User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Closed Thread
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 07:32   #1
Mysterio

Mysterio is an unknown quantity at this point
Post [Declined] Ship storage and trading system

Hello everyone!

How about a Galaxy feature to share/trade ships with own galaxy members?
No matter what class or how many, but equal value/qualify of ships among galaxy,
not to others out of that galaxy.

Also a safety Storage to store ships, for each planet?

Are these good enough to start and make up at once?
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 08:01   #2
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Ship storage and trading system

Galaxy fleets have been suggested and tried before and failied which is basically what your asking for so thats a no unless you have a more indepth and differnt approach on the idea that you would like to share

Ship stotage we also pretty much have due to the way prelaunch works and tbh i perfer it this way than a feature where you could easierly move ships to. Prelaunch makes it limited and makes you use a bit of skill to keep the ships safe which i think is better than having it made too easy to hide ships for ever. Now if obly it was better advertised
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 08:50   #3
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

The idea of docking a fleet has been suggested before. ie being able to have your fleet permanently safe (like when it's in prelaunch) and it only becoming unsafe when you tell it to. I quite like this idea. It mainly benefits people that want to go on holiday for a few days and don't mind losing roids if it means they still get resources and lose no ships. After all most people login more often than once every 11 hours so it wouldn't have too big an impact on the game.
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 08:59   #4
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterio
Hello everyone!

How about a Galaxy feature to share/trade ships with own galaxy members?
No matter what class or how many, but equal value/qualify of ships among galaxy,
not to others out of that galaxy.
There's 2 major issues I see with this:
1) If it's between the same race it's kind of boring, if it's between different races, then what is the point in zik stealing? They're no longer the ones able to get other race's ships of every type...

2) How long does this take? I know for one I would be pissed off with the game if I'd got through defence on a target after a dry spell, and then I got owned because they traded fleets, which is basically in-gal def without teh traveltime, and without it appearing on a jgp!
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 15:26   #5
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about

Horrible idea imo, everyone would get superfleets composed of all races taking away any tactical aspect that the races add.
<Zhil> I am HC
<Zhil> I gave myself permission
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Played r4-9.5 r12-14 Now retired.
Proud to have been Cosmic Frostbite (r12 - 22:5 - #1 gal)
Forever [4D] - LCH, ND, Absolute, TFD, DLR
Might and greed will never outweigh honor and loyalty!
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 15:59   #6
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute

TO be honest this feature would lead to a lot of abuse i would think. With buddys just chossing one of them to be top player and the other just supplying ships while under the protection of the bigger planet.

Also storage is very silly. If you cant be on to protect or run your ships then you should lose them. The whole key to this game is about activity if your unwilling to be active then why should u be able to keep your fleets 100% safe. Pre launch keep them sae to a certain degree and even this is to much i beleave.
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 20:12   #7
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe storage via a Carrier Ship which has a stupid amount of armour but it can be destroyed
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 22:36   #8
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge
Maybe storage via a Carrier Ship which has a stupid amount of armour but it can be destroyed
Or not
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 23:01   #9
Ardy
Bored guy.

Ardy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge
Why? May just be me being thick, but I can't think of a single use for that.

HR for 12 rounds and counting.
Unread 12 Aug 2005, 13:00   #10
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Ferretus has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Its an interesting idea as is te carrier ship but this game has always been won by the player with the least life commitments.

Activity is the key to fleet survival and a happy round. Safety storage boxes would be used by noobs for its intended purpose and abused by experienced players to ruin the game.

Trading ships - Not even worth commenting on. Basically we have the choice of abolishing races and having a wide selection of ships (basically what you are suggesting) as well as removing fleet stealing all together. If races were abolished, then fine, but why would anyone use it then?

Please bear in mind that much of what I say is intended to cause discussion. It may not reflect my personal favouritism or even have any involvement with my situation. In short bitching at me is pointless, so discuss the idea :-)
Closed Thread