User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 20 Dec 2011, 21:16   #151
Killeah
Old Skool

Killeah has a spectacular aura aboutKilleah has a spectacular aura about
Re: R45 Stats Discussion

Tiamat - can you please enlighten me on the rationale behind the scarab? - I see absolutely no use for that ship - itīs not a part of a pod fleet setup for cath - neither is it a def ship as the beetle - got the exact same stats - for T and init.

If a ship doesnīt have any use at all better to leave it out entirely.
Killeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2011, 21:46   #152
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

I would have made it into a killship.
Unread 20 Dec 2011, 22:00   #153
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killeah View Post
Tiamat - can you please enlighten me on the rationale behind the scarab? - I see absolutely no use for that ship - itīs not a part of a pod fleet setup for cath - neither is it a def ship as the beetle - got the exact same stats - for T and init.

If a ship doesnīt have any use at all better to leave it out entirely.
I've already asked
Unread 20 Dec 2011, 22:32   #154
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

Hmm, now that's an idea. I could make it into a really slow kill ship. I'd have to Move it to a de, but i'd have no problems doing that. Init like 8, so it'd still fire after all the other shit but before zik. I'd prolly also switch it to Co/Fi/Fr. With Effs of like 360/390.

And yeah i am a bit worried about Cr being too strong. It is suspectable to De def along with Juggernaut + tara def. The pirate isn't that strong. And i have been slowly dropping the Eff on the Wyvren its gona stay where it is now.
Unread 21 Dec 2011, 00:05   #155
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
????????????????
Yeah, I was reading that as a production cost bonus. Not my most impressive moment.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Dec 2011, 00:21   #156
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat101 View Post
First of all i did not make ter De redundant, they still have many attack options it just means they aren't the dominant race. Sorry for making your life a bit harder. They still have the phoenix which will beat any fi/co right now unless teamed with emp(shocker). Ter Cr is still very strong vs fr/de but is easily stopped by juggernauts/pirates. And as for that De that you are soo fond of. They still have many solo attack options but Ter as the race no longer have 3 of the fastest ships in the uni(drake/pheonix/Wvyren) you will have to settle for only 2 of them.
I didn't see them as the dominant race before you made the changes...actually they still only had 2 before you changed anything anyway as for some obscure reason you made the phoenix init4 from init7 and to a fi/co targeting co, may i ask why? They already had the Pegasus, or is it that every race MUST have an eta7 anti fi/co ship?? In-fact they only have one of the "fastest ships in uni" now in the wyvern..

I am merely asking why these changes were made as it now means Ter DE is targeted by a kill ship from each meta-class before it has a chance to fire back, something only one other strategy has at the moment, zik fr (but seeing as zik steals this is always generally the case).

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiamat
And Ter De can solo and can also team up with Etd De. So your just complaining because Ter is no longer the BEST strat, and thus the changes were made. Because they were too strong. Ter De still has planety of attack options Solo, most of them into Zik, they can also attack into Etd Co and will still be able to attack into Cath. However I removed there attacking into Xan so just live with it. If ter/Etd De team up they can attack into most Fi/co planets.
ETD Co? lol, I like how you have illustrated your point perfectly by naming a strat that requires a steal to be of any use...
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Dec 2011, 00:22   #157
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

Sk's have been added and scarab has been fixed.
Unread 21 Dec 2011, 00:33   #158
Tiamat101

Colt, Before the change to the Ghost it would have left ter with:
Phoenix init 4 anti fi/co(faster than all fi/co that can fire back)
Drake init 5 anti fr( Faster than all Fr that can fire back)
Wyvren init 5 anti fr/de ( faster than all fr/de that can fire back)

And I was not ready to commit to all 3 of there meta classes being that strong. So I had to nerf one of them a bit. So i decided instead of dropping drakes init to instead just make Ghost fire before it the way i had it originally, except this time i dropped the eff on the ghost both a/c and d/c so its not nearly as good as it once was.

As for Ter De, it may not have as many attack openings as it once did but it does still have solo attack openings. Zik(Fi/fr/cr(with not massed pirates)) Cat Bs(as it targets at t2 and not as effective) Cat Co even because of the value ratio of De:Co,
With Etd De team up they can attack, xan fi, Ter cr/De and Etd bs/co.
So if you dont think that Ter De is good prove to me what other fleet can attack that well.

xan Fr certainly can not. Xan fr can attack Cat Co, Xan Fi, and with the right fleet make up can attack both Ter De and Etd De. So please do some calcs before you bring me a bullshit response about how I made Ter too weak. As it stands they are STILL the strongest fleet out there. So more tweaking to be done.
Unread 21 Dec 2011, 02:08   #159
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt View Post
for some reason you made the phoenix init4 from init7 and to a fi/co targeting co, may i ask why?
On a FR/DE strat there'd be no cath/emp ships, so a fi/co strat of xan/cath would land on anyone. Sure, there could be cross-def vsh ingal but there was no ship that could defend against fi/co on the alliance eta. Basically making ter/etd/xan/zik fr/de strat overly vulnerable to lolwaves and fleetcatches.

His goal was to make every race/metaclass viable, and leaving both CR/BS and FR/DE strategies without an in-alliance anti-FI/CO ship made each strat excessively vulnerable to being raped.
Unread 21 Dec 2011, 06:23   #160
steveopotamus

steveopotamus is a jewel in the roughsteveopotamus is a jewel in the roughsteveopotamus is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
First of all i did not make ter De redundant, they still have many attack options it just means they aren't the dominant race. Sorry for making your life a bit harder. They still have the phoenix which will beat any fi/co right now unless teamed with emp(shocker). Ter Cr is still very strong vs fr/de but is easily stopped by juggernauts/pirates. And as for that De that you are soo fond of. They still have many solo attack options but Ter as the race no longer have 3 of the fastest ships in the uni(drake/pheonix/Wvyren) you will have to settle for only 2 of them.
The fact that the wyvern is fastest init kill ship is mitigated by the fact that there are 4 ships targeting it with emp, two of which are t1, all of which make ally defense time.

While there are also 4 emp ships targeting FR, Only two can make ally travel time, and neither target fr t1.
steveopotamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2011, 09:00   #161
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3k View Post
On a FR/DE strat there'd be no cath/emp ships, so a fi/co strat of xan/cath would land on anyone. Sure, there could be cross-def vsh ingal but there was no ship that could defend against fi/co on the alliance eta. Basically making ter/etd/xan/zik fr/de strat overly vulnerable to lolwaves and fleetcatches.

His goal was to make every race/metaclass viable, and leaving both CR/BS and FR/DE strategies without an in-alliance anti-FI/CO ship made each strat excessively vulnerable to being raped.

I can understand the CR/BS part, but why on earth would a player forting FR/DE build phoenix? the whole point of forting FR/DE is that you put all your value in those meta classes so that you are hard to roid, you don't waste resources putting it into an off-class ship. If you don't have an alliance eta anti fi/co, then so be it, thats the choice you make....
Ultores
Unread 22 Dec 2011, 09:04   #162
Colt
Mercenary

Quote:
Colt, Before the change to the Ghost it would have left ter with:
Phoenix init 4 anti fi/co(faster than all fi/co that can fire back)
Drake init 5 anti fr( Faster than all Fr that can fire back)
Wyvren init 5 anti fr/de ( faster than all fr/de that can fire back)

And I was not ready to commit to all 3 of there meta classes being that strong. So I had to nerf one of them a bit. So i decided instead of dropping drakes init to instead just make Ghost fire before it the way i had it originally, except this time i dropped the eff on the ghost both a/c and d/c so its not nearly as good as it once was.
Maybei am wrong, but im pretty sure the phoenix wasnt originally init4 anti fi/co. I seem to remember it being an init7 ship....
Ultores
Unread 22 Dec 2011, 09:21   #163
Colt
Mercenary

Quote:
As for Ter De, it may not have as many attack openings as it once did but it does still have solo attack openings. Zik(Fi/fr/cr(with not massed pirates)) Cat Bs(as it targets at t2 and not as effective) Cat Co even because of the value ratio of De:Co,
With Etd De team up they can attack, xan fi, Ter cr/De and Etd bs/co.
So if you dont think that Ter De is good prove to me what other fleet can attack that well.

xan Fr certainly can not. Xan fr can attack Cat Co, Xan Fi, and with the right fleet make up can attack both Ter De and Etd De. So please do some calcs before you bring me a bullshit response about how I made Ter too weak. As it stands they are STILL the strongest fleet out there. So more tweaking to be done.
Uhm, Anyone can attack cath, so that point is moot. Basically solo all they can attack is Zik, is what your saying? Whereas Xan fr can attack Xan (fi/fr) Etd (de/bs), Ter (de) and Zik (fr/cr) solo.....

EDIT: I've just noticed you've now changed the init of the Spirit from 4 to 6 so Xan fi is now out of xan fr solo options
Ultores
Unread 22 Dec 2011, 19:08   #164
Tiamat101

So some of you may have noticed some stats changes, most of which were me just testing some idea. However I am reasonably sure I am going to keep the stats as they are for now. I changed the spirit to init 5 and the phantom to init 4. This is something that I overall wanted to avoid but in light of recent events i think making the phoenix and the phantom the same init is an ok change, As t2 v t1.
Unread 23 Dec 2011, 02:46   #165
t3k
The Video Guy

Ridiculous. Should have stopped at the two changes to the terran. You've taken a bad set of stats, taken one step forwards in addressing the overall balance issues, then taken 8 steps back again by basically countering the changes you made. You're not really showing any kind of "understanding" of stats whatsoever. It takes more than just a working comprehension of a battlecalc to understand the importance of statmaking and unfortunately you just don't have what it takes.
Unread 23 Dec 2011, 03:59   #166
Tiamat101

There is no such thing as a set of stats that makes everyone happy. For now I am happy with the stats as they are. Tbh the Phoenix was messing up everything and I might just revert it back to way it was.
Unread 23 Dec 2011, 07:40   #167
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Then just dont have the phoenix - just change it to a FR class ship targetting DE with a mediocre int or something...

Why does Terran have 2 eta 7 ships when it has no eta 7 pods and no way of getting them
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2011, 09:46   #168
Tiamat101

I liked that Idea better for fixing the Ter Problem. While still keeping to t3k's suggestion. I moved the Phoenix to a Fr that targets De/Cr at low init, and the Harpy is now a Co that shoots Fi/Co at a slow init as well. I also switched the targeting on the Pegasus to Co/Fi So they can attack into Etd Co pretty well And since the Phoenix fires at the centaur before it, etd with low value'd De becomes a nice target to attakc with high valued phoenix.

Ter are fixed now. They still have an ally eta anti fi/co, a strong(and not overpowered) De fleet, and an offensive heavy Cr fleet.

Xan Are not longer gimped as much. They are still weak to Drakes and Emp+ anything really. But thats usually how it goes.
Unread 23 Dec 2011, 17:16   #169
Killeah
Old Skool

What seemed to be quite attack oriented stats have begun to look, tiresome and defensive.

Itīs a shame as it prevents lands overall, and the factor of gaining roids and xp when wars are fought.

let me illustrate:

Etd DE - canīt land anywhere - Solo

IF:
ter builds phoenix
xan builds ghosts
zik builds cutters
etd builds centaurs
cath builds vipers (and even the anyone can roid cath doesnīt apply here as the numbers you need to outmanouver T1 DE viper - uni eta -1 on DE is too silly to even make a calc of)

And I know you will say oh but a teamup with TER DE they can attack everything, correct - but that is irrelevant for this post.

I would like you to get back to your original idea about every roiding fleet being able to attack atleast 1 race (that isnīt cath).

so go through zik/ter/etd/xan again please - find 1 race for each of their fleets where they can land without having Init against them.

it would do three things.

1. Leave players who solo a fair chance to do so, without the help of a big and facy ally strat and available teamups

2. Give allies a wider range of offensive actions when warring other allies (draining fleets on targets that canīt selfcover etc.)

3. in overall endorse an attack oriented way of playing, where change of roids are more dominant than keeping them (that is imo the most fun way of playing PA)

if you donīt think itīs worth it fair enough, I would like an argumented response of why though
Unread 23 Dec 2011, 18:51   #170
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

vuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to all

After 44 rounds why on earth are people still making stats, why not just adjust a few of the older ones which actually worked well?

