User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 8 Jul 2005, 10:24   #1
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about
So... when can we sign up?

topic shows the question..

Anybody in PAteam can tell me ?
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2005, 10:33   #2
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
Re: So... when can we sign up?

Today or tomorrow, signups will be announced at www.planetarion.com as soon as the servers are configured.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2005, 18:07   #3
Dotatrix

Ok, ty
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
Unread 8 Jul 2005, 22:48   #4
The Master

So thats the REAL reason.

If you say you are doing something out of respect then I suppose there is no contesting that... even if the two things are so distantly related that it does seem ridiculous; such as an online gaming sign up and a terrorist bomb.

However, when you use an event as sensitive as that as a cover reason for the REAL reason then its not infact a show of respect - its a show of disrespect. I must say I suspected as such, and I am shocked to find it confirmed. Shame on you PAteam. I'm disgusted.

Last edited by The Master; 8 Jul 2005 at 22:54.
Unread 8 Jul 2005, 22:58   #5
jackle

If the reason for the delay was unjustly called a mark of respect i'd be very disappointed.

but i believe that this was the geniune reason for the delay.

Becase of the setback this can mean there are new difficulties setting up the servers as the planned timetable is changed.

You dont know, so dont go getting offended.
Unread 8 Jul 2005, 23:03   #6
xontas

xontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the rough

what are you on about
most of our team are UK based and we all took a break yesterday

we dont use the death of people as excuse to delay anything
why should we, if we need a delay we will say so
its a show of respect

so thanks for showing me again that some people care more about a online game then the state of the world today!
we on the otherhand feel that the emotions felt by our team and the people playing this game called for a moment of silence (so no signup)

now, i suggest we put it all behind us and have fun next round
xontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2005, 23:03   #7
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Master
So thats the REAL reason.

If you say you are doing something out of respect then I suppose there is no contesting that... even if the two things are so distantly related that it does seem ridiculous; such as an online gaming sign up and a terrorist bomb.

However, when you use an event as sensitive as that as a cover reason for the REAL reason then its not infact a show of respect - its a show of disrespect. I must say I suspected as such, and I am shocked to find it confirmed. Shame on you PAteam. I'm disgusted.

rediculous, get your facts straight
Unread 8 Jul 2005, 23:04   #8
The Master

All I'm saying is it now appears that the origional reason for the delay was they were behind on configuring the servers, and instead of fessing up to that, they found another distantly related but plausible and undeniable reason for the delay and used it to cover up the geniune reason. Which, given the nature of that new cover reason, was very tactless indeed.
Unread 8 Jul 2005, 23:06   #9
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

Quote:
All I'm saying is it now appears that the origional reason for the delay was they were behind on configuring the servers, and instead of fessing up to that, they found another distantly related but plausible and undeniable reason for the delay and used it to cover up the geniune reason. Which, given the nature of that new cover reason, was very tactless indeed.

Shut up foo
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2005, 23:09   #10
xontas

xontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the rough

the master, you are wrong

no-one worked yesterday, so everything got delayed by 1 day
if we did the work of today , yesterday we would have found out that it took a bit more time to set up the server

but your suggestion is very offencive to me and i guess to the whole of PAteam
so thanks for that
Unread 8 Jul 2005, 23:10   #11
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:

you can tell us who killed Kennedy to can't ya genious... get a clue
Unread 8 Jul 2005, 23:16   #12
The Master

I'm ignoring the rest of your comments because they are simply unintelligable.

xontas - somehow I got offended and im not an irrational person by any stretch. I'm sorry for offending you in turn, was not intentional, and im sure the PA team didnt intend to offend anyone either. Apologies for offending you and I expect that to be returned.
Unread 8 Jul 2005, 23:17   #13
xontas

well i didnt offend you so dont hold your breath i guess
Unread 8 Jul 2005, 23:23   #14
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

Quote:
I'm ignoring the rest of your comments because they are simply unintelligable.

xontas - somehow I got offended and im not an irrational person by any stretch. I'm sorry for offending you in turn, was not intentional, and im sure the PA team didnt intend to offend anyone either. Apologies for offending you and I expect that to be returned.

