User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 13 Jan 2012, 22:41   #51
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

vuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to all
Re: Round 45 Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary View Post
most rounds ND and CT practically bum each other.
qft, i used to think of them as one and the same... i still do

H-A ODDR Apprime xVx VisioN HEROES Ultores
vuLgAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2012, 23:10   #52
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

(1) They will lie to you when there is ND pl on your planets, and will say that they are not attacking you <--- propably a smartass answer from someone not arsed to talk to you properly. I'd propably do the same while having a laugh at your ass comments in PM.

(2) They will break a round long nap with you as soon as your overtake them in score <-- which round? I think ND and xVx were naped for a long time 2-3 rounds back, but then ND did indeed hit xVx. I know there were never talks of a round long nap, and we followed the cool down period (if there was any), unlike others.

(3) They will nap with you, promise to attack with you that night but never do <-- this unfortionately happenes sometimes to ND. Common reason is the BC not getting the info of what is happening, I think it happenes to most.

(4) A number of alliances will get targetted by 5/6 other alliances throughout the round, yet when ND gets one back they are the first to cry on the forums having previously trolled others for pointing out the same thing <-- bullshit. I know we have some bad AD posters, but overall this is bullshit.

I could go on but I don't wish to waste any more of my time on AD talking to idiots who basically think the sun shines out of their alliance's arse, and that they can do no wrong! <---- I never said ND don't do anything wrong. I just said xVx are pure spineless shit. You can ask ND members if I ever said anything bad about ND or that they do stuff wrong.

One last thing, you say xVx don't have any friends, but if ND did you would have won the last two rounds. But you did not precisely because you conduct yourselves in a way which rubs people up the wrong way round after round. <--- Same goes for xVx apart from that last round you had your tail between your legs in two tags? That was seriously one of the most low things I've seen in PA. And tbh, main reason ND lost was the strong enemy in Apprime, not the lack of friends. ND are not asskissers towards hardcore tags like xVx are.

But as said earlier, dumbest thing xVx did was admit on AD they were twats, and then say afterwards that it won't have an impact in the future You were propably even one of them idiots doing it. Didn't turn out too well....
Unread 14 Jan 2012, 09:38   #53
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buly View Post

But as said earlier, dumbest thing xVx did was admit on AD they were twats, and then say afterwards that it won't have an impact in the future You were propably even one of them idiots doing it. Didn't turn out too well....

This quite a funny line... from what i can see xVx pretty much continued to do what they had always done... rank in the top 4 (if with half the tag size of ND in rd 44) and be high in value and roids.

Its quite rich for you to comment on xVx supposed failing through actions when NewDawn are the best example or how a bad reputation affects your round. Last 2 rounds you have lead the way with 3-400 ticks to go and then the universe has used to your past actions and the fact your a soft target to gather everyone and his dog to attack you, it doesnt even take much persuading, in fact i think its at the point now that 1 allaince nominates a time and place and everyone turns up, its kinda like an ingame PA meet
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2012, 12:15   #54
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah

Hunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura about

xVx and ultores naped pre round. Dont think i have to say anything else.
Unread 15 Jan 2012, 12:28   #55
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

Ovbiously Apprime will win this
Unread 15 Jan 2012, 12:29   #56
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by neroon View Post
Ovbiously Apprime will win this

unless they are targeted from pt24
Unread 15 Jan 2012, 13:29   #57
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah

Hunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura about

Ofc we will win! We are hiding score already swapping planets in tag and shit!
Unread 15 Jan 2012, 13:43   #58
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

No, because I have been targeting you from tick 24 onwards... with bad jokes like this one!
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2012, 15:06   #59
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
This quite a funny line... from what i can see xVx pretty much continued to do what they had always done... rank in the top 4 (if with half the tag size of ND in rd 44) and be high in value and roids.
From what i heard from some members they didn't have much in the way of incomings, so not too hard to do well in that situation....I suppose you could call it good politics if you wanted, anyway, Ultores for the win this round i think
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2012, 16:04   #60
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt View Post
From what i heard from some members they didn't have much in the way of incomings, so not too hard to do well in that situation....I suppose you could call it good politics if you wanted, anyway, Ultores for the win this round i think
You mean they played like ND normally play?

And...

Relation Change Ascendancy and the Horde are now at war with each other.
Korsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2012, 18:27   #61
SantaCruz
I've been around

SantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to behold

stupid comments. my post was a joke. if you believe what i said your and idiot that has never really payed attention to politics...

As xVx hasn't won a round. so when did they do this before?

Also since it needs to be pointed out. xVx or anyone of it's members wouldn't expect to win without working for it.

That being said i'm not going to reply anymore to these posts. I'm not playing in xVx tag. They can reply to retarded comments from this point forward.

Last edited by SantaCruz; 15 Jan 2012 at 18:45.
SantaCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2012, 18:33   #62
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaCruz View Post
stupid comments. my post was a joke
And a hi-la-ri-ous joke it was. I for one am still laughing about it.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2012, 11:23   #63
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korsan View Post
You mean they played like ND normally play?
Well, I'd bracket most allies in with them, as the only ones who actually know what it is like to have "mass incomings" for a sustained period of time are Asc/App/Ultores (during last 20rds or so)..Everyone elses "gangbang" has only lasted a couple of days, but seeing as the defence aint as good in other allies, then you stop getting incomings as your roids have already been taken in that short time....
Ultores
Unread 17 Jan 2012, 14:47   #64
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt View Post
Well, I'd bracket most allies in with them, as the only ones who actually know what it is like to have "mass incomings" for a sustained period of time are Asc/App/Ultores (during last 20rds or so)..Everyone elses "gangbang" has only lasted a couple of days, but seeing as the defence aint as good in other allies, then you stop getting incomings as your roids have already been taken in that short time....
Agreed. Funny stuff is ND are the main ones getting shit for it.
Unread 18 Jan 2012, 17:46   #65
Jeffro

Jeffro is an unknown quantity at this point

Was that the same round that ND won the allcomp?
Jeffro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2012, 08:59   #66
Buly

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3k View Post
Anyone in NFI will vouch that we got "mass incomings" for over two weeks. People kinda gave up trying to hit us after that.
I've seen way worse in ND, so no. It was what....Asc/App and not many other decent ones aside from that hitting you.
Unread 19 Jan 2012, 17:23   #67
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterrrr View Post
xVx and ultores naped pre round. Dont think i have to say anything else.
Strange that, considering I have seen xVx targets on our raids.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2012, 20:30   #68
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
Strange that, considering I have seen xVx targets on our raids.
My plan to be #1 is let agar3s grow nice, big and fat and then roid him to get HUGE amount of XP and slingshot to #1 spot.
Say it with me people "No Nap with Ultores, No Nap with Ultores, No Nap with Ultores".... they got cooties

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2012, 15:48   #69
Buly

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3k View Post
tbh I'd have already quit if it wasn't for the amount of "I told you so"s that'd echo around the forums and IRC for the next two years.
Still hiding the tag or can people start now?
Unread 24 Jan 2012, 20:36   #70
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Seems like xVx is pocketing this one...
Can anyone give them a fighting last stance?

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2012, 20:58   #71
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

That's a bit premature, don't you think? I'm all for proclaiming the round over, but we haven't even passed tick 300.

As for "pocketing"... no, I don't think xVx will win.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 24 Jan 2012, 21:12   #72
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Cant see anyone stopping them atm, theyve been capping good for the last week, and no one seems to be able to get the roids off them.
Ultores hardly been capping roids for the last five days, and CT/FAnG/ND looks to be far behind.

Unread 24 Jan 2012, 21:13   #73
Jeffro

Jeffro is an unknown quantity at this point

I would say that xVx will blow it as normal but I hear Santa isn't in tag so they now stand a good chance of winning
Jeffro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2012, 03:30   #74
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

You can't congratulate anyone yet, considering it's not even tick 300! Anything could happen!

If xVx can handle a gang bang for 2 weeks straight, then they are a very good contender for the win.
Unread 25 Jan 2012, 07:01   #75
Demort
Anarchy Shadow

Demort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really nice

i see forums never change hehe

EX

Legion, Fury, Xanadu, Wolfpack, NoS, TSU, LKSAB, Vgn, F-Crew, CT, Insomnia, Angels, VsN, Gross, Osiris, ROCK, XvX, Faceless, Unsullied, Haven, Carisan, RaGe, Carnage, Kittenz and EC

Currently

In ODDR Command
Demort is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2012, 08:55   #76
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

nd will win
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2012, 13:19   #77
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksero View Post
nd will win
Dosnt looking like it today :crymeariver:

Unread 27 Jan 2012, 18:29   #78
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
Dosnt looking like it today :crymeariver:
Just wait and see!
Unread 27 Jan 2012, 18:42   #79
Mzyxptlk
mz.

I'll tell you what'll happen. Some dumb alliance is on top for 800 ticks, and then ND swoops in and takes the win. It's the same thing every round. eksero is right.
Unread 28 Jan 2012, 00:00   #80
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

Thats right!
Unread 28 Jan 2012, 15:05   #81
zL
Banned

zL is an unknown quantity at this point

#1 xVx ( strong in def...)
#2 Ultores ( will let xVx win! )
#3 ct
#4 FAnG
#5 ND (have not had a good start to this round i Predict they will get bashed and killed near end of round...)
#6 Apprime
#7 Tides of fire ( <3 )
#8 HR
#9 DLR
#10 Dfwtk
zL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2012, 07:15   #82
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

I reckon ND is failing so badly because they have a bigger EU playerbase than the other top allies, with the shitty pl change this is affecting their raiding ability and therefore there not capping as much.

I know everyone is 'loving' the pl change but i think its quite clear now that the top alliances havent changed there atttack setup and this is forcing EU players to wake every night halfway through and launch or just not attack at all and get some sleep or miss their launch time from not waking up - as was said at round start if your not hardcore you will hate this round and want to stop playing!!
Unread 30 Jan 2012, 08:16   #83
Mzyxptlk
mz.

'forcing'
Unread 30 Jan 2012, 16:16   #84
Buly

There's no must in launching nighttime for euros, launching in the morning works if you do it the right way.

I did see in another thread that people are now launching into 10 deffleets in the morning, claiming that this doesn't work but I disagree. I've had experience of morning ninja hits working, but this required defsucks and sometimes relaunches.
Unread 30 Jan 2012, 18:10   #85
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

The nerphing of the pre launch is the best change PA has done in years.
Seems like Ultores are starting to take advantage of this, theyve catched up with xVx now, so this might become a two sided race after all.

Unread 30 Jan 2012, 19:15   #86
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

but bloodybutcher you say this is a good change but who for? the active and the american? Unfortunatly 60% of the playerbase is EU and half assed in its playing of PA, normally due to things called jobs and real life. NOt everyone can sit at a computer all day and play the game. This is where everyone is struggling. I know its partly through defensive stats but when you add the fact that EU players are not as attack active as they could be with larger PL then the game is gonan become vastly easier for such US/Can dominated alliances such as xVx and Ult and DLR to an extent. With for once no offence to ND you can see how there EU and older playerbase is struggling with these changes from the way they have been cut adrift after 400 ticks. As much as they fail at the end of every round no one can doubt there ability to gain quick roids at the start round after round and they just cant do that anymore with these changes

I would be suprised if PA doesnt lose 200+ players if teh PL change stays for next round
Unread 30 Jan 2012, 19:46   #87
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

How can everyone be struggling when we play against each other?

I'm EU and I have no problems landing attacks, even during the daytime. This change is bad for people that can only land when their opponents are asleep though, you're right. Pretty sad that, really.

Why don't you try a new strategy rather than just relying on someone being asleep?

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2012, 19:54   #88
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

unfortunatly shev when your competing against alliances full of players who will get up at 4am every night to launch an attack because they have the desire to play spreadsheet wars above the need for sleep and having a life then yes you need to attack when the majority are asleep, thats how pa has been for a long time and there was no reason to change it, apart from to show up how hard pa is to play in the real world as a 20/30 something with a job and responsibilites - were not all 17 and living with our parents anymore!!
Unread 30 Jan 2012, 20:42   #89
zL
Banned

zL is an unknown quantity at this point

the PL thing is balls it needs taken away next round ...
zL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2012, 21:16   #90
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
unfortunatly shev when your competing against alliances full of players who will get up at 4am every night to launch an attack because they have the desire to play spreadsheet wars above the need for sleep and having a life then yes you need to attack when the majority are asleep, thats how pa has been for a long time and there was no reason to change it, apart from to show up how hard pa is to play in the real world as a 20/30 something with a job and responsibilites - were not all 17 and living with our parents anymore!!
I'm Ultores, I don't get up to attack, and I am 28 with a job and responsibilities.

Which alliances are full of these people you speak of?

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Unread 30 Jan 2012, 22:16   #91
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shev View Post
I'm Ultores, I don't get up to attack, and I am 28 with a job and responsibilities.

Be nice about colt
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2012, 00:02   #92
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

The "top alliances" might not have made the change from launching at 04:00 *yet* - but the change is still very new. I also suspect that many of these "hardcore" players aren't getting out of bed to launch but are launching before going to bed. If we go the whole hog and remove PL (for attacking) altogether then we might see a few members revolt - and a few alliances setting their attacks at more "sensible" times.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2012, 07:45   #93
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shev View Post

What country are you from Shev? Cos with the way the big 4's alliance raids are setup EU players are having to get out of bed to get a wave that doesnt make them first wave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas
The "top alliances" might not have made the change from launching at 04:00 *yet* - but the change is still very new. I also suspect that many of these "hardcore" players aren't getting out of bed to launch but are launching before going to bed. If we go the whole hog and remove PL (for attacking) altogether then we might see a few members revolt - and a few alliances setting their attacks at more "sensible" times.

This is a valid point but surely after 2 and a half weeks (or 17 raiding nights) alliances should have adapted to what is better (imo 4am to 7am launching) but none seem to have - its still the same 2-am to 5am bollocks that disadvantages the large EU playerbase.

I reckon if the change isnt scrapped or if they go further and just remove PL then that will be it for a chunk of the EU players and then wont bother with PA anymore... just idle in irc channels forever or be scanners maybe...
Unread 31 Jan 2012, 08:07   #94
Mzyxptlk
mz.

It took 5 rounds for people to adapt to "hey, XP is pretty good", 12 for people to discover cov opping, 14 for disting, 11 for fortress galaxies and then another 10 before they became common.

The average PA player is about as flexible as a bar of solid steel.
Unread 31 Jan 2012, 08:39   #95
Colt
Mercenary

Quote:
What country are you from Shev? Cos with the way the big 4's alliance raids are setup EU players are having to get out of bed to get a wave that doesnt make them first wave.

He likes haggis!
Ultores
Unread 1 Feb 2012, 06:06   #96
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Being able to go to sleep knowing that ur roids will be safe from people who arnt arsed to make up an good schedule on when to attack or not, makes the game way more playable for me as an semi-active medicore player. Luckily when this feature was removed it became more clear what alliances is top contender for winning, and who the ones you got to watch out for are.
Clearly xVx and Ultores are one feet ahead of everyone else in this game atm.
Even though with the pre-launch still avaible, i dont think anyone else would be able to give them a fight for their roids

Unread 1 Feb 2012, 10:15   #97
Mzyxptlk
mz.

You are woefully mistaken, as the next 5 alliance pile up will demonstrate.
Unread 1 Feb 2012, 14:12   #98
Clouds

In my view, a minority of players aren't taking advantage of the new rule, instead, they aren't playing, or they just aren't attacking due to the inconvenience, and I have noticed an overall reduction of incoming, but maybe that's due to politics.

As a European player, I don't have a problem with getting up to launch a fleet or two, because I'm use to being called / sms'd to set defence missions anyway.

There are two schools of thought here, and my opinion is the new rule should be reverted back to the old system.

Of course, this new rule benefits players like myself, the more hardcore tier, but Planetarion, as we all know, is a dying game, and it needs to accommodate the more relaxed player base. However, a minority of players are adapting to the new rule by
technological means. For example, purchasing a smart phone to launch attack missions at times they don't have access to a computer.

NewDawn is a good example of why the new pre-launch rule isn't beneficial long term. Here's some text from a ND HC.

[09:37] <Catgym> as it is it sucks so no ones bothering to play tbh
[09:37] <Catgym> 50% of nd hardly even attack
[09:37] <Catgym> im one of them

So that's half an alliance not even playing properly.

Furthermore..

[09:38] <Catgym> thing is
[09:38] <Catgym> they wanted tobring back euro players
[09:38] <Catgym> its worked
[09:39] <Catgym> cos of fang restarting alot of players returned anyway
[09:39] <Catgym> they will see it as a possitive
[09:39] <Catgym> ppl wont return cos they cant pl now
[09:39] <Catgym> thats just stupid of pa team to even think that
[09:39] <Catgym> but u cant argue with them

It's nice however to see the PA team are trying to 'doctor' the game, as opposed to just leaving it to rot, but if they remove pre-launch all together, I fear the only players left will be the hardcore ones.
Unread 1 Feb 2012, 15:53   #99
Shev
So what?

More complaints from people who are only willing to play when they know there is a reasonable chance their opposition is asleep.

The argument that it only benefits hardcore players is absurd as well as it reduces incomings on more casual players at unsociable hours in the same ratio as it reduces the attacks they are willing to launch at unsociable hours themselves.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]

Last edited by Shev; 1 Feb 2012 at 16:02.
Unread 1 Feb 2012, 16:30   #100
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
It took 5 rounds for people to adapt to "hey, XP is pretty good", 12 for people to discover cov opping, 14 for disting, 11 for fortress galaxies and then another 10 before they became common.

The average PA player is about as flexible as a bar of solid steel.
If only i could pos rep!
However pretty sure ppl discovered dist earlier!

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote