User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 11 Jun 2006, 09:07   #1
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
World Cup setups

I know we've had a few different reactions to the 'old school' world cup announcement. I also realise that some are happy about having it (specifically with 2 races) for the single player event but would prefer something different for the galaxy game.

If it seems that the large majority would prefer a more current setup for the world cup galaxy games, we can change it - if you think it'd be better with a more current setup, please say here, preferably with why!
Unread 11 Jun 2006, 09:11   #2
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future
Re: World Cup setups

I am completely against it
Old game is gone. New system is better.
If i wanted to play old School i would the awful evil clone
If this sheet keeps on Brazillians will only win Real Life Worldcup.

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2006, 09:16   #3
Murador
The Dance King

Murador is a glorious beacon of lightMurador is a glorious beacon of lightMurador is a glorious beacon of lightMurador is a glorious beacon of lightMurador is a glorious beacon of light

Well, I'd like the WC to be more like PA, what PA is today, not what it was, and the reasons are:

First of all, coz I like the way PA is, and this has no reason, it's like if I asked you why you like girls, you just like them, and thats's how I feel about PA the way it is today.

Secondly, the teams are going to have 10 members, 4 races (not only about the races, but all the set up to be honest) would bring more possibilities than only 2, the game isnt supposed to be like "do a couple of ships and move them" a winning gal is ofc going to do a good job before the rounds, choosing races, def and attack ships, and 4 races, enlarges the tatics here, the amounts and types of ships.

Finally, we play PA, there are tons of clones that are just like the current wc set up, if this was fun and good, I wouldnt be playing PA, I play PA and I like PA, the wau it is, I cant see why changing the whole game to a non-PA kind, if it's supposed to be PA World Cup. If its a PA World Cup, just do it like PA is.
Murador is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2006, 09:52   #4
Ghost{}

Ghost{} is an unknown quantity at this point

Adjusting to the new game-design's fun, no one has all historic precedings setup so that they max things out as quick as possible. Though politics remains the same whereever you go.

Gr.

Ghost{}
Ghost{} is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2006, 10:58   #5
ZephodB
wtfpwn

ZephodB is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey? Like new pa appoco if you please. I was a fan of old versions too but recent style rocks. 2 races might be interesting though, but just loading r17 stats would be fine with me. Also, r14 stats imo - Rocked - Cat co ftw :P

Zephod
TGV
Subh
Omen
ZephodB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2006, 12:21   #6
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

I prefer old PA any day.
Unread 11 Jun 2006, 13:39   #7
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Personally I prefer new PA, however I think it would be fun for a special event to play some old-school PA

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2006, 13:50   #8
Kael
The Evil Hamster

Kael will become famous soon enoughKael will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar
I prefer old PA any day.

"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain" - It's time to toss the dice.

#Spacehamsters
Kael is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2006, 14:35   #9
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

I would like an old school version. Tbh you have the PA version of today in rounds and ofc in speed rounds, this is supposed to be a new and a different event to celebrate the world cup. So why not have somthing different? Go back to the old stages some what? I think its a great idea, and gives people a sense of nostalga.

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2006, 17:11   #10
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

The old skool might be nice for single player, but for the gal world cup i'd like it if it had this rounds stats/ships/races/etc

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2006, 18:51   #11
dreis

dreis is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murador
Well, I'd like the WC to be more like PA, what PA is today, not what it was, and the reasons are:

First of all, coz I like the way PA is, and this has no reason, it's like if I asked you why you like girls, you just like them, and thats's how I feel about PA the way it is today.

Secondly, the teams are going to have 10 members, 4 races (not only about the races, but all the set up to be honest) would bring more possibilities than only 2, the game isnt supposed to be like "do a couple of ships and move them" a winning gal is ofc going to do a good job before the rounds, choosing races, def and attack ships, and 4 races, enlarges the tatics here, the amounts and types of ships.

Finally, we play PA, there are tons of clones that are just like the current wc set up, if this was fun and good, I wouldnt be playing PA, I play PA and I like PA, the wau it is, I cant see why changing the whole game to a non-PA kind, if it's supposed to be PA World Cup. If its a PA World Cup, just do it like PA is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZephodB
Also, r14 stats imo - Rocked - Cat co ftw :P

Zephod
Agreed

R-23 @PT: 197
(@sigrid) you have an unpayed account????
(@dreis) yup
(@sigrid) well
(@sigrid) its payed for now.
(@sigrid) get going!
---
R43 @Tick: 128
Aug 25 00:14:25 <Zeyi> dreis
Aug 25 00:14:35 <dreis> yes?
Aug 25 00:14:46 <Zeyi> i have a spare credit
Aug 25 00:15:07 <Zeyi> if it'll help you i have no problem upgrading you
dreis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2006, 18:58   #12
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

r14 stats were awful, this 'old' set up is cute but promotes stagnation too much stats wise. HCT was the best thing about pa post-pax, i'm not sure why that's gone.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2006, 19:05   #13
Ghost{}

yep true that, it slowed down the top players. If you remember back a couple years ago it was sometimes so that the top 1 or 2 players had over 10k roids, these days that amount of roids can't effeciently produce many more resources than the HCT allows.

Greetz,

Ghost{}
Unread 11 Jun 2006, 19:13   #14
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost{}
yep true that, it slowed down the top players. If you remember back a couple years ago it was sometimes so that the top 1 or 2 players had over 10k roids, these days that amount of roids can't effeciently produce many more resources than the HCT allows.

Greetz,

Ghost{}
In fairness it's the time taken to do them rather than the actual limit that seems to be the big thing at the minute. Only one player went over 8k roids this round, none the previous round and two the round before, but they were both less than 1k roids over the limit.
Unread 11 Jun 2006, 19:21   #15
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Not to forget Finance Centres.

I think the WC being 'old school' is good, maybe then people will realise how poor it wise compared to now, rather than remembering it through some rose-tinted spectacles.
Unread 11 Jun 2006, 19:22   #16
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

i'm not actually sure why there is a limit anyway, there really is very little reason to attack after 8k roids now - no xp either?
Unread 11 Jun 2006, 19:35   #17
Paddy
ND for life

Paddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to behold

Personally I would prefer the "old school" stats, not just because I like the old system but also because using "new" stats in a speedgame is virtually impossible to balance. Any stealing in a speedgame causes huge imbalance (and I still think it will be even in this where people are more likely to be active)
Unread 11 Jun 2006, 23:52   #18
Murador
The Dance King

Murador is a glorious beacon of lightMurador is a glorious beacon of lightMurador is a glorious beacon of lightMurador is a glorious beacon of lightMurador is a glorious beacon of light

pa team isnt supposed to give a totally balanced stats for the gal event, you are going to balance in chosing what you are playing etc. We can see that the stats were never balanced, there will always be stronger and weaker races, thats up to you to decide what you are playing.

I say again, this WC doesnt have PA's face, its much more PIA than PA.
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 00:28   #19
Paddy
ND for life

Paddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to behold

Obviously you will have to decide what is/are the strongest race(s) and what the best attack/def ships are between your group. However if there is a steal race I feel it will either end up being unplayable or you could end up with half a gal going zik, half going cath and the ziks completely dominating the entire round.

In a speedgame (especially with no xp) stealing is incredibly powerful. If you use zik stats from this round it will be a farce. If you use zik stats from any of the previous 7 rounds it will be a farce. If stealing is used in the speedgame it has to be nerfed hugely. It would only take being away from the keyboard for 10 minutes to have your entire fleet stolen by a zik. After the first couple of hours this would probably be a very regular occurence and a zik who finds the right target or just simply gets lucky would be way too powerful.

In my opinion stealing is just unworkable in a competitive speedgame situation. It would either be too strong or it would be nerfed so much that it would require insane amounts of luck to do well with them. I feel finding a middle ground without serious stat testing (like proper testing from now until the speedgame and even then I wouldn't be convinced) would be all but impossible.
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 01:16   #20
Murador
The Dance King

I like XP and I wanted it in the WC, just to mention ...

another way is to make Ziks not steal, but subvert the ships, like round 12 or so.
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 11:42   #21
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin
I would like an old school version. Tbh you have the PA version of today in rounds and ofc in speed rounds, this is supposed to be a new and a different event to celebrate the world cup. So why not have somthing different? Go back to the old stages some what? I think its a great idea, and gives people a sense of nostalga.
Agree completely.

