User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 25 Jul 2005, 11:39   #1
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Ferretus has a little shameless behaviour in the past
WELL DONE KAL and PA team

I would like to thank the PA team (probably Kal) for being sensible and thinking ahead. Finally some appreciation that we all (in one way or another) plan things around constructions/research etc.

So of course I'm referring to the 24hr delay on the rollback, excellent thinking guys. Yes its a longer delay than what some players are used to, but it lets us all run the daily routine without cockup plus giving us 24hrs notice therefore ensuring the global players are all happy.

WELL DONE ALL

NB: This is my first 'thankyou' post I think ever to pa team, normally they are far more sarcastic or just plain 'rah, you're stoopid'

Please bear in mind that much of what I say is intended to cause discussion. It may not reflect my personal favouritism or even have any involvement with my situation. In short bitching at me is pointless, so discuss the idea :-)
Ferretus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 11:42   #2
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: WELL DONE KAL and PA team

I have seen a few thank you posts tbh there is at least one a round

but yeah its a god idea to kinda just take one point and put it to the next point the next day so TVM.(gonna have to stay up till midnight again to build cnstruction though )

Only thing I didnt understand was kal saying to someone no compensation because there was no fleet recalls and last round we had no compensation when there was fleet recalls so Basically we don't get compensationever

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 11:48   #3
Envious
Ambiguous Anachronism

Envious has a spectacular aura aboutEnvious has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
so Basically we don't get compensationever
And thats exactly how it should be
As any compensation just introduces advantages to one side or another and i cannot see any reason why a compensation should be given for a delay of ticks (thats not really influencing the game actually, mind you!) in the first place.
Envious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 11:50   #4
nooboo

nooboo will become famous soon enoughnooboo will become famous soon enough

heh thx to role back my planet may sease to exist, which might be compensation enough

especially if i get the credit back, its like exiling, but with a total restart :P
nooboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 11:52   #5
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Oh god I thought this was another post about how sucky PA team is etc. THankyou for not being ironic \o/

/me gives Kal flowers

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 14:27   #6
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

wow, a thankyou thread, i was dreading opening thsi thread as I had a horrible feeling the title was scarcastic.

I'm glad I was wrong

We are very sorry about this bug, but its a good thing we found it early in a round before it had the potential to be exploited significantly.

If anyone finds they have no account becuase of this please resignup - if any credits have gone missing as a result please email me

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 14:53   #7
Ferretus
ARS HQ

lol, you know me too well Kal

Please bear in mind that much of what I say is intended to cause discussion. It may not reflect my personal favouritism or even have any involvement with my situation. In short bitching at me is pointless, so discuss the idea :-)
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 16:07   #8
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about

tbh i thought it was sarcastic also because of the capital letters
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 16:12   #9
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I was looking forward to closing a thread .
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 16:23   #10
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

in with the crowd not expecting a genuine thank you thread
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 16:37   #11
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

It's 23 hours actually
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 17:18   #12
Firefreeze

Firefreeze has a spectacular aura aboutFirefreeze has a spectacular aura about

You have my thx as well. I was finally able to sleep a full night last night. Can we have bi-weekly down times?:P
Firefreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 17:25   #13
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

WHAT AM I SPOSED TO DO TODAY

I d want it to restart asap, as I dont got a life.

for the rest, this was prolly the right thing to do.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 18:03   #14
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
WHAT AM I SPOSED TO DO TODAY

I d want it to restart asap, as I dont got a life.

for the rest, this was prolly the right thing to do.
I want it to restart asap also
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 18:20   #15
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Well a thank you thread? wow im amazed i did really think this was an abuse thread. Nice

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 18:40   #16
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

I think it is marvelous

Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 19:35   #17
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

if it was being roll back-ed 3 ticks, since when is 101-3 = 99 ? infact, more like 99 1/2 heh
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 19:42   #18
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefreeze
You have my thx as well. I was finally able to sleep a full night last night. Can we have bi-weekly down times?:P
I actually did laugh out loud at that

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 25 Jul 2005, 21:39   #19
jian_yee
PGLee

jian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to behold

kal, you have my thanks too. I actually think 24 hours is the best choice, even though i am kind of waiting impatiently now for it to start
jian_yee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 23:13   #20
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice

A++ job all in all

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Doorsdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 00:22   #21
Kal
Inactive peon

ticker is started and ready to tick at 00:00

have fun everyone

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 26 Jul 2005, 00:25   #22
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice

yay thank you kal

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Doorsdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2005, 13:30   #23
Ferretus
ARS HQ

yet despite everyone going what a great idea, and me having absolutely nothign to do with the situation I still get neg repped. LOL.

Comment
"because you are, in general, an arse"

Gotta love the PA community!

Unread 28 Jul 2005, 13:41   #24
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

According to your rank you're not only an arse, you're ars HQ!
Unread 28 Jul 2005, 13:50   #25
Ferretus
ARS HQ

LOL. Yeah, Although ARS retired from PA (but not other games) in R12. I guess I should update that