H-A ODDR Apprime xVx VisioN HEROES Ultores
vuLgAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2011, 19:28   #171
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Because it is easier to pretend changing the stats keeps the game interesting than it is to actually make the game interesting.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2011, 19:37   #172
Tiamat101

Phoenix -> init 9
Bomber -> init 7
Centaur -> init 8

Etd can now attack into Ter De and possibly into ter Cr with the right fleet composition. They can also attack into Zik Cr possibly and all Fi/Co planet.

Ter retain there ability to attack zik. Zik still attack Cath with relative ease. Cath still stomp over Xan, and Xan can roid etd with anything but fi Vs De.

So the solo attack options have all been restored.
Unread 23 Dec 2011, 20:11   #173
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

And the Phoenix is back to useless.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2011, 20:25   #174
Tiamat101

No Phoenix is still a good def ship when paired with other Fr or Emp. Not every ship has to have faster init and high damage to be good. Like i've said many times ter don't need anymore help they are already too good.
Unread 23 Dec 2011, 20:45   #175
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Quote:
Not every ship has to have faster init and high damage to be good.
But having neither often means it's bad.

I never said Ter was bad, either, just that the Phoenix is a waste of space as it is. Only situation I can think of where it's usable is for a scanner in a Xan alliance...
Unread 23 Dec 2011, 21:07   #176
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

The problem Tia has is with his stance on not having same targetting ships

Thats why the ships he has struggled to incoporate have been the nix and the scarab.

With Etd/Zik you can hide the spare ship in the fact they can have 3 roiding fleets by stealing fi/co pods

With xan they are weak overall so having a third backwards class fi/co and fr/de ship kind of helps with roiding/deffing

The same kind of applies to Cat as you can make the spare ship a 'kill ship' which gives its special uses in fleet setups

His stance falls down with Terran as it doesnt have a 'special ability' as a race (cloak, steal, emp). Everything is kill and normally the spare ship would be lost in an backwards class cr/bs ship that targets itself - but he cant do that and is therefore struggling.

The best he could do is make the Nix FR class and make it mediocre - i agree the int is a little high but apart from that its not that bad and so what if its not used - its just a solution to an ongoing problem - it hasnt really made Terran weaker or stronger so its solved in my eyes
Unread 23 Dec 2011, 21:13   #177
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

That sounded like a complete load of crap to me. Is that a problem on my end or what?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2011, 21:27   #178
Killeah
Old Skool

partly, however it was explained in rather abrupt sentences.

In general the stats with no same class ship hitting eachother on T1 - limits the range of use - and in effect limits the amount of useful ships each race needs

which is why 2-4 of the current ships on the stats could be left out entirely as noone albeit a selected and unfortunate few is going to build them.

I guess that was kais point atleast.
Unread 23 Dec 2011, 21:34   #179
Patrikc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
so what if its not used
Options.

If you want perfectly balanced stats, we might as well stop at rock paper scissors. But that'd be boring.

I think I understood the rest of your post, though. Basically, Ter suffers from 6-ship syndrome - you have 3 in fr/de that target everything, and two cr/bs ships complemented by a fi/co targeting fi/co. Any other ship is often obsolete, and forcing Ter to build a 4th ship could ever hurt their viability a lot.
Unread 23 Dec 2011, 22:03   #180
Tiamat101

In that case i could just remove 1 ship from every race.
Phoenix/Scarab/Corsair/Tycoon/Revenant.

Change as a result of this:
Cutlass fi-Co T1-Fi T2-Co
Pillager co-Fi T1-co-T2 De
Banshee T3- Fi

Suggestions? Comments?

Those being said, I think the stats are fine as is, yes the phoenix/scarab are not that usefull of ships and will likely not get built that often. However they are an option for people to use. If they litterally had no purpose then i'd prolly remove them. But the Scarab can be used in Cath/Etd bs forts that use De for anti fi/co. And the phoenix is viable def option when teamed with Ghosts/cutters. It also can be a semi effective def ship vs zik cr as it still fire before it and has pretty good armor.
Unread 23 Dec 2011, 22:36   #181
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:

I think I understood the rest of your post, though. Basically, Ter suffers from 6-ship syndrome - you have 3 in fr/de that target everything, and two cr/bs ships complemented by a fi/co targeting fi/co. Any other ship is often obsolete, and forcing Ter to build a 4th ship could ever hurt their viability a lot.
Yes you worded it better than me, thank you.

There is technically no point in building the phoenix as all it does it dilute your de ships strength (the fact they are all the same class and flak for each other) without gaining anything from it, as they target everything between them.

But as Tia said they are a useful compliment ship for fr based anti de and can help against Zik CR. Maybe they are a ship that could be used by a defensive Terran ampwhore in a FR based alliance??

An option maybe...

At the end of the day most players will attempt to go for the '3 ship build' which means lots of ships will go unused depending on how diverse the universe is with alliance race strategies...

It just happens to be that the 2 that stand out the most are the scrab and phoenix...

Maybe we could even throw a complete spanner in the works and say why dont you make the phoenix a BS class syren that targets CR t1 only with an int of 5! That will make Terrans have to think about how they set up the amazing CR fleet they have and wether to dilute it with a BS ship....
Unread 23 Dec 2011, 22:38   #182
Patrikc

Quote:
But the Scarab can be used in Cath/Etd bs forts that use De for anti fi/co. And the phoenix is viable def option when teamed with Ghosts/cutters. It also can be a semi effective def ship vs zik cr as it still fire before it and has pretty good armor.
I don't think you should just remove them, maybe not even do anything at all as they don't hurt the stats. But you shouldn't just add a ship because they can be used in a suboptimal/bad strategy.

Cat/Etd Bs 'forts'? If you want to be flooded with Fr/De, sure.
Forcing Ters (who are as good as immune to De) to build Phoenix, just so they can defend Xans/Ziks, rather than making the Xan/Ziks just build more anti-De themselves? Waste of fleets to save minimal resources.

Both highly improbable situations, and the option being there will only bait people into a bad strategy.

Anyway, this is all just nitpicking over a few ships. Overall I think the stats aren't as bad as they're made out to be, I just feel there's a general incoherence to them.
Unread 23 Dec 2011, 22:55   #183
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:

Anyway, this is all just nitpicking over a few ships. Overall I think the stats aren't as bad as they're made out to be, I just feel there's a general incoherence to them.
I agree with Patrikc here, although from a leymans point of veiw ofc.

I look at the stats now and yes there not perfect and there is races/classes i wouldnt go but i do see lots of playable options and i think it will have alliances mulling over what is best rather than straight going for the obvious setup, which whats wanted yes?

It may actually bring a round of genuine variety as everything is technically playable and winnable and that is what PA needs i feel, to make it a level playing field and quite open instead of closed and obvious and over before it starts.....
Unread 23 Dec 2011, 23:52   #184
Killeah
Old Skool

Quote:

Anyway, this is all just nitpicking over a few ships. Overall I think the stats aren't as bad as they're made out to be
agreed, itīs not the first round we see ships on various races that are of limited or no use, with the system laid down on these stats, itīs more or less impossible to avoid.

And I like the diversity, the stats got atm.

still think BS should go on lvl with CR, as any ally going for CR/BS would be silly not to go CR exclusively.
Unread 24 Dec 2011, 00:56   #185
t3k
The Video Guy

Quote:
I think the stats are fine as is
You've been saying "stats are fine as it is" for the last week. Then you keep making changes. How many times have they been finalized, exactly?
Unread 24 Dec 2011, 02:08   #186
Tiamat101

I am Dubbing these Final Baring a Huge oversight. All 5 races have the solo attack options they should, all 6 classes are balanced in a way that i like. Now if we all could start pressuring appocomaster to change salvage then we might have all the round stats figured out with plenty of time for people to figure a strategy.
Unread 24 Dec 2011, 12:28   #187
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Tia if there was an huge oversight someone would have picked up on it already... just call them final and stop fiddling with them.

Bar a moment of sheer brilliance which isnt gonna happen any changes you now makes will only degrade the stats or just shift the problem to another class/race.
Unread 24 Dec 2011, 20:00   #188
Tiamat101

Ok, Appoco has removed the erroneous ship. Stats are now FINAL.

Edit: Switched the Targeting on the Clipper to De/Fr.
Switched to be slightly weaken De by giving cr/bs a T1 De kill/steal ship.

Last edited by Tiamat101; 26 Dec 2011 at 18:02.
Tiamat101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2012, 21:02   #189
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

whats the point in the spectre? seems completely superfluous.
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2012, 23:01   #190
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

http://beta.planetarion.com/bcalc.pl?id=89c0vuhzgncsgfs

cos what survives pwns
Unread 3 Jan 2012, 23:15   #191
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

http://beta.planetarion.com/bcalc.pl?id=0l89c0vuhzgncsg

sure the loses are bigger for deffers, but why waste res on a ships that cant be used to attack? attackers wouldnt land that anyways.

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Unread 3 Jan 2012, 23:15   #192
Reincarnate
ToF

also, -1 eta. so more time to send and easier to fake.

Unread 4 Jan 2012, 05:30   #193
Patrikc

At the very least use equal value, Reincarnate. http://beta.planetarion.com/bcalc.pl?id=mk142pgm1g3jb0v

Spectres = 17k loss, 146k killed
Bombers = 88k loss, 113k killed

(both assuming max salvage)

Spectre get even better the more you get, though they get worse if you start involving Etd Bs.
Unread 4 Jan 2012, 07:47   #194
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
At the very least use equal value, Reincarnate. http://beta.planetarion.com/bcalc.pl?id=mk142pgm1g3jb0v

Spectres = 17k loss, 146k killed
Bombers = 88k loss, 113k killed

(both assuming max salvage)

Spectre get even better the more you get, though they get worse if you start involving Etd Bs.
so basically.. as i said.. what survives pwns!!
Unread 4 Jan 2012, 18:56   #195
Killeah
Old Skool

tbh specs are one of the, imo, working off roid ships in these stats. And the fact that the init isnīt alarmingly low as earlier rounds makes xan a balanced race instead of making a a sure choice - like earlier rounds.

In short - keep it as it is
Unread 4 Jan 2012, 21:13   #196
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Fi/co is playable, DE/Fr is playable, CR?BS is playable... nothing stands out as amazing or awful.

Every class tactic is viable and that is what Tia wanted from his stats, and is what PA needs to stop the boredom and rot of stats bent to one class from stagnating pa round after round.

Heaven forbid you guys might actually have to put some thought into your strategies this round!!! suck it up and get thinking and stop whining ffs the stats are good - leave them alone!
Unread 5 Jan 2012, 01:57   #197
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

I will once again remind posters to the strategy forums that pointless flaming won't be tolerated. By all means disagree with anyone you'd like about the stats but keep the personal BS out of the thread. Thanks.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2012, 03:29   #198
Tiamat101

I hate to agree with Kai but its true. I made these stats with the intent that no one race stands out above the rest, and that no one class stands out above the rest. Each race/strat comes with its own advantages and disadvantages, honestly that's how PA should be.

The recent rounds have been strongly 1 race or 1 meta class dominated, but now that you actually have consequences to your choices I it might help create a bit more active(emphasis on bit) thought.
Unread 5 Jan 2012, 13:56   #199
Killeah
Old Skool

Quote:
The recent rounds have been strongly 1 race or 1 meta class dominated, but now that you actually have consequences to your choices I it might help create a bit more active(emphasis on bit) thought.

I agree (with you and kai - and not hating it even ) - Iīve seen the same agenda on stats for the last 3-4 rounds - it being a mt or st one.

This round actually brings lots of possibilities - especially for ally strat, as each race offers different uni ETA ships (that are worth building - anyway).

So a pure CR/BS or FI/CO ally isnīt pure win (i.e holes in def) . I like the fact that alliance strategy can be altered - so we actually see allies going a certain race/class setup, that suits the gamestats.

Having say two bg's in an ally with a different class/race setup that contemplates the other.

As long as solo lands - and attack options are favorized, Iīm happy - and I do belive itīs being thought of atleast.
Unread 5 Jan 2012, 14:05   #200
Killeah
Old Skool

Now weīre just waiting for a hopefully early confirmation that stats are 100% final - and beta tickers - so we can start some testing.

Iīm personally keen on trying out Ter/zik CR - and xan/zik FR.