There is going to be a whole round after the World Cup with the PaX+ system still in effect. Why not try a change for the speedgames? At the very least it will be a different kind of challenge and an interesting experiment. GG Appoco.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 12:00   #22
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

The word that came to mind when I saw this was 'refreshing'. I like it.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 12:10   #23
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
The word that came to mind when I saw this was 'refreshing'. I like it.
I assume that was because this is different, and not because all anyone did in the early rounds was hit refresh until the pages worked.

btw, the rumour that the pa team were bored and decided to play 'old school' then realised we could use this for a worldcup setup is entirely fictional

Edit:
My view is that XP and stealing gets wildly out of hand in most speedgames - you can get ships back so much quicker that the players generally are willing to lose more ships to capture asteroids. While the Round 17 setup is lower in terms of XP than any previous setup, I'm fairly sure that XP will still play far more of a part in a speedround on that setup than in the game itself.

While the stats probably need tweaking slightly, especially for the team game, I think it'd be interesting to do something different. I admit this is looking backward when we should be looking forwards, but it's worthwhile having several setups of code to play different and more interesting games - an old school one, a current one, a capture the flag one, and so on. Variety is the spice of life :-)
We can then probably have a few more speedgames, so that everyone can play their favourite one. My only concern is too many speedgames will end up with a last-horixon situation, where not many people bother to play.

Last edited by Appocomaster; 12 Jun 2006 at 12:23.
Appocomaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 15:33   #24
jerome

to the people who talk about resemblances to pia; what? pia uses the r6 onwards race set up, not the r5 and prior war/science split.

by the way, i'd just like the HCT reinstated, other than that i think this would be fine, as refreshing is indeeding what it is, and that's a positive thing.
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 19:29   #25
Murador
The Dance King

I dont know about you, but I'm not only talking about the stats, but the set up as a whole.

Too many speed games would take the shine away of it, so its a bad idea.

Well, I already said what I though, just gonna add this: "new school" is always better than "old school" coz, if "old school" was better, it was not supposed to be "old", and it would be being used till today.

I dont know many things about the Brazilian gal anymore, everyone, but one exception, looks so disappointed.
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 19:41   #26
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

old school PA ftw

I've done some testing on the set up with appoco 1 on 1. Trust me, this rawks

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 23:11   #27
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Things I think you should keep from new PA:

Research "style" (maybe ETA difference)
Construction "style" (maybe ETA difference)
"Scanning" style (ie no scanning just initiating)
Attack style (1 tick attack)

Things you should bring back for the world cup:

Simpler stats like you've got
Defence style (3 tick defence - its going to be very difficult to coordinate defence if its only possible to land for 1 tick)
Keep XP out of it
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 23:25   #28
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

I think throwback stats are definately the way to go.

Variety is the spice of life.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 23:31   #29
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I did come up with an idea for speedgame, based on branching tech trees.

The example was 2 starter races, with 1 pod and 5-6 normal ships each. For the other 3 (or 4) ships, they would choose a branch to go. Basic war race, for example, would start with well armoured ships (50-55) and a DE pod but 'advanced war' would deliver better armoured ships (60+) and a BS pod etc. This ended up with 6 possibilities which I thought allowed some more interesting ideas than just 2 basic races (which is really difficult to make all that interesting).

However, balancing that was an absolute nightmare, so I can only wish appoco the best of luck with the set that's being made!
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 23:42   #30
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
I say again, this WC doesnt have PA's face, its much more PIA than PA.
I've hardly been paying attention, so could you explain that for me?

From what I can see, pia uses 4 races too, and the stats changes were the crux of your argument?
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2006, 03:10   #31
Murador
The Dance King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
I've hardly been paying attention, so could you explain that for me?

From what I can see, pia uses 4 races too, and the stats changes were the crux of your argument?
no, as I said before, I am not only talking about stats, but the set up as a whole, the tecnology tree is just like PIA's, we can also say that the scanning is also much more like PIA than PA, xan ships don't show on gal status, PIA, eonium as fuel, PIA, no cov op, PIA, no XP, PIA again and 2 races, that is used nowhere, so not even PA or PIA. Apocco has changed the entire game, the only thing that is beeing kept is the name "PA World Cup", I cant see anything more than this.

But well, if you feel ok with this, what can I do? Nothing will be changed for the minority. But I may not play, I am not chantagearing or anything, its just the way I fell. When I first saw this set up, my first reaction was "I'm not gonna spend 24 hours of my life playing this" and thats how it should go :crymeariver:
Unread 13 Jun 2006, 03:19   #32
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv
old school PA ftw

Yeah, you guys did a really good job keeping this community large and friendly for new players

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2006, 05:24   #33
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intruder
Yeah, you guys did a really good job keeping this community large and friendly for new players
Last time I checked old school PA had way more new players than PA does now.

Almost entirely because it was free of course.
Unread 13 Jun 2006, 09:29   #34
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
no, as I said before, I am not only talking about stats, but the set up as a whole, the tecnology tree is just like PIA's, we can also say that the scanning is also much more like PIA than PA, xan ships don't show on gal status, PIA, eonium as fuel, PIA, no cov op, PIA, no XP, PIA again and 2 races, that is used nowhere, so not even PA or PIA. Apocco has changed the entire game, the only thing that is beeing kept is the name "PA World Cup", I cant see anything more than this.
Evil pateam stealing all their ideas from PIA
Unread 13 Jun 2006, 11:02   #35
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quite why anyone thinks that the old style of play was fun ill never know!

If we play with the setup orginally suggested the gal competition will be over in 3-4 hours.

Im really looking forward to seeing the complete bashing of the top galaxy also, seens as there would be no other way to catch them due to no XP.

The entire idea of this world cup setup should be people fighting eachother tooth and nail, so why the hell dont we reward attacking, and actually make it worthwhile even in the last hour!

The way i see it, it will simply be a roid race for the first few hours, and then the galaxy which gets the upper hand hanging on to the roids they have.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2006, 11:05   #36
JonnyBGood
Banned

Just stick back in HCT please please please please please.
Unread 13 Jun 2006, 17:29   #37
Ghost{}

Multiple posting won't help you there, there needs to be support from others to return the HCT and personally I don't feel a need for it in an old style speedgame. We did fine without it before.

Greetz,

Ghost{}
Unread 13 Jun 2006, 17:49   #38
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game^
Quite why anyone thinks that the old style of play was fun ill never know!
If you didnt think it was fun why on earth did you spend so much time playing it?
Unread 13 Jun 2006, 18:24   #39
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost{}
Multiple posting won't help you there, there needs to be support from others to return the HCT and personally I don't feel a need for it in an old style speedgame. We did fine without it before.

Greetz,

Ghost{}
We didn't do fine. Why do you think they changed the game? Because the magic eightball told them to?
Unread 13 Jun 2006, 18:45   #40
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Put in HCT Put in HCT
Unread 13 Jun 2006, 19:03   #41
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W
If you didnt think it was fun why on earth did you spend so much time playing it?
You know exactly why, so why even bother to ask?

Friends
Unread 13 Jun 2006, 19:06   #42
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game^
You know exactly why, so why even bother to ask?

Friends
Well, most people wouldnt devote thier life to a game they didnt enjoy to some extent just for thier friends.
Unread 13 Jun 2006, 19:45   #43
Game^

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W
Well, most people wouldnt devote thier life to a game they didnt enjoy to some extent just for thier friends.
Its not the "game" itself i enjoyed, more the reaction of others, and the "respect":crymeariver: i seemed to get for it. It became infectious and thus i carried on.
Unread 15 Jun 2006, 18:49   #44
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

The stats seem wrong to me. There are no structure killers or covert ops for structures. Personally I think people will work together in attacking and someone is bound to volunteer to be a scanner. With no SK's the one with the most distorters will win. <---These comments only apply to the single person WC. With the 10 person galaxies a dedicated scanner will still be needed ofc.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2006, 04:39   #45
[ViruS]loki

[ViruS]loki is an unknown quantity at this point

OLD PA sooooooo much better cantbeleve theres even a debate about it thoughs who say new pa is better probebly never played old style pa (or if did wernt too good at it no offence hehe)

been infected... weither or not the name is gone... the universe will never be cured of those infected...

"There is no cure..." :crazyxmas:
[ViruS]loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2006, 09:57   #46
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

On a side note is pilkara running for the speedies? And does anyone have a working bcalc with the new stats?
Unread 17 Jun 2006, 18:52   #47
Murador
The Dance King

People that only talks shit like "PA old school rox" and gives no reason for it, should take a look at what the PA WC players are saying about it in the official IRC channel
Unread 17 Jun 2006, 20:54   #48
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I can't say I've ever been so bored by a round, especially a speed round.
Unread 17 Jun 2006, 21:52   #49
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about

If you went war in this WC you really picked the wrong race. Sci is so overpowered and because of that I think it's boring even for the sci gamers.
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round

Last edited by Dotatrix; 17 Jun 2006 at 23:08.
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2006, 22:45   #50
Murador
The Dance King

Just remembering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv
old school PA ftw