User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 1 Mar 2006, 07:15   #1
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Paging Leshy to Thread #189997

I'm using Opera 8.51.

Previous to upgrading to this version, everything on this forum worked great. NOw, I get logged out after five/ten/random minutes and making a post will get my CPU load to 100% for about 30seconds as soon as I press Submit.

Every other forum I use works fine, I see no other logouts anywhere else or similar CPU load.

Leshy, HELP ME

Note: I'd use the P&D forum but I'm a mod so I can do whatever the hell I like.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2006, 08:35   #2
Flavius

Flavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Paging Leshy to Thread #189997

reply #1: why don't you pm him
reply #2: posting in a Leshy thread

with that out of the way, my laptop hd recently crashed and I gave Opera and its mail client a go temporarily on my home PC, and I completely changed to it from Firefox+Thunderbird. It's so much snappier!

Thank you Leshy!
Thank you Opera!
Flavius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2006, 09:04   #3
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

[quote=Dead_Meat]I'm using Opera 8.51.

Previous to upgrading to this version, everything on this forum worked great. NOw, I get logged out after five/ten/random minutes and making a post will get my CPU load to 100% for about 30seconds as soon as I press Submit.

Every other forum I use works fine, I see no other logouts anywhere else or similar CPU load.

Leshy, HELP ME

[quote]
Why don't you quit crying and use a search engine you whiny, lazy ****.
Unread 1 Mar 2006, 09:18   #4
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

I previously used the forum fine with Opera 8, now upgraded to 9 and everything is still fine.
Unread 1 Mar 2006, 14:09   #5
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

[quote=s|k][quote=Dead_Meat]I'm using Opera 8.51.

Leshy, HELP ME

Quote:
Why don't you quit crying and use a search engine you whiny, lazy ****.
Because Google doesn't have anything relevant and maybe, just maybe, someone else has the same problem.

Plus, if I can annoy small minded idiots like you, then it's a definite win-win situation in my book.

Unread 1 Mar 2006, 14:17   #6
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I've been using opera 9 (beta) the last few months.

The cookie problem only started after the upgrade here. Other boards (also vb3.5) don't give me this error so I still lean towards blaming Mr.Jim

I don't think I have your cpu load problem though, but I'll watch it as I submit this.

edit after posting : not at all, system idle process remained 90%+ at all times
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2006, 14:25   #7
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Cookie issue seems to get better and worse as time goes along, but it's pretty random.

I shall endeavour to find another way to blame JJ for my CPU load, but it's definitely related to this board somehow.

Weird.

Unread 1 Mar 2006, 14:30   #8
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

maybe it's related to the advertising? I've known the browser freeze when the response from a banner ad site has been slow.

(Opera 9 finally has an adblocker btw so the banner here is gone!)
Unread 1 Mar 2006, 14:53   #9
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Hmm....advertising...

Unread 1 Mar 2006, 14:58   #10
1-X
overtired

hey, you don't think the cookie problem could be anything as retardly simple as ticking the 'remember me' box? :redface:

(I assume you login with 'the wand')
Unread 1 Mar 2006, 15:01   #11
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Looks like it's one of the banner ads in the PA banner (Trapt) that's killing me.

I dunno why it isn;t being cached or whatever, but it is.

As for logging in, 'Remember Me' is on, but that shouldn't relate to the length of time the login is active, surely?

Unread 1 Mar 2006, 15:05   #12
1-X
overtired

I noticed earlier that unlike other boards, my cookie here didn't contain "bbuserid:" and "bbpassword:"

I deleted my old wand login, made a new one, (and made sure 'remember me' was ticked) and now userid and password are there. I'll let you know later if I stay logged in.
Unread 1 Mar 2006, 15:30   #13
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

ah the people of the forums helping eachother

its like a dream come true.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2006, 15:54   #14
1-X
overtired

the 'remember me' tickbox does seem to be the key to this.

(I ticked it before clicking on the wand) and I was still logged in after 45 mins, after closing and reopening the browser, and also after a reboot.

I logged out and back in again, this time leaving 'remember me' unchecked, and I didn't have the user/password in my cookie again, and on closing/reopening I was logged out just like before.
Unread 1 Mar 2006, 16:11   #15
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

What's going on in this here thread then.

For one thing, you could try upgrading to Opera 8.52 or trying out the Opera 9 preview (which has some awesome new features for which I would recommend it anyway), both of which work perfectly fine for me. I've not encountered a similar issue as you have, maybe something has been borked in your installation - if all else fails, try a reinstall and see if that fixes it.

It doesn't seem to be a common problem in Opera at least, as I haven't experienced similar issues or heard complaints about it before.
Unread 1 Mar 2006, 19:07   #16
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
ah the people of the forums helping eachother

its like a dream come true.
You suck.

I guess dreams really don't come true...
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2006, 19:27   #17
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

The new widgets in 9 seem to be quite a cool idea (clocks, weather etc. that can be brought to the top just by pressing F6), and the content-blocker is rather nifty as well.
The current release has a slight problem with displaying emails though, and a few other things, so make sure to read the 'known issues' before you download. Plus, they release new versions every week, which means I have something to look forward to each friday
Unread 3 Mar 2006, 15:30   #18
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMM
The new widgets in 9 seem to be quite a cool idea (clocks, weather etc. that can be brought to the top just by pressing F6), and the content-blocker is rather nifty as well.
I'm personally quite content with the site-specific preferences option. Quite a few sites out there use all kinds of JavaScript to trick popup blockers into thinking that the popups have been requested, and now I can simply tell Opera to never open any popups on those sites at all, without breaking general "Block unwanted popups" behaviour for the rest of the Interweb \o/