User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 12 Jul 2006, 16:35   #1
Altor

Altor is just really niceAltor is just really niceAltor is just really niceAltor is just really niceAltor is just really nice
5th Element Tools updated

As usual, the 5th Element tools have been updated for r18.

The bcalc was updated yesterday (and bugfixed today), the parser should have kept working as it should.
The usual addresses:
http://bcalc.5th-element.org
http://parser.5th-element.org

I'd also like to announce our new bcalc in testing on
http://beta.5th-element.org
Bug reports go to aragno

The 5th -element techie team,
Wandows, TheShadow, aragno and Altor
Altor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2006, 16:42   #2
spaceman

spaceman is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: 5th Element Tools updated

thankyou xVx and altor like the look of the new one aswel
spaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 01:06   #3
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about
Re: 5th Element Tools updated

Wohooo! Now I don't have to use Thruds anymore since I really hate it

Thanks Altor|away
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 08:44   #4
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

lol thruds is the single most ugly battlecalc ever.

i always used http://bcalc.5th-element.org/ over thruds when DC'ing as i found it a much better battlecalc for speed and good looks

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 10:30   #5
Dotatrix

Yeah, I find that much faster since you only have to press TAB once to go down in ships. Faster to add or remove some ships.
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 10:47   #6
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Aragno's calc rocks hard
<3 Aragno

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 11:02   #7
Thefoundation

Thefoundation is infamous around these partsThefoundation is infamous around these parts

could you please change the layout of the battlecalc, its utterly crap. loved the old layout, now its even worst then thurd. And im forced to use that. Even though i love the new future's on the sites. Keep up the good work (and remember what i said bout the layout)
Thefoundation is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 12:23   #8
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefoundation
could you please change the layout of the battlecalc, its utterly crap. loved the old layout, now its even worst then thurd. And im forced to use that. Even though i love the new future's on the sites. Keep up the good work (and remember what i said bout the layout)

If you don't like the work they did then don't use it
There are other calcs out there so there will be one you like.

Great work guys
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 14:52   #9
Altor

Altor is just really niceAltor is just really niceAltor is just really niceAltor is just really niceAltor is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefoundation
If you're talking about the layout of http://bcalc.5th-element.org, I can't quite follow, as it has been the same for like umm... 5+ rounds?
If it's about the beta layout, afaik there's a skin for it that has the same layout as the 'classic' bcalc...
Altor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 19:00   #10
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

I've used thrud for rounds now and have had no trouble or discomfort reading it. (I also think the beta calc above looks a great deal like the thrud calc.)

That said, its always nice to have options, so thanks for developing battle calcs.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse

Last edited by K-W; 13 Jul 2006 at 19:05.
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 21:12   #11
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotatrix
Wohooo! Now I don't have to use Thruds anymore since I really hate it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
lol thruds is the single most ugly battlecalc ever.

i always used http://bcalc.5th-element.org/ over thruds when DC'ing as i found it a much better battlecalc for speed and good looks
Stop having a go at Thrud's. He put a hell of a lot of effort into that battlecalc, as well as creating the first calc that clearly showed what XP you would get from your attack and whether or not it was worth landing. The guy deserves a hell of a lot of respect, and you should be ashamed of yourselves.

And personally I used Thrud's, because it was (and still is, I expect) the best around. It's also a hell of a lot prettier than that beta calc (no offense to Altor though).
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 22:36   #12
Dotatrix

Furball, we have the right to express ourselves and we also do have an opinion. If you like the idea, fair enought. If you don't, tuff shit.

Not like anybody is trying to insult him or anything, I just simply do not like it.
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 22:57   #13
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotatrix
Furball, we have the right to express ourselves and we also do have an opinion. If you like the idea, fair enought. If you don't, tuff shit.
Of course you do.

debate

• noun 1 a formal discussion in a public meeting or legislature, in which opposing arguments are presented. 2 an argument.

• verb 1 discuss or argue about. 2 consider; ponder.

— PHRASES under debate being discussed.

— DERIVATIVES debater noun.

— ORIGIN Old French, from Latin battere ‘to fight’.

Fancy a go?
Unread 13 Jul 2006, 23:10   #14
Dotatrix

Sorry. With my IQ, english skills and the fact that I'm so ****ing tired, I didn't get your point. Could you tell your point in an easier way so that a twat like me could understand it. :/
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]