User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 12 Jul 2005, 19:44   #1
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
Odd stats for Xan?

Dunno if this has been mentioned (must have been surely)?

But the Xandathri can build all ships except structure killers without having to tke the trouble of researching CR/BS and building a factory.

As I dont bother with SK's I wont need to follow on with the research/cons
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2005, 20:24   #2
The Master

Re: Odd stats for Xan?

.... is that a blonde observation or what?! whats your point?
Unread 12 Jul 2005, 20:28   #3
Ali
Subh HC

Ali is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the rough

It is an advantage to have 72 ticks and not have to worry about a heavy factory. but it is not a mistake, this was also the case in the private beta's when we had this set of stats once. Just enjoy your absence of heavy factories
Unread 12 Jul 2005, 21:46   #4
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light

/me mutters about xans being to strong,.. then ponders changing to it for the real game
Unread 12 Jul 2005, 21:57   #5
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about

What can zik do against xan fi inc ?
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2005, 22:10   #6
The Master

go check out my race analysis lol... basically nothing
Unread 12 Jul 2005, 22:44   #7
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Master
.... is that a blonde observation or what?! whats your point?

The point was obvious, (at least to everyone else)

but if your that thick let me explain.

IT

Allows

The

Xan

Players

an

Advantage

as

they

can

cover

all

types

of

attackers

without

having

to

build

a

further

phase

of

research

Not to hard is it dimwit ?
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2005, 23:02   #8
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Yes, tbh I'm not adverse to giving them a higher ETA ship but there's very little that I can change to a bigger class now. I'm tempted to drop their armour a bit - I was going to but for some reason I decided against it :/
Unread 12 Jul 2005, 23:31   #9
Dotatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Master
go check out my race analysis lol... basically nothing
My point was pretty sarcastic, i know they dont have a good chance against em
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 06:40   #10
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotatrix
My point was pretty sarcastic, i know they dont have a good chance against em
Thank god something can take down the massive Ziks... .
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 06:50   #11
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
Yes, tbh I'm not adverse to giving them a higher ETA ship but there's very little that I can change to a bigger class now. I'm tempted to drop their armour a bit - I was going to but for some reason I decided against it :/
Xan, armour ??? I'm glad you decided against having them completely naked. OK they can rape the ziks with FI (until ziks have stolen some good anti FI) but they are defenseless against Cath CR. If you want to give Xan a slower ship, make the peacekeeper a CR.
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 08:01   #12
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
If you want to give Xan a slower ship, make the peacekeeper a CR.
But if you do that, then the Peacekeeper isnt targeted by Cathaar CR/BA and thus making the CR fleet far less attractive - sure, ther emight only be 1 tick to get 0 loss defence, but i think you'll find that it wont take many Peacekeepers to force recalls.

tbh, i dont really see the problem. If you look soberly at the Xan's fleet, you'll see that most of the ships that they need are available after the first Ship research - their excellent Fighters and Corvettes. Also, by not requiring a Heavy factory, any SKs that land on a Xan are more likely to kill something useful instead. Also, if it deters the production and use of SKs from at least one race, i'd consider that a good thing.
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 10:13   #13
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

this seams to be an excellent idea to me, serving the dual purpose of extending the charachtaristic of xan being a fast lightly armoured race, reducing the likelyhood of at least one race using sk, and imo further deapens the variation with regard to races.
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 11:21   #14
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light

agreed on the SK front.

Terrens are weak agasint Cath CO,
Caths weak agasint Terren DE early on,.. and possibly later to
Xans weak against,..... errrrmmmmm

Xans strong agasint Terrens and caths and ziks,... thus 1/3 of people have gone for them
1/3 for zik hoping to steal xans, and a few other stuff cus of last round
and 1/3 split between cath and terren, cus we HATE change
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 11:53   #15
berzerker
Professional AlcoFrolic

berzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
Also, by not requiring a Heavy factory, any SKs that land on a Xan are more likely to kill something useful instead.
I always thought that 'something useful' would be a factory, the bigger the better. If your talking amps, a lot of players overdose on these so taking out one or two wont make too much difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
Also, if it deters the production and use of SKs from at least one race, i'd consider that a good thing.
I completely agree
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 12:25   #16
Rocko

what do you think of missing out 1-2 ships for other races too??
Terrens without Crui and Frigs,..?
Cath without BS and DE
Ziks without any ships!!
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 12:35   #17
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

