User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 6 Aug 2005, 01:09   #1
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
Most impressive and most dissapointing alliance so far o_O

Im boored, theres little to do on a friday but sitting @ comp playing PA drinking Beer with current crappy weather(at my place)

So I thought I'd check what people think of current alliance ranks/ achievement so far

The alliance who impressed me the most is ND. All arrows pointing down, and rumours of them not surviving at all, yet they pull an extremely good average and rank, and are currently #2 on average roids Flowers sent to Gate and his crew

Also, 1up have impressed with a quantity of quality

Most dissapointing alliance imo is Hydra. Maybe because I had so high expectations for them, coming here expecting to win etc. Lets hope they improve. Cactus for u o_O

Also, WP have been less noticeable than I had hoped and thought. GL to rabba and crew, hope u get going again.

-Jonas-

Retired

Last edited by Jonas; 6 Aug 2005 at 04:08.
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2005, 01:15   #2
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of
Re: Most impressive and most dissapointing alliance so far o_O

Impressive: Insomnia
Dissapointing: Hydra

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
TheRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2005, 01:24   #3
Ardy
Bored guy.

Ardy is on a distinguished road

Impressive - Insomnia
Disappointing - NoS

HR for 12 rounds and counting.
Ardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2005, 01:25   #4
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

most impressive: Newdawn
most dissapointing: Reunion

thort reunion wud be doing better than they are...

get ur asses in gear :P

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2005, 01:48   #5
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Impressive: Insomnia
Disappointing: [APA]

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2005, 01:51   #6
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Impressive: Insomnia, Reunion, ND
Disappointing: LCH, Hydra, Nos
Unread 6 Aug 2005, 01:57   #7
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Jonas u newb u knew ppl would put insomnia down as impressive, ego massage?

Impressive: Me
Dissapointing: Every1 else
Unread 6 Aug 2005, 02:01   #8
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

The_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to behold

Impressive: ND,F-Crew (yes im biased, so sue me) Insomnia
ND because as was earlier mentioned things looked grim and theyve done a sterling job so far. F-Crew cause im biased as hell but also i think we are doing a good job of staying where we are and keeping that spot. Insomnia just good job well done, nuff said

Dissapointing: HR, NoS,APA
Didnt expect to see either HR or NoS so far down and as much as it galls me to say this thought APA had the quality for top 10 aswell.
<Rocko> so reincarnation is like getting ABSOLUTLEY wankered when u die

[F-Crew] - You known when youve been [FC]ucked
The_Mad_Keg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2005, 03:06   #9
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
The alliance who impressed me the most is ND. All arrows pointing down, and rumours of them not surviving at all, yet they pull an extremely good average and rank, and are currently #2 on average roids Flowers sent to Gate and his crew

-Jonas-
I'm not impressed with ND at all, they are exactly where I figured they'd be this round and eventhough I'm sure Gate is putting alot of efforts into it, ND will be more or less the same lvl/quality/whatever as they were last round (my opinion here).

Insomnia have more or less impressed me, keep up the good work.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2005, 04:37   #10
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm impressed with F-Crew's rank.

Anyone who doesn't like them considering their role in the game is quite honestly objectively wrong
Unread 6 Aug 2005, 04:52   #11
Marinho
[ND]

Marinho is on a distinguished road

Impressive: F-crew

Disappointing: NoS
Unread 6 Aug 2005, 04:55   #12
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Whats impressive with the lowest average in top 15?

No Alki, I was just boored :/

Edit: I do like F-Crew. Just aint impressed o_O

Retired
Unread 6 Aug 2005, 04:59   #13
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Quote:
whatever
Im least impressed with Jonas' attempt to kill my beetle.

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
TheRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2005, 05:03   #14
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRat
Im least impressed with Jonas' attempt to kill my beetle.
Im very impressed by the way you handled ur selfcovered incs <3

TA for quit msg

Retired
Unread 6 Aug 2005, 05:13   #15
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
I'm impressed with F-Crew's rank.

Anyone who doesn't like them considering their role in the game is quite honestly objectively wrong
/me votes F-Crew too* \o/
And it wouldn't be fair to miss out insomnia either. You've not done too bad of a job Jonas & Crew, and you'll do just fine this round!

I'm ever-so-slightly disappointed with LCH, I figured with the extra quality players from Angels that they would be be the ones likely to be top right now. Best of luck guys.
Oh, I also expected NoS to be a little better off. I would have expected them to be knocking on the door of 5th...

*impressed because it looked like they were going to drift out of T10, but they crawled their way back above APA before APA even got smashed over the past few days. Due to their style, it's great to see them doing well!
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2005, 10:07   #16
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Whats impressive with the lowest average in top 15?

No Alki, I was just boored :/

Edit: I do like F-Crew. Just aint impressed o_O
On paper your right theres nothing impressive with the lowest Average Score in the top 15 HOWEVER like people often say that Total Score doesnt show the whole picture neither does Avg Score. After all how many alliance in the last week have given 7 players whom were still in or only just got out of protection and were below 100k, not to mention the others whom we recruited below our avg. Theres not going to be many as most alliances, especially in the top 10 who arent asking for recruits to meet their avg score in the majority of cases. Our avg is dragged down by the fact we believe everyone no matter experiance and score deserves a chance to learn to play this game as long as they show a willingness to learn. You do have to take factors like this into account,

As for my views on whos impressed. Like Kj i'm not really impressed with ND, not because they havent done well so far just that I didnt buy into all the scare stories after all even with all the changes they still had enough quality to hold, a top 10 position. Insominia probally impress me most as I had expected them to drop further down by this point.

As for dissapointing performance, probally NoS, HR and Veneratio. HR do seem to be pulling things together at the moment though and ven will probally start to haul people above them in but arent showing any real signs of it yet
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2005, 11:39   #17
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

F-Crew are impressive. But what the hell happened to HR
Unread 6 Aug 2005, 14:42   #18
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
On paper your right theres nothing impressive with the lowest Average Score in the top 15 HOWEVER like people often say that Total Score doesnt show the whole picture neither does Avg Score. After all how many alliance in the last week have given 7 players whom were still in or only just got out of protection and were below 100k, not to mention the others whom we recruited below our avg. Theres not going to be many as most alliances, especially in the top 10 who arent asking for recruits to meet their avg score in the majority of cases. Our avg is dragged down by the fact we believe everyone no matter experiance and score deserves a chance to learn to play this game as long as they show a willingness to learn. You do have to take factors like this into account,
Which is why I like F-Crew

On the other hand, ive actually taken in latestarters and people coming back from older rounds. No totally new players tho. Not this round.

And 1 of 10 recruits are above our average

But keep up the good work F-Crew

-Jonas-

Retired
Unread 6 Aug 2005, 16:52   #19
Agerus

Agerus can only hope to improve

tbh, this is really hard to say.

some alliances are just fencesitting thus their good average.

I'm impressed by 1up for being #1 and playing really agressive. They also playing very smart with their NAP politics.

On the other side my respect goes to those alliances who risk something to get rank #1 and thus make the game more interesting.
Agerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2005, 16:54   #20
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

i think the Penis-Allianz is doing quite well

\o/

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2005, 17:51   #21
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Agerus, define fencesitting when there are no "real" blocks around? Tbh, everyone's more or less switzerland atm, except for maybe 1up - lch/hydra/insomnia?

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2005, 17:57   #22
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunkelGraf
i think the Penis-Allianz is doing quite well

\o/
\o/
Unread 6 Aug 2005, 20:08   #23
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Insomnia have impressed me, from being a BG in an (at best) mediocre alliance, to have a stunning start to this round.

Hydra have disappointed me, expected their average to be much higher at this stage.
Unread 6 Aug 2005, 23:19   #24
RiXX
pr0nman

RiXX can only hope to improve

Most Impressed by: [F-Crew] - for obvious reasons.
Least impressed by: LCH, who as somebody else said really should be making a proper fight for #1.

r7 - noob | r12 - VsN | r13 - VsN | r14 - NewDawn | r15 - InSomnia | r16 - SiN | r17 - InSomnia
RiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2005, 23:47   #25
madman2k30III

madman2k30III can only hope to improve

impressed- F-crew even though i am a member i still rekon they have done great and i hope we keep it up

Dissapointment- APA- eventhough i wind up the apa guys on irc i respect them and despite there playerbase falling apart i hope they pull themselves together and pose a threat to us lot in f-crew

to me these 2 alliances have stood out the most and i wish them a great round.

good luck guys

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[F-Crew]
You know when you've been [FC]ucked

madman2k30III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2005, 01:00   #26
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXX
Most Impressed by: [F-Crew] - for obvious reasons.
Least impressed by: LCH, who as somebody else said really should be making a proper fight for #1.
LCH never make a proper fight for #1. They enjoy finishing 2nd, I think.
Unread 7 Aug 2005, 01:00   #27
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

I like f-crew. but all of the alliances they are above they have double thier members. Say if there was another alliance with 80+ members and they were ranked around that alliance, i would respect it. technically if they had the same amount of memers as APA, they would be ranked at #14 a small inch in front of APA. I see F-crew members say they are dissapointed in APA. The only thing APA didn't do was mass recruit like F-crew did. F-Crew is not above APA in any other sence besides member count. Yes, F-Crew accepts anyone and helps new people. THIS IS A GREAT THING. But it surely doesn't give your members room to knock on APA, when technically you guys are in the same boat. :|
I am dissapointed in F-Crew, for getting the medium-bighead towards APA, and they actually are no different from them.

I am surprised by ND. smaller memberbase, 3rd best average, and more roids than hydra.
Seems they got rid of the fat that was holding them down and thier core started kicking ass.
GJ
Unread 7 Aug 2005, 01:31   #28
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

most impressive : ND, they have a fantasitic average score, and after all the hassles recently with the SiN/ND merger/demerger, getting screwed over having their coords released they have put up an admirable fight and have put most of the other t10 allies to shame tbh. Imagine how most other allies would perform if some t**t had released their coord list.

honourable mention for f-crew given the job they do for the community a t10 ranking atm is impressive dispite their avg score

least impressive : tbh i dont like to say that alliances have not impressed me but alliances not living upto their full potential imo include reunion, APA, NoS, Ven, VGN. and WP's avg is pretty poor tbh. but then being a summer round a lot of alliances are not playing at the height of their potential, so no hard feelings if your name is here.
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2005, 01:52   #29
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney
least impressive : tbh i dont like to say that alliances have not impressed me but alliances not living upto their full potential imo include reunion, APA, NoS, Ven, VGN.
Just to say that actually, I think we're doing quite well considering. After a dreadful Round 13, we got rid of almost all our dead weight (20-25 members) and have an average score and size exceeding that of Wolfpack, ToF, HR, NoS, Veneratio, and so on.

The only reason that VGN (and Reunion) are so low down in the actual score rankings is because of our lack of members - 44 and 43 respectively.

This round I've been most impressed by Insomnia, who were either going to do very well or very badly. They've done extremely well, and my best wishes to them for the rest of the round. An honourable mention goes to NewDawn who have done rather well despite all their recent troubles.

Disappointing? NoS and Hydra, the latter proving that recruiting good players is only half of what's needed.
Unread 7 Aug 2005, 02:00   #30
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
I like f-crew. but all of the alliances they are above they have double thier members. Say if there was another alliance with 80+ members and they were ranked around that alliance, i would respect it. technically if they had the same amount of memers as APA, they would be ranked at #14 a small inch in front of APA. I see F-crew members say they are dissapointed in APA. The only thing APA didn't do was mass recruit like F-crew did. F-Crew is not above APA in any other sence besides member count. Yes, F-Crew accepts anyone and helps new people. THIS IS A GREAT THING. But it surely doesn't give your members room to knock on APA, when technically you guys are in the same boat. :|
I am dissapointed in F-Crew, for getting the medium-bighead towards APA, and they actually are no different from them.
So you cant be dissapointed of an alliance whom many felt promised so much this round but have failed to really deliver. So I guess you also cant be impressed with anyone who fulfils more than people thought. Well I guess thats case closed and this thread can be removed as its obvious every alliance is at the same level.

APA were an alliance that were about to make it big if we were to believe the hype, and certainly their members on the whole couldnt stop going on about how great they were and the impact they were going to make (along with various put downs towards us) and frankly they havent been able to put their money where their mouth is. That is what makes them dissapointing for many, especially in F-Crew as we were the ones whom probally had to listen to the bold claims the most

As for your same boat comment its a ridiculous notion to suggest that as we have more members it makes us 'worse' than those below us and our acheivements any less. After all your basing it on the fact that our avg would place us lower and that we have 'bought' our ranking with more members. However what your failing to see is that its a two way thing, yes our additional recruits give us more score but it lowers our avg as well. And the saem goes for being restrictive and elitst with recruitment, you get less members and less score but its a boost to your avg score as they exceed a certain level. This means that if we were to decide to bring our numbers inline with the others we would tighten recruitment and start removing the weaker links which would increase out avg and thus change your assumption. And the same goes for those below us if they wanted to increase numbers to catch up they would have to loosen the recruitment requirements hence knocking their avg. So its not as clear cut as your trying to make out. On a side note at this point I could remove the bottom 20-25 players and still have us hold onto 8th place, or if we just wanted to stay top 10 I could make this around 35ish and instantly boost our average upto a level that was was alot more 'respectable'. However as we dont really care what are avg is, or even our rank instead being more intrested in having fun and helping people pick up the game and enjoy it we arent about to start kicking people just to prove a point
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2005, 02:29   #31
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
As for your same boat comment its a ridiculous notion to suggest that as we have more members it makes us 'worse' than those below us and our acheivements any less.
I never implied this so I can't comment on it.

Quote:
After all your basing it on the fact that our avg would place us lower and that we have 'bought' our ranking with more members. However what your failing to see is that its a two way thing, yes our additional recruits give us more score but it lowers our avg as well. And the saem goes for being restrictive and elitst with recruitment, you get less members and less score but its a boost to your avg score as they exceed a certain level. This means that if we were to decide to bring our numbers inline with the others we would tighten recruitment and start removing the weaker links which would increase out avg and thus change your assumption.

The only assumtion I made was that F-Crew is in no position to knock on APA. That can be argued. If F-Crew "cut the fat". i would still make the same assumtion, because I "assume" that thier would be no dramatic increase in your score average. Ironically, you would probably agree with that yourself and its your alliance.

Quote:
However as we dont really care what are avg is, or even our rank instead being more intrested in having fun and helping people pick up the game and enjoy it we arent about to start kicking people just to prove a point
Please get your alliance on the same page as you. If your members would have spoke in this same spirit, my post could not have existed.
Unread 7 Aug 2005, 02:50   #32
Agerus

Agerus can only hope to improve

I can guarentee you almost 100% ND is naped if not allied with 1up...
Agerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2005, 03:49   #33
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agerus
Damn, that makes me wonder why I got roided by them
Unread 7 Aug 2005, 04:11   #34
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
clearly people that aint in the alliance know more than we do.. Could you inform us next time you nap someone for us?

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2005, 04:13   #35
Marinho
[ND]

Marinho is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You really have no clue do you?
Unread 7 Aug 2005, 05:31   #36
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
You've amused me with this.

Have some positive rep.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2005, 05:43   #37
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Guarantee, and almost 100% just don't belong in the same sentence.

But if you can guarantee it, feel free to show everyone the justification and explain why both alliances hit each other's planets in their attacks.

You're clearly a genious, much too smart for everyone else.
Unread 7 Aug 2005, 06:34   #38
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
lol. Does that comment make this thread a humor thread now? he can't honestly believe that can he? =/
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2005, 07:41   #39
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve

Impressed: Reunion, for coming out of nowhere and proving to be a top calibre for a debut round

Impressed: Newdawn - Pre-round experienced a drop of quality memberbase and early round experiencing security and internal issues. They are currently doing great despite of which.

Disapponted: LCH / Insomnia / Hydra - They can't get over and accept that blocking is an old trend toppled with not having the confidence to do good on their own as early as tick 250.
Unread 7 Aug 2005, 09:46   #40
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteInMetz
clearly people that aint in the alliance know more than we do.. Could you inform us next time you nap someone for us?
exactly as you and other pple claim to know more about the politics of other alliances ... plz don't act so surprised when you do exactly the same thing.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2005, 11:33   #41
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

The_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Please get your alliance on the same page as you. If your members would have spoke in this same spirit, my post could not have existed.
The alliance is very much on the same page as Wakey, however several of us, myself included, were fed up of APA's constant put downs before the round and as the round got underway, also the huge milking of the coords leak caused a lack of respect. We are out to have fun and enjoy ourselves which is y such arrogant put-downs and ridiculing statements are a bit hurting.
<Rocko> so reincarnation is like getting ABSOLUTLEY wankered when u die

[F-Crew] - You known when youve been [FC]ucked
The_Mad_Keg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2005, 11:53   #42
madman2k30III

madman2k30III can only hope to improve

Quote:
i agree with keg we are on the same Page as wakey.

we act as 1 unit to train and develop new players but some of the more experianced players also want to prove APA wrong.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[F-Crew]
You know when you've been [FC]ucked

madman2k30III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2005, 13:35   #43
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light

impressed with 1up for shooting up to the top of the rankings and staying there,..
(this'll ensure i'm never able to join 1up) not impressed with syn_sids obviouse "we're not naping or allying, but we'll make planet naps with any planet in a 1up gal" (that's me on the 1up player hater list ).

disapointed with LCH,.. i honestly expected you to be catching and chasing down 1up. but i have faith, you can do it!! but until then, i'm disapointed (that's me on the LCH hate list)

Recently disapointed with Wolfpacks "no ingal deffence to f-crew" policy. But otherwize, i expected them to be third,.. higher and i'll be impressed.

insomnia has been impressive, and if they keep going, they might just well trouble LCH for second at some point,...

oh yeah, and the attacks f-crew have been doing have been AMAZING,.. i'm WELL impressed with them,.. someone should give that man who organises them a medal,.. or just money,... lots of money,....
Unread 7 Aug 2005, 13:40   #44
olle
Newdawn ftw \o/

olle is infamous around these partsolle is infamous around these parts

Impressive: F-Crew
Dissapointing: NoS, VgN, HR...
olle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2005, 13:57   #45
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRat
I can guarantee you 100% that Im gonna negrep you, and that little green dot of yours wont last long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
You've amused me with this.

Have some positive rep.

Heh, yet again 1up fight each other...
Unread 7 Aug 2005, 20:15   #46
Chaos

Chaos will become famous soon enoughChaos will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neferti
F-Crew are impressive. But what the hell happened to HR
Well. basicly:

First we had Insomnia splitting. (not realy that big a problem. as according to our Arby tools. the Insomnia wing wasn't realy doing so well. / But they've done a great job on recruiting ppl for r14 . GJ Jonas )

Then we had Sethmace stepping down as Leader. That made alot of ppl run from something they thought to be a sinking ship. (hence making it a self fullfilling prophecy).

and. Then we had the next Leader ( Conall ) having extreme RL problems. that made it impossible for him to play. This made even more ppl leave. and also put us behind schedule alot. making it look like we where unorganized. getting even more to leave.

and then you throw Summer time ontop of that. voila.. HR not in top10.

We've recruited alot of new ppl and gotten a few to return.
and we're atm. trying to recruit as much good players are we can. and trying to show ppl that we hardly lack Skill/Organization/Tech . only thing we lack atm. is members.

Hope that answered your question.
R7-R11 : HR HC / NoS Head Techie / NoS WC
R12 : Retired <- GF gives ultimatum. PA or Her.
R13 : HR Peon -> BC -> MC (GC of Winning Gal)
R14 : HR HC
R15 : Retired <- GF dumps me cuz of PA.
R16 : HR Peon
R19 : Omen BC
R20-R30 : Retired
R31 : HR Peon

Someone give me a dictionary.
Cuz I don't seem to know what retired means. =/
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2005, 20:53   #47
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by furssie
Disapponted: LCH / Insomnia / Hydra - They can't get over and accept that blocking is an old trend toppled with not having the confidence to do good on their own as early as tick 250.
get real furssie...insomnia is in no block with LCH or Hydra....if we are show me your proof plz as i will be more then happy to shred it

ty

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2005, 21:54   #48
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

Famous Words of gibberish

George W. Bush: "Iraq has nuclear weapons, and we will find them"
George Michael: "I am not Gay"
Agerus: "I can guarentee you almost 100% ND is naped if not allied with 1up..."
Unread 7 Aug 2005, 23:37   #49
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler

What else can i say: "LoL"
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 00:21   #50
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler

How come we've been attacking eachother then all this time I get it, it's a plot to FOOL you guys into thinking we're not NAPed! How inqenious of us
<Zhil> I am HC
<Zhil> I gave myself permission
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Played r4-9.5 r12-14 Now retired.
Proud to have been Cosmic Frostbite (r12 - 22:5 - #1 gal)
Forever [4D] - LCH, ND, Absolute, TFD, DLR
Might and greed will never outweigh honor and loyalty!
Orion Treet is offline   Reply With Quote