User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 13 Sep 2005, 23:06   #1
cubass2
Still ace

cubass2 is a splendid one to beholdcubass2 is a splendid one to beholdcubass2 is a splendid one to beholdcubass2 is a splendid one to beholdcubass2 is a splendid one to beholdcubass2 is a splendid one to beholdcubass2 is a splendid one to behold
Explain the rep situation to me

I started lurking here a few days ago with a view to joining in the jolly proceedings after a suitable reincubationary period. All the usual forum idiosynchrocies are present and correct and contrary to my last, albeit brief study of the GD lineup it seems there's a healthy enough pot of raggle taggle pikey types to keep me interested though the difficult time of being a lazy, jobless drunk.

My question is not to explain how a poster scores points, I can see how that works; I desire to know what kind of person started posting in a different manner after the reputation system came in? Who takes it seriously and who doesn't, who's got the highest score and do the rest of you despise him or do you secretly want to boundary his hampton? And I suppose I'd like to know if it actually serves a purpose, does it keep the stem of bile low enough to not be parsed or is it just a silly new hobby that everyone was so bored you just all adopted as an exciting new toy and now just talk about and adhere to as yet another mindlessly banal custom?
cubass2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2005, 23:12   #2
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Explain the rep situation to me

i've got ****loads and you haven't got any!
Unread 13 Sep 2005, 23:16   #3
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Some people, I forget who start circle-repping (what a term) each other. 1-X has 11595 rep points, yahwe has 11235. I don't think anyone else has over 11,000 and I think there's a fair few gay people here so yeah why not, I think the forums were pretty similar before it. It does get talked about a bit too much though.
Unread 13 Sep 2005, 23:18   #4
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubass2
I desire to know what kind of person started posting in a different manner after the reputation system came in?
Not really sure many changed once the rep system came in, it somehow confirmed beliefs about certain posters, what it may of done is identify whos shit and made them post better.

Quote:
Who takes it seriously and who doesn't,
I dont think anyone really takes it seriously, although it winds people up occasionally

Quote:
who's got the highest score and do the rest of you despise him or do you secretly want to boundary his hampton?
Yahwe, nodrog, Dace and 1-X I would assume...and well no and boundary his hampton?

Quote:
And I suppose I'd like to know if it actually serves a purpose,
only for identifying shit, even that it fails, prime example moi, but tbh it serves no purpose

Quote:
does it keep the stem of bile low enough to not be parsed or is it just a silly new hobby that everyone was so bored you just all adopted as an exciting new toy and now just talk about and adhere to as yet another mindlessly banal custom?
new toy tbh, everyones bored with it, no one reps anymore
Unread 13 Sep 2005, 23:19   #5
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

It stops me posting shit threads. If it weren't for rep I would be linking to every BBC-article published, every single flash cartoon made...ever (at least twice), posting angsty threads about my imaginary/male/12-year old/70-year-old girfriend, supporting/abusing Americans/Europeans/Koen at every given opportunity and generally being a twat.
Unread 13 Sep 2005, 23:22   #6
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Unhappy Re: Explain the rep situation to me

I wanted to circle-jerk, but nobody invited me!

I feel so alone
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2005, 23:47   #7
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
is it just a silly new hobby that everyone was so bored you just all adopted as an exciting new toy and now just talk about and adhere to as yet another mindlessly banal custom?

yup
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 00:53   #8
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

oh and btw I expect you of all people will appreciate this thread

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=187226

especially if you notice the dates.

xxx
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 02:13   #9
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Another one of Yahwe's gimmicks.
s|k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 02:29   #10
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
Another one of Yahwe's gimmicks.
we've been here before ...
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 09:17   #11
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

i started taking more note of the crap posts
this is not benefitial in any way
but at least i can vent my disgust without publicly coming over too much like a mentalist

m
x
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 12:21   #12
cubass2
Still ace

cubass2 is a splendid one to beholdcubass2 is a splendid one to beholdcubass2 is a splendid one to beholdcubass2 is a splendid one to beholdcubass2 is a splendid one to beholdcubass2 is a splendid one to beholdcubass2 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
oh and btw I expect you of all people will appreciate this thread

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=187226

especially if you notice the dates.

xxx
Oddly enough I read that thread last night, unfortunately there's not a single thing I can say about it other than it's quite long and it made people excited about turning up in google.
cubass2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 14:18   #13
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It doesn't really make much difference any more, as everyone has enough green blobs for it to be "lots".

You only notice the people with less than 5. Even those with red blobs are ignored, as everyone realises they're shit.

Might be fun to reset everyone's counter at some point (fun in a family-picnic-with-your-grandparents kind of way ).
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 15:15   #14
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

It doesnt work. I started out having lots of nice red blobs and now they've turned into even more green ones. I mean WHAT THE FUK??
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 15:40   #15
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

I don't take it seriously.
I check the feedback I get - but it doesn't affect how I post.
If people don't like what I write, they can neg rep me, it doesn't bother me, I don't post merely to get positive feedback.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 15:54   #16
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

A lot of people like to neg rep me. You might want to start soon.
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 17:09   #17
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
it's akin to people simply saying "i don't care what others think of me", i personally am yet to meet someone in real life who genuinely doesn't.
Yeah, I guess.

But that'd only be similar if everyone was super-popular, and a few people were super-super-popular in real life.

Noone really pays attention to people's number of blobs now, as they're so small that it's difficult to count them.

I think most people check their rep, to see how people have responded to their posts. I know I do. That's a good thing, it means I can tell when I'm posting crap (which, of course, is a rarity). Not many people care about the points total though, as once it gets beyond 1000 or so, it just enters into "a lot of points" territory.
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 19:01   #18
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I started lurking here a few days ago with a view to joining in the jolly proceedings after a suitable reincubationary period. All the usual forum idiosynchrocies are present and correct and contrary to my last, albeit brief study of the GD lineup it seems there's a healthy enough pot of raggle taggle pikey types to keep me interested though the difficult time of being a lazy, jobless drunk.

My question is not to explain how a poster scores points, I can see how that works; I desire to know what kind of person started posting in a different manner after the reputation system came in? Who takes it seriously and who doesn't, who's got the highest score and do the rest of you despise him or do you secretly want to boundary his hampton? And I suppose I'd like to know if it actually serves a purpose, does it keep the stem of bile low enough to not be parsed or is it just a silly new hobby that everyone was so bored you just all adopted as an exciting new toy and now just talk about and adhere to as yet another mindlessly banal custom?

We all stand round in a circle with our cocks out and a digestive biscuit in the middle. The one who comes last has to eat the biscuit but gets the Green Blobs.

This is why certain people have 11,000+ Pos Rep.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 19:40   #19
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't see any blobs at all, actually.
s|k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 22:35   #20
Minty
Who?

Minty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
We all stand round in a circle with our cocks out and a digestive biscuit in the middle. The one who comes last has to eat the biscuit but gets the Green Blobs.

Or a card through the door to see a Doctor...

<Bobzy> Minty, you have a line for everything
<Queen> MINTY ROCKS
<Ice-Lady> minty is a odd boy
<Game> Minty rocks
<Queen> no minty..cos u rock
<HobbieRogue4> Minty, you stone!
Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 22:47   #21
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima

LIES*

*we use an after-eight mint
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 18:55   #22
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

yeah, the rep system has basically 0 effect on my posting style. it's true that whenever i get neg repped i quit posting for weeks at a time to lick my wounds and sometimes i cut myself a little to take the edge off,

but when i come back it's the same old shit.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote