User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 2 Sep 2005, 08:56   #1
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future
Thumbs down A note to Mr. Jolt

Yeah too bad you notice so many problems who makes this moribund game even more close to death...
I had two mates who ( of much more who i helped this round ) signed up recently motivated by some other guys who decided to give a try on PA.

They are brazillians, wich dont used to like to play with non-brazillians and/or on non-brazillian language, and this was specially satisfieing for me to see that these who joined late this round were enjoying the game and the community.
I got them allies to play for and two of them ( since one third got one galmate to upgraded him when he showed interested and active ) were really interested in knowing the full extention of the game this round still, and decided to upgrade their planets when they reached the limit for unpaid accs.
Then they had one problem: Brazillians, together with Romenians and Lituanians cant pay by cc ( due i believe to in case of Brazillians to Ikki and his stolen ccs back in rnd 6-7 when he bought dozens of credits to many ppl ) and then my mates couldn't pay for upgrading their planets. This frustrated them much, specially cos they were losing day by day without growing properly and we werent able to find a solution to that. I went on #support and they gave me a mail to ask for am alternative of how to pay.

Well, i sent the mail and were told me (the real mig i believe) the mail were fowarded to the right department ( tho they said me THAT was the right person to talk to ) and 2 days past ive been waitng for a answer.

Well, nor my friends are unmotivated to play, many days lost truing to pay, and the lack of proper support makes me wonder:

- How Jolt expect people pay for the game if they dont give proper support?
- Don't they want money?? I have 2 people trying to give you money at this time of the round for days.If you don't want to earn money, why the hell dont you make the game free again??

This is bizzness ffs

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2005, 10:42   #2
REacz

REacz is infamous around these partsREacz is infamous around these parts
Re: A note to Mr. Jolt

OMG MR JOLT!!!

Even without your friends money Mr.Jolt still looks rather green... ;D (Hell hes even giving away free cola, omfg!!!)....

Last edited by REacz; 2 Sep 2005 at 11:07.
REacz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2005, 11:59   #3
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

the word 'fiasco' springs to mind.
Unread 2 Sep 2005, 12:22   #4
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon Jolt actually forgets Planetarion exists sometimes.

Like every so often you find some money in a jacket you left somewere thats what planetarion is like for Jolt something they forget about and suddenly money appears and they say "oooh bonus forgot about that" then 3 months down the track same thing

And if anyone gets paid for doing planetarion its probs a lil bit of money that they look at on there lil bank statements and think "hmmm keep meaning to ask what that lil thing is coming out every month, Pah I will ask later on its only a few pennys cant be that important".

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2005, 14:56   #5
biffy
Jolt PA Liaison

biffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the rough

Some areas are restricted from purchasing credits due to the significant number of fraudulent transactions that arise there. It's simply not cost effective to accept transactions when a good deal of them turn out to be ones that we'll never receive any money from and will in fact lose money having to deal with banks etc.

That said with regards to this particular issue I received the email from Mig and sent it on to the person at Jolt who handles the payment processing for all Jolt transactions (PA, clan servers, corporate etc) enquiring as to whether or not Brazil was on the disallowed list. I've not had a reply back yet, as soon as I receive one it will be passed on.

I noticed though the other night when processing some payments in the PA system that there was one from someone that had Brazil as their country code, so perhaps the issue is not with the country itself.
Unread 2 Sep 2005, 15:00   #6
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

People from Brazil have been able to play before. The only country that, to the best of my knowledge, ever gave PA any regular problems with regards to cradit card fraud was Lithuania.
Unread 2 Sep 2005, 15:33   #7
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

2 days doesn't seem that bad to me. Companies are nutoriously slow at responding to e-mails.
Unread 2 Sep 2005, 15:55   #8
Intruder

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffy
Some areas are restricted from purchasing credits due to the significant number of fraudulent transactions that arise there. It's simply not cost effective to accept transactions when a good deal of them turn out to be ones that we'll never receive any money from and will in fact lose money having to deal with banks etc.

That said with regards to this particular issue I received the email from Mig and sent it on to the person at Jolt who handles the payment processing for all Jolt transactions (PA, clan servers, corporate etc) enquiring as to whether or not Brazil was on the disallowed list. I've not had a reply back yet, as soon as I receive one it will be passed on.

I noticed though the other night when processing some payments in the PA system that there was one from someone that had Brazil as their country code, so perhaps the issue is not with the country itself.
It is. I never heard of anyone being able to pay by cc through regualt means, and the chance of one brazilian do such thing without me knowing is quite minimal.

But anyway if any, i still wait for answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
People from Brazil have been able to play before. The only country that, to the best of my knowledge, ever gave PA any regular problems with regards to cradit card fraud was Lithuania.
This is what we get from payment page on preferences:

Sorry, we are currently unable to serve customers in Lithuania, Romania or Brazil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
2 days doesn't seem that bad to me. Companies are nutoriously slow at responding to e-mails.
Since there was a department or person in charge of it, and we are talking about a game when definelly time counts, 2 day is bad stuff. My bet is your oppinion would be different it was you trying to pay one day b4 ticks start.

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Unread 2 Sep 2005, 16:08   #9
Anakyn
Angels Player

Anakyn is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I am one of these freinds of Intruder...

I think Jolt is a big company, and they have some means to find if my credicard is acepetd or not..
Every ACC have to pass to a Member of Staff for liberation., why they dont vinculated the payment of credit card with the Planet. ?
This one maner to vinculated theplanet with payment with the credicard.
Anyway, today the transations with credit cards are online and the credit cards are blocked in a moment of he had stolen. Once they have autorization dont mathers if my credit card were stolem or not I will have to pay.
thanks
P.S.: my english language is not too good.
Anakyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2005, 16:32   #10
electron
electric storm conjurer

electron is on a distinguished road

The issue about Brazilians not being able to pay for an upgrade has been around ever since R12. I personally tried it every round since I got back on the 12th, and everytime I tried, I got redirected to a 403 [permission denied] page. At first I thought it was something browser-related, and tried it with several browsers and OSes [yes, I tried the "expected" Windows + IE too], and it would always fail.

I concluded it was a ban on the entirety of Brazil when, back in R13, I tried it from an american box and it did not show the 403 page, and further, using a British proxy, it'd even display the right page. But at that point I couldn't trust it anymore and never actually completed the process to check whether my CC info would be rejected too.

Either way, it's a shame. As Intruder correctly put it, yes, there are always people like Ikke to force entire groups of innocents to pay for that one's mistakes. But shouldn't there be a way out of it for those really willing to do things right? When it failed for me on R12, I e-mailed the support team about it and got a reply saying the best I could do, was to ask someone else to pay for me. But what if I couldn't manage to? :/
Unread 2 Sep 2005, 18:13   #11
therealmig

therealmig is an unknown quantity at this point

Firstly thanks to Biffy for his reply considering he's supposed to be on holiday!!

After recieving the email, it was forwarded onto Biffy our liason at Jolt and was then sent through to someone at Jolt who deals solely with payment. The issue is being looked at and we will come back to you with an answer, if for any reason yu haven't recieved an answer within 3 working days come back to me Intruder and i will chase it up for you.

As stated previously it is a shame some have to suffer due to previous actions of others in the past.
Unread 2 Sep 2005, 19:35   #12
Billy No Brains

Billy No Brains has a brilliant futureBilly No Brains has a brilliant futureBilly No Brains has a brilliant futureBilly No Brains has a brilliant futureBilly No Brains has a brilliant futureBilly No Brains has a brilliant futureBilly No Brains has a brilliant futureBilly No Brains has a brilliant futureBilly No Brains has a brilliant futureBilly No Brains has a brilliant futureBilly No Brains has a brilliant future

ha ha this is payback time to Brazil for Maradona's hand of god
Unread 2 Sep 2005, 19:55   #13
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy No Brains
ha ha this is payback time to Brazil for Maradona's hand of god
Maradona is from Argentina
Unread 2 Sep 2005, 20:01   #14
Billy No Brains

Billy No Brains has a brilliant futureBilly No Brains has a brilliant futureBilly No Brains has a brilliant futureBilly No Brains has a brilliant futureBilly No Brains has a brilliant futureBilly No Brains has a brilliant futureBilly No Brains has a brilliant futureBilly No Brains has a brilliant futureBilly No Brains has a brilliant futureBilly No Brains has a brilliant futureBilly No Brains has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
Maradona is from Argentina
eh?? well then lets stop Argentines paying then ffs
Unread 2 Sep 2005, 20:46   #15
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Unread 2 Sep 2005, 20:55   #16
Intruder

Quote:
idd this should go right to "accepted" in PA suggestions http://web.onetel.net.uk/%7Ekarmulia.../FIREdevil.gif

Channels:

Unread 5 Sep 2005, 13:23   #17
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

As a good will gesture, PA Team should have upgraded their accounts free for the rest of this round, seeing as there is less than a month to go anyways.
Unread 5 Sep 2005, 23:45   #18
n4m3l355
Mista JZ

n4m3l355 can only hope to improve

pa-team should start poking Jolt in teh eyes. on one side they want this to be a beneficial product but on the other hand they dont expect to take any effort in doing so :/
Unread 6 Sep 2005, 03:12   #19
Lookabunny

Lookabunny is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not Brazilian (I'm American) but I haven't been able to upgrade my account.

I realize now that there is no sense in upgrading so late in the round, but I definitely wanna be able to have a paid account for R15.

I haven't played PA since R2 in 2000, and I'm ready to get involved again, but this is rather frustrating. I've been in #support several times, and I've e-mailed Jolt.

The guys in #support are baffled, and Jolt hasn't replied to me yet.

I really hope I can get this sorted out before the next round
Lookabunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2005, 07:12   #20
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookabunny

I realize now that there is no sense in upgrading so late in the round, but I definitely wanna be able to have a paid account for R15.

I haven't played PA since R2 in 2000, and I'm ready to get involved again, but this is rather frustrating. I've been in #support several times, and I've e-mailed Jolt.

The guys in #support are baffled, and Jolt hasn't replied to me yet.

I really hope I can get this sorted out before the next round
please email me with details of the problem

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2005, 15:57   #21
kaos
peon

kaos is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
please email me with details of the problem
this simply shows what an incredible amount of care this game gets from jolt ...
i still don't get this, these ppl are customers willing to PAY and then you make them write x mails, visit #support y times while still not reaching anything. (most likely because i didn't even get a proper answer from jolt at all, great customer care there ...)
If i would be responsible for this game in ANY way (either at jolt or at pa team) such things would make my alarm bells ring at full scale.
This way you will simply never ever get any more customers
Unread 6 Sep 2005, 16:24   #22
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos
this simply shows what an incredible amount of care this game gets from jolt ...
i still don't get this, these ppl are customers willing to PAY and then you make them write x mails, visit #support y times while still not reaching anything. (most likely because i didn't even get a proper answer from jolt at all, great customer care there ...)
If i would be responsible for this game in ANY way (either at jolt or at pa team) such things would make my alarm bells ring at full scale.
I have allready responded to his queries to the best of my abilities

As to the Brazil thing, thats beyond my and even biffy's control - if jolt as a compnay decide its to expensive to accept payment from certain countries there is very little we can do about it.

An upcoming announcement may interest all of you though, so stay tuned.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 6 Sep 2005, 16:30   #23
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookabunny
Hey mate, tis your GC .

Might it be that you are trying to pay with a Visa Electron, which Jolt does not actually accept even though their website says they do? cf with Visa only.

heh.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2005, 16:40   #24
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal

Free PA for life and as many multi accounts as we can?

Old skool for teh win \o/

Unread 6 Sep 2005, 17:19   #25
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
Its things like this that annoys alot of people, myself partially included. You hint towards something, yet we're not told. Its almost as if we're being treated like kids, being tricked into staying just that little bit longer while an adequate boost of morale is decided upon.

Kal, this isn't anything personal against you, or even jolt. Merely some advice and personal feelings, as I know that you are tied down to not letting too much on to the player base.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2005, 17:36   #26
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
Its things like this that annoys alot of people, myself partially included. You hint towards something, yet we're not told. Its almost as if we're being treated like kids, being tricked into staying just that little bit longer while an adequate boost of morale is decided upon.

Kal, this isn't anything personal against you, or even jolt. Merely some advice and personal feelings, as I know that you are tied down to not letting too much on to the player base.
the announcement is merely going through a proof reading process at the moment, thats why it hasn't been made yet, the decision was made before I went on holiday, I drafted the announcement as soon as I returned, and I could well post it tonight.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 6 Sep 2005, 18:09   #27
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos
I'm sorry, but I don't see how you can make such criticisms. The payment system is Jolt's, so if anything the problem should be getting IRC/Forum representation from people in control of the payment system. I've personally seen people try to guess why this problem in particular is wrong in #support. At the moment only a very few people are paid by Jolt - biffy, who is Jolt's Planetarion representative, pishmishy, who is head of Jolt's technical/security section (and spent some time coding for us over the last few months after Spinner left), and Kloopy, when he gets back from holiday, who is going to be coding part time. After credit/debit card charges and so on, most of the money currently gained by Jolt goes on renting the servers, and their position in the warehouse, and the bandwidth. Part of the problem, perhaps, is that Jolt don't break down costs per game (although they've involved Simtech, owned by some of the people in Jolt, which legally owns Planetarion, and charge Simtech for bandwidth/servers etc).
Anyway, just about everyone you see helping out in the day to day running of Planetarion is a volunteer. Despite that, the vast majority of the support requests are answered within 24 hours, we still search for and close cheaters, and use the reported messages for helping to monitor abuse ingame. We're expanding the support team, and in the near future there should be more multihunters. Wakey is in discussion with Kal about improving the suggestion process, we're talking to biffy about seeing if we can finally get a passport sorted, and Kloopy should hopefully be doing a fair amount of coding in the next few months, so we catch up with the backlog of approved features and bug fixes.
As you can see, we're also discussing with the community the galaxy format that should be used next round, and how the statistics should be changed (with furball and UN leading the way on that latter front).
Unread 6 Sep 2005, 18:59   #28
Kal
Inactive peon

Announcement - http://www.planetarion.com/

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 6 Sep 2005, 19:05   #29
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
we're talking to biffy about seeing if we can finally get a passport sorted
Good god. That was 'amost ready' back in round 10 when i was in PA team. I still dont see the point of it though.
Unread 6 Sep 2005, 21:10   #30
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
Hey mate, tis your GC .

Might it be that you are trying to pay with a Visa Electron, which Jolt does not actually accept even though their website says they do? cf with Visa only.

heh.
Bah, that's the reason I can't pay either with my own cc

Visa Electron ftl
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2005, 22:05   #31
Lookabunny

Quote:
Hey mate, tis your GC .

heh.
I've been asked this before. If it IS a Visa Electron, it doesn't say it anywhere on the card. I'm pretty sure it's just a standard debit visa card.
Unread 7 Sep 2005, 10:23   #32
kaos
peon

kaos is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
I'm sorry, but I don't see how you can make such criticisms. The payment system is Jolt's, so if anything the problem should be getting IRC/Forum representation from people in control of the payment system. I've personally seen people try to guess why this problem in particular is wrong in #support. At the moment only a very few people are paid by Jolt - biffy, who is Jolt's Planetarion representative, pishmishy, who is head of Jolt's technical/security section (and spent some time coding for us over the last few months after Spinner left), and Kloopy, when he gets back from holiday, who is going to be coding part time. After credit/debit card charges and so on, most of the money currently gained by Jolt goes on renting the servers, and their position in the warehouse, and the bandwidth. Part of the problem, perhaps, is that Jolt don't break down costs per game (although they've involved Simtech, owned by some of the people in Jolt, which legally owns Planetarion, and charge Simtech for bandwidth/servers etc).
Anyway, just about everyone you see helping out in the day to day running of Planetarion is a volunteer. Despite that, the vast majority of the support requests are answered within 24 hours, we still search for and close cheaters, and use the reported messages for helping to monitor abuse ingame. We're expanding the support team, and in the near future there should be more multihunters. Wakey is in discussion with Kal about improving the suggestion process, we're talking to biffy about seeing if we can finally get a passport sorted, and Kloopy should hopefully be doing a fair amount of coding in the next few months, so we catch up with the backlog of approved features and bug fixes.
As you can see, we're also discussing with the community the galaxy format that should be used next round, and how the statistics should be changed (with furball and UN leading the way on that latter front).
Why the heck should a paying customers not be allowed to criticize ? We (as the customers) are neither bound to a nda which revokes or right of free speech nor are our minds controlled by some mastermind at jolt/pateam.
And in fact i did not criticize the bugs in the game, lack of coders, lack of community care , how suggestion are handled or anything else regarding that. i did only say, that if I was reponsible in any way for this game (be it voluntary or paid) i would do EVERYTHING to keep every damn customer and get ANYONE interested in this game, keep his interest.
But by being not available for customers who want to pay, but get locked out (for whatever reason), you will
1) really improve the reputation of this game
2) gain a whole lot of customers

and before you start shoting at me again, this is not directed to pateam at all but at jolt, because its in their responsibility to take care about such things and not the job of volunteer members to take care about such thing.
Unread 7 Sep 2005, 10:52   #33
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal

Doesnt change the fact they cant pay for next round......

Unread 7 Sep 2005, 11:01   #34
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
Doesnt change the fact they cant pay for next round......
well it wasn't in responce to this, this decision was made before this thread existed. But I agree with biffy and jolt - if letting brazilians pay would end up costing pa more than it would gain pa, its right to block brazilian credit cards. This is a miority of people, I am sure though that there are people in the community willing to help them, even if we cannot extend the payment systems to include them.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 7 Sep 2005, 11:14   #35
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
well it wasn't in responce to this, this decision was made before this thread existed. But I agree with biffy and jolt - if letting brazilians pay would end up costing pa more than it would gain pa, its right to block brazilian credit cards. This is a miority of people, I am sure though that there are people in the community willing to help them, even if we cannot extend the payment systems to include them.
Even though I am not playing the next round I might have to buy 3 credits for a competition or 2

Unread 7 Sep 2005, 11:32   #36
biffy
Jolt PA Liaison

biffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the rough

I should point out that this issue is not specific to Planetarion, we have restrictions on who we can sell to across the entire network of Jolt services. We're working to make it possible for people from these countries to purchase our products but our CC processor has been concerned about the number of fraudulent transactions which is why we've had to go down this route.
Unread 7 Sep 2005, 11:52   #37
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I think jolt is right to disallow these credit cards. Is it their fault for what one person did? Not at all, and if I were them I'd rather see it not happen again.

The only thing I can suggest until this happens is getting a PayPal account, or begging people for credits. Usually I buy 6 or 9 credits and give them to whoever I feel needs them the most - and usually a fair bunch of them are romanian.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2005, 12:07   #38
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I bought/paid for 7 credits this round. 5 inititally, then 2 upgrades later on. Usually it was for Romanians or people who don't have credit cards.
Unread 7 Sep 2005, 14:15   #39
noah02
The Original Terran

Hmmm I would have to say that the majority of PA is actually sickly addicted to PA when ppl like me and furby and arfy are splashing out for everyone else and I know there are a lot more ppl out there who do to a very lot more.

And ppl say that the players who play PA are killing New players and such are wrong we busy paying for them to and providing Jolt with there coffee money.

Unread 7 Sep 2005, 14:41   #40
hells
Ex F-Crew HC

hells is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Hey mate, tis your GC .

heh.

ive never had any toruble with my visa electron

but neway my thoughts on jolt

i was most displeased when i came back and found that PA had become a small part of a big organisation which probably only pays for Mr Jolts new desk and chair

rd 12 [F-Crew] P30n
rd 13 part 1 [F-Crew] DC
rd 13 part 2 LCH DC
rd 13 part 3 [F-Crew] HC
rd 14 [F-Crew] HC
rd 15 [F-Crew] HC
rd 16 [F-Crew] P30n!
hells is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2005, 15:19   #41
Lookabunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy

The only thing I can suggest until this happens is getting a PayPal accoun
When it comes to time to register for the new round, I'd be more than happy to paypal the money to someone so they could buy me credits.
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 18:53   #42
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
i suppose you wanna ban ppl from northern ireland now as well

mmmmmmmmmmuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Sep 2005, 05:37   #43
Intruder

Just closing discussion, one week later i posted this no answer from Jolt about the issue on my mail. Well, both players were locked on reseaches and mining and that ofc took off their motivation to playing and they become less active, Actually i havent seen them in 2 days on IRC more than one hour.

Nice feeling putting some effort in bringing players into the community and noticing that for that i have to go against even the owners of the game.

They wanted to play to play and this wasnt possible

I was in hope this "Free account upgrade" would unlock researches and i showed the annoucement to them so they at least have the chance to go on this rnd but after one wekk stagnated they arent thta motivated specially after failed support.

Well, tho they seems intend to play next rnd, and we will have as usual to rely on friends to pay for us since we cant pay ourselves. Both of them seems to intend give a try next round besides the disapointment of the game support on this one. Maybe Jolt thinks is better a gamer who will overcome the obstacles they put for play than a gamer who can just join and pay to play

Channels:

Unread 10 Sep 2005, 10:57   #44
Ramihyn
Emperor

Ramihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intruder
Just closing discussion, one week later i posted this no answer from Jolt about the issue on my mail. Well, both players were locked on reseaches and mining and that ofc took off their motivation to playing and they become less active, Actually i havent seen them in 2 days on IRC more than one hour.

Nice feeling putting some effort in bringing players into the community and noticing that for that i have to go against even the owners of the game.

They wanted to play to play and this wasnt possible
Oh come on - while i agree that its not the best situation to be in as a customer or somebody to bring new players to the game, from the replies you should understand the problem Jolt has.

