User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 8 Jun 2005, 04:50   #1
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Who were well all then?

In keeping with Strategy Forum tradition, this thread is where you can post who you were, your ranks, some of your exploits for the round and anything else that comes to fancy .

I'll start .

Unsurprisingly, i was Sovereign of Dark Aurora (7:6:11). up untill a nasty fleetcatch right at the end of the round i was ranked around 150 with 1700ish roids. As a xan, i performed my function as an alliance defence wh0re particularly well with my CO and FR/CR fleets. Considering i often 3 fleet defended, especially during a two week period when i didnt attack at all, i am very pleased with my rank .

I would like to say Thankyou to my galaxy - who on numerous occasions defended me when my alliance fell short.

I would like to thank my alliance, especially some of the BCs, for organising some excellent attacks that meant that i only needed to attack half as often - thus more fleets for defence . I would also like to thank my alliance for providing so many opportunities to defend - truely excellent performance .

I had great fun this round, best one in the last few i reckon.

-Stats-

Value / Score / Rank
3,530,722 / 5,325,562 / 247

Highest ranks (after tick 300):
Score: 147 (5.6 mil)
Value: 100 (4.5 mil)
Roids: 102 (1714)
XP: 447 (w00t! )

Fleet (Prior to ownage)
Vsh: 130 000 Pulsar 10000
Sentinel 10000 Fireblade 5000
Arrowhead 20000 TBT 1000
Bomber 5000 Lancer 1000
Peacekeeper 1000 Dagger 5000
Sabre 500 Predator 1000

Now: same, minus FR/DE/CR .

Right, let the tradition continue! .
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 08:04   #2
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Who were well all then?

I'll post later.
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 08:32   #3
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

As you might know, I was - and am Mohandas Gandhi of Free India (7:1:13).

I went to zik ignoring Forest's instructions pointing out that I am not a good enough player to do so. Conveniently, I was one of the ziks to blow off in value early on, so I spent most of the round on the top value ranks, running out of cath targets in a blink. I worked quite a lot as Hydra BC/Wolfpack FC at the time I spent in Pack, and even if it was a great bunch of people I felt I needed to move on to be able to play a little less active yet succesfull - and it turned out to be a good bet, as I've felt myself quite home at Angels even with Irvine calling me.

It's been a particularily great a round to me, a lot because of a brilliant galaxy (which, with special credit to my two Hydra buddypackers Robban and Shar, saved my rear end a million times when the alliance was unable to) I ended up in. Here's the mandatory statistics, prior to the last night's 15-17 wave incomings (there's more on prelaunch still).

Score: 31,2mil
Value: 28,4mil
Roids: 7870
XP: 47k

Ships (561,120 total)
Harpy 2,577 Phoenix 2,538
Gryphon 882 Drake 1,938
Pegasus 182 Chimera 836
Wyvern 302 Dragon 323
Demeter 103 Leviathan 136
Behemoth 10 Spider 1,759
Beetle 31,477 Viper 442
Tarantula 99 Roach 1,562
Scorpion 242 Guardian 469
Mosquito 3,471 Hornet 181
Vsharrak Fighter 72,864 Daeraith Pulsar 12,131
Lyvidian Sentinel 18,813 Kthal Fireblade 19,116
Culdassa Arrowhead 27,333 Tzen Bolt Thrower 1,248
Andvordian Bomber 1,270 Dagger 7,775
Sabre 1,034 Voracean Predator 5,441
Assassin 15,357 Corsair 107,147
Cutlass 151,274 Cutter 3,621
Buccaneer 26,000 Thief 26,000
Clipper 3,000 Marauder 2,800
Pirate 2,900 Privateer 5,053
Ironclad 1,009 Galleon 405
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 08:47   #4
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

i was: grghsdkjkhsg of sdgkjlhsdklghsdf (3:6:5) (Cat)
(forgive me for any typo's )

signed up in a rush, as i didn't intend playing this round due to a training period for school. Actually did sign up to play a bit as scanner and assist me ally with setting up attacks and scanning the gals (to reduce the load on the active scanners).

Didn't really think of a race to play, I always played cathaar, and they were good for getting my researches done fast (as I signed up a rough 200 ticks late). Once I got the main researches done and started playing my planet a bit i soon noticed that cathaar wasn't what it used to be, but stuck in my old habbits I continued to play with my lacking and way to small CR fleet. After a week of unsuccesfull raids I decided to switch to CO and they brought me the XP I was looking for, at a cost in most cases, but CO were relatively cheap and easy to replace. In the end I had a fun inactive round, playing from work without IRC access, annoying the DC's by sending def to their calls without being able to tell them (who sais you need IRC to play this game ).

Roids: 734 (rank ~500), unbelievably I didn't get incs the last night.
Value: 1mil (rank ~1100)
Score: 3.3 mil (rank ~600)
XP: 38k (rank ~300)

what is left of my fleet after crashing my CO in some max XP target yesterday and losing a decent chunk a few days ago due to ships being caught at base with all fleets out:

Ships (11,505 total)
Spider 1,930 Beetle 6,000
Black Widow 700 Scarab 550
Tarantula 150 Roach 250
Scorpion 150 Mosquito 1,700
Hornet 75

[edit]ranks & some typo's[/edit]

Last edited by Wandows; 8 Jun 2005 at 08:59.
Wandows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 12:11   #5
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

DJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the rough

Not that i post on these forums, but i do idle in #strategy so here we go:
Teacher (of) Drowning Children (2:6:4)

Size: 924 (ranks - uni: 415 Cath: 49)
Value: 1,958,739 (ranks - uni: 542 Cath: 52)
Score: 3,160,359 (ranks - uni: 675 Cath: 121)
XP: 20,027 (ranks - uni: 745 Cath: 198)

Ships (22,633 total)
Beetle 15,000 Viper 1,000
Black Widow 1,000 Scarab 600
Tarantula 400 Roach 500
Scorpion 300 Mosquito 3,700
Hornet 133
(plus 200 scorpion in production)

sandman stats:
Highest Position: 219 in PT159 Ticks Roiding: 35 XP per Roid: 7.21 Exiles: 1
Lowest Position: 1,317 in PT13 Ticks Roided: 22 Idle: 0 ticks Ratio: 4.72

I played cath the traditional way, ie not XPwhoring for most of the round, although i did have a few XP hits; ships for roids.
A decent start topped at ~300 rank before the "bash the cath" started and the slow decline down the ranks began.
From then on it was just a case of get as many roids as possible as ill just lose them in the morning. one particular day really hurt: 78% roid lose
After that i was a case of just build CO/CR and hope that my galaxy can cover anything that i cant.
Towards the end of the round i went through many days of not being able to land, infact i virtually gave up until last week.
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 13:45   #6
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I was Outstanding Citizen of Flaming Ball of Ice (1:4:19).

A new planet/ruler name, for once

You are: Outstanding Citizen (1:4:19)
Size: 941 rank 407 cath 45
Value: 1,511,073 rank 766 cath 114
Score: 3,881,193 rank 486 cath 78
XP: 39,502 rank 286 cath 64

Code:
Fleet:
Ships (19,718  total)
Beetle      16,111   Viper	44
Black Widow 419	     Scarab	298
Roach	    1,176    Scorpion	30
Mosquito    1,500    Hornet	123
Termite	    17

Asteroids (941 total)
Metal	Crystal	Eonium
316	316	309
I had 1600 Roaches and 150 Hornet until landing for an XP boost a few days ago. I spent most of this round with a Roach/Hornet only fleet, having promised myself that I'd never build Tarantulas. And I stuck to it all the way through. Sure, I didn't land as often due to Corsairs, but I retained my dignity More recently I tried out a CO fleet, and you can see my large number of beetles there.

Like any Cath, I've been a fun target for other races, and that's why my peak number of roids - around the 1.5k mark - didn't last long. My fleet's suicided on more occasions than I would have liked - but it happens. As the round went on, I found it harder and harder to land, until recently when overall activity has been down --> less defence cover.

Much thanks to VGN in what has been a difficult round, and some special love to the German pron-masters in my gal (Wakko, DunkelGraf) - I hope this isn't the only round we end up in a galaxy together.

Actually my galaxy had one of the highest proportions of HC/officers than many other gals, perhaps after the winning gal: 2 HCs (myself/VGN and Wakko/ToT) and 4 officers (Bowen/Rock, DunkelGraf/ToT, Cannon/sniborp/SiNND...and there's one more I don't remember). It's fun just asking for recalls in the galaxy channel

It's been a really fun round, topped off with a HC promotion see you all next round.
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 15:58   #7
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This is one forum I haven't posted on in a long while!

I was The Futiliy (typo when signing up :(((( ) of Getting Out Of Bed 12:9:15

You are: The Futiliy (12:9:15) (Clear)
Size: 447 1116
Value: 3,006,522 254
Score: 4,218,402 420
XP: 20,198 750

Ships (61,003 total)
Harpy 1,250 Phoenix 1,236
Gryphon 265 Drake 137
Wyvern 29 Dragon 57
Leviathan 19 Behemoth 3
Spider 409 Beetle 9,282
Viper 819 Tarantula 115
Roach 356 Scorpion 105
Guardian 4 Mosquito 516
Hornet 97 Vsharrak Fighter 7,830
Daeraith Pulsar 3,261 Lyvidian Sentinel 6,421
Kthal Fireblade 3,804 Culdassa Arrowhead 1,571
Tzen Bolt Thrower 2,278 Andvordian Bomber 590
Xentrallis Peacekeeper 19 Dagger 1,978
Sabre 121 Voracean Predator 87
Assassin 547 Corsair 4,946
Cutlass 6,932 Cutter 518
Buccaneer 1,496 Thief 2,504
Pirate 227 Privateer 991
Ironclad 211 Galleon 15

I signed up around tick 500, but got quickly disgruntled at self-exiling into the number one gal and then being kicked as I wasn't big enough. I launched my first attack around tick 750 and stole ships and it reminded me so much of r2 I decided I liked playing again :)

I loved thieves, beetles, vipers and fireblades. I lost 80% of my BS and 70% of my cr when my spasicated internet connection died for an hour at 2 in the morning a few days ago. I logged back in at 2:01 :( Unfortunately I didn't bother getting an alliance because most of them are full of the sort of people I'd rather disembowel with a rusty pitchfork than talk with so I had no defence (I outgrew my galaxy fairly quickly). I had nothing bar zik incomings after I built my first 100 pirates. The max roids I had at one point this round was 590 something and the amount of incoming I got when I hit that made me giggle like a teenage schoolgirl. Overall zik <3 <3. Thanks to jester for helping me with my inane queries this round (I swear to god I spent a good half an hour wondering what the point of a jpg scan was). I'd even get an alliance and play seriously next round but I'm going away.

Belated edit: I forgot about my humourous anecdote for the round. Whenever I'd go out on the piss I'd save my fleet from certain death by sending it to defend 1:1. So about twice every week 1:1 got incoming fleets with the names "xontas is an idiot" "kal is a moron" and "phil is an imbecile". Hi pateam that was me and I meant it!

Last edited by JonnyBGood; 8 Jun 2005 at 16:41.
JonnyBGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 16:13   #8
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Seeing as there is only a few ticks left I can now post.

As you know I was in furball's gal, but my road there was long and hard, having two top 20 gals disband after a few nights of incs (waves to hebla, cutulin, sku, artur, axtera and punches reshou), oh and everyone furbie mentioned.

I won't waste space posting like everyone else, so here's the link

I currently have only 4k cr (after losing the rest of my fleet in def missions) which will reduce to 3k or less but give 600 or so max cap roids (me <3 being a 2mil cath attacking 9mil ter ) boosting my already impressive xp. Like furball, once i got about 1.5k roids i got mass incs certain people came along, and although you can see by my graph (note the long period of no roiding) i have come on strong in the end, once i got 1k tarants to scare off those ziks that kept deffing. Once that was done the problem was not having enough roaches.. 2.5k aint enough :/

Well done JBG, i remember you asking me some questions.. i was slightly off balance when an a master of the net like your self was asking me about working out etas but you did well

Well considering the horrible start I'm rather happy with the end result. Bring on havoc

Oh p.s. furball, as much as it pains me to say, im not an officer in SiNND, although i could be..
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 16:14   #9
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

You are: slitting wrists (5:2:18) (Clear)
Size:376 1376
Value:825,799 1419
Score:4,712,659 329
XP:64,781 82
Total Round Roids:4,839
Total Lost Roids:4,299
Ticks Roiding:41
Ticks Roided: 35

Signed up at tick 403. Didn't even have inet at home until tick 560~. Stopped attacking/generally doing much on the 24th when my exams started so my previous escalation of ranks/xp etc pretty much stopped.

Fleet sucked. - Beetles+mosq+scarabs
My defence sucked. - Never had many scarabs
My attack sucked. - never had enough co
My value sucked - i got fleetcaught twice fs! and ive never even been t1000 value wise :/
My rank sucked - highest rank was 217 "heh".
My roids sucked - everytime i passed 700 roids, mucho waves ahoy. as 1up found whilst deffing my unworthy anus.

I hit people approx 2x my value all round for the sake of xp, which wasn't much really.

generally boring round though i probably could've done a LOT better if i didn't go as a ****ing cathaar

edit: crashing all my co at 14.1.8 atm so ill end even lower etc, but who the hell cares about such wank ranks anyway (or high ranks either if your alliance isnt winning)
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 16:24   #10
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

I was Doc of Rogue Manor 17:2:21
Size: 1,224 (rank 258)
Value: 1,319,469 (rank 876)
Score: 4,064,049 (rank 448)
XP: 45,743 (rank 211)

i spent most of the round in a 15M gal, but it was fun, until i got really bored of being waved whenever i reached 500+ roids. I exiled and was lucky to end up in 17:2. I did stole a Golden Roid (eonium)at the begining of the round and managed to keep it a little while, but i had been looking for trouble and it came hard on me. It was the most enjoyable round since R4 though, thanks to the nice ally that accepted me and saved my butt on numerous occasions.
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 17:46   #11
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

the antithesis of Xandathrii potential (7:10:5, I think)

cba logging in from here, and I haven't touched my account in about a month....RL issues forced me to take some drastic measures (ie, moving to the beach and working like mad) but this round *did* get off to a decent start for me.

First attacks generally went well, though I couldn't seem to crack the top100 for awhile, hovering in the 150-200 range.

FI fleet was the way to go for me, though I did have a little success with the "alternate" roiding fleet used so effectively by MAd.

Generally speaking, a forgettable round...and one in which I lived up to my comical (but now appropriate) ruler/planet name.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 18:23   #12
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Well, here we go!

Konoko Gawasami of Toe-kee-yo! (9:4:1) (Cat)

Value: 1800k
Score: 3800k
Roids: 333 (soon going down to ~190)

Ships (36,805 total)
Spider 1,839 Beetle 30,259
Black Widow 719 Scarab 810
Tarantula 153 Roach 466
Mosquito 2,383 Hornet 140
Termite 36

Beginning of the round, I had a mean CR fleet and a great DE fleet to match it - constantly 2 fleets out defending against the other Caths. When I noticed CR targets drying out I quickly upped the beetle/mosquito production and although it took a long time to get going, it eventually paid off. Problem was, Xans had also started getting a whole load more FI, which I couldn't keep up with due to the lack of roids (much like every other cathaar). I didnt really suicide too much, since my CO was invaluable defence, and well, I couldn't hold my roids too well.

Overall, a great round for me and my alliance although I guess I'll return to my favourite race - xan - next round.
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 18:53   #13
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

The end of The line (10:10:10) (Xan)

Size: 455
Value: 2,594,248
Score: 6,736,648 (rank 143)
XP: 69,040

Your best rank is 36 which last occurred in tick 230.
Your worst rank is 1078 which last occurred in tick 158.

Ships (154,229 total)
Vsharrak Fighter 99,974 Daeraith Pulsar 13,930
Lyvidian Sentinel 12,941 Kthal Fireblade 6,300
Culdassa Arrowhead 8,470 Tzen Bolt Thrower 460
Andvordian Bomber 3,247 Dagger 6,981
Sabre 439 Voracean Predator 1,487

an enjoyable round for myself, despite landing in the most irritating coords ever, you would not understand how many ppl type in random numbers (such as 10:10:10 for example) when they run their fleet. me had enuf sleepless nights waiting for incs that never came (wakey for one :P)

due to examinations for the last 5 weaks of the round, i couldn't put in the dedication required to breach the top 100 after a promising start to the round, which has prooved to be a big dissapointment. Xan this round was very enjoyable as those who know me know how much i lub meh sexeh fi .

landed in an excellent galaxy, with ppl who know who they are and dont need naming, but we seamed to be very officer heavy too . they were a fantastic bunch of guys to who i owe a lot of my roids.

myself, BCing for vision this round i have enjoyed tremendously, working with a fantastic HC who have taken tough decisions this round to put us on a better footing next round, whilst there are still difficuilt decisions ahead, we have a good staff with which to go forward (ohh.. and soveh as well ).

and major thanx go out to my wubly zik killaz from vision we had a great round hitting big ziks with mass vsh.
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)

Last edited by barney; 8 Jun 2005 at 19:18.
barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 19:07   #14
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

Had a very inactive round, only joined an alliance (NoS) at tick 1000, due rl.

Also went cath (not looking at stats before signups, had never played cath, hence I picked them), and started a few days late. Also couldn't play during the week last few days (systemadmin at work frowned upon my inet use )Hence my not so impressive stats Took roughly 3k roids, lost 2900 again (sandmans says less, butI tent to loose them the same tick I cap them )

Kahless of Quonos (3:8:7) (Cat)
1,429,753 2,770,477 / 789

Keizari has more Cath ships than I

Ships (10,778 total)
Beetle 7,615 Scarab 750
Tarantula 500 Roach 832
Scorpion 144 Guardian 320
Mosquito 417 Hornet 200

BTW why is this forum so ghey with pasting content from tables

Highest Position: 720 in PT1156 Ticks Roiding: 21 XP per Roid: 9.19 Exiles: 0
Lowest Position: 2,283 in PT96 Ticks Roided: 25 Idle: 13 ticks Ratio: 2.30
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 19:42   #15
Pilatus

Pilatus has a spectacular aura aboutPilatus has a spectacular aura about

Did the mistake of choosing caths and lost a total of 3700 roids this round. Used both a co and cr fleet most of the round, except for the last week. Overslept for 1 attack when there were 1 week left, and lost 16k beetles. Except for a little while around the middle of the round, i didn't have any problems getting roids with my cr fleet. And most my roids and xp came from using my cr's.
Most of the round were fun, except for the times i got waved dry for roids. Were in a good gal, with lots of nice ppl

