User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 17 Jul 2009, 15:19   #101
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough
Re: Apprime

haven't been on AD for long time but the stupidity of this thread
makes me

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2009, 19:59   #102
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

So, what happened today? Did everyone just init roids? I see no red!
Unread 17 Jul 2009, 20:11   #103
Cocteau
Cherry Colored Funk

Cocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k View Post
So, what happened today? Did everyone just init roids? I see no red!
The mega block is still hitting Apprime according the the leaders of that block. But the majority of the memberbase (i.e. 75% of it) of the alliance they're representing, is doing differently.
Really need you

-- My Bloody Valentine
Cocteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2009, 21:09   #104
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Persistance and Consistency don't seem to hold true to blocks any more....
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2009, 02:22   #105
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

there are actually some members that are finding this block retarded.
hitting apprime i can live with, ****ing up yur attacks on nightly basis is ****ing pissing me off.

Anything i say can be blaimed at my sleep deprevation issues

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired

Last edited by HeimdallR; 18 Jul 2009 at 04:04.
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2009, 07:19   #106
Mista

Mista is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeimdallR View Post
there are actually some members that are finding this block retarded.
hitting apprime i can live with, ****ing up yur attacks on nightly basis is ****ing pissing me off.

Anything i say can be blaimed at my sleep deprevation issues
This is where longterm play vs short term play can really come into focus. If the universe doesn't peg app down now then long term growth prospects will be rather bleak.

Also see lok's post.
Mista is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2009, 09:44   #107
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista View Post
This is where longterm play vs short term play can really come into focus. If the universe doesn't peg app down now then long term growth prospects will be rather bleak.

Also see lok's post.
Not really, Its now just a case of how long can Asc hold the block together as its in there main interests to keep it together as long as possible.

It isnt necessarily in CTs/P3nguins or ND's interests to stay with it for the longterm, especially if there members are getting fed up. The situation will get even worse for one of those alliances, when Apprime comes out on the offensive which could destroy alot of there alliances morale and ruin there chances of winning.

Asc arnt playing for your alliances round win, nor do they care. They're holding the block together for there interests not yours. Always remember that.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2009, 09:57   #108
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

The opposite my dear; Asc has little interest in holding a block together as we aint your competitors, if we hadnt done so we would not be your main victims either. We got into this because the others wouldnt, not because we needed apprime dead any more than the others.
Now that Asc is the figurehead of the block tho we need it to succeed, because we have set ourselves up on the firing line in a way we were not before.
This blocking had little to do with our interests in the end all we wanted was an interesting round, its about giving the other top allies a chance, that really does us no good at all.
Unread 18 Jul 2009, 10:07   #109
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B5]Londo View Post
The opposite my dear; Asc has little interest in holding a block together as we aint your competitors, if we hadnt done so we would not be your main victims either. We got into this because the others wouldnt, not because we needed apprime dead any more than the others.
Now that Asc is the figurehead of the block tho we need it to succeed, because we have set ourselves up on the firing line in a way we were not before.
This blocking had little to do with our interests in the end all we wanted was an interesting round, its about giving the other top allies a chance, that really does us no good at all.
Actually, you're mistaken, let me take you back to last page:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
I'm opposing Apprime because they seemed to think that going for our entire alliance with another was the best way of roiding a galaxy they wanted to roid for whatever reason, but couldn't without help. To go postal on our alliance was totally disproportionate - thus we have the situation as it is, and rightly so.

I don't care who wins, but I'm taking part in this war on principle, based on the above. You could have let us get on with our own shit and chilled out - instead you will have to work a bit, get up in the middle of the night on occasion and be generally inconvenienced.
You didnt get into this block for 'noble' reasons, you did it was we starting hitting your main galaxys with other alliances. Now you're holding the block together, as you know if it disbands early.. we'll be coming for you.

Its not in NDs/CTs/P3nguins interests to ruin there alliances morale and chances of winning, to stick up for you.. and do what is politically correct for you. One of those alliances is going to get heavy incomings if this block continues and Apprime goes out on the offensive, its in none of there interests to be that alliance.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Unread 18 Jul 2009, 10:18   #110
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
You didnt get into this block for 'noble' reasons, you did it was we starting hitting your main galaxys with other alliances. Now you're holding the block together, as you know if it disbands early.. we'll be coming for you.
The second part I pretty much said myself, as to the first in the long term you wouldnt have trashed us any more than CT or P3nguins so we had no more interest in it than them from a defensive point of view, and from an offensive point of view they stand to have a chance of winning from it; we clearly do not.

Quote:
Its not in NDs/CTs/P3nguins interests to ruin there alliances morale and chances of winning, to stick up for you..
chances of winning??? without this block they had none to lose.

Quote:
One of those alliances is going to get heavy incomings if this block continues and Apprime goes out on the offensive
That would have come round for them anyway. Additionally they benefit from the reduced incomings inherent in being in the big block as much as they suffer from hard targets.
Unread 18 Jul 2009, 11:01   #111
ATRO

ATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant future

Light, i disagree wholeheartedly, i deem those other alliances to have a hell of a lot more to gain than Asc.

Last edited by ATRO; 18 Jul 2009 at 11:26. Reason: Overly offensive
ATRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2009, 11:10   #112
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

Tbh I don't know who gave you guys the brief that the minute the block breaks we'll go chasing Asc. As far as we're concerned we have bigger fish to fry at the moment.
Unread 18 Jul 2009, 11:18   #113
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Can we please keep up the trend of light's alliance never winning a round
Unread 18 Jul 2009, 11:28   #114
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

Id love that
Unread 18 Jul 2009, 11:31   #115
tobbe

tobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to behold

yeh, me too, so need to kick her from tag

VisioN Forever!
tobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2009, 12:08   #116
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
as you know if it disbands early.. we'll be coming for you.
That's fine.

Quote:
One of those alliances is going to get heavy incomings if this block continues and Apprime goes out on the offensive, its in none of there interests to be that alliance.
Isn't "If we get off the back foot, we'll target someone in the block" counter intuitive? Surely then it's everyone's interest to keep you on the back foot then if that's what you want.

Unread 18 Jul 2009, 12:14   #117
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
Isn't "If we get off the back foot, we'll target someone in the block" counter intuitive? Surely then it's everyone's interest to keep you on the back foot then if that's what you want.
Not at all, Fleets wont be grounded forever no matter what the block does. Its counter intuitive for CT to put themselves in the firing line, securing there own loss. I'm also pretty sure that there members dont want to spend the entire round going for hard roids (and not landing) while also getting heavy incomings night after night from Apprime.

P3nguins defence also seems untested at the moment, so we'll see what they get up to.. as if they become under too much strain could fold like Aud did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post
Can we please keep up the trend of light's alliance never winning a round
One day, my alliance will win!

Last edited by Light; 18 Jul 2009 at 12:28.
Unread 18 Jul 2009, 12:28   #118
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

Quote:
Not at all, Fleets wont be grounded forever no matter what the block does.
Atm all they do is FC big ascs which tbh p3ngins and CT would be happy to see more of
Unread 18 Jul 2009, 12:32   #119
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
Atm all they do is FC big ascs which tbh p3ngins and CT would be happy to see more of
As i said, that wont be the case forever.
Unread 18 Jul 2009, 12:40   #120
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

This is basically a repeat of the last few rounds in terms of 1 ally vs a block of 4/5, its just that now its Apprime in the firing line and Ascendancy controlling the block...just this round the block hasn't given up quite as early due to the Asc'r
Ultores
Unread 18 Jul 2009, 12:43   #121
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Not at all, Fleets wont be grounded forever no matter what the block does. Its counter intuitive for CT to put themselves in the firing line, securing there own loss. I'm also pretty sure that there members dont want to spend the entire round going for hard roids (and not landing) while also getting heavy incomings night after night from Apprime.
LOL

what a shitty way to try and get CT off the block.. threaten someone on AD ?

it worked once when asc did that to ND and apprime is no asc :P
Unread 18 Jul 2009, 12:45   #122
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

besides ftm as I said all the evidence points to apprime aiming at exactly the wrong target, sad tho it is we get smashed in these FCs Asc is less likely to back down from them than others
Unread 18 Jul 2009, 12:45   #123
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by neroon View Post
LOL

what a shitty way to try and get CT off the block.. threaten someone on AD ?

it worked once when asc did that to ND and apprime is no asc :P
Its not a threat, I dont know apprime politics.. Its just pretty clear to anyone who looks at it.. that Apprime wont stay grounded forever and will come out on the offensive eventually. Its also likely that there main targets will be CT or P3nguins, depending on what both of those alliances do in the near future.
Unread 18 Jul 2009, 13:56   #124
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
If someone is gonna beat apprime it sure as hell aint Ascendancy, the best we can do is be a distraction, which is a goal fulfilled by being FCed, even if it is at high cost.
but FC'ing Asc provides a nice morale boost apprime
Unread 18 Jul 2009, 14:09   #125
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

Quote:
but FC'ing Asc provides a nice morale boost apprime
Cant argue with that one; Hardly raises our spirits either, but I dont think it will have an appreciable impact.

EDIT: I should have said UR all CarDi bots U dont have morale to lift!!!!
Unread 18 Jul 2009, 14:29   #126
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Its not a threat, I dont know apprime politics.. Its just pretty clear to anyone who looks at it.. that Apprime wont stay grounded forever and will come out on the offensive eventually. Its also likely that there main targets will be CT or P3nguins, depending on what both of those alliances do in the near future.

It was more or less an ultermatum. Wouldnt call it a threat idd, but was bad peice of propoganda aimed at CT to try and scare them. Its obvious of course Apprime will come for either ourselves or Conspiracy, but in the mean time the more you guys ground fleets and concentrate on defence (i have to say u guys are good with the activity shown in the defence props for that so dont say i never give praise where it is due) the less you will grow in the long run. But how ever, if you do stop grounding your fleets while we keep hitting you, it will therefore be a roid swopping contest. Could be interesting idd. But would your hc take the risk?

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2009, 15:05   #127
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
It was more or less an ultermatum. Wouldnt call it a threat idd, but was bad peice of propoganda aimed at CT to try and scare them. Its obvious of course Apprime will come for either ourselves or Conspiracy, but in the mean time the more you guys ground fleets and concentrate on defence (i have to say u guys are good with the activity shown in the defence props for that so dont say i never give praise where it is due) the less you will grow in the long run. But how ever, if you do stop grounding your fleets while we keep hitting you, it will therefore be a roid swopping contest. Could be interesting idd. But would your hc take the risk?
It wasnt an ultermatum.. Do i seriously need to start posting "this is no an official X post, im just posting my opinions" again at the end of my posts. I got told last round i didnt need to do it, as the forum community wasnt that dumb and could understand they're just my opinions.. seems i got told wrong. I concentrated on talking about CT, as they are currently ranked #2.

take what risk? Apprime cant ground fleets forever.. The HC of Apprime will eventually be forced to go on the offensive and most certainly it will be a roid-swapping contest.. but it wont be very nice for the alliance Apprime decides to hit, especially if they put priority on defending against that alliance as well forcing them to lose roids while struggling to cap them back. I doubt thats a position that CT (or P3nguins) want to place themselves in, if they can avoid it).
Unread 18 Jul 2009, 15:20   #128
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:
It wasnt an ultermatum.. Do i seriously need to start posting "this is no an official X post, im just posting my opinions" again at the end of my posts. I got told last round i didnt need to do it, as the forum community wasnt that dumb and could understand they're just my opinions.. seems i got told wrong. I concentrated on talking about CT, as they are currently ranked #2.

take what risk? Apprime cant ground fleets forever.. The HC of Apprime will eventually be forced to go on the offensive and most certainly it will be a roid-swapping contest.. but it wont be very nice for the alliance Apprime decides to hit, especially if they put priority on defending against that alliance as well forcing them to lose roids while struggling to cap them back. I doubt thats a position that CT (or P3nguins) want to place themselves in, if they can avoid it).

I of course know that Apprime are good, but good enough to stop grounding fleets while been hit by a block, attack one alliance, and still manage to defend themselves enough to keep the roids they might cap? Cardi has already said 'once the block disbands' you wouldnt have the firepower to do both. Not with a block hitting you, no alliance could do that surely. So thats the risk i was reffering too. Sure it would be bad for us or Conspiracy, but if we kept attacking u at the same time we would gain more in the long run. Surely even you can see your holding onto ur roids well atm considering the incoming your getting becuase your grounding fleets? So attacking back to me would be suicide. So therefore your using your 'apinion' on this forum to try and break the block up or at least get either us or CT to stop. Your still strong so....

p3nguin Founder
Unread 18 Jul 2009, 15:29   #129
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
I of course know that Apprime are good, but good enough to stop grounding fleets while been hit by a block, attack one alliance, and still manage to defend themselves enough to keep the roids they might cap? Cardi has already said 'once the block disbands' you wouldnt have the firepower to do both. Not with a block hitting you, no alliance could do that surely. So thats the risk i was reffering too. Sure it would be bad for us or Conspiracy, but if we kept attacking u at the same time we would gain more in the long run. Surely even you can see your holding onto ur roids well atm considering the incoming your getting becuase your grounding fleets? So attacking back to me would be suicide. So therefore your using your 'apinion' on this forum to try and break the block up or at least get either us or CT to stop. Your still strong so....
And how is 'grounding fleets for the entire round' not a huge risk? were already below CT/P3nguins roid count and unless we attack its a certanty that we'll fall further and further behind.

Its not a case of managing to defend ourselves enough to keep the roids we might cap, The block is slowly forcing Apprime into a position where neither Apprime nor the block wants Apprime to go.. Where we have to disregard our roidcount and attack an alliance just for a chance at ending the conflict. Apprime certanly couldnt attack an alliance and defend against the block.. but they could attack an alliance and defend against that alliance, causing massive frustration for them.

You cant back an alliance into a position where they have no chance of winning, then expect them to sit idle while you win. Apprime will strike back eventually, its just a question of strike back at which alliance.
Unread 18 Jul 2009, 15:50   #130
Assassin
PA Ancient

Quote:
And how is 'grounding fleets for the entire round' not a huge risk? were already below CT/P3nguins roid count and unless we attack its a certanty that we'll fall further and further behind.

Its not a case of managing to defend ourselves enough to keep the roids we might cap, The block is slowly forcing Apprime into a position where neither Apprime nor the block wants Apprime to go.. Where we have to disregard our roidcount and attack an alliance just for a chance at ending the conflict. Apprime certanly couldnt attack an alliance and defend against the block.. but they could attack an alliance and defend against that alliance, causing massive frustration for them.

You cant back an alliance into a position where they have no chance of winning, then expect them to sit idle while you win. Apprime will strike back eventually, its just a question of strike back at which alliance.
I dont exactly expect you to sit idle. Hence why i said in my first post to you we (p3nguins) expect you to hit us. Plus the fact cardi told me he would so thats quite a huge hint. But the point is im fed up of seeing people moan about this block and how its saw as 'unfair' on irc. Yes your probably right, you were saw as the main threat, and the universe has (is) doing somthing about it. Now either of course do as your describing, or of course just please tell your members to stop moaning. Your a good alliance no one doubts that hence why you have a block on your ass.

p3nguin Founder
Unread 18 Jul 2009, 15:51   #131
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
I dont exactly expect you to sit idle. Hence why i said in my first post to you we (p3nguins) expect you to hit us. Plus the fact cardi told me he would so thats quite a huge hint.
Cardi says alot of things, the only thing we can be sure of.. is that he will have his vengeance.. in this round or the next!
Unread 18 Jul 2009, 16:11   #132
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt View Post
This is basically a repeat of the last few rounds in terms of 1 ally vs a block of 4/5, its just that now its Apprime in the firing line and Ascendancy controlling the block...just this round the block hasn't given up quite as early due to the Asc'r
I don't think we want to take all the credit for this (well JBG might), there has been good willingness from ct/nd/p3n/ec to hit apprime consistantly, even through different arguements. Obviously asc has not contributed a heck of a lot in the real war effort based on raw number of fleets etc.

Not sure I understand the arguement about asc needing this more than others, no-one in *that big galaxy* are overly involved in politics and we didn't get involved for their sake specificly, nor was it a respons to that galaxy being hit.. but you can keep spinning conspiracy theories I guess If apprime starts playing swap the roid, I know alot of people willing to play! That isn't cardi's or elviz's style at all though, can't see it happening.

<mista> app is way better at using rock fleets then we ever were

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2009, 17:48   #133
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Can't we just lay it to rest? Here, I'll summarize it for you:
-Who's winning? Apprime
-Should p3nguins and CT and ND and Asc hit apprime to stop them from running away with the round? Yes
- Do CT and p3nguins want to be hit by apprime? No
- Do CT and p3nguins understand that at least one of them will eventually get hit by apprime? YES
- Does this mean P3nguins or CT should cower in fear? NO

I haven't got a single roid from apprime this round, but i'll keep trying!!! (Just to let you guys know that the sooner you let me land and get roids, the sooner you'll have me off your backs ... or not.)
Unread 18 Jul 2009, 17:59   #134
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

http://sandmans.co.uk/?p=compare&com...k=&type=values

Funnily enough, over the course of the nights the block has been hitting Apprime, the score gap has not decreased. So much for the "we're not winning" approach.
Unread 18 Jul 2009, 18:20   #135
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
http://sandmans.co.uk/?p=compare&com...k=&type=values

Funnily enough, over the course of the nights the block has been hitting Apprime, the score gap has not decreased. So much for the "we're not winning" approach.
Apprime has maintained the roidlead for most of the nights the blocks existed, so we'd naturally continue to grow. Now that roidlead is lost, we'll start to see the block closing in.

Quote:
Can't we just lay it to rest? Here, I'll summarize it for you:
-Who's winning? Apprime
-Should p3nguins and CT and ND and Asc hit apprime to stop them from running away with the round? Yes
- Do CT and p3nguins want to be hit by apprime? No
- Do CT and p3nguins understand that at least one of them will eventually get hit by apprime? YES
- Does this mean P3nguins or CT should cower in fear? NO
on your first point, ND shouldnt really be in the block.. I'd of thought they'd pull out of the block (still nap'd with it) but go after easy roids to try and close the gap. CT/P3nguins/Asc are good enough to hold back Apprime while they did that, ND shouldnt be fighting a war they dont have to when its in there best interests to back out of it (at least until they catch up, then rejoin it by all means).

and to your cower in fear point? i'd just say that it means that CT and P3nguins (and ND) should be playing there own politics. It may of been beneficial for them to join the block but things change.. There is no point being in the block to fight for someone else to finish #1, especially if you're risking getting targetted.

P3nguins is arguably the stronger and more likely alliance to hold up against Apprime incomings.. so CT should be trying to do what they can to ensure its P3nguins that Apprime targets (while maintaining in the block, or even just fencing).

At the moment, it seems that Asc is controlling all the politics, when each alliance should be looking after there own needs and thinking how they can come out of this block with a win. As things stand, P3nguins will win the round.. so both Apprime and CT need to rethink there strategys to try to ensure they win.

Last edited by Light; 18 Jul 2009 at 18:25.
Unread 18 Jul 2009, 18:40   #136
Hosie
Look its a useless rank.
Stuart's Xtreme Skateboarding Champion

Hosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to all

sorry aprime your playing the whole "we're not winning leave us alone" card far too early.

Try again in a few days.
Hosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2009, 18:41   #137
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hosie View Post
sorry aprime your playing the whole "we're not winning leave us alone" card far too early.

Try again in a few days.
Nobodys said were not winning and leave us alone; Typical Asc propoganda, with no substance.

All thats been said, is that if the current political situation stays the same.. P3nguins are favourite to win, not Apprime or CT.
Unread 18 Jul 2009, 18:47   #138
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Quote:
and to your cower in fear point? i'd just say that it means that CT and P3nguins (and ND) should be playing there own politics. It may of been beneficial for them to join the block but things change.. There is no point being in the block to fight for someone else to finish #1, especially if you're risking getting targetted.
By your own logic, both CT and p3nguins should step out of the block, because "it may not be beneficial to them".
I think any HC in his right mind would take 33% probability of winning the round (because tbh, noone in the block has written Apprime off, and they are still the alliance to beat) over 100% probability of ending #2.

Also, nobody said the idea of the block was to send Apprime back to the stone age. The fact is that the other alliances still have to catch up to the value of Apprimes fleets, and even more to make up for their lack of activity / skill if you will.

So, relax, and take it like a man (or a girl) for a couple more nights, and of course we are all expecting Apprime to do something about the situation, but on the playing field, and not here.
Unread 18 Jul 2009, 18:50   #139
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Nobodys said were not winning and leave us alone; Typical Asc propoganda, with no substance.

All thats been said, is that if the current political situation stays the same.. P3nguins are favourite to win, not Apprime or CT.
This is a post straight out of the r12 1up playbook.

With apprime's activity - if apprime are given breathing space, they'll win - as proved prior to this phase where they massively outroided everybody. If it's a choice of fighting p3ng or app in the endgame, i know which i'd take.
Unread 18 Jul 2009, 18:59   #140
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
With apprime's activity - if apprime are given breathing space, they'll win - as proved prior to this phase where they massively outroided everybody. If it's a choice of fighting p3ng or app in the endgame, i know which i'd take.
So if CT steps out of the block, with P3nguins, ND and Asc still hitting apprime heavily.. That i'd be an easy ride for Apprime to ride for victory?
Unread 18 Jul 2009, 19:05   #141
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
So if CT steps out of the block, with P3nguins, ND and Asc still hitting apprime heavily.. That i'd be an easy ride for Apprime to ride for victory?
Unfortunately that is the state of affairs we have currently. Baffling on the one hand but necessary. I think this state of affairs will have to persist for some time. Who out of "not apprime" winning doesn't really matter at this point.
Unread 18 Jul 2009, 19:05   #142
Colt
Mercenary

Quote:
This is a post straight out of the r12 1up playbook.
You could say that is out of the r30 Asc playbook as we did the same that round too.....
Ultores
Unread 18 Jul 2009, 19:06   #143
ATRO

ATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant future

Quote:
That i'd be an easy ride for Apprime to ride for victory?
Juvenile i know but i giggled.
ATRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2009, 19:23   #144
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt View Post
You could say that is out of the r30 Asc playbook as we did the same that round too.....
It was more the straight forward character assassination followed by the standard "your current position is ridiculous" when objectively it's not. In Ascendancy's case, we were pointing out that actually, we were 60k roids down, over 50% down on the roid leader and thus suffering a massive loss in income and thus value. In the end everyone tried to take us out in a two to three day conflict, and we happened to win it and close out the round, because we played well.
Unread 18 Jul 2009, 19:37   #145
Demort
Anarchy Shadow

Demort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really nice

Your all bananas let's all go in vacation mode and enjoy the sun. EC signed up this round to chill since its summer apprime roided us easily cause we small and couldn't give two monkeys about our roids. Apprime don't have 2 things asc has JBG and LOKKEN both clever individuals which have got asc out of so many messes when blocks happen that's why it won't work for apprime. Apprime have too many players which the pa community like to hunt. Ontop of all this apprime have a good roider base which means if you don't seriously lower apprime they will bounce back very easily and still win round so for ct and the birdy alliance its more beneficial to stay in the block smash apprime into non existence then fight each other as they know fighting each other be an easier battle then trying to fight apprime on a level playing field.

EX

Legion, Fury, Xanadu, Wolfpack, NoS, TSU, LKSAB, Vgn, F-Crew, CT, Insomnia, Angels, VsN, Gross, Osiris, ROCK, XvX, Faceless, Unsullied, Haven, Carisan, RaGe, Carnage, Kittenz and EC

Currently

In ODDR Command
Demort is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2009, 22:27   #146
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I spent an hour trying to come up with a sensible post and was shocked to learn that Demort had beaten me to it.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2009, 22:41   #147
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I spent an hour trying to come up with a sensible post and was shocked to learn that Demort had beaten me to it.
You could clear his post up though, it's kinda hard to read. :\

(and I mean that in a cba-to-read-such-crap-posts kinda way)
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2009, 22:48   #148
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Wisdom is not easily come by.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2009, 22:53   #149
lokken
BlueTuba

It was good apart from the assumption that I do anything of value or indeed that JBG would take anything I say seriously. What we do have is a lot of players who have a good sense of perspective, understand politics and know how to play smart. It is not better than Apprime or other alliances who have put in staggering amounts of activity but it is certainly different. Apprime are winning this round on raw activity and it will take a lot of discipline and concentration to seriously check their progress.

It was very nice of Demort to say that though.
Unread 19 Jul 2009, 02:37   #150
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
You are just flat out wrong here. Don't post shit unless you can back it up.