User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 2 Nov 2005, 18:27   #1
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
Freebie Spies

Picture this.
Theres a guy who quit PA for a round, but wants to help his alliance anyway. He signs up a freeaccount and gets into a decent gal. This gal cannot exile him before he has been in there for 48 hours, and the free guy can see all incommings on the galstatus. He gives the coords to his alliance, and they setup an attack on the gal. The guy provides info to his alliance, making them able to recall/resend and save loads of ships + get extra roids.

Eventually the galaxy exiles this guy. He unexiles from c200, and gets into another gal. Same story once again. If an alliance has several of theese planets, it would really give them an advantage they shouldnt have.

Especially in the early part of the round, when theres no JGPs, this is very effective. However, its useful all round as it saves scanners res, and is more effective than jgps as its a live update of the galstat, and possibly galchannel etc.

Its not cheating and its easily done.

Sadly, this IS happening. So I went to #support to check if they knew it. There was Storebo already doing the same.

He suggested that the free accounts should not be able to see incomming defence, in order to make this tactic useless.

I think that might just be the solution. At the moment, its really bad for the galaxies who are victims of this exploit/tactic

just curious as to what other think about it, and if there are any other suggeestions of solution.

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2005, 18:32   #2
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Kloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud of
Re: Freebie Spies

I await Forest's severe opposition to the idea.
But in principle it has my support.
Kloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2005, 18:33   #3
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

i agree tbh...i dont want my round messed up by some faggot spying on my galaxy

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2005, 18:54   #4
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Hmm 2 sides to it...

1. It would render the tactic useless.
2. Joe Noob can't def his gal m8s without the means of IRC and ingame mails/forums.
Believe me there are some who ignore common sense.

If I had to choose one I would render the tactic useless.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2005, 18:55   #5
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Even worse there are probily multis doing this tactic
Unread 2 Nov 2005, 19:21   #6
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Virall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to behold

I think that it is an exploitation of the new exiling rules that we dont need. Theyre guaranteed at least 48 hours of targetting info per gal, before theyre moved on to the next target.

A restriction needs to be implemented.
Unread 2 Nov 2005, 19:39   #7
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddies
Hmm 2 sides to it...

1. It would render the tactic useless.
2. Joe Noob can't def his gal m8s without the means of IRC and ingame mails/forums.
Believe me there are some who ignore common sense.

If I had to choose one I would render the tactic useless.
Regarding 2) you're not quite right. The freebie planet could still defend his gal-mates if he saw incoming, he just wouldn't see other accompanying defence.
Unread 2 Nov 2005, 20:09   #8
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Regarding 2) you're not quite right. The freebie planet could still defend his gal-mates if he saw incoming, he just wouldn't see other accompanying defence.
I see they will see the hostile (red) but not the friendlies bar ingal (green)
That would be a good idea
Unread 2 Nov 2005, 20:20   #9
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloopy
I await Forest's severe opposition to the idea.
But in principle it has my support.
Why exactly would I not like this idea?

I think it is a very good idea.

However I won't comment as the alliance(s), using it will again only say 'its not cheating, we dont cheat, its not against the rules' even though it is a direct misuse of the rules, and in my eyes cheating.

Of course, it won't mention them at all.

Lo Crusie.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2005, 20:26   #10
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Kloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud of

But what would stop a paid inactive planet from doing just this? I know some HC are determined enough to make their alliance win the game that they'll pay the £3.33 to get their spy upgraded so he can still get intel.

[Edit: There should probably be a question mark in there somewhere. And apologies ladies, I never thought you'd be doing anything as nasty as spying, hence the sexist remark.]
Kloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2005, 20:52   #11
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

maybe the solution would be private galaxies but that would just be starting a whole new debate.

:edit: im for the idea
Unread 2 Nov 2005, 20:57   #12
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
But what would stop a paid inactive planet from doing just this? I know some HC are determined enough to make their alliance win the game that they'll pay the £3.33 to get their spy upgraded so he can still get intel.
Valid point, one way would be to review the exiling rules agin to seal any "loop holes"
Unread 2 Nov 2005, 20:58   #13
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
They will indeed. But at least they ahve paid for the privelage. Why make it easy for em.
Unread 2 Nov 2005, 20:59   #14
Forest

You could always put something in, that you cant see defence within 72 hours of joining a galaxy or something. Make it 72 hours for paid, and 288 hours for free or something.
Unread 2 Nov 2005, 21:22   #15
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
You could always put something in, that you cant see defence within 72 hours of joining a galaxy or something. Make it 72 hours for paid, and 288 hours for free or something.
how about for the period a planet cannot be exiled for it cannot see incoming defence fleets or which planets are online in the galaxy

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2005, 21:34   #16
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

seems like the easiest solution
Unread 2 Nov 2005, 22:35   #17
SkyHead

SkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
how about for the period a planet cannot be exiled for it cannot see incoming defence fleets or which planets are online in the galaxy
How about u dont wanna send ur ships there, cause it looks ****ing nasty while it could be really good to send?

here goes the ego

"Veni, Vidi, Dormivi" - I came, I saw, I slept.
SkyHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2005, 22:50   #18
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

That's where the communication element between galaxy mates comes in :-)
Unread 2 Nov 2005, 22:51   #19
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Simple solution for the gal now that JGP's are available is to keep your Buddy Pack active and loyal, and then even if someone (paid or otherwise) is spying on you, then it doesn't matter, as long as you can stay active and keep reporting incs.

Of course it's a bitch, but you can still beat them even if you don't know you have them
Unread 2 Nov 2005, 23:16   #20
SkyHead

SkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
That's where the communication element between galaxy mates comes in :-)
My galaxy has atleast 4 more or less new players, and there were times when non of my bp were online, but one of the newer players just pops online and covers someone.
Bloody great, and they deserves the chance as any random account, to def their galaxy without having to deal with highly paranoid players in addition to that.

Give them a chance, there are real randoms aswell, and this would just make a greater distrust between new players\nicks toward the buddypack they have merged with.

"Veni, Vidi, Dormivi" - I came, I saw, I slept.
SkyHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2005, 23:30   #21
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
That would work.

New players will be in protection anyway.
Active exiles will be in contact with gal.
Inactive exiles wont be on to do anything anyway.

And ty to whoevere the anonomous neg repper is, maybe instead of abuse, you could try offering a solution.
Unread 3 Nov 2005, 01:56   #22
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love it if we ditched the anon-rep system, not that it matters to anything but there's idiotic examples like that where you'd just love to know who it was.

I agree with the latter suggestion Kal made too. Sounds like the best solution.
Unread 3 Nov 2005, 03:05   #23
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
I admit, i havent seen it as a serious problem yet, but that might just be my gal .

I'm not a huge fan of preventing free planets unable to see defence fleets, as this means that they are less likely to send defence (as to them it would look like they will be on a suicide mission), and the frequency of IRC et al use amongst free planets is low (and those planets usually get upgraded fairly quickly if they are any good, heh).

However, i dont mind free planet not being able to see defending fleets for the first 72 ticks that they are in protection (as they cant help anyway), and i might go so far to say that their first 48 ticks in a galaxy they are also unable to see defence fleets, but after that they are ok. This means that as soon as a galaxy becomes aware of the spying, they are able to remove the alleged offender immediately. Though, what would the implications of the first 24 ticks be? they would only be in the gal long enough to see one night's incoming - is that still too much?
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2005, 08:56   #24
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of
Talking Re: Freebie Spies

Here is my contribution:

-> Isn't it a good thing to have freebies forced to go IRC? Will let the honest ones see how nice the community is, and might even lead to them paying. So i wouldnt see this as problem only, but also as an advantage.

Second, spies don't only see incoming fleets, they can also see the forums and the overview screen, where most galaxies put their defense information, nicks, location, timezone, etc.

If you REALLY wanted to solve this, then you should also make the forums/overview inaccessible, which in turn would lead to such a stripped planet, that freebies who are honest wont even get the chance to get to like PA.

The other solution might be if Forest declares war on all freebies
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2005, 09:30   #25
bernhard72

bernhard72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy
Second, spies don't only see incoming fleets, they can also see the forums and the overview screen, where most galaxies put their defense information, nicks, location, timezone, etc.
forums and overview are in control of the gal members. if they are afraid of spies, simply don't put vital information there (just refer to irc).

incomings aren't in control of the galaxy, and it's a good idea to hide incoming defence from planets during the non-exile-period.
bernhard72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2005, 14:55   #26
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal

This is the best thing that can be done imo your never gonna be able to stop someone from spying if they really really want to. And you cant do to much to stop it or u will alliante people who are new and just trying to get to grips with the game.

Remember is someone wants to spy on your gal all they gotta do is pretend to be active join irc and then you have no idea who it could be.

Only way to stop it would be for alliances not to implement such underhanded low tactics. Untill that happens the rest of you will have to deal with it.

If you find a spy make sure and report it to your alliance and any NAPed with you that way all their gals can kick the guy out the second hes outta exile protection just before he can see any important info
Unread 4 Nov 2005, 06:48   #27
rasputini
Love monkey

rasputini is an unknown quantity at this point

I would have to say that I have just experienced what it is like to see this tactic used. An ally gal had a planet exile into them yesterday. Long out of protection, they have less than 20 roids, and have made no effort to get more. They were exiled once, then self-exiled into the gal. conveniently, prior to their 48 hours expiring, the gal got incoming. Between 2 and 5 waves per planet, for a total of 49 incoming fleets so far over 6 ticks. Coincidence? I think not. A couple of planets are dist. whores, but clearly were scanned, based on the incoming. Not only is the spy planet an issue, but the simplified scanning for galmates makes it even more deadly. This makes the 48 hour minimum before exiling quite painful.
rasputini is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2005, 11:36   #28
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

just change exiling time to a minimum of 12 hours instead of 48.... as switching 1 50 roid player who never logs in for another 50 roid planet who also never logs in shouldn't take 48 hours
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2005, 17:21   #29
eVil
the lite shine brite

eVil is a splendid one to beholdeVil is a splendid one to beholdeVil is a splendid one to beholdeVil is a splendid one to beholdeVil is a splendid one to beholdeVil is a splendid one to beholdeVil is a splendid one to behold

i aggree with cypher. he make sense in wht he say. it is stopid to exile 1 inactive 4 another 1, shud be 12 hour at most if u aske me
Unread 4 Nov 2005, 21:26   #30
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

As the game is as small as it is, it don't need spies running around gathering intel like that anymore. But it's still a tactic and it's certainly not against the rules, so just let them feel 'useful' and keep doing what they do
Unread 5 Nov 2005, 02:54   #31
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
Perfect solution. You just needed a moment to think eh?

Now get it done before more gals are being assraped by this tactic. Im hearing more and more stories about 4-5 waves per planet... Its really bad this early, as theres no reason to twat any1 this soon.

Retired
Unread 5 Nov 2005, 03:01   #32
OrionIII
Force Adept

OrionIII is an unknown quantity at this point

I have to ring in on this topic, As i have been a victim of this situation already. The planet in question did not talk on the forums except to ask for exile. When we were ready to exile him, we got several waves of incoming. The incoming was almost all between ETA 2 and 4 when he finally exiled HIMSELF! He didnt need to be there anymore, obviously, so he left.

His new galaxy, they expereinced the same exact thing, Thier MoC contacted mine, as I am the GC of my gal, and asked if he had done the same to our galaxy, they described the situation and it was exactly the same.

I must WHOLE HEARTEDLY AGREE WITH KALs SOLUTION! I support that ENTIRELY!
Round 11 - Fusi0n HC / Coven Member / Coven Officer
Round 13 & 14 - Coven Officer
Round 15 - Insomnia
OrionIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2005, 11:35   #33
x-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Takion Champion

x-dANGEr is infamous around these parts

As said before, the fact that gal m8s can scan you whatever distorters you have is still deadly. Maybe a planet can't have that speciality unless it spends 48 hours or if the other planet (scanned one) allows it to. Like every planet can put some coords that can scan it, not all gal m8s and alliance.
x-dANGEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2005, 12:33   #34
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
As the game is as small as it is, it don't need spies running around gathering intel like that anymore. But it's still a tactic and it's certainly not against the rules, so just let them feel 'useful' and keep doing what they do
not against the rules depends how it's done
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2005, 13:37   #35
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

how about the gc can control what the freebees can see? or every planet even? paid or free.
give the bastard some powers
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2005, 17:05   #36
Death666
Im Back :)

Death666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these partsDeath666 is infamous around these parts

I think if free accounts should still be able to see incoming def..just not the cords

RD13 - IRON|APA
RD14 - APA
RD15 - InSomnia|Violent Saints HC
RD19 - Subh|ROCK
RD20 - Insurrection|Solo
RD21 - LOST|Subh
RD22 - Subh DC
RD30 - Redemption
Death666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2005, 17:11   #37
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death666
I think if free accounts should still be able to see incoming def..just not the cords
that doesn't really solve the problem of people getting bashed due to spies though

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2005, 17:16   #38
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
BUSTED!
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2005, 18:03   #39
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotatrix
BUSTED!
I don't even have a planet, so
Unread 5 Nov 2005, 18:04   #40
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

If this is true and happening its really sad.
If an alliance lowers it self to these tactics where does it end ?

I don't approve of these tactics.
And so you will not see LCH do sh*t like that.
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2005, 18:11   #41
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

There are enough alliances who would lower themselves to this imo...

Having the scan ability ingal just makes this even more deadly...

-Jonas-

Retired
Unread 5 Nov 2005, 18:35   #42
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
If this is true and happening its really sad.
If an alliance lowers it self to these tactics where does it end ?
VNC usage
Unread 5 Nov 2005, 18:57   #43
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

At risk of jumping on the bandwagon I find it incredibly interesting that the worlds least newbie friendly alliance are the only ones opposed to any of these ideas.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2005, 19:23   #44
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I don't even have a planet, so
How can I be sure of that ?
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2005, 19:26   #45
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
VNC usage
Really hope your not accusing me of that heartless.

If you are I thought you would have more brains.
#multihunters
Unread 5 Nov 2005, 19:30   #46
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
Really hope your not accusing me of that heartless.

If you are I thought you would have more brains.
I believe he was taking a tongue in cheek dig at eXilition

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2005, 20:02   #47
Ace
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
I believe he was taking a tongue in cheek dig at eXilition

Never knew hearty had humor
#multihunters
Unread 5 Nov 2005, 20:04   #48
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotatrix
How can I be sure of that ?
If you knew me, you would be sure I don't. And if I were playing, I certainly wouldn't play inactive or spying
Unread 5 Nov 2005, 20:23   #49
x-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Takion Champion

x-dANGEr is infamous around these parts

Stop pointing fingers, let's figure some sollution rather than that.

As I said, for the first 72 ticks a free account can't see the incoming fleets or the defending once, unless if one planet allowed it to. Like, every planet can make exceptions to let certain players see their defenders and attackers, same goes for scans.
x-dANGEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2005, 12:48   #50
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

Is it not also the case that alliance members comunicate all incoming defence and attack details to their intel officers in their alliances/

I for one do, as we as members are obliged to copy/paste the status page on a regular basis, to see who is defending who etc, that way once a planet becomes known as belonging to a particular alliance it becomes easy to find others of the same allie

Last edited by Judge; 6 Nov 2005 at 12:49. Reason: Correction of grammer
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote