User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 16 Nov 2005, 20:27   #151
Seed of Chaos
Pr0f3ss10na1 P30n

Seed of Chaos will become famous soon enoughSeed of Chaos will become famous soon enough
Re: Angels vs eXilition - a battle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virall
Predictions? The fact that the piece of paper i wrote my last lot of predictions on has been rolled up and smoked, i'm not the right person to ask. But then, that would simply be boring. So with that in mind, here they are:

1st: 1up
2nd:ND
3rd: Angels
4th eXilition

Analyisis:

1up win by a small amount from ND, who were forced to ally when eXilition crushed Angels in the biggest war in planetarion history. eXilition steamed ahead but were targetted by Angels, who remained neutral and loyal to their cause of retaining the #1 spot, ND +1up who for some reason that i'm just not creative enough to think of, allied. eX got crushed by waves of retals, ND and 1up raced to the finish line whilst Angels were reeling and hurt from the battle with eX.

All of the above takes place in around 48 hours.

I told you i'm rubbish!
lol I have to say that sounds more like what you hope might happen rather than a prediction :P

So angels seem to have lost quite a lot of roids last night whilst exilition roid count stayed roughly the same. What happened last night?? Where did all those angels roids go to?
Unread 16 Nov 2005, 20:53   #152
Incredible
Can i get some green dots

Incredible is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seed of Chaos
lol I have to say that sounds more like what you hope might happen rather than a prediction :P

So angels seem to have lost quite a lot of roids last night whilst exilition roid count stayed roughly the same. What happened last night?? Where did all those angels roids go to?

To EXil, and then Angels and 1up hit EXil, with 1up going thru :xmas:
Incredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2005, 21:40   #153
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

About Ministry in Angels,

yesterday I was happy because all the roids I capped were init roids, while I cheered, others also cheered with me.

That's the level of opposition you face.
Unread 16 Nov 2005, 21:57   #154
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

So the 5000 roids Angels lost, according to sandmans, is just bad luck Theamion?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2005, 22:06   #155
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
No you didn't lose a single roid, me of all pple knows this better then anyone else
Check sandmans, you know my coords, I've been roided this round.
Unread 16 Nov 2005, 22:07   #156
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
So the 5000 roids Angels lost, according to sandmans, is just bad luck Theamion?
I have no clue! I really do not do the whole 'macropolitics' and 'overview' at the moment.
Unread 16 Nov 2005, 22:18   #157
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incredible
To EXil, and then Angels and 1up hit EXil, with 1up going thru :xmas:
If you say it over and over again in your head, you might actually start to believe yourself o_O
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2005, 22:20   #158
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

What happened last night is a success, whoever think i am crazy, can pm me on IRC, and check with me why i think Angels did well last night. Our goal is to make sure exilition wont run away with the #1 position. Of course other alliance can try and sneak in exilition's attack and act as opportunists and steal our roids easily like they did last nights. ( By the way last night was heaviest random incoming).

But as i said to my members and to a lot of people around, this was expected, the same that exilition is being targeted by some of the top5 alliance, we are getting targeted by a lot of random planets because of our roids counts.

What amuse me is that a lot of theses random planets hitting us were supposed to hit somewhere else as their alliances are involved in some war, if they think they will be forgotten in the middle of the chaotic war we have now, they are wrong, everyone will be dealt in the right time, they are just not really our top priority.

Our top priority is to make sure this round doesnt end next week. This will be a hard task and i am not sure what will be the outcome in the next few days and the next week, but i know what will be the results at the end of this round.

And regarding the round 13 events, i wasnt HC at this time, but i can only say one thing (no disrespect to Angels and to