User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 9 Nov 2005, 10:55   #1
Thex
Average Thex

Thex will become famous soon enoughThex will become famous soon enough
G-II move up to 18th

Yes yes, we can all write posts about exil being evil (or vice versa?) or Angels not being #1 or 1up having leet forum posters, but the news today must be that G-II have moved up a place to 18th in the alliance rankings.

I believe that's the only alliance change in the last week or so, so surely that's due some discussion?

So I'll start. G-II are looking good, our avg score has slipped a bit (it was as good as any T10 alliance), but it's still one of the better avg scores for T10 - T20 alliance. The two alliances above us (Sycthe and Hidden Agenda) have lower avg scores and avg roids, but a lot more members, will be difficult to overhaul them with less members, obviously mass recruitment could give us a good total score, but we want to keep the quality when recrutiing (or maybe we can poach a few of their better members - killing two birds with one stone?).

On the organisation side, I can see our HC organising a lot more and getting a lot more things in place. We're becoming more organised and regularly will hit T20 galaxies. With a few more weeks to run I can us rising some more places up the rankings.

My alliance is [BIG]ger than yours

[ex LOST], [ex IF], [ex G-II]
Thex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2005, 11:01   #2
olle
Newdawn ftw \o/

olle is infamous around these partsolle is infamous around these parts
Re: G-II move up to 18th

Nice.

Good luck Pawn them t20 gals and eX and Angels + 1up in there
olle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2005, 11:03   #3
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Hehe, nice job G-II. Eventhough this is not the only alliance rank change this week as even the #1-2 switched only2-3 days ago

(see how I switch the attention back to Angels/exi mmm ) j/k ofc

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2005, 11:05   #4
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Well done on your amazing achievement, all of us over at NewDawn send our congratulations.
Unread 9 Nov 2005, 11:22   #5
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Good to see G-II is satisfied with their rank eventhough it ain't in the far top Have a good round dudes and dudettes
Unread 9 Nov 2005, 11:24   #6
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

On behalf of VGN, I'd like to offer our greetings to LCH. Apologies if you get dust in your eyes, we'll be passing you soon.
Unread 9 Nov 2005, 11:27   #7
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to furball again.

That post definitely deserved some pos rep
Unread 9 Nov 2005, 11:30   #8
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thex
I believe that's the only alliance change in the last week or so, so surely that's due some discussion?
xVx has just overtaken TGV for the position of 6th spot - mind, TGV still has a higher average score.

Lo furbeh, <3
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2005, 11:37   #9
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Hehe, nice job G-II. Eventhough this is not the only alliance rank change this week as even the #1-2 switched only2-3 days ago

you should have said something about "the lite shines bright on exil"
Unread 9 Nov 2005, 11:37   #10
Thex
Average Thex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran

Yeah but that was a temporary thing only (and unlikey to be repeated?)

Unread 9 Nov 2005, 11:40   #11
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
On behalf of VGN, I'd like to offer our greetings to LCH. Apologies if you get dust in your eyes, we'll be passing you soon.
We'll see

Last edited by Alessio; 9 Nov 2005 at 12:01.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2005, 11:40   #12
Thex
Average Thex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
xVx has just overtaken TGV for the position of 6th spot - mind, TGV still has a higher average score.

Lo furbeh, <3
See you go and find a bit of free space to discuss an up and coming alliance, and some evil T10 alliances decide to muscle in on the low PR/trolling week with news of their own.

Go find your own days to get PR, Wednesday's is officially T10 - T20 alliance news days

Unread 9 Nov 2005, 12:21   #13
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

TGV is kind of an up and coming alliance aswell.

Anyways, good going G-II, but I got my bets on SaX and Ephis sexy army!
Unread 9 Nov 2005, 12:30   #14
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

GG, G-II, I hope this is not your end of your achievements this round, and I hope you set yourself further goals. Good luck in achieving them.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2005, 12:53   #15
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck to the folks at G-II
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2005, 12:55   #16
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Finally a GOOD thread on AD again

you are doing well g-ii, keep up the good work and dont become puppets of some top alliance and do their dirty work (like some other top 10 alliances)

i remember the good old times in g-ii in r4 and 5
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2005, 13:48   #17
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

tbh Insomnia has been trading places with xVx for 5th spot the last 4 or 5 days lol

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2005, 14:38   #18
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Virall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to behold

congrats G-II

Unread 9 Nov 2005, 14:46   #19
Thex
Average Thex

Yeah, F-Crew/ToF and HR/ROCK are very close in score, so it wouldn't surprise me if they've been trading places too. But that's no excuse for mentioning G-II as though we're the only alliance that exists - after all the members of the T10 alliances believe that no one else matters.

Unread 9 Nov 2005, 15:06   #20
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio
Ah....LCH, once regarded so high and mightily.

Now the cheap, common whores of the universe. And I don't just mean your players.
Unread 9 Nov 2005, 15:08   #21
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to furball again.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2005, 15:53   #22
Phrazer
Cymru Am Byth

Phrazer has a spectacular aura aboutPhrazer has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thex
Orbit have overtaken ROCK and HR as well

Nice to see a thread about the smaller alliances, hopefully this will start a trend

GL G-II

Round 12 - 13 - E1W HC
Round 14 - 18 - Orbit HC
Round 19 - 32 - Orbit Forever. Nothing else comes close!!
Round 39+ - Currently chilling out in S.P.Q.R

<Gruff|afk> omg....this is the best pm i've ever had!!!!!!
<Gruff|afk> you have just got up so many positions in my "Gruff-o-meter scale"
Phrazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2005, 22:46   #23
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Ah....LCH, once regarded so high and mightily.

Now the cheap, common whores of the universe. And I don't just mean your players.
The time that vgn was regarded high and mighty was.. ergghhh.. never?

It must be frustrating for you that VGN still s.u.c.k.s more then a common whore
but then again, you might already be used to it

Last edited by Alessio; 9 Nov 2005 at 23:10.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2005, 22:56   #24
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about

xVx, insomnia and TGV has about the same score, xVx has highest roid count, but the two others has higher avg score. We'll see what happens!
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2005, 23:42   #25
ArchsteR
lackey

ArchsteR will become famous soon enoughArchsteR will become famous soon enough

G-II is clearly owning b/c of Tygercub. :-P
Unread 9 Nov 2005, 23:54   #26
The_Fish
ND

18th, owning?
Unread 9 Nov 2005, 23:56   #27
ArchsteR
lackey

ArchsteR will become famous soon enoughArchsteR will become famous soon enough

....with respect to position 19 ofc. :-D
Unread 10 Nov 2005, 00:24   #28
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

well done guys keep up the good work and we'll see u challenging for 17 real soon i hope

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2005, 21:28   #29
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool

Ey Kargool.... G-II is sexy in an odd twisted funky way....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
Good to see G-II is satisfied with their rank eventhough it ain't in the far top Have a good round dudes and dudettes
You stole my line :|

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2005, 22:46   #30
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking
You stole my line :|
Yes. I was quite tired of producing lines for you to put on forums, so I used it myself this time
Unread 10 Nov 2005, 23:03   #31
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Next up on AD: a livestream of a dropping sack of rice directly from china.

Apart from that congratulations on rank #18 etc

Last edited by Heartless; 10 Nov 2005 at 23:12.
Heartless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2005, 02:10   #32
higginz
||Dude||

higginz will become famous soon enoughhigginz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool

lol TGV were ur old mates (well yeh he must have SOME mates...) from NoS etc that u recruited whilst u were stupidly invited into APA and subsequently killed anyways...

wouldnt call it up and coming alliance tho, G-II deserve credit cos theyve started more from scratch rather than poaching old members into an alliance, then splitting it and taking them with you to TGV....

Congrats G-II, keep it up...
Unread 12 Nov 2005, 02:46   #33
PaLiNDRoMe
I like Red

PaLiNDRoMe is infamous around these partsPaLiNDRoMe is infamous around these partsPaLiNDRoMe is infamous around these parts

I must say, from my old experiences with G-II in r3 and r4, they are kicking it up this round. With only 25 members they're holding their own with an average score placing them as #14 and not far behind from overtaking the higher ranks (comparing average scores).

If the wars between the T10 continue, we might see G-II rise to the top rankings

I'm content with G-II this round, its close to the glory of r3

Keep up the good work, specially our HC and BCs, very well organized!
PaLiNDRoMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2005, 03:00   #34
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by higginz
lol TGV were ur old mates (well yeh he must have SOME mates...) from NoS etc that u recruited whilst u were stupidly invited into APA and subsequently killed anyways...

wouldnt call it up and coming alliance tho, G-II deserve credit cos theyve started more from scratch rather than poaching old members into an alliance, then splitting it and taking them with you to TGV....

Congrats G-II, keep it up...
I find it quite amusing that you keep returning to this issue Dude. But I think its time you put this behind you, and use your energy to something positive instead of keep trying to slander me with lies noone else than yourself really cares about. And you calling your old friends in APA stupid for inviting me just shows how much you really care about the players you just left for an entire round without telling anyone why.

I put alot of effort in NoS when I was there, I put alot of effort in APA when I was there and will keep putting alot of effort into TGV while i am in charge and still in PA. And I let the results speak for itself.

On a sidenote.. There are more ex NoS'ers in G-ii's command than in TGV's..
Unread 12 Nov 2005, 03:13   #35
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by higginz
There's not many NoSsers in TGV. Only a few tbh..
Unread 12 Nov 2005, 15:42   #36
Rust
--==SaX==--

Rust is an unknown quantity at this point

wel done G-II, keep 18th place warm for us we'lll be back for it later on
Unread 12 Nov 2005, 19:06   #37
InitHello
SiN dood

InitHello is on a distinguished road

Nicely done, G-II ... Keep up the good work, and rock on! \m/
r16 SiN
InitHello is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2005, 19:15   #38
The_Fish
ND

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaLiNDRoMe
I must say, from my old experiences with G-II in r3 and r4, they are kicking it up this round. With only 25 members they're holding their own with an average score placing them as #14 and not far behind from overtaking the higher ranks (comparing average scores).

If the wars between the T10 continue, we might see G-II rise to the top rankings

I'm content with G-II this round, its close to the glory of r3

Keep up the good work, specially our HC and BCs, very well organized!
An average score lower than F-Crew, which is a training alliance for noobs. KUTGW G-II!
Unread 13 Nov 2005, 00:32   #39
PaLiNDRoMe
I like Red

PaLiNDRoMe is infamous around these partsPaLiNDRoMe is infamous around these partsPaLiNDRoMe is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
An average score lower than F-Crew, which is a training alliance for noobs. KUTGW G-II!
Uhh...

By tomorrow, it'll be above F-Crews...
_______
PaLiNDRoMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2005, 01:07   #40
tygercub
apathetic

tygercub can only hope to improve

Quote:

I remember very well when ND was extremely n00bish (hello AULD... and even later after G-II split)). It's the second round G-II has been back, cut them a break. Besides, having almost 80 members as opposed to 25 creates quite an advantage. An F-Crew planet can rely on 70+ others for help, G-II can rely on 1/3 less. So I'd say they are holding their own.

Last edited by tygercub; 13 Nov 2005 at 01:14.
tygercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2005, 01:21   #41
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
What do you know... We train the less fortunate aswell. And where the **** is your high horse? i surely cant see you sitting on anything but a pile of shit.

* We do not exist *

Unread 13 Nov 2005, 01:38   #42
The_Fish
ND

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygercub
I remember very well when ND was extremely n00bish (hello AULD... and even later after G-II split)). It's the second round G-II has been back, cut them a break. Besides, having almost 80 members as opposed to 25 creates quite an advantage. An F-Crew planet can rely on 70+ others for help, G-II can rely on 1/3 less. So I'd say they are holding their own.
nice logic, but the alliance should get 1/3 of the incs also.

I don't mind the fact you are performing pretty atrociously for so many PA veterans, but the fact you come onto AD and boast about being 18th and having a shit average score, that I mind. Keep up the effort, but don't come and publicly congratulate yourself should you reach the dizzy heights of the t15.

My horse is where I left it thank you very much.
Unread 13 Nov 2005, 01:40   #43
The_Fish
ND

Quote:
I have to pull you up on that comment also, G-II leaving ND never made ND weaker at all. I think last round and this have proven your skills, in fact the round G-II left ND enjoyed its best ever finish.

Coincidence, I think not.
Unread 13 Nov 2005, 01:44   #44
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Having 80 members rather than 25 isnt an advantage, atleast not an automatic one.

After all is your avg F-Crew member the same as your Avg G-II member, probally not.

I would hazard a guess that your avg G-II member is
- More experiance
- More skilled
- More Active

than an F-Crew member. Also more members means more incoming to cover and if activity per person is lower it could actually mean theres LESS available to cover incoming relativly speaking.

Due to this fact I dont think you can really levy the charge at any alliance in the game that they are doing better because of membership numbers be it F-Crew, 1up or Exil. If you add 50 members to a 25 man alliance they wont suddenly be as good as those they are comparing them with because this changes the factors and infact they would probally become worse as the quaity level would probally have to drop which would then see new problem manifest that reduce any advantage that removing old problems gave you
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2005, 02:07   #45
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

The_Fish, you never had more than an imaginary horse, you work in the dark of your own alliance and is prolly one of the most egocentric players in this game, i congratulate you on that. But when you comment on G-II memberbase and number of veterans, get a ****ing clue or shut up

* We do not exist *

Unread 13 Nov 2005, 02:11   #46
tygercub
apathetic

Quote:
Well done on your amazing achievement, all of us over at NewDawn send our congratulations.

Until my name was mentioned in this thread by Archster, you were supportive. My how the winds of change blow when someone you hate is mentioned... but not even bothering to waste another breath on you.

Last edited by JonnyBGood; 13 Nov 2005 at 02:43.
Unread 13 Nov 2005, 02:20   #47
tygercub
apathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
Having 80 members rather than 25 isnt an advantage, atleast not an automatic one.

After all is your avg F-Crew member the same as your Avg G-II member, probally not.

I would hazard a guess that your avg G-II member is
- More experiance
- More skilled
- More Active

than an F-Crew member. Also more members means more incoming to cover and if activity per person is lower it could actually mean theres LESS available to cover incoming relativly speaking.

Due to this fact I dont think you can really levy the charge at any alliance in the game that they are doing better because of membership numbers be it F-Crew, 1up or Exil. If you add 50 members to a 25 man alliance they wont suddenly be as good as those they are comparing them with because this changes the factors and infact they would probally become worse as the quaity level would probally have to drop which would then see new problem manifest that reduce any advantage that removing old problems gave you

25 members can cover what, 3 gals/waves at most, if you want everyone to keep one slot free for defense. 70 can cover much more, that's clear. If one target is defended against thoroughly, then our chance for growth that day decreases. If one of your targets is defended against thoroughly, big deal, you still have many more people capable of gaining roids at other targets. G-II doesn't.

With more than 70 members, you probably have more dedicated scanners, more timezone distribution, etc.

As for your guess on G-II activity, thanks for the compliments, but we take in unpaid planets new to the game and attempt to teach them. It's not all skilled veterans. Actually, it's hardly that. Granted, we have t100 players, but we also have guys just out of protection.

I'd guess, for argument's sake, ND doesn't take in many new people. I don't know about F-Crew, but ND politiked along the way, in both rounds G-II has returned to play, there have been absolutely no NAPs or alliances. I still say it's not that bad for an alliance that takes in people just out of protection (there have been SEVERAL who had irc access but still were not out of protection)... nor is it a bad alliance when it does everything independently.
Unread 13 Nov 2005, 06:37   #48
selmac
returning to my addiction

selmac has a spectacular aura aboutselmac has a spectacular aura about

Im not one for posting on these forums, but G-II, not every alliance is about wining. I know that F-Crew and Hidden Agenda are all about training people, to learn the game, and to bring fun into it. Sure, I bet you they would love to be able to win, but thats not their aim. As for you having a high average score for 18th position, thats nothing to be proud of. Right now, the [BIG] alliance sits at t20 with 14 ppl and an average of 386k. If Hidden Agenda and Scythe cut there numbers down to 25, im sure their average would be about the same, if not higher.

If you want to boast, go right ahead, but frankly as many ppl have said, 18th rank is nothing, boast when u get in top 10
selmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2005, 06:38   #49
Lilleman
[G-II]

Lilleman is an unknown quantity at this point

Heh, nice to see that we have so much support in the matter that we just moved over SaX.

Rust, we welcome you for a score-fight.

Now, about the avg and stuff.

G-II consist atm of about 50/50 really skilled players with lots of experience, both in PA in general and in alliance work, and of very fresh players that is only days old in PA. The plan for this is simple: We need to grow in order to make something out of G-II, and we will not crawl for players that look down on other just 'cause they're good at choosing target and land on 'em. That's why it's hard to find experienced players, who actually can contribute to our litle community. In addition I see much growing powers in G-II atm. Along with members inches from the 200 cluster that will not have a future in G-II, there are some really gold pieces, that I believe will be our top players. If not the end of this round, but the next. We recruit for the future.

Since we have several planets this small, just consider the ones that have to carry our avg this high after all.

The recruitement race I held on to for a while have now stopped, and the demands for a new recruit have been raised until we have sorted out the new ones that have come, and got the avg up where G-II belongs.

With the new golden pieces in mind, I do not think that a solid t15 place is impossible for G-II this round. I will at least work my ass off for it.
Lilleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2005, 06:55   #50
tygercub
apathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by selmac
Im not one for posting on these forums, but G-II, not every alliance is about wining.
If you want to boast, go right ahead, but frankly as many ppl have said, 18th rank is nothing, boast when u get in top 10

I don't think anyone said anything about winning, selmac.

A member unofficially posted, big deal. It wasn't official, the HC wasn't sitting around bragging. A member was proud of his alliance, woopdie doo. Unfortunately, pride in alliances has generally gone down the tubes in the past 15 rounds with only a select few actually proud enough to stand by their original names and ideologies (kudos ROCK, ND, etc). At least the G-II people, new to the game or not, are actually proud of their community and teamwork. I mean, consider this: being in a top alliance means you have to really rape someone big to get a little bit of excitement... or bash someone bigtime in a fleet catch. Some G-II members get a kick out of moving up a place and seeing their average score creep up. Simplicity. Yet those simplistic people who get pleasure out of the little things in the game are bashed on these forums for being shit players, egocentric assholes, etc.. Unfortunately for many in other alliances, however, the simplicity is lost.

I, personally, am disappointed in our average score... however, I am all for helping new people learn the game... and helping them find that one little thing that brightens their day when they log in... whether that be watching a top planet go undefended while our lil n00b pods sail in for max cap... or whether that be a member excited about a miniscule fluctuation in average score.

The great thing about being G-II is that we can have fun. We don't have to be bothered with coordinating attacks, with arby checks, with externals. It's great to return to the basics, no blocks, no headaches. And it's great to be a close-knit group where you can truly rely on your alliancemates, day in and day out.