PA team did nothing wrong, you spouted off half assed and made a fool of yourself, why should xontas orr the PA team apologise for your inability to have a clue
Unread 8 Jul 2005, 23:39   #15
The Master

I'm sorry but there is no denying feelings no matter what the origional intentions were. I've talked with xontas now and see I made a mistake. As for you "angryduck" you seem about as stupid as a fish so I wouldnt recommend throwing stones.
Unread 9 Jul 2005, 00:06   #16
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahah

whatever sparky
Unread 9 Jul 2005, 00:31   #17
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light

it's clear to see where the missunderstanding can be made,.. kal's original comment said the servers were the delay, where as yesterday it was said it was out of respect for the incident,..

There's no need to get offencive, and no need for a public brawl,...
but hey, what do i know,....
Unread 9 Jul 2005, 01:00   #18
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
Today or tomorrow, signups will be announced at www.planetarion.com as soon as the servers are configured.
Should they not have been ready by the 7th?

Edit: After reading the other posts/replies, I see my joke was not very fitting, I apologize for that

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2005, 02:49   #19
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by xontas
so thanks for showing me again that some people care more about a online game then the state of the world today!
How many innocent people died during last round of PA (starvation, civil wars, collaterals in bombings, terrorism elsewhere... ). It didn't prevent anyone from playing. As much as i feel for the London victims (dead, injured, traumatized, distraught relatives), it makes me feel uneasy to think that european lives seem somehow more valuable than others.
So yes, an online game is as much a good distraction as any when it comes to try and forget that ugly world outside (even if it's a wargame !). Isn't that what everybody does on a daily basis : trying to escape from reality ?
I have to agree with an above poster, postponing 'sign ups' because of the bombings seemed a bit strange. Opening a special thread on the forums, making an announcement on the portal to express our deepest sympathies to the london people, these are proper shows of respect. Even postponing the game itself (if you believe that people would not have the heart at playing a game)... but signups, come on.
Unread 9 Jul 2005, 03:09   #20
The Master

Well it turns out (something that I was not informed of until after I got upset) that the bombings actually physically made some people unable to attend to their duties with respect to Planetarion and the whole team decided to take the day off. I wish they would properly inform us of these things to avoid misunderstandings, rather than feeding us strange reasons as you say, but hey... life goes on.

Last edited by The Master; 9 Jul 2005 at 03:23.
Unread 9 Jul 2005, 03:11   #21
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
How many innocent people died during last round of PA (starvation, civil wars, collaterals in bombings, terrorism elsewhere... ). It didn't prevent anyone from playing. As much as i feel for the London victims (dead, injured, traumatized, distraught relatives), it makes me feel uneasy to think that european lives seem somehow more valuable than others.
So yes, an online game is as much a good distraction as any when it comes to try and forget that ugly world outside (even if it's a wargame !). Isn't that what everybody does on a daily basis : trying to escape from reality ?
I have to agree with an above poster, postponing 'sign ups' because of the bombings seemed a bit strange. Opening a special thread on the forums, making an announcement on the portal to express our deepest sympathies to the london people, these are proper shows of respect. Even postponing the game itself (if you believe that people would not have the heart at playing a game)... but signups, come on.
You are forgetting that most of PA team ARE UK based, and i would guess that even some live in london, hence like most of europe, they were in shock.

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2005, 03:27   #22
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

ya know, Kal's announcement did say that the start of round 14 wouldn't be affected, so this really isn't a big deal. I'm excited about round 14, and as anxious as anyone to get signed up, however, if the occurances in the world had some effect on anyone who plays this game, or administers the game, then it would be pretty shitty of me, or anyone else to whine about a 1-2 day delay.
Unread 9 Jul 2005, 10:05   #23
Dotatrix

It didn't happen yesterday and today is tomorrow, so u better keep ur promise this time...
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
Unread 9 Jul 2005, 12:51   #24
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: So... when can we sign up?

Quote:
Well it turns out (something that I was not informed of until after I got upset) that the bombings actually physically made some people unable to attend to their duties with respect to Planetarion and the whole team decided to take the day off.
Even if that's the case, your point still kind of stands.

If your staff are unable to report in to work, then you should say that.

You shouldn't say 'We're having a day of official mourning.', and present the suspension of activity for the day as though it's a decision taken purely on the basis of respect for the dead, when in fact your people were incapable of doing anything productive anyway, and you (apparently) decided to tag on the mourning statement as an afterthought.

That's just incredibly bad form.

Last edited by Marilyn Manson; 9 Jul 2005 at 13:00.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2005, 14:11   #25
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

assuming of course that was the primary motivation for delaying signups, which it wasnt.
it was merely an effect of the bombings that none were able to, something found out later.

Plus it was found out even later that even if they were able to make it, the signups would have been delayed anyway
Unread 9 Jul 2005, 14:33   #26
SimbaX
Can't Touch This

SimbaX is an unknown quantity at this point

signups delayed again then?
Unread 9 Jul 2005, 14:54   #27
The Master

I'm still really not fully satisfied with the PA team explanations... in future just be straight with us please and avoid this misunderstanding reoccuring. Water under the bridge this time, but please see your mistake.
Unread 9 Jul 2005, 15:04   #28
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

they were straight imo. just people read far too much into things and were convinced there was a conspiracy theory going on with everything pateam touches, as has been shown, they were wrong.

btw
at your sig
Unread 9 Jul 2005, 15:23   #29
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

who cares to be honest?
Unread 9 Jul 2005, 15:46   #30
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: So... when can we sign up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
assuming of course that was the primary motivation for delaying signups, which it wasnt.
it was merely an effect of the bombings that none were able to, something found out later.
It would have helped if someone had explained this fully at the start of the thread!
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2005, 16:34   #31
The Master

/me fuffles Phil^
hehe, you know I lub ya

not anymore. thanks dick,

Last edited by The Master; 10 Jul 2005 at 02:49.
Unread 9 Jul 2005, 16:51   #32
Ginga
Reassuringly Expensive

Ginga is infamous around these partsGinga is infamous around these partsGinga is infamous around these partsGinga is infamous around these parts

I am so bored ffs, want to signup!
Ginga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2005, 17:28   #33
BlueDemon

BlueDemon is on a distinguished road

I really can't believe what I am reading here.
If the PATeam put sign-ups off for a week because of what happen in London noone could justly blame them. Comon guys stop thinking of yourselfs for a bit and look at the big picture.
Believe it or not there are somethings in life, good and bad, that are more important than your gaming and if you can't see this then I truely feel sorry for you.

And my personal condolences to all in the UK.
Take all the time you need PATeam, I can wait.

Last edited by BlueDemon; 9 Jul 2005 at 18:11.
BlueDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2005, 17:31   #34
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

This is the 2nd time in the last week or so that PA team seem to have got themselves into a whole world of trouble by saying the wrong thing. It would be an idea if you communicated better between yourselves so that everyone knows what and what not to say in public situations. If thats not possible get people to shut up and just have 1 official spokes person that knows what they are talking about and doesnt have an ability to wind people up with great ease. Having 2 PA team members in the same thread saying 2 slightly different things initially does not help the situation.

Angryduck - have you set yourself a challenge to flame as many people as possible on the forums this week? I know you are only trying to live up to your name but please try to give it a rest.
Unread 9 Jul 2005, 18:17   #35
BlueDemon

BlueDemon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
This is the 2nd time in the last week or so that PA team seem to have got themselves into a whole world of trouble by saying the wrong thing. It would be an idea if you communicated better between yourselves so that everyone knows what and what not to say in public situations. If thats not possible get people to shut up and just have 1 official spokes person that knows what they are talking about and doesnt have an ability to wind people up with great ease. Having 2 PA team members in the same thread saying 2 slightly different things initially does not help the situation.
There is always going to be those who whine, no matter who or what is said.
BlueDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2005, 18:59   #36
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDemon
There is always going to be those who whine, no matter who or what is said.
Yes i realise that, especially seeing as i've been in PA team myself. However, when you are in a position of power like that you have to realise that the paying customer listens and reacts to every single word you say whether you mean it as an official statement or not. I'm not particularly bothered if people like the decisions PA team make (i know longer play) but it would be helpful if they made their decisions and the reasons behind them crystal clear so that people can at least try to understand them.

Like i said, this is the 2nd thread this week where a PA team has been misunderstand due to not making themselves very clear. Anyway, i'm sure this will be dealt with internally so i'll not prattle on anymore.

As a wise man once said, sometimes it is better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt .