User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 12 Jul 2005, 13:03   #51
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: round 14 predictions

1) LCH
2) Angels
3) 1up
4) Hydra
5) WP
6) NoS
7) NewDawn
8) VGN
9) HR
10) Insomnia

with Veneratio, Tides of Fire, Rock and others just outside the top 10.
Unread 12 Jul 2005, 15:38   #52
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I think furball's prediction is reasonable, with some slight changes...

1) Angels (70)
2) LCH (80)
3) 1up (70)
4) Hydra (70)
5) HowlingRain (85)
6) WolfPack (90)
7) Veneratio (85)
8) Vengeance (85)
9) NoS (90)
10) Tides of Fire (90)

This is based on predicted membercounts (in brackets) though. If Insomnia pack a good number, I'd expect to see them 'up there' as well.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2005, 15:47   #53
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

I think you maybe mistaken on hydra gate. who are they going to shipjump to with 70 members once they get the stuffing pummeled out of them?

In all fairness though, they are a decent bunch of players as it stands. Furball's is probably the more realistic... Angels don't seem to have it in them to make a stand, LCH are decent and have a good shot at #1... 1up... Not sure tbh. 3/4 could be a close one.

1) LCH
2) Angels
3) 1up
4) Hydra
5) WP
6) NoS
7) NewDawn
8) HR
9) VGN
10) APA

HR are getting way too little credit ... they aren't half bad. honestly
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2005, 15:59   #54
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly
IFurball's is probably the more realistic... Angels don't seem to have it in them to make a stand
Care to elaborate why exactly Angels don't have it in them to make a stance? If it's just an opinion, fair enough, just interested in the reasoning behind it (I'm not asking you to justify it)

Not that I mind, I never claimed Angels would be candidates for the victory.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2005, 16:13   #55
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Sure... I sent this to you in PM... but I'll write it out here too I guess {neg rep ahoy! }

Let's face it. We saw angels last round pull some decent politics, and come out second. Last round really isn't much of an indiciation for them, as even the decent players of PA can get the stuffing pummelled out of them by hordes of others. {1up, LCH} You guys have shown you have some skill... But you certainly didn't use it well. I mean, NoS of all groups {normally not usually a contender for first. no offense...} was holding third for most of the round using the same tactics?

I think if LCH gets their acts together, I think they can pull it off. That's a personal opinion remember, not a 'god given divine prediction' Angels never really tried for first... or at least never gave the impression of it. Angels seemed more than content to hand it off to exilition and call it a round. I'm not angels or exi, so therefore I really don't know what was goin on 'behind their scenes' so to speak... but... I dunno. Not exactly a stellar performance.

My two cents anyways
Unread 12 Jul 2005, 17:18   #56
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Care to elaborate why exactly Angels don't have it in them to make a stance? If it's just an opinion, fair enough, just interested in the reasoning behind it (I'm not asking you to justify it)

With this is mind, how well do you think you are going to do?
Unread 12 Jul 2005, 17:22   #57
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
With this is mind, how well do you think you are going to do?
I wish I had an answer to that, all I could do is guessing and hoping we improve compared to last round.

FA Gaming community

Unread 12 Jul 2005, 17:34   #58
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

The_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to behold

It would be nice if F-Crew managed top10 this round, and it is possible with the new and improved military side of things. Id personally be happy with a top15 finish and a shedload of random fun if we keep within swearing distance of APA i think we will be up there contending.

As for the top spots with Ex out of the way i think 1up/angels will be the top contenders, possibly a bigger portion of Ex members going to angels than anywhere else? with LCH,WP,NOS heading the rest of the pack for 3rd.
<Rocko> so reincarnation is like getting ABSOLUTLEY wankered when u die

[F-Crew] - You known when youve been [FC]ucked
The_Mad_Keg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2005, 18:21   #59
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

hrm, when i read this it made me think of an interesting question, If Exilition did not play, would Angels have finished #1 instead of #2? It makes you wonder. Maybe he was basing his statement around that. Without the distraction exil made for everyone, what would Angels have done.
Unread 12 Jul 2005, 18:52   #60
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
hrm, when i read this it made me think of an interesting question, If Exilition did not play, would Angels have finished #1 instead of #2? It makes you wonder. Maybe he was basing his statement around that. Without the distraction exil made for everyone, what would Angels have done.
personally this is no offence to angels, but if ex didnt play angels wouldnt of finishe top 10 let alone top 2. In my opinion Angels had an easy ride, as most major allies attention was not on them but instead on exilition et al. Hence why angels werent targetted as much. I feel however Angels this upcoming round as an alliance will be able to take more damage and recover quicker from it, as they are going into there second rnd just as strong as before.
Unread 12 Jul 2005, 22:34   #61
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
{1up, LCH} You guys have shown you have some skill... But you certainly didn't use it well. I mean, NoS of all groups {normally not usually a contender for first. no offense...} was holding third for most of the round using the same tactics?
Wrong. NoS had COMPLETELY different tactics. Why do you think NoS got flamed so much? Their tactics was NAP/Ally everyone who might cause them some grief, no matter what 'side' they were on. NoS also (obviously from the tactics) had completely different goals to 1up and LCH last round. I think using NoS's 'success' (if you want to risk calling it that at this stage) as a way of showing some lack of quality in 1up and LCH is misguided.
Unread 12 Jul 2005, 22:52   #62
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Still sore about that Bashar?
roflmao

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 05:37   #63
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar
Wrong. NoS had COMPLETELY different tactics. Why do you think NoS got flamed so much? Their tactics was NAP/Ally everyone who might cause them some grief, no matter what 'side' they were on. NoS also (obviously from the tactics) had completely different goals to 1up and LCH last round. I think using NoS's 'success' (if you want to risk calling it that at this stage) as a way of showing some lack of quality in 1up and LCH is misguided.
Sorry... I think this was mis-interpreted/read.

Let's rephrase this.

1up got massacred early on. Not once did I say a lack of quality in 1up and lch. The two rounds straight you guys won clearly shows that there is quality in 1up. /me spits out the words you just put in my mouth.

Angels napped a fair amount, including Exilition the whole game, and the LCH block for a while until assumedly they started getting pummelled. *shrugs* I'm not nor do I claim to be an expert on angels activities during the round.

However. Angels literally handed the game to Exilition, and did it with open arms. Differences are present, yep. But not completely different. Napping the top spot to do well? Sounds familiar to some extent doesn't it?

Goals. Who the heck cares? It's the end rankings that matter, not what ideals you had in mind while achieving them. Whether exilitions goal was to roid each planet in the universe once, to flog each other with rubber chickens, or to gain first by nicely manipulating LCH, angels and the like... it really doesn't matter. Exilition won it.

I'm not a fan of NoS's actions last round. I never have been, and I probably never will be.

And bashar, if you really have it out for NoS, let's see a declaration of war against them. Pummel them to the ground this round.
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 09:30   #64
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Angels napped a fair amount, including Exilition the whole game, and the LCH block for a while until assumedly they started getting pummelled. *shrugs* I'm not nor do I claim to be an expert on angels activities during the round.

However. Angels literally handed the game to Exilition, and did it with open arms. Differences are present, yep. But not completely different. Napping the top spot to do well? Sounds familiar to some extent doesn't it?
I'm so tired of hearing the same stuff over and over ... we napped 1 alliance, it was called Exilition and we napped it pre-round, NOT knowing they'd walk their way through the round and win.

We had no other agreements and during the round, we were in a block for the full 3-4 nights. You say you don't claim to know Angels politics, yet you insinuate we deliberatly allied the #1 alliance to boost our personal performance???

Now, you can call us naïve or whatever, but we napped Exi and NEVER had the intention to backstab them. I'm sure alot will disagree with it and would have backstabbed them ... but that's not Angels policy and I think there are only 5-6 pple in PA that decide Angels policy ... you're not one of them

Did we hand the round to them? Maybe ... It's a matter of perspective and goals really.

Let's not forget the SIMPLE fact that Exilition simply was the best alliance that round and deserve the win more then any other alliance. 1up never backstabs its allies, yet they win when their block wins cause they make sure THEY and no other alliance will be the strongest one in their camp.

We took that bet aswell and lost it I guess, apart from that we played a superb round and achieved the goals we set for ourselves at the beginning.

I know we talked alot on IRC, Squidly, but plz base you posts on facts you know are 100% correct.

FA Gaming community

Unread 13 Jul 2005, 09:37   #65
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mad_Keg
As for the top spots with Ex out of the way i think 1up/angels will be the top contenders, possibly a bigger portion of Ex members going to angels than anywhere else? with LCH,WP,NOS heading the rest of the pack for 3rd.
Exactly WHY would you assume most exi will go to Angels?

FA Gaming community

Unread 13 Jul 2005, 09:49   #66
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

I recon it will be a fight between Angels and LCH for teh win. I am not sure if 1up will have good enough Allies to suppor them forward to a win. NoS wont help them, ND is falling like a rock. SiN is gone, and ToF keep hitting their allies (without knowing ofc). Hydra could do good aswell, and I smell some new unidentified new alliances that also can battle into the top 10. It's gonna be a very interesting round. The alliance with the fewest people on vacation will win
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 12:09   #67
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

I'd just like to add that i dont believe ND is "falling like a rock". We have lost some members true and so we will be damaged, but by no means are we anything like a falling rock. For a start were too god damn sexy \o/
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 12:17   #68
themast
Punk

themast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these parts

idd religfree we aint "falling like a rock". Yes our techie side slumped a bit but our member base is solid
Rd6&7 4D (20:8:6) & (20:2:10) Rd14 ND (2:5:4)
Rd8 Did not play Rd15 Did not play
Rd9 4D/SWaRM (13:4:10) Rd16 ND (14:1:6)
Rd9.5 SWaRM (42:7:4) Rd17 ND (13:10:8)
Rd10 SWaRM (21:4:7) Rd18 ND (13:6:8)
Rd10.5 SWaRM (5:5:10) Rd19 ND - HC (1:9:3)
Rd11 ND (32:2:10) Rd36 ND 7:9:7
Rd12 ND (30:10:1)
themast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 12:21   #69
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

But i still dont think that ND is gonna support 1up good enough for 1up to win the round.
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 12:27   #70
themast
Punk

themast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these parts

That is your opinion. I suppose we will just have to wait and see what happens. Wont we?
Rd6&7 4D (20:8:6) & (20:2:10) Rd14 ND (2:5:4)
Rd8 Did not play Rd15 Did not play
Rd9 4D/SWaRM (13:4:10) Rd16 ND (14:1:6)
Rd9.5 SWaRM (42:7:4) Rd17 ND (13:10:8)
Rd10 SWaRM (21:4:7) Rd18 ND (13:6:8)
Rd10.5 SWaRM (5:5:10) Rd19 ND - HC (1:9:3)
Rd11 ND (32:2:10) Rd36 ND 7:9:7
Rd12 ND (30:10:1)
themast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 12:43   #71
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by themast
That is your opinion. I suppose we will just have to wait and see what happens. Wont we?
So from the above seires of responses we can deduce that you are in fact going to be supporting 1up again this round, in one form or another?
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 12:52   #72
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Neither themast or ReligFree are ND HC, so do not take what they say to be ND policy.

As of now, NewDawn have no political commitments or agreements whatsoever, nor do we have any plans to 'support', or ally with, anyone. We still have a great group of players that I'm proud to play with, but we're obviously nowhere near our previous capabilities; so we almost definitely* won't be playing a big part in the round in any way.

*'almost' is added incase we somehow recruit the best players from every single alliance in the game, including all their officers, and get a new leet techie. I fully expect that this won't happen, though quantum phenomena does allow for some cool stuff... :/
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 12:59   #73
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

I take it back then

Tbh I think a lot of alliances won't be up to their full capabilities this round. Just looking around on IRC confirms a drop in numbers in my alliance, and i know a good peeps that left last round. I know theres always a lull in numbers before the new round, but i dont think ive seen it this bad before.
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 13:03   #74
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veX
I take it back then

Tbh I think a lot of alliances won't be up to their full capabilities this round. Just looking around on IRC confirms a drop in numbers in my alliance, and i know a good peeps that left last round. I know theres always a lull in numbers before the new round, but i dont think ive seen it this bad before.
I think you will find summer rnds always have a drop in players
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 13:53   #75
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Can an ND member PLZ tell me the link between performing well as an alliance and having a techie???

I mean, I've read several ND pple talking about their Techie leaving ... maybe a little hint:

Tech doesn't affect your performance at all. Angels has no techie and never had one yet we managed to perform well.

FA Gaming community

Unread 13 Jul 2005, 14:03   #76
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about

Boys, stop fighting :
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 14:10   #77
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

I think 1up and LCH will do excellent this round.

but I think with it being summer holidays and everything else (even i go on holiday soon) going on we might just see a slightly small round as I dont think there will be many galaxys etc... this round.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 14:48   #78
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
But i still dont think that ND is gonna support 1up good enough for 1up to win the round.

and what exactly gives you the idea that 1up has arranged anything with ND, or needs ND's support to do anything?

it is simply an example of those who have no clue "assuming" something, and you know the old saying.... "to assume is the mother of all f***ups"
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 14:50   #79
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about

Nice old saying idd
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 14:58   #80
Gate
;D!

Quote:
Can an ND member PLZ tell me the link between performing well as an alliance and having a techie???

I mean, I've read several ND pple talking about their Techie leaving ... maybe a little hint:

Tech doesn't affect your performance at all. Angels has no techie and never had one yet we managed to perform well.
I'd say for ND, this is an issue. Our players are generally not as active as those in Angels. Therefore, we need to get stuff done in less time; technology (such as a system to record your defence points, attack points, number of times received defence, to input defence calls so other DCs can take over etc...) can reduce the amount of time spent organising and generally increase efficiency.
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 15:33   #81
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
I'd say for ND, this is an issue. Our players are generally not as active as those in Angels. Therefore, we need to get stuff done in less time; technology (such as a system to record your defence points, attack points, number of times received defence, to input defence calls so other DCs can take over etc...) can reduce the amount of time spent organising and generally increase efficiency.
We keep track of this info aswell ... I just don't see why you'd need a techie for it, all you need is active and disciplined military pple who keep track of this. But I agree that a full authomatic system can be more time efficiënt.
But if you let your performance become dependant on that, then there's something wrong with your policy imo

FA Gaming community

Unread 13 Jul 2005, 15:41   #82
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
and what exactly gives you the idea that 1up has arranged anything with ND, or needs ND's support to do anything?

it is simply an example of those who have no clue "assuming" something, and you know the old saying.... "to assume is the mother of all f***ups"

NewDawn has been known the latest rounds walking hand in hand with 1up. I would be suprised that anything has changed there. The idea about watching 1up fleets hit ND seems strange, except if Angryduck may bear a grudge to NewDawn again ofc.
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 15:42   #83
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light

im afriad not all alliances are as full of such dedicated people as yours Kj,...
some people,.. (gasp) play it for fun, and cant manage 10 hours a day,...
ahh welll
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 15:54   #84
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko
im afriad not all alliances are as full of such dedicated people as yours Kj,...
ahh welll
rofl, now that's a poor reply tbh ...

You think it takes ages when a DC does a call to at the end of the call write down the names of the pple that defended or to alter a simple excell sheet?

FA Gaming community

Unread 13 Jul 2005, 16:08   #85
pig
1up on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko
ahh welll
what you play pa for fun? Shock Horror!
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 16:29   #86
Gate
;D!

Quote:
We keep track of this info aswell ... I just don't see why you'd need a techie for it, all you need is active and disciplined military pple who keep track of this.
Which is the difference between ND and Angels. Our officers are plenty good at the game, and they spend plenty of time helping ND out (h3ll and Flying_so-low for instance, do gargantuan DC shifts in addition to rl stuff), but doing admin like this without bots etc can take time guys don't have. And it's boring too...

ND doesn't demand the time commitments that other alliances do; what we try to achieve is to have a good community, to enjoy the game, and to get the maximum out of what we do have.

Quote:
But I agree that a full authomatic system can be more time efficiënt.
But if you let your performance become dependant on that, then there's something wrong with your policy imo
Considering the resources we have available to us, I think our policy is just fine. However, I've not been solely blaming our lack of impact in the coming round on lack of techie, but on the other members we have lost.

Also, eT was not just a techie, he's an NDer that's just always been there and is a great asset to the community. It feels strange without him.
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 16:45   #87
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
ND doesn't demand the time commitments that other alliances do; what we try to achieve is to have a good community, to enjoy the game, and to get the maximum out of what we do have.
(
I think this goes for every alliance playing PA. I don't know what kinda idea you got about Angels demanding their members to be uber active, but surprise surprise we do play this game to enjoy it and to perform well and improve each round.

btw, I didn't say you blamed your poor performance in the last round on the lack of a techie, I'm just surprised that quite a few ND'ers mentionned something about it and I was merely wondering why you'd put so much value in a techie.

I wasn't asking to justify it

FA Gaming community

Unread 13 Jul 2005, 17:02   #88
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Quote:
Exactly WHY would you assume most exi will go to Angels?
1. active memberbase.
2. You guys allied with them last round.
3. Are you really going to turn away active, decent players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryDuck
My how your tune has changed.

Quote:
NewDawn has been known the latest rounds walking hand in hand with 1up. I would be suprised that anything has changed there. The idea about watching 1up fleets hit ND seems strange, except if Angryduck may bear a grudge to NewDawn again ofc.
k, I'd like to see you verbally have a go at Lch/ToT plz. And Exilition/Angels. You seem to like having a go at ND for having some relations with 1up, so how's about you equalize it a bit. Oh, by the way, have a good go at NoS too. The amount of naps they had that you were a part of in NoS ... that'll be at least a paragraph. {/me whips out the trout of doom }

Quote:
I don't know what kinda idea you got about Angels demanding their members to be uber active, but surprise surprise we do play this game to enjoy it and to perform well and improve each round.
Don't agree with that. Bet you 95% that if someone came up to join angels, but could only be on 2 hours a day... Angels would say no. Again... Not an expert on angels recruiting policy here... But I'm willing to make a guess that you would say "sorry. not accepted"

There are other alliances that would accept that so long as the person was a fun person to be around. Since angels likely would not... you therefore do demand your members to be 'uber active' as you put it
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 17:16   #89
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:

k, I'd like to see you verbally have a go at Lch/ToT plz. And Exilition/Angels. You seem to like having a go at ND for having some relations with 1up, so how's about you equalize it a bit. Oh, by the way, have a good go at NoS too. The amount of naps they had that you were a part of in NoS ... that'll be at least a paragraph. {/me whips out the trout of doom }

Granted, I did think that being napped with alot of the bigger alliances was kinda boring, and after we had "depleted" the smaller alliances for roidfat targets I would loved to have a go at an alliance with more roids. But I still stand by the decision made by NoS's HC about not attacking, yet I thought it was boring.

Verbally have a go at LCH/ToT? If you are referring to the fact that there seem to be uncertainty about ToT playing, I am quite sure that Angels would prefer working with LCH (before stabbing them in the back) than make an unsure deal with 1up.
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 17:22   #90
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Quote:
Snippius Maximus.

Sorry. I should rephrase.

Have a go at LCH and ToT for working together plz.

Have a go at Exilition and Angels for working together.

Have a go at NoS which you were an HC of during the NAP-crazy round.
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 17:46   #91
coffee-
Beoyotch

coffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nice

Quote:
and ToF keep hitting their allies (without knowing ofc).
That was quite certainly mostly just me hitting NoS,
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 18:05   #92
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Sorry. I should rephrase.

Have a go at LCH and ToT for working together plz.

Have a go at Exilition and Angels for working together.

Have a go at NoS which you were an HC of during the NAP-crazy round.

Squidly, I can assure you that I was NOT a NoS HC last round. Again you show your lack of knowledge of NoS's operations. Keep to trouts, that's what you do good.

Im not having a go at 1up or ND just because I tell the truth about them working together, mearly providing facts.
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 18:20   #93
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Mmm... wonder where I got that idea from my bad on the assumptions then =/ You just had that air about you. consider it a complement {and my own silliness. *grins*} Still didn't answer the other two bits though

You had a go at ND/1up, so how about having a go at Lch/ToT, and Angels/Exilition?

Don't want you to appear biased or anything.

*Edit... NoS R13 recruitment thread shows you in charge of recruiting. Adding people into an alliance struck me as an HC thing, but I stand corrected I guess *

Last edited by Squidly; 13 Jul 2005 at 18:35. Reason: My reasoning...
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 18:40   #94
[i2k]Xy
Why so serious?

[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough

Squidly, Why are you bringing NoS into everything you say? We had an agenda last round, in which we stuck with that agenda, get over it. Why are you even posting on these forums? Everything you say is based on assumptions, or things you have heard from others :|

4S

Illuminati
[i2k]Xy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 18:44   #95
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Quote:
Originally Posted by [i2k]Xy
Squidly, Why are you bringing NoS into everything you say? We had an agenda last round, in which we stuck with that agenda, get over it. Why are you even posting on these forums? Everything you say is based on assumptions, or things you have heard from others :|
Well... in all fairness, that was the conversation at hand... and kargool is ex-nos... and nos did produce the more "conversation worthy" performance of R13... Sorry, do I need more reasons? and... err... I was asking kargool why he decided to have a go at ND working with 1up... while not having a go at Lch working with ToT {assumption?} Angels working with exilition {also an assumption clearly} and wow... you're three for three! As I clearly "heard" that NoS napped a great many people.

But this debate doesn't belong on here... I'll talk to kargy and Xy on pm I think

*shuts up* <--- best line of all my posts I think
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 19:25   #96
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:

working with an alliance that has integrity and doesn't screw allies is a concept that may escape you Kargool (with last round as evidence)

working well with an alliance, or not, certainly doesn't mean that you either work with them, or attack them, things are not that black and white. It is also possible to follow the "you stay on your side of the playground, we'll stay on ours" idealism.

I dont "bare" a grudge against anyone. ND was my home for quite some time, why would I have any inclination to attack them (as if my whims were gospel and any alliance I may be a member of would fly my flag and fight who I wanted)

get a grip
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 19:27   #97
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

Quote:
btw, I didn't say you blamed your poor performance in the last round on the lack of a techie, I'm just surprised that quite a few ND'ers mentionned something about it and I was merely wondering why you'd put so much value in a techie.

I wasn't asking to justify it

they mentioned it a few times because that techie had also become a good friend to a lot of the members
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 19:32   #98
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

Quote:
My how your tune has changed.
you may want to elaborate, as I haven't posted a negative word against ND. My post merely reflected the idea that the person who posted what I referred to has absolutely no clue what ND, or 1up has planned politically for round 14

can always attack you though Squids =)

Last edited by aNgRyDuCk; 13 Jul 2005 at 19:44.
aNgRyDuCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 19:51   #99
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
working with an alliance that has integrity and doesn't screw allies is a concept that may escape you Kargool (with last round as evidence)

working well with an alliance, or not, certainly doesn't mean that you either work with them, or attack them, things are not that black and white. It is also possible to follow the "you stay on your side of the playground, we'll stay on ours" idealism.

I dont "bare" a grudge against anyone. ND was my home for quite some time, why would I have any inclination to attack them (as if my whims were gospel and any alliance I may be a member of would fly my flag and fight who I wanted)

get a grip
I see you have been taken through 1up Propaganda school. I will repeat myself until everyone get tired of hearing it. NoS did not do anything last round that we didnt tell NoS planned on doing.

But what I have seen from what you guys did in NewDawn, both with the situation about the napping with a named enemy of NoS and the treatment og gEnEsiS you did last round, I have no problems telling you that last round NewDawn didnt have that grip you claim me to get. Get yourself a grip.

No wonder you left NewDawn.

Last edited by Kargool; 13 Jul 2005 at 19:52. Reason: Added more flaming.
Kargool is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2005, 19:53   #100
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I think ND, considering the HC personnel/command structure has changed, will take a more different approach, regardless of whether there is or isn't an agreement with 1up. It was perfectly fine for an alliance such as NoS for example to have an agreement with 1up, and at the same time go about its business in an entirely different manner.

Alliances can have agreements, but different approaches, ND's HC has changed and therefore it's approach might well change. People seemed to have pinned ND in a box but with the departure of angryduck and new personnel coming in, their approach can certainly change. I think people can see it's obvious that you should never pin your flag on anyone too early, hence no one can say what's going to happen with this new bunch.

As for a techie, they shouldn't be too fussed - ultimately ND BC's will have to find a way to roll out attacks regardless.