Instead of only moaning - how about organising a way for brazilians to pay?

I am sure you could pull it off if you use ways like Paypal, somebody with a CC from another country and maybe accepting cash by mail. Ofc. you can argue that its Jolt's task to organise this, but it may just well be that they dont think it is worth the trouble for a handful of accounts ... might not be fair but thats life.

Ask for help from other players in the community, organise a way for brasilians to pay and contact Jolt how they think about it and if they would support it "somehow" (even if it only means to point at it as a unofficial unsupported way).

I payed several accounts by CC before i ever had one and i also had to deal with the problem of Money lost during transfer by Mail but even though it gave me trouble, with the help of FS and esp. Spinner back then, it all worked out in the end.

On a related sidenote - i have spend several hours running around and phoning to get a Visa Electron Card two weeks ago. The authentification they do is something which doesnt seem to work in germany with my Visa card - now i am passed on to technicians of the credit card processing company in europe and at the end, there will be a solution - You arent the only one with payment problems and germany isnt even brazil (yet
Ramihyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Sep 2005, 16:04   #45
biffy
Jolt PA Liaison

Just to clarify: we will not be accepting payments from your region for the time being through our normal system. If you / they want to contact me directly - my email is [email protected] - I can arrange to sort out the accounts using paypal but this is not a service we're willing to extend to everyone at this time.
Unread 12 Sep 2005, 16:12   #46
Intruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramihyn
Oh come on - while i agree that its not the best situation to be in as a customer or somebody to bring new players to the game, from the replies you should understand the problem Jolt has.

Instead of only moaning - how about organising a way for brazilians to pay?

I am sure you could pull it off if you use ways like Paypal, somebody with a CC from another country and maybe accepting cash by mail. Ofc. you can argue that its Jolt's task to organise this, but it may just well be that they dont think it is worth the trouble for a handful of accounts ... might not be fair but thats life.

Ask for help from other players in the community, organise a way for brasilians to pay and contact Jolt how they think about it and if they would support it "somehow" (even if it only means to point at it as a unofficial unsupported way).

I payed several accounts by CC before i ever had one and i also had to deal with the problem of Money lost during transfer by Mail but even though it gave me trouble, with the help of FS and esp. Spinner back then, it all worked out in the end.

On a related sidenote - i have spend several hours running around and phoning to get a Visa Electron Card two weeks ago. The authentification they do is something which doesnt seem to work in germany with my Visa card - now i am passed on to technicians of the credit card processing company in europe and at the end, there will be a solution - You arent the only one with payment problems and germany isnt even brazil (yet
We DO have our system to pay for credts for brazillians every round. We pay some foreign friends so the pay for us. But the thing is that we cant do that anytime easily so we do during sign up period. We needed an exception cos this were people who joined late. Any suggestions about how to handle this will be welcome.

Channels:

Unread 13 Sep 2005, 13:21   #47
Ramihyn
Emperor

Ramihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intruder
We DO have our system to pay for credts for brazillians every round. We pay some foreign friends so the pay for us. But the thing is that we cant do that anytime easily so we do during sign up period. We needed an exception cos this were people who joined late. Any suggestions about how to handle this will be welcome.
Well you seem to be quite active in PA and beeing able to use PayPal so it sounds like the only think you need to do is buy a handful of tickets in advance, offer brazilians to buy them via Paypal from you and try to advertise it somewhere. I guess the "optimum" this way would be if the rejection notice from Jolt about not accepting brazilian CC charges is changed to point to a thread explaining how brazilians can buy tickets through paypal from you - together with a note saying that it is a unofficial unsupported way of obtaining tickets.

On a related sidenote, i thought the idea to use eBay for PA ticket auctioning quite interesting - maybe that would be an option too. Auction PA tickets for a fixed price to brazilians only and restock from time to time
Ramihyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2005, 23:43   #48
Hiall

Hiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to behold

Hmm so jolt itself has the same problem? Its not just a Planetarion payment issue?
Hiall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2005, 23:57   #49
Phil^
Insomniac

the pa payment system uses jolts payment system - so essentially yes
Unread 21 Sep 2005, 02:35   #50
Eylisia
Aes Elysium

Eylisia is on a distinguished road

I didn't even bother to see what the hell you were talking about intruder, just happy to see an old school name up in here

Eylisia

A Prayer for the Wild at Heart kept in Cages
Eylisia is offline   Reply With Quote