I dont think thats such a good idea. Xan can live without having the two heavier classes of ship, while im not sure the other races could cope so well with their loss.
And besides, removal of these two ships is in charachter with the xan 'hoard fleets' we have all come to know and love/hate.
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 13:34   #18
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by veX
I dont think thats such a good idea. Xan can live without having the two heavier classes of ship, while im not sure the other races could cope so well with their loss.
And besides, removal of these two ships is in charachter with the xan 'hoard fleets' we have all come to know and love/hate.
by this logic also what about removing terrans fi/co and shifting some of these to other classes, i have aways thought of terrans as being big dopy mutha's with loadsa armour/guns, dunno how implementable it would be (how would you balance research etc...) but could be a new aspect to race choices made by players.
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 14:03   #19
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney
by this logic also what about removing terrans fi/co and shifting some of these to other classes, i have aways thought of terrans as being big dopy mutha's with loadsa armour/guns, dunno how implementable it would be (how would you balance research etc...) but could be a new aspect to race choices made by players.

We need some kinda eta 7 defence to send out :/

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 14:05   #20
Rocko

no we dont,.... stuff them!!
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 14:15   #21
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko
no we dont,.... stuff them!!
but i just killed lots of xan ships with my harpys
(there was a peg or 2 in there but still )

Unread 13 Jul 2005, 14:43   #22
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney
The point i was trying to make was that xan can live without their big ships, if the others lose theirs then they may not be able to cope so well.
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 14:47   #23
Dotatrix

Beetles owns xan fi

My 99 beetles helt 802 vsh, 69 pulsar, 70 dagger \o/
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 14:52   #24
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotatrix
Beetles owns xan fi

My 99 beetles helt 802 vsh, 69 pulsar, 70 dagger \o/
BR?
I wanna see that

Unread 13 Jul 2005, 20:00   #25
relik
schmuck

relik is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
BR?
I wanna see that
Look at stats -- one Beetle holds 10 Vsharraks/Pulsars or 6 Daggers
relik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 21:24   #26
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Yes, beetles are pretty.
I think Xan should work fine without cr/bs.
Spiders might need an extra +1 or so damage.
Unread 14 Jul 2005, 05:38   #27
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by berzerker
I always thought that 'something useful' would be a factory, the bigger the better. If your talking amps, a lot of players overdose on these so taking out one or two wont make too much difference.
Well, normally that would be true. But if you kill a Xan's Heavy Factory then all you stop them building are Predators (and Peacekeepers if you make them CR like last round). These ships dont tend to be built often anyway, so its not actually hurting a Xan anywhere near the amount it would hurt a Cath or Terran - now, if it is more likely for another factory to be destroyed as there are 0 Heavy Factories for a Xan, then there is a 50% chance (as opposted to 33%) that you are going to take out a Light factory - which is at the Core of being a Xan and absolutely imperative that they continue to operate. That, to me, sounds like a more valuable 'kill' than a Heavy Factory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko
what do you think of missing out 1-2 ships for other races too??
I did that with the first set of stats that were placed for testing (my stats). I got shouted at so much for so long its was rediculous. 'OMG WHY DONT TERRANS OR ZIKS HAVE CR? THEY HAVE TO HAVE CR!' etc etc etc (obviously, those races didnt need CR at all and tbh would have been better off with an additional destroyer/battleship. but that's all in the past now as we are basing R14's stats on Appocomaster's).

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
We need some kinda eta 7 defence to send out :/
Yep - but there isnt as much need for Terrans to have CR (in particular) or FR/CO (to a lesser extent). Mind you, if you took enough time and careful planning, Terrans could use Frigates as effective defence ships against CR/BA in particular and DE/FR to a lesser extent as they still have a lower enough ETA. ETA 7 def is only useful if you are trying to send anti FI/CO - and it makes sense that not all races should have good anti FI/CO cover (particularly in ETA 7 universe ships).

But overall, i would agree.