User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 18 Sep 2006, 11:53   #1
Furious
SpamBot

Furious will become famous soon enoughFurious will become famous soon enough
Self Promotion

mpogd.com/gotm/
Look at the history of PA, people loved it at one point!

Planetarion February 2002
Planetarion December 2001
Planetarion October 2001
Planetarion September 2001
Planetarion June 2001
Planetarion April 2001
Planetarion March 2001
Planetarion January 2001
Planetarion December 2000
Planetarion May 2000

All these accolades and then nothing until:

Planetarion February 2006

What were we doing right in February, and was there a spike in membership at this point?

<TomKat> my signature is the greatest on the entire internet
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2006, 11:54   #2
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

Timeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really nice
Re: Self Promotion

iirc in february wasnt the free round drawing to a close? or was that round b4?

random n00b - r3 & 4
MoE - round 12
Rock - round 13, 14, 15, 16
Pragmatik - round 16
ToF - round 16
Subh - round 17
Pa Team - rounds 16, 17, 18, 19
awol ever since
Timeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2006, 11:56   #3
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

You will notice that Planetarion was voted during the height of it's success. I think february 2006 just sneaked in because there was a lot of spamming to please go and vote there.

Also, I wouldn't consider mpogd.com as anything to go by, the votes are heavily dependant upon how much advertisement your game does to have it's players go and vote there.
Unread 18 Sep 2006, 12:05   #4
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

I think we spammed and spammed and spammed to get to the top.
Unread 18 Sep 2006, 12:13   #5
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Also I believe that mpogd.com/gotm/ after PA's initial good run swapped to a system where if you win it once your not eligable to win again for 12 months. I might be wrong but its something i remember being mentioned back in Feb
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2006, 12:49   #6
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
Also I believe that mpogd.com/gotm/ after PA's initial good run swapped to a system where if you win it once your not eligable to win again for 12 months. I might be wrong but its something i remember being mentioned back in Feb
Thats correct, hence why we only one once this year. We will have to have a think about which months we want to try and do well in next year.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2006, 13:10   #7
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

when we were 2nd in the voting we blocked with 3rd to take down 1st

(or so someone's sig says )

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2006, 15:00   #8
XelNaga

XelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to behold

It was solely through spamming.

And that's my sig .

(Marneus) also the damn thing aint always right 4 + 79 = i type 81 and it kicked me back to the login again grrr
XelNaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2006, 15:26   #9
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quality quote
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2006, 23:40   #10
Furious
SpamBot

So what, if not mpogd.com would have a good impact then?

Unread 19 Sep 2006, 05:46   #11
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo
when we were 2nd in the voting we blocked with 3rd to take down 1st
Nowadays it would be more politically correct to block with the 3rd to take down the 5th though.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2006, 07:22   #12
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about

Keizari is still bitter? :-(
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2006, 09:33   #13
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light

can't we just have 12 names for planetarion :P
Planetarion 1,2,3 etc,.. so we can win every month

(i'm a helper! :P)
Unread 22 Sep 2006, 09:44   #14
Fr0sten
Fear - HC

Fr0sten is infamous around these partsFr0sten is infamous around these partsFr0sten is infamous around these partsFr0sten is infamous around these partsFr0sten is infamous around these partsFr0sten is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious
What were we doing right in February, and was there a spike in membership at this point?
I think this was the point when I paid for advertising for planetarion. With Google / DevStart

Cost me roughly about £200 pounds but I think the results are rewarding enough :P

If jolt would kindly put aside a £1,000 Pound for 3 months advertising im sure we will defo be able to drive millions of users to planetarion.

#Fear on NetGamers

irc://irc.quakenet.org/planetarion
Fr0sten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2006, 16:10   #15
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

stop talking bollocks, that was the free round
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2006, 17:23   #16
Furious
SpamBot

dont you have to pay £80.00 for the latest version of excel?

I think by comparison PA is a bargain

Unread 22 Sep 2006, 17:25   #17
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Actually I believe microsoft have upped the price to the purity of a virgin's soul.