Kangaroo Jack of The Outback (17:2:3) Cat
Size 1,371
Score 5,052,546
Value 1,857,186
XP 53,256

Ships (9,105 total)
Spider 2,433 Beetle 802
Viper 885 Black Widow 1,499
Scarab 232 Tarantula 494
Roach 835 Scorpion 468
Guardian 150 Mosquito 1,152
Hornet 139 Termite 16

Highest Position: 36 in PT136 Ticks Roiding: 43 XP per Roid: 10.53 Exiles: 1
Lowest Position: 900 in PT75 Ticks Roided: 30 Idle: 0 ticks Ratio: 7.38
Pilatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 19:44   #16
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

I was

Sarcasm Lowest Form of Wit (4:5:2) (Cat)

Well with 3 ticks to go my suicide fleets are eta 3 \o/

1,294,547 5,062,907 / 286

i spent my rd suiciding, got bored mid rd. Picked up abuit last 2 weeks. My sandmans graph on roids is missing about 1500 roids from where i capped same tick as incs landed :S

ME

So with my fleets eta 3 im left with

Asteroids (688 total)
Metal Crystal Eonium
231 233 224

Ships (17,139 total)
Spider 900 Beetle 11,218
Viper 250 Black Widow 223
Scarab 555 Tarantula 202
Roach 470 Scorpion 70
Guardian 25 Mosquito 3,126
Hornet 80 Termite 20

Cath co suicide is the only way to go..

Planet Rank Records
Your best rank is 11 which last occurred in tick 382.
Your worst rank is 1601 which last occurred in tick 60

Highest rank i hit was due to a suicide retal and stuff. mid rd i died due to a minor mis calc of 400 nixes being 400 bucs ( dont ask ) i did the stupid cath start of -eta3 for pt72.

Last edited by Benneh; 8 Jun 2005 at 19:50.
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 19:58   #17
TheBerk
dazed and confused

TheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant future

hey,

i was Chocolate Bunnies of The Apocralypse. (8:10:19)

spent this round as a bit of a distorter whore, 109 atm, did have 112 until yesterday when someone actually landed some structure killers ('cause i ran like a piggy on seeing red eta 4 and no green) this number of distorters did come in useful though, hardly any inc always good, coupled with a constant 10% security centres and max priority on engineering kept my distorters safe from those evil cov oppers.

this was a change from my normal rounds as a scan whore, and it took some getting used to that i couldnt scan most of my targets for myself but as i have said, it had its advantages.

for my attacks, i spent the early parts of the round playing with my stealing fleets as a zik, this gained me a fairly nice fleet that got added to and lost as the round progressed. later in the round though i changed my tactics in a desperation for roids and xp. this consisted of me sending a few hundred ironclads with 1 leviathan thrown in to slow the eta, add to this my distorters i had a fairly convincing BS attack fleet, luckily this is what most of my targets thought aswell (except for those in alliances with l337 scanners that could tell i didnt actually have a few hundred BS ) i think my biggest mistake was me sending a fleet of 999 ironclads with 1 leviathan, i dont think my target bought into the idea i had 1k BS with a value of 1.3mil...

thats it really for my experiences, apart from clamouring to defend so i could gain more shippies (why oh why did those terrans never land on my pirates )

my fleet

Code:
Ships (16,401 total)	
Phoenix	18	 	 	Drake	8	
Pegasus	39	 	 	Chimera	6	
Dragon	24	 	 	Demeter	23	
Leviathan	4	 	 	Behemoth	3	
Spider	116	 	 	Beetle	2,330	
Viper	82	 	 	Tarantula	51	
Roach	53	 	 	Scorpion	9	
Guardian	2	 	 	Mosquito	750	
Hornet	25	 	 	Vsharrak Fighter	119	
Lyvidian Sentinel	131	 	 	Tzen Bolt Thrower	9	
Andvordian Bomber	6	 	 	Dagger	39	
Sabre	13	 	 	Corsair	7,026	
Cutlass	1,000	 	 	Cutter	3	
Buccaneer	1,046	 	 	Thief	824	
Clipper	502	 	 	Marauder	440	
Pirate	617	 	 	Privateer	300	
Ironclad	774	 	 	Galleon	9
apologies for the state of the numbers etc, but i spent ages fiddling with it, and thats the best i came up with ^_^

and thats it i guess... my lovely round, with the best finish (so far before ticks stop) i have had since i returned in R10.5

SirBerk
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 20:11   #18
Cannon_Fodder

Okay my attack didnt go as planned, lost 2.5k cr for 177 roids :/
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 20:21   #19
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Hello Berk!

I was The InevitableReturn of The Great White Hope (8:10:14)

Size: 1154 (Rank 280)
Value: 2,533,687 (Rank 354)
Score: 8,033,767 (Rank 94)
XP: 91,668 (Rank 29)

Ships (10,641 total)
Phoenix 5,660 Gryphon 1,880
Drake 1,325 Pegasus 586 (1,842)
Chimera 281 (910) Syren 450
Dragon 335 Demeter 124 (519)

The numbers in brackets are the number of destroyers I had before a Zik ate them all this morning.

My proudest achievement this round has been the sheer number of roids I have lost. I lost 7,620 in total which ranks me as first in my cluster and 24 in the Universe. I can't complain though, stealing all those roids is what kept me in the top 100.
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 20:28   #20
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

abcdef of 123456 (1:4:2) Ter

rank ~80

I started with a random account. Landed in not too good a galaxy after the shuffle, then exiled to 1:4 with a good ToT/CLH buddypack in it and a at first decent ND/NoS buddypack. The ND/NoS however went inactive and later got exiled. This made room for a.o. Furball and sniborp.

I started out focussing on distorters as these were quite powerfull this round. As a result of me pumping out construction after construction I got a decent start, but started losing ground after tick 72 as others started roiding and gaining xp.
I didn't build my first ships and my first factory till close to tick 200. Then with my Demeters looking like Leviathans due to my high eta (no eta research) and me blocking all scans I started getting nice roids and catching up pretty quickly.
After Kal changed the cov op formula's I realized my strategy had been ruined.
I did great till around tick 1500, when people started attacking me helped by scanners that could get through on me.
Finishing at ~80 as one of the better Terran players, I am quite satisfied with my achievements.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 20:38   #21
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

I have had an excellent round yet again in 15.3 as my traditional Terran
Mind you I did have my first round without Noah02 in my planet name:

The_Evil_Darkness of The_Terrans (15:3:8) (Ter)

I have had a hostile yet brilliant round in 15.3 with cypher,elviz,mrfingers,cocteau,obi-wan,heartless,sk8az,svenn,d3st(LCH to the bone in a 1up friendly galaxy but we love him hes brilliant ),days(graphics man with obi),koneko,shanks,stormie(l33t in gal defender),spirit,xandria,horn and a very very brief few weeks with morden who was are lil MoD account as his RL took over and he had to retire from PA and pop on occasinally to donate to fund

Stats: Rank 77

Size: 3,063 (52nd game)(10th Terran)
Value: 4,468,731 (124th game)(13th Terran)
Score: 8,969,751 (77th game)(11th Terran)
XP: 75,017 (59th game)(10th Terran

My sexeh fleet which has been hammered constantly specially my poor pegs that have defended and died in battle plenty of times and a special lil harpy fleet which is at the moment forcing LCH to call upon 5k chimeras to defend against it with a couple k xpk and pirates just for good measure

Ships (11,340 total)
Harpy 400 Phoenix 4,507
Gryphon 600 Drake 1,100
Pegasus 1,000 Chimera 1,000
Syren 200 Wyvern 600
Dragon 1,000 Demeter 533
Leviathan 300 Behemoth 100

Has been a great round tbh see ye next one and i hope its just ass brilliant

p.s I big well done goes to my wonderful lady nutkins for making an excellent first attempt at PA and actually making a difference in the respective alliances shes been in and collecting a lot of compliments along the way

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.

Last edited by noah02; 8 Jun 2005 at 22:45.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 21:01   #22
coffee-
Beoyotch

coffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nice

I am patrick- of -the crabby patty

I went cath this round as I thought it could help out my buddypack, which had an xan and a zik already. Generally I just pick a random race without much thought into the stats. It was a difficult round for sure as I was trying to go the value route for the first 1000 ticks or so, while still always hitting people twice my size to make landing more profitable. I realized quickly, like many caths, that CR fleets were incredibly difficult to land so I obviously went the route of the CO fleet. I had upwards to 25k beetle at one point.

I exiled in and out of several galaxies throughout the round, as everyone I landed in seemed to be terribly in active and I finally land in 12:5 which had a nice mix of allies hirr, ToT, APA, ToF, Ven and a few others that I have forgotten at the moment.

The goals I had set out for myself this round were to end top75, top of my alliance, and top of my race. At the moment I have acheived all of the above, however in two ticks I will see if 14:9:7 is able to surpass me. Anyways I had fun this round due to playing with ToF and going on raids with The_Seal from hirr.

Here are the current stats:
You are: patrick- (12:5:15) (Clear)
Size: 639 746
Value: 668,816 1693
Score: 10,075,736 58
XP: 156,782 3

Ships:
Beetle: 15000
Mosq: 4000
Vipers: 27 (heh, my defence fleet got destroyed in the past week)

Your best rank is 51 which last occurred in tick 1661.
Your worst rank is 1077 which last occurred in tick 67

I also finished top20 most roided planets. \o/
Go me!
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 21:17   #23
NotALegend
BC, Ace Cliff Jumper

NotALegend is on a distinguished road

All right, I just neg-rep'ed all of you who have attacked me this round!

Heh, just kidding.

I was Black Cross of Express (14:7:14) . It's the same lame ruler name I used back in r2. Being Terran, I didn't do too bad until around mid-game when suddenly only 1 of 5 (bs) attacks went through (if even that). And since I from then on also mainly used only 1 attack fleet (the other two out defending all the time), my growth stagnated accordingly. I was rank 80 or so at that time, then slided down to 110-120 (helped by some massive incomings). Ended up at rank 140 before the lemming run(s), due to being without Internet access at home for a week (attacking alone is overrated ).

3,385,469 6,433,829 / 140 was my value/score/rank. See here for a list of the ships I had.

Cutest moment: landing with 8 levis only early on (diverted from my much bigger main attack fleet) and not losing anyone.

Most nerve-wrecking moment: before landing at rain's planet early on, without having done any unit scan or jgps. A make-or-break situation. Luckily the defenders had no anti-bs.

Else, I had a great time with my alliance and my galaxy (even though there were more than expected inactives in both :/ ). Oh, and my galaxy had the MoW curse: anyone who was MoW became instantly inactive (lo Marinho, sledgehammer, Eddy3210, Zmaster and neroon! ).
NotALegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 22:32   #24
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road

Flex! of TOCOTRONIC (8:8:10) (Xan)

after learning there were free accounts i signed up for one purely to see what it's like but decided to stay and play actively when i ended up in a really great gal. i had a slow start (didn't even init any roids for the first 10 ticks) but got on a hot streak of succesful raids for about 3 weeks - having a good eta with my FI fleet was the eky i guess.

special thx to Sovereign for defending me numerous times
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 22:44   #25
Helveticus
finnish pokèmon

Helveticus is a jewel in the roughHelveticus is a jewel in the roughHelveticus is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese
the antithesis of Xandathrii potential (7:10:5, I think)

cba logging in from here, and I haven't touched my account in about a month....RL issues forced me to take some drastic measures (ie, moving to the beach and working like mad) but this round *did* get off to a decent start for me.

Generally speaking, a forgettable round...and one in which I lived up to my comical (but now appropriate) ruler/planet name.
Same gal as you, and we weren't really helped by everyone exiling themselves.

Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
We enjoy sucking the fun out of the boards. It's a competition.
Helveticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2005, 22:58   #26
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

My planet/rulername was Alkafluence of Inkahol which can be turned into Influence of Alcohol if you fiddle with the words. Hence the fleet names 'Shot of Vodka', 'Sex on the Beach' and 'Bacardi Cola' at the beginning of the round.

First part of round was all about losing roids, partly because I left ND after 2 weeks from round beginning. Those times were the times when I had very little sleep. Latter half of round I actually started keeping some roids and got less incs. During the three last weeks I didn't lose a single roid and there wasn't too many serious attempts to roid me. Couple of FI attacks with 400k and 500k ships got covered pretty easily. The latter was expected too, thanks to prelaunched 100k FI fleet (hello Vision).

Overall a very nice round and I'm quite satisfied, although I missed the top 10 rankings by 20k score. I made the mistake of thinking I'd reach top 10 only by fleet catching and didn't bother to attack otherwise in the last couple of days, when actually one single landed attack would have kept me up there.

(Nice last tick suicide on me btw, whoever it was )

You are: Alkafluence (17:2:17) (Clear)
Size: 4,142 32
Value: 12,794,275 11
Score: 16,374,355 11
XP: 59,668 107

Total Round Roids: 10,156 15
Total Lost Roids: 6,014 58
Highest Position: 8 in PT1656 Ticks Roiding: 62 XP per Roid: 5.88 Exiles: 2
Lowest Position: 630 in PT2 Ticks Roided: 19 Idle: 0 ticks Ratio: 3.24

Code:
Ships (321,689 total)
Harpy 157	 	 	Phoenix 4,422
Gryphon 172	 	 	Drake 315
Pegasus 145	 	 	Chimera 214
Wyvern 175	 	 	Dragon 256
Demeter 131	 	 	Leviathan 119
Behemoth 16	 	 	Spider 7,070
Beetle 17,551	 	 	Viper 57
Tarantula 406	 	 	Roach 562
Scorpion 244	 	 	Mosquito 2,036
Hornet 289	 	 	Termite 11
Vsharrak Fighter 107,121	Daeraith Pulsar 7,718
Lyvidian Sentinel 38,853	Kthal Fireblade 3,726
Culdassa Arrowhead 5,204	Tzen Bolt Thrower 114
Andvordian Bomber 512	 	Dagger 6,579
Sabre 948	 	 	Voracean Predator 2,447
Assassin 284	 	 	Corsair 25,000
Cutlass 60,085	 	 	Cutter 164
Buccaneer 8,003	 	 	Thief 13,508
Marauder 617	 	 	Pirate 1,278
Privateer 3,806	 	 	Ironclad 1,177
Galleon 197
Hude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 07:40   #27
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney
myself, BCing for vision this round i have enjoyed tremendously, working with a fantastic HC who have taken tough decisions this round to put us on a better footing next round, whilst there are still difficuilt decisions ahead, we have a good staff with which to go forward (ohh.. and soveh as well ).
Oh so cheeky!!

Quote:
and major thanx go out to my wubly zik killaz from vision we had a great round hitting big ziks with mass vsh.
The Zik Killaz were great fun . only once did our usual three waves had to recall - but we tended to get retalled instead of defended against . At one stage, i got three or four waves of NoS CR/BA retal for one week and last week of the round i received a few fleetcatching attempts by ToT or ToF (cant remember which - doesnt matter really ) one of which resulted in the loss of my FR/DE/CR .

Damn ziks .

Quote:
Originally Posted by at0mic.c0w
special thx to Sovereign for defending me numerous times
No worries mate. i'm always willing to lemming defend . Your continued support in return is/was always highly valued .
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 11:16   #28
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

I was 9:5:4, The Spectacle of Society.

I chose Zik for two reasons. One was to prove to all the naysayers that Zik were playable. The other was, well:

<jesterina> I'm not going Zik because I think they're best btw, I'm just going because omg stealing

And playing Zik was fun. I didn't play like a lot of other people did, just mashing their way through all defenses and making up the value loss with stealing. I faked. A lot. It was fun landing 9k 'FR' on a bunch of Arrows (hi barney).

My galaxy was very cool this round, and I quite like the new galaxy system. That said it wasn't exactly a 'top' galaxy, which lost me quite a bit of sleep this round

Size: 568
Value: 5,825,322
Score: 10,501,662
XP: 77,939
Total Round Roids: 8,367
Total Lost Roids: 8,200

Sandman's seems to have a bug

Code:
Ships (111,184 total)	
Harpy	14	 	 	Phoenix	268	
Gryphon	49	 	 	Drake	182	
Pegasus	96	 	 	Chimera	89	
Syren	39	 	 	Wyvern	578	
Dragon	468	 	 	Demeter	131	
Leviathan	126	 	 	Behemoth	132	
Spider	7	 	 	Beetle	845	
Viper	80	 	 	Scarab	1	
Tarantula	18	 	 	Roach	30	
Scorpion	6	 	 	Guardian	4	
Hornet	7	 	 	Termite	4	
Vsharrak Fighter	46,179	 	 	Daeraith Pulsar	6,074	
Lyvidian Sentinel	11,077	 	 	Culdassa Arrowhead	32	
Tzen Bolt Thrower	381	 	 	Xentrallis Peacekeeper	75	
Dagger	5,279	 	 	Sabre	71	
Voracean Predator	357	 	 	Corsair	1,058	
Cutlass	24,247	 	 	Cutter	21	
Buccaneer	4,193	 	 	Thief	3,925	
Clipper	1,386	 	 	Marauder	320	
Pirate	750	 	 	Privateer	2,085	
Ironclad	390	 	 	Galleon	110
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 11:34   #29
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

We still kill of the old way (8:9:5) Cat

Size: 2,667 - 58
Value: 3,182,741 - 235
Score: 9,598,781 - 68
XP: 106,934 - 17
Total Round Roids: 8,341
Total Lost Roids: 5,605

Ticks Roiding: 47
XP per Roid: 12.82

http://www.sandmans.co.uk/?p=viewplanet&x=8&y=9&z=5

Had to remake my fleet for the last few days, but managed to pull off a good end to the round. Nice job 8:10:14 you did well mate. Jester, your lost roids say it all, not a bad round on the whole

Thanks to my Gal all round & 1up the last couple weeks.
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 11:50   #30
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffee-
You are: patrick- (12:5:15) (Clear)
Just so you know, I'm your cov-op buddy Was fun killing of an amp/distorter every 6th hour or so, but at one point you must have change engineers to security

Gum of The Bum (8:9:7) (Xan)
Size: 3,066 - 51
Value: 4,331,285 - 134
Score: 10,354,685 - 54
XP: 100,390 - 23

Total Round Roids: 8,683
Total Lost Roids: 5,617

XP per Roid: 11.56

Ships (242,678 total)
Code:
Vsharrak Fighter        190,620     
Lyvidian Sentinel       19,664 
Kthal Fireblade         9,247     
Culdassa Arrowhead      9,649 
Tzen Bolt Thrower       1,000     
Andvordian Bomber       4,000 
Xentrallis Peacekeeper  200     
Dagger                  5,940 
Sabre                   400     
Voracean Predator       1,958
Ticks Roiding: 45
Ticks Roided: 26

Exiles: 6 <-- hehe

Last edited by Nadar; 9 Jun 2005 at 11:55.
Nadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 11:58   #31
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
We still kill of the old way (8:9:5) Cat

Size: 2,667 - 58
Value: 3,182,741 - 235
Score: 9,598,781 - 68
XP: 106,934 - 17
Total Round Roids: 8,341
Total Lost Roids: 5,605

Ticks Roiding: 47
XP per Roid: 12.82

http://www.sandmans.co.uk/?p=viewplanet&x=8&y=9&z=5

Had to remake my fleet for the last few days, but managed to pull off a good end to the round. Nice job 8:10:14 you did well mate. Jester, your lost roids say it all, not a bad round on the whole

Thanks to my Gal all round & 1up the last couple weeks.
Why did you congratulate me specifically? Not that I'm complaining of course

Come to think of it I think you and two of your Cat CR gal mates triple waved me some time ago. You guys are the reason I started building Dragons
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 14:56   #32
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

I took notice of your gal a fair bit. I think you did brilliantly as a Ter in 8:10 in Apa to stay as you did in the t100.

And yeah you were all DE, i thought i'd put you on the right track I hit 8:10 once, i was allianceless at the time & the gal was pretty appealing.
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 15:26   #33
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Well yeah, being in APA meant I couldn't hold on to my roids long enough to get a good value. But as I mentioned before it also meant I could get lots of XP which helped me stay in the top 100. My galaxy wasn't too bad, we did finish ranked 56 after all. A couple of guys in there saved me from some major roid loss a couple of times too.

The only way I could have made the job harder for myself was if I had gone Cat
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 15:44   #34
NotALegend
BC, Ace Cliff Jumper

NotALegend is on a distinguished road

It's all about pecking order: bwtmc hits ChubbyChecker (in a much smaller gal) who hits me (in an ever smaller one). Being at the bottom sucks though.
r1 - ?:? | r2 - 6:6 | r3 - 4:15 | r4 - 178:11 | r5 - ?:?
NotALegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 16:18   #35
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

You are: Mine is the Grandeur (15:6:8) (Clear)
Size: 2,276 76
Value: 1,654,934 664
Score: 9,963,314 60
XP: 138,473 6

And, just to pwn Hude:
Total Round Roids: 9,099
Total Lost Roids: 6,823

Rough final fleet before suiciding:
Vsharrak Fighter 35,000 Lyvidian Sentinel 20,000 (lost 8k day before round end :/ )
Kthal Fireblade 10,000 Culdassa Arrowhead 12,000
Andvordian Bomber 2,000 Xentrallis Peacekeeper 300
Dagger 5,000

Started off playing the round 'normally', but was forced into XP whoring more as the round wore on; there was a 6 week period where I averaged 4 incoming fleets per night from LCH/ToT/EXi/Angels and it made it impossible to hold onto my roids, even though I received huge amounts of def (mostly ingal, absolutely love you guys! ) the attackers were nearly always bigger and needed lots of covering; so stuff got through. Especially when F-Crew, Coven and APA took to waving the gal before the EXi incs appeared, was quite sad to see a lot of their guys go splat, 3 guys did so at my planet for combiend losses of over 1 mill value, whilst eX took the roids. :/

I'm also proud that despite XPwhoring, I managed to get 191 defpoints (2.87 per day not inc. protection) and was often very useful, primarily because I kept my sentinels at home and was often stopping multiple 200-300k incs singlehandedly with fakes and real \o/

One of the most enjoyable rounds I've had thanks to gal and getting to meet the SiN folks, but a completely exhausting round; congrats particularly to LCH/EXilition/ToT for your brilliant military organisation and the hell you put me through! Gg guys
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 18:59   #36
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

Wonder why so many ppl come here while they NEVER post on strategy forums the rest of the round

Dirty braggers

-----
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 19:03   #37
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Martok
Wonder why so many ppl come here while they NEVER post on strategy forums the rest of the round

Dirty braggers
I post on forums. I like syrens, as shown on terran thread
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 04:37   #38
Loz
Careless talk costs lives

Loz has a spectacular aura aboutLoz has a spectacular aura aboutLoz has a spectacular aura about

You are: Wrath (5:10:19) (Clear)
Size: 544 923
Value: 3,529,613 189
Score: 5,484,773 244
XP: 32,586 440

Highest Position: 244 in PT1669 Ticks Roiding: 36 XP per Roid: 9.43 Exiles: 5
Lowest Position: 2,762 in PT355 Ticks Roided: 20 Idle: 0 ticks Ratio: 1.54

Joined in tick 259 and had 5 exiles hehe, I just couldn't land in a good gal until I got to 5:10. All in all a pretty good round, my aim was to finish in top 250, and I achieved that.

Although being in the same galaxy as rain, cata and toot meant plenty of fireworks!
[19:13] <Keglomaniac> whats wrong with our intel?
[19:13] <bos|takeaway> its a contradiction in terms
Loz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 19:33   #39
General Martok
used to register

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
I post on forums. I like syrens, as shown on terran thread
Yeah you You're just stalking me

But I bet about 20 posters in this thread rarely even read this forum, let alone post on it

edit:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Gate again.

-----
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 20:25   #40
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

DJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the rough

haaay, i read this all the time, i just never post just in case i make a foul of myself which i often do... and i did have a valid excuse, i idle in the channel
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 20:57   #41
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Hmm, i was (9:9:13). A terran that started off the round well, was in top10 up until about tick 500. started off by going straight for BS and got 30 levs out of prod asap, even tho only small amount they worked, and i capped 6/6 landings for 0 loss, then i started faking etc with demeters, had some funny breps, from DC's sending wrong ships etc. After tick 500~ i got a new job ( shit one at that) which completely stopped me in my tracks. Unable to login during daytime stopped me from joining any allaince attacks and so i had to solo for the rest of the round, apart from the occasional weekend. I went totally inactive and didn't do much apart from send def to my alliance, with the odd attack here and there. I ended around #200.

My ships were:
Phoenix: 7000
Drake: 324 ()
Pegasus: 3000
Chimera: 2000
Wyvern: 100
Dragon: 135
Demeter: 500
Leviathan: 85
Behemoth: 1

(those drakes were built on the last day cos i had a zik send 250 sabres at me other than that i never built a single anti fr ship (Irvine was always on my case ))
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2005, 02:22   #42
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

well i was (10:10:19) started the round okish capping roids here and there, loosing roids here and there, then i started hittin value heavy ziks around tick 400ish which quickly saw me into the top 20. I was in a dead gal though so i had to exile, which saw me into an even deader gal were i quickly went from 900 roids to 46 in 14 waves from 53 bashers I didnt mind loosing roids and i believe i helped my alliance by adopting that attitude and telling other people in the alliance also because we capped alot of roids on our raids, also being a bc/dc i knew what ships were needed and ensured m alliance m8s got enough roids.

My value was pretty low for the most of the round, i believe at 1 point i was 2 million value and 7mill in score, i constantly suicided my fleet through no fault of my own or for XP, it was simply due to being to stoned to wake up or to drunk and logging into the bot wrong and being locked out. Think i suicided roughly 16 times during the whole round, my fi barely rose above 100k.

After loosing my whole fi fleet i decided i needed a revamp, i built alot of bombers and tzens accompanied by arrows and fireblades. With this combination i felt it was pretty easy to get through on any target i wanted, terran, zik, cath, i mostly hit fat terrans with this combo though because they always had there phoenix's out on alliance defence so it was a gamble i was willing to take. Upon capping shed loads of roids i quickly began to rise in value and built a fi fleet and started sending out 2 attacks again where i grew more rapidly. No longer was i an XP whore Oh and gerbie cheers for the numerous roids i know u didnt like that combo with your 0 nixes

highlights had to be irvine bitchin at me everyday to stop suiciing my fleet because he was sick of covering my mass incs every night. it mounted upto 18k BS and 27k CR in 1 night which was fun.

My Final fleet:
Vshar: 380,000
Pulsar: 1,000
Sent: 50,000
Fireblade: 20,000
Arrow: 50,000
Tzen: 11,000
Bomb: 25,000
Lancer: 1,000
Peace: 2,000
Dagger: 10,000
Sab: 1,000

Size: 6,659
Value: 10,666,435
Score: 17,606,815
XP: 115,673
Total Round Roids: 12,323
Total Lost Roids: 5,664
Ticks Roiding: 53
Ticks Roided: 31

i did have 9k roids up until the last tick of the round

fun round though, v gg and xan > * forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

heres my graphs statistics bla bla
Unread 11 Jun 2005, 08:07   #43
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
i constantly suicided my fleet through no fault of my own
butbut,
Quote:
for XP
Quote:
due to being to stoned to wake up or to drunk
I think you'll find it's ALL your fault, noob.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2005, 13:27   #44
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Martok

Dirty braggers
We need to spread some luuuv with our huge E-penises.

/me starts banging his monkey in the table while singing "YYYYYYYYYYYY M C AAAAAAA"
Unread 11 Jun 2005, 14:13   #45
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

You are: Spring Dance (11:4:12) (Clear)
Size: 43 3619
Value: 663,234 1695
Score: 1,831,194 1135
XP: 19,466 783

Overall it was a fun round. After leaving Angels I decided to try and end top 100 with no alliance. What a mistake that was. If i would have gotten a good exile I would have probably had a chance. I was top 150 or so for the bulk of the round with no alliance. I landed into a completly shyt gal and got roided every single time i capped a few roids, then I fought with some huge zik like 4 times my size almost, and he just ronded me dry and i roided him with CR for xp. Then that got old as he slowly chopped away at me CR
I exiled 8 times (probably one of the highest) and I was attacked 61 ticks, would have been more if I would have kept trying. Cath was an excellent race guys, I can't see how they managed to get pwned as such, as they only need to build 2 ships heavy. But i think Jester said somewhere that it was the defence issue that killed them.
GG
Unread 11 Jun 2005, 14:53   #46
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
I exiled 8 times (probably one of the highest) and I was attacked 61 ticks, would have been more if I would have kept trying.
I know there were some EX with >10 exiles. I only self-exiled out of my original galaxy (6:6) upon discovering I had stumbled into an f-crew pack. I don't regret leaving that one for a moment, really.
Quote:
But i think Jester said somewhere that it was the defence issue that killed them.
Yeah, the attackability of Cath this round was just ridiculous. Not just because they were soft, but everyone launched on them constantly. I had a Cath galmate that got half a dozen waves whenever he capped roids. While Xan were basically unattackable except by overkill. And Zik could make themselves pretty untouchable by stealing the right ships, which was just a question of attacking the right inactives. Not that easy to do as a 1up though
Unread 11 Jun 2005, 18:03   #47
Cannon_Fodder

I exiled 9 times, and damn you noah, beat me on xp by one place
Unread 12 Jun 2005, 19:22   #48
Melesse
The Nephilim

Melesse is an unknown quantity at this point

I was
Temple of Solomon (9:7:13)

My highest score was at the end of the round,
4.5M with a 3.2M value.

My highest rank was 247...and then I pulled the wrong fleet at 3 AM, and one of my galmates got roided, and I lost 4k Frigates :-/, so I fell to 450. I worked my way back to the 200's, and then lost interest. I finished at 432.

I spent most of the round defending my gal. It helped nicely with an enormous stolen fleet, but every time I got over 1000 roids I was roided down to 100 or so lol. I finished with 608 roids, having lost 200 right before the end of ticks (and 500k in value ).

Still, this has been my favorite round, I'm glad I didn't play my usual race. I usually play Cath, but I almost always get very bored around tick 1000 when I usually just have constant incoming. Very Frustrating. Depending on the stats, I'm thinking of trying Xan or Terran next round, for a change.

Melesse
Unread 12 Jun 2005, 22:28   #49
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

You are: Shawshank of Redemption(4:1:13) (Clear)
Size: 1,669 137
Value: 2,412,332 379
Score: 6,982,652 136
XP: 76,172 57

Well, the round was a very fun one for me, unfortunally i had picked Terran this round (mostly due to old habit) I had some great fun and did quite good until one stormy afternoon my power went out and i didnt get to run my fleet from a evul Zik. Finished top 150 still, and was quite satisfied with that.

The most strange about my round was that i didnt actually suicide much and still got on top 60 XP'ers.
Unread 12 Jun 2005, 23:13   #50
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melesse
I usually play Cath, but I almost always get very bored around tick 1000 when I usually just have constant incoming.
I laughed, I cried, I came, I sacrificed virgins and goats to the unspeakable ones.

That's seriously one of the best things I've read all round.