and enjoy helping out. I myself used to help out PA team with numerous things such as what would now be classed as support, and I used to do it for free, and I was more than happy to do it. The fact you don't get paid is not an issue.

Second, I have NEVER even implied I think PA should be free. I used to help with the p2p support when PA first went p2p, and even whilst doing that, I never even wanted or recieved a free account, I always paid, and willingly so. Almost every single round since p2p started I have bought more than one credit just because I am willing to pay more for PA than they charge me, this round I have bought 3 so far, I think last round I spent about £20. No matter what you accuse me of, there is NO WAY you can accuse me of wanting a free ride. I have contributed far more to PA than you ever will, and have always been more than happy to do so, and have never once moaned about it. This whole point shows just how much we can rely on your previous assertions.

As for me squirming, I don't quite see that. Just because you don't have the intelligence to understand my points doesn't make me a spineless squirming whinger. People like you make me despair. You live in your own little world, and only look out through your own specially tinted glasses. If something doesn't agree with what you think, your glasses block it out and you fail to see it. You have made no decent responses to anything I have said. The sole justification behind everything you have said has been either "you have no valid arguments", or just plain bullshit. Everything I have said in response to your bullshit you have either failed to notice, or have just selectively forgotten.

Not backing myself up - look at the whole issue of the employment, go find some retail analysis websites/records/whatever and see which are the busiest days (unless of course you know you are wrong). You hardly listed a wide range of jobs that apply on weekends - and for the record, many weekend workers are students doing it as a 'Saturday job' or whatever). Over exaggerating - I know you think I never back myself up, but would you care to look at your statement, and point me to where you justify/backup this statement, as I think I missed that bit.

Look earlier in the thread, it was actually you that said the rest of the community says otherwise when you said every post is whinging about new PA, and none of them say anything good. I actually said if you read properly that there are good things said about it. I was merely picking up your point, and using it to illustrate a point.

Basically, you are an arrogant little twat. Everything you said in that post that was about/directed at me was utter rubbish. You seem to have no grasp on reality at all, and you also seem to imply that I am a scrounger on the government etc. which I'll have you know is not true, in the last 4 months, I GUARANTEE I have done more work than you. Most of it I have been working 7 days a week, and much more than the standard office hours. Nor do I sit at my computer all the time.

Please do me a favour, next time you want to post anything about me/at me, don't bother, I have no desire to have any form of discussion with anybody who makes such false assumptions about me, and who tries to imply that I always take without ever making contributions. You genuinely need to learn to get your facts straight before you throw such accusations, otherwise it will some day land you in some serious trouble.
Unread 4 Oct 2004, 21:06   #45
jleedham

Fair enuf, i apologise about the free game thing i agree that at no one where in any of your posts have u suggested that and that is on my part a mistake and i quite rightly apologise, although the chances of you doing more work than more work over the last 5 weeks are unlikely although not knowing what u do for a living entirley possible.

Quote:
bashar
As for me squirming, I don't quite see that. Just because you don't have the intelligence to understand my points doesn't make me a spineless squirming whinger. People like you make me despair. You live in your own little world, and only look out through your own specially tinted glasses. If something doesn't agree with what you think, your glasses block it out and you fail to see it. You have made no decent responses to anything I have said. The sole justification behind everything you have said has been either "you have no valid arguments", or just plain bullshit. Everything I have said in response to your bullshit you have either failed to notice, or have just selectively forgotten.
end quote:

as for the other comments regarding some of the other points i made first, first of all i quite clearly stated my reasons as to why i belive that the previuos rounds where not as good and they can be easily justified, the reason i stated where the larger amount of multis, less balancing of fleets, Uber untouchable galaxies due to private gals, uber powerblocks stagnating the game and making it impossible for anyone not in one of said blocks to enjoy the game. etc etc...
as for your self please give me and example of anywhere that u have justified your comments or any arguments regarding this topic??? mayB i have as u said missed them and if so i apologise i however have not seen any.

quote:
Look earlier in the thread, it was actually you that said the rest of the community says otherwise when you said every post is whinging about new PA, and none of them say anything good. I actually said if you read properly that there are good things said about it. I was merely picking up your point, and using it to illustrate a point.
end quote.

actually i think you will find that i havent at any point in any thread said that no one has anything good to say about planetarion what i actually said was that i hadnt seen a good argument as to why this version of PA is worse than any previous version. before u slag me off for not reading or understanding what has been written by ure self mayB u to should take a look. and it was actually ureself claiming that the rest of the PA community agreed with ureself that the old PA was better i think the exact words where

You just say "they are all wrong", and that is a fairly sweeping statement, and when you bear in mind there is just you saying that, and the rest of the community saying otherwise, I think you are pushing the bounds of reality.
end quote

Quote:

Not backing myself up - look at the whole issue of the employment, go find some retail analysis websites/records/whatever and see which are the busiest days (unless of course you know you are wrong). You hardly listed a wide range of jobs that apply on weekends - and for the record, many weekend workers are students doing it as a 'Saturday job' or whatever). Over exaggerating - I know you think I never back myself up, but would you care to look at your statement, and point me to where you justify/backup this statement, as I think I missed that bit.
End quote

well i think u will find i have actually in the thread that this applies to pointed out that i have no official figures for this but that i find it hard to belive that less than 50% of the work force dont work weekends. and wat the hell does it matter that some of these people are students doing saturday jobs? do they not count as the work force? do they not play PA? and as for not naming enuf jobs i named 2 of the largest employment industries as in catering and retail.

Jsar

Unread 4 Oct 2004, 21:45   #46
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

I raise my hand too, but mostly because RP is pretty much dead nowadays...

But yeah, when I played PA in the beginning (R3/4 ish I think) as an utter newb with me mates.. That was good
Unread 5 Oct 2004, 03:16   #47
ExiledBlade
DR Member

ExiledBlade is an unknown quantity at this point

i miss PDS and overkill i loved overkill lol

Honour - BC
Gypsie - HC
Coven - HC
ExiledBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2004, 14:50   #48
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

can you please use [quote] jsar, it just makes it much easier for me/others to read.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Oct 2004, 20:21   #49
whoop
The [Fury] of the [z0r]

whoop is an unknown quantity at this point

The old days were fun if you were willing to invest a LOT of time to do well. For everyone else, it sucked. Hard.

NFI how the new days are...

-whoop
<@whoop> I know

#milo
whoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2004, 01:30   #50
Spanky

Spanky is an unknown quantity at this point

I miss the old round I must admit Gone are the days of free accounts and having thousands of players with hundreds of gals
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote