User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 30 Oct 2005, 13:35   #1
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute
Next round start date

There is a growing majority of PA Players who are University Students and most Universitys have exams from Mid-January to end of January. Would it be possible therefore for the next round to start at the beginning of February? This would also mean that more extensive Beta testing can be done to make sure everything works and would lead to a couple of Speedgame dates for non-University students.
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2005, 13:47   #2
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
Re: Next round start date

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge
There is a growing majority of PA Players who are University Students and most Universitys have exams from Mid-January to end of January. Would it be possible therefore for the next round to start at the beginning of February? This would also mean that more extensive Beta testing can be done to make sure everything works and would lead to a couple of Speedgame dates for non-University students.
we won't really be needing much beta testing for next round... (more info soon honest )

but i'm sure we can be flexible with the start date, and we do have plans for some speed games..

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2005, 13:53   #3
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

lol can we end this round a tad earlier aswell? i might have some exams end of december
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2005, 14:28   #4
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

certainly in the UK, for a-levels and degrees exams tend to be in January or May,June, July

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 30 Oct 2005, 15:01   #5
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

heh my point was. it's silly if you want to try and work around holidays for some people and examtimes for some etc etc etc... other people have them at other times... will you change roundtimes then? No. So all in all it's kinda silly to even look at such times tbh just play when it's planned and if you miss a week or so due to exams.... you'll survive.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2005, 15:43   #6
Kal
Inactive peon

I agree, however I expect we will probably not be starting ticks until early Feb, though i'd expect signups to be open in Jan - note this will not be a normal round

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 30 Oct 2005, 17:24   #7
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Oh? In Norway the exams is usally BEFORE christmas Starting at start of December and going to around the 20th or so..
Unread 30 Oct 2005, 17:50   #8
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
I agree, however I expect we will probably not be starting ticks until early Feb, though i'd expect signups to be open in Jan - note this will not be a normal round
mid-feb please, I got exams first two weeks of february ;p
Unread 30 Oct 2005, 17:51   #9
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

i have mine around mid of february .... cypher is completly right - either you live with it or you dont play. This way it will hurt anyone randomly from time to time and not especially taking care of english habits because thats where the creators get the most information about.

so sorry smudge ;D we will all stay in the same boat

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2005, 18:00   #10
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

What jupp said.
Unread 31 Oct 2005, 17:48   #11
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge
Humpf, i have end-of-semester exams next week. I dont see the round being paused for me!

Its the same issue with the timezones - everywhere in the world is different, and so any considerations made for any one group is at the detriment of other (and/or all other) groups. Also, if you made the game pause for everyone's exams (Mid semester, end of semester *2 per year, then school exams and university entrance exams etc etc) then there will only be a certain level of time that no-one is having exams to actually play in.

Its another Euro Conspiracy!!
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2005, 18:36   #12
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
Humpf, i have end-of-semester exams next week. I dont see the round being paused for me!
BRB, pausing the game :-)
Unread 1 Nov 2005, 10:08   #13
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

\o/
Unread 1 Nov 2005, 12:38   #14
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute

Tbh the round should start as soon as is humanly possible.

If some people would rather sit exams than stick to their tick plans it just shows their not commited enough
Unread 1 Nov 2005, 13:36   #15
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Yeah, im kind of more busy in March than in January
Unread 1 Nov 2005, 14:48   #16
Nadar
I see you!

Now, can the other 2000 players please say what time suits them? Maybe there's an hour or two where no one is busy?
Unread 1 Nov 2005, 15:41   #17
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

Start it when its ready - surely thats the most sensible option.
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2005, 17:54   #18
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyne
Start it when its ready - surely thats the most sensible option.
Christmas day ftw \o/. 7:00 GMT
Unread 1 Nov 2005, 19:08   #19
Kal
Inactive peon

I can confirm that the next round will indeed have a start date, and that it will be before February and that it will greatly interest people.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 2 Nov 2005, 07:12   #20
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
Oh? In Norway the exams is usally BEFORE christmas Starting at start of December and going to around the 20th or so..
same here in the US
15th to the 22nd is exams

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Doorsdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2005, 13:57   #21
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about

Why there's never a round @ holidays i.e Christmas, summer holiday etc.
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2005, 13:57   #22
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
I can confirm that the next round will indeed have a start date, and that it will be before February and that it will greatly interest people.
Free ?
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2005, 14:04   #23
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotatrix
Free ?
anything is possible...

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 2 Nov 2005, 15:04   #24
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

But many things are highly improbable...
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 18:54   #25
Lοki
God of Fire and Mischief

Lοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the rough

Would help attracting new players to the game and achieve your goal of twice as many players... With speedgames you won't get a lot of new players I think... it's already hard enough to get the hang of the game without ticks every 10m.
Lοki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2005, 22:04   #26
Ron7684
Eat My Roids

Ron7684 can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Link
Would help attracting new players to the game and achieve your goal of twice as many players... With speedgames you won't get a lot of new players I think... it's already hard enough to get the hang of the game without ticks every 10m.
10m ?? are you mad?!?! he said anything possible, 30 sec ticks FTW
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 12:44   #27
DIllar
Wannabe Newbie

DIllar has a spectacular aura aboutDIllar has a spectacular aura about

You can't honestly expect to ask the start time to be arranged around people's engagements, just use the vaction mode

ah simple!

Einstein

[Papal Knights]
DIllar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2005, 13:04   #28
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Can we stop the game on the 15 feb for 3 days so i can do some stuff please?

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote