User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 16 Jul 2006, 18:02   #51
Fiery
PA Team

Fiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud of
Re: Undesirable Galmates.

/me pats marv on the head...
"You can post, too, marvy. As soon as you get out of short pants."
Fiery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 18:06   #52
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery
/me pats marv on the head...
"You can post, too, marvy. As soon as you get out of short pants."
I don't get it :s

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 18:34   #53
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

PA Crew caught in spamming an actually quite interesting and important thread!
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 18:39   #54
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
PA Crew caught in spamming an actually quite interesting and important thread!
Your just jelous I'm not spamming you

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 19:12   #55
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
I want some active galaxy mates in good alliances. Unfortunately, the shuffle moved me to 1:1:1
The gal I wanted to end
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 19:13   #56
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv
Your just jelous I'm not spamming you
Not really. Try taking it to #pateam next time. This was quite a good thread until a ten post PA Team love-fest shat all over it.

ON TOPIC: The most undesirable galmate for me is someone who is active and has a competent planet, but doesn't use IRC, respond to in-game PMs or send the right ships in defence. Give me an inactive any day, at least you know where you stand with them.
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 19:16   #57
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunkelGraf
I dislike people using fake nicks and secret def/relay channels.
They wont get their incs reported and wont recieve def :-) At least not by me, heh
This is a good example of a bad gal mate. Fake nicks are needed cause the truth is that not everyone in PA likes each other. Alliance HC usually insist or at least suggest you use fake nicks to prevent detection. Without fake nicks we should have our ruler names set the same as our nicks and then everyone will know where everyone it and the least liked players and the one that would targeted most often will have crap rounds and quit playing.

If you were my gal mate and did not report my inc because I was using a fake nick I would exile you or have the GC do it. Galaxies are supposed to work together not find reasons not to.

Inactive gal mates are annoying but so are the ones that always want def but never defend other. Also the militant type of hardcore player can get annoying. I am here to enjoy the game and play.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 20:09   #58
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
This is a good example of a bad gal mate. Fake nicks are needed cause the truth is that not everyone in PA likes each other. Alliance HC usually insist or at least suggest you use fake nicks to prevent detection. Without fake nicks we should have our ruler names set the same as our nicks and then everyone will know where everyone it and the least liked players and the one that would targeted most often will have crap rounds and quit playing.

If you were my gal mate and did not report my inc because I was using a fake nick I would exile you or have the GC do it. Galaxies are supposed to work together not find reasons not to.

Inactive gal mates are annoying but so are the ones that always want def but never defend other. Also the militant type of hardcore player can get annoying. I am here to enjoy the game and play.
I agree totaly.

And if dunkel was in my gal and he didn't report my incomming I would have him killed on the next ToT meeting

Fake nicking is part of the game and brings fun times in trying to unmask fake nickers (hey Gzambo )
#multihunters
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 20:32   #59
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

The vast majority of people who fake nick on a second client also, surprisingly, never talk much. Galaxy channels are shite. Fake nicking probably postpones alliances knowing each other's coords by maybe 50ticks? Is it really worth it? Of course not. But hey, anything to continue ruining what once used to be a barely decent online game?

Oh and the most annoying galmate you can have is one of those born without a sense of humour - a group of players which seems to be increasing exponentially with every round
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 21:41   #60
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt
The vast majority of people who fake nick on a second client also, surprisingly, never talk much. Galaxy channels are shite. Fake nicking probably postpones alliances knowing each other's coords by maybe 50ticks? Is it really worth it? Of course not. But hey, anything to continue ruining what once used to be a barely decent online game?

Oh and the most annoying galmate you can have is one of those born without a sense of humour - a group of players which seems to be increasing exponentially with every round
Fake nicking actually does work which is why it has been practiced so widely and for so long and why so many people who would rather not do it still do. Meanwhile galaxy channels without any fake nicks are still notoriously inactive. Active players tend to chat in thier alliance channels or channels with thier friends while less-active players tend not to chat much at all. In most galaxies there are rarely enough people actively online at the same time to sustain any real conversation.

But hey, its easier to just pretend that everyone fake nicking is stupid and ruining the game I guess.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 21:43   #61
Ace
PA Team

Quote:

Nope it's negative f00ls like you that make it go down
Stop being so negative m8, fake nicking is fun and even with extra clients some ppl still make big mistakes
Though I do think a sence of humour is needed in PA.
#multihunters
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 21:53   #62
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

fake nicking is really just a waste of effort and energy.

I agree with Newt

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 21:55   #63
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W
But hey, its easier to just pretend that everyone fake nicking is stupid and ruining the game I guess.
Every round I've played recently (took r9.5 -> 13 off) what happens is the following. Someone exiles into my galaxy. I PM my HC "who is this?" they reply saying "1up" or whatever, from ridiculously early stages in rounds. Granted, most of the time real nicks aren't known so fake nicking is a decent idea if you're a hc or infamous I guess.

You then confront those said players with their alliances, and you get "soz mate, can't drop the fake nick or 1up will refuse to defend me all round" or something shit. It's just shit shit shit shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
fake nicking is fun
I'll admit it can be fun for people like me not fake nicking to try and guess the real nicks of those that are. Think I landed in your's and biggin's gal once? I did almost wet myself with excitement when I worked out it was biggin
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 21:59   #64
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

The only people who fake nick are people who think they are holyer than thou and are up themselves.

Fact.
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 22:08   #65
Ace
PA Team

Quote:
I'll admit it can be fun for people like me not fake nicking to try and guess the real nicks of those that are. Think I landed in your's and biggin's gal once? I did almost wet myself with excitement when I worked out it was biggin
Yup you found biggin but not me
#multihunters
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 22:09   #66
Ptraci

Ptraci is a jewel in the roughPtraci is a jewel in the roughPtraci is a jewel in the rough

Unless you're extremely good at it, fake nicking is pointless - most ppl give themselves away within the first few days with a careless mistake

r3 - r5 - Gondor alliance
r14 - Orbit member
r15 - Orbit DC
r15 - r17 - Orbit HC
r17 - r19 - Insurrection HC
Ptraci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 22:09   #67
Ace
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge
The only people who fake nick are people who think they are holyer than thou and are up themselves.

Fact.
Nope you are wrong...it's a part of the alliance way of trying to hide a bit longer (or very long in some cases)
#multihunters
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 22:15   #68
newt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
Yup you found biggin but not me
If I'd known it was you and biggin when I first joined I might have played properly though ... as it was, I mass-idled. AND MY GOD MAN! you were still fake nicking till the very end of the round? crazy crazy crazy. One way for new players to get into the game is to land in galaxies with "famous players", and get a jumpstart to their pa-careers. If you all use fake nicks its a bit hard for them

You should be ashamed of yourself
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 22:18   #69
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

Fact.
I always fake nicked. I was a HC and I expected it of my members just as I did it myself. It's an important part of the intel war, and alliances that are good at hiding their co-ords (as my alliance often was) can avoid getting hit for quite a few weeks. Personalised relay channels with bots inside, that sort of thing.
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 22:18   #70
Fiery
PA Team

Fiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud of

Quote:

Fact.
That's right, Smudge. I am far far far holier than thou. And as long as there is no one in the gal that knows me, they don't figure out who I am. But if anyone does know me... they figure it out quickly. It took RiXX about a day to figure it out one round.
Fiery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 22:30   #71
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Every round I've played recently (took r9.5 -> 13 off) what happens is the following. Someone exiles into my galaxy. I PM my HC "who is this?" they reply saying "1up" or whatever, from ridiculously early stages in rounds. Granted, most of the time real nicks aren't known so fake nicking is a decent idea if you're a hc or infamous I guess.
Meanwhile I have seen situations where fake-nicking worked very well, concealing players and even alliance affiliations well into the round. I have also seen, like you, times where it accomplished absolutely nothing. So yah, fake nicking is far from completely effective, but it is also far from useless.
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 22:36   #72
K-W
Bored

Quote:

Fact.
lol?
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 22:50   #73
newt
Banned

Anyway, a few facts:

1. people don't talk anywhere near as much or as freely on fake nicks as real ones;
2. new players go random

... Going by the galaxies I join as a random, its no wonder PA struggles to get new players. And all for the sake of saving 50ticks or so of coord-secrecy each round.
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 22:54   #74
Ace
PA Team

Quote:
If I'd known it was you and biggin when I first joined I might have played properly though ... as it was, I mass-idled. AND MY GOD MAN! you were still fake nicking till the very end of the round? crazy crazy crazy. One way for new players to get into the game is to land in galaxies with "famous players", and get a jumpstart to their pa-careers. If you all use fake nicks its a bit hard for them

You should be ashamed of yourself

I hope you don't think I'm a famous player ?
#multihunters
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 22:59   #75
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

i'm glad you at least took in the main jist of his post there Ace
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 23:08   #76
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Anyway, a few facts:

1. people don't talk anywhere near as much or as freely on fake nicks as real ones;
2. new players go random

... Going by the galaxies I join as a random, its no wonder PA struggles to get new players. And all for the sake of saving 50ticks or so of coord-secrecy each round.
Many people talk just as actively with fake nicks as they do with real nicks, ive even played with people who were more chatty with thier fakes. Some people are almost certainly less active with fake nicks, some people even choose not to be on irc rather than to bother with fakes. You simply cant generalize.

Galaxy channels are boring because the vast majority of planetarion players dont spend alot of time sitting around chatting. Many of them just come online to do game things and the ones who do chat usually do so in channels full of friends or thier alliance channels.

Hell, I remember many rounds ago being pissed at how little my galaxy talked to each other, and it was a private galaxy of friends. But everyone had thier attack groups and social channels where they did most of thier chatting.

I obviously cant argue with your experience, but I can say that my experience has been completely different. In the galaxies ive been in, the most active planets on irc are usually people with fake nicks and those same people are the ones who help new players and get them involved. And in these galaxies I have never noticed a significant change in galaxy channel activity when people are and arent using fake nicks. The people who I have buddypacked with who used fake-nicks but werent very active also werent very active in buddypack channels using thier real nicks.
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 23:10   #77
Ace
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
i'm glad you at least took in the main jist of his post there Ace
hehe well why beat around the bush
#multihunters
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 23:37   #78
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W
lol?
I don't know what you're laughing about.

You've been fakenicking on the forums since you registered!

K-W my arse.

Yeah that's right. I broke through your super fakenicking powers.
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 23:37   #79
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

Fact.
Or piss off certain people bad enough to justify it
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 23:38   #80
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

Fact.
The only people who don't fakenick aren't well known enough or in a good enough alliance to need to fakenick.

Fact.
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 23:42   #81
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

i fakenick a bit this round but that got other resons really as aparently have pissed ppl off or something but it works as noone have attacked me really
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 23:43   #82
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by robban1
i fakenick a bit this round
I'm pretty sure the whole point of fakenicking is to keep doing it and be consistent chum!

Deciding that sometimes you can't be bothered and joining the gal channel as "robban1" and other days as "1nabbor" won't fool most people
Unread 16 Jul 2006, 23:46   #83
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I'm pretty sure the whole point of fakenicking is to keep doing it and be consistent chum!

Deciding that sometimes you can't be bothered and joining the gal channel as "robban1" and other days as "1nabbor" won't fool most people
im a tiny bit smarter than that i hope
not that i care that much, i just want ppl to work a bit to find me hehe
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2006, 00:08   #84
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
The only people who don't fakenick aren't well known enough or in a good enough alliance to need to fakenick.

Fact.
I didn't fakenick last round and look how it ended for me, top11!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robban1
im a tiny bit smarter than that i hope
not that i care that much, i just want ppl to work a bit to find me hehe
I'd be fakenicking too if I had a £30 bounty for my head tbh. (I know, I just agreed with robban1 )
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2006, 04:22   #85
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

I used noah01 as a fakenick once they didnt know it was me till mid round :P

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2006, 09:23   #86
lilboi

lilboi is an unknown quantity at this point

Fake nicking is part of the game, if you don't like it don't do it, and if you happen to be in an alliance that requires you to do it then you won't get defence.

All the gal channels ive been have had fake nicks, and we talk just as much as i would in my ally channel, probably a little more. Maybe Newt is the one thats not talking? Please don't generalise and say fake nicking is ruining the game or that all fake nickers don't talk. I have seen some that don't, some that jus don't even bother coming to the channel, but everyone is different, if they don't talk much in the gal channel its their loss.
lilboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2006, 11:29   #87
newt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilboi
Maybe Newt is the one thats not talking?
Anybody that know me knows I am a compulsive spammer on IRC and that I'm 0ldsk00l with respect to always putting the galaxy first. In fact, I couldn't give a shit about alliances, I just want a fun galaxy (re: a fun galaxy channel).

Why doesn't everyone do what I do? After 100 ticks or so, ask mates in other alliances to ask their HC if they know what alliance your planet is. 95% of the time you'll get a positive reply and you can drop the sodding fake nicks.
Unread 17 Jul 2006, 12:28   #88
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I miss cluster defence channels more then active galaxy channels, to be honest.

But then again, I've been lucky with my galaxy channels, and I've played random since I started playing again all rounds bar one.
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2006, 15:03   #89
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

My GC is funny tbh.
He has had me on exile since i got in his gal 2 days or was it 3 days ago and i still havent been exiled
I think he needs to look at his inactive Ministers before he looks at anyone else :P

p.s yes my exile is still going I am a no good freebie so i aint good enough

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2006, 19:42   #90
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotatrix
On the other hand, you almost certainly had a planet NAP and were in a top 1up galaxy.
Unread 17 Jul 2006, 23:35   #91
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about

Yeah, I did, but I took it pretty late and did get roided by 1up also. On the other hand, we didn't have any Ins/Omen/ND, so they could've just attacked us, but didn't - god knows why.
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2006, 23:52   #92
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotatrix
I didn't say only good players fakenick, I said people who aren't well known enough don't need to fake nick!

Oooooh SMOKED
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 11:18   #93
aestuos
No Alliance

aestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really nice

OK heres goes theres actually two sides to this story.

1) worst gal mates to make your gal not becomming top 50 and to increase the chances of you being roided by no in gal def.

2) Worst gal mates to make ppl quit PA

Number 1

OK ppl who fake nick not because i disagree with fake nicking but chances are they wont be active in the gal channel

People who as soon as they log on at tick 1, list 100 pointless reasons in 100 different colours why they should be GC. then ppl respond and wait 14 days before they reply.

As above for ministers in my opinions people should only get these responsibilites if they voice their opinions on IRC

Those annoying ppl who 3 wave and then whine about not getting in gal def.

The absolute worst are people who quit PA after the gal gets raided two rounds ago my gal were 9th best gal at say tick 300 ish then we all got 6 fleeted i think it was either a joint raid or two allainces decided to attack at once didnt make much sense attacking in the 6th wave lol. Anyway we got messed up and people instead of launching their fleet and maxcapping getting shed loads of XP they just quit and we quickly and rapidly dropped and i couldnt exal from gal as we were a BP

Ok number 2

People who exal people for not paying i know it happens but just because you

a) arnt old enough to pay
b) cant afford to pay

dosent make if fair that you cant play competitively if you cant be bothered to pay then sure you can get exacled i once bought a person a voucher because he was doing well and said he couldnt afford it we made top 20 gal because of it. Im not saying pay for ppl that was a one off

The point im getting at is a lot of the top 100 players have forgot what its like to be a noob at PA im guilty of this one as well. Instead of exiling people warn them and teach them how to play.

As for making elitest gals thats rediculous to many people would quit. Increasing BP may make it better but its hard to define a limit on what is to many lower alliance will say 5 lol top 5 alliance would say 25 its again one of them impossible things to assertain.

Anyway back to workies

or not
aestuos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2006, 11:18   #94
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I didn't say only good players fakenick, I said people who aren't well known enough don't need to fake nick!

Oooooh SMOKED
In fact people who are sufficiently great and well-known publicise themselves so they don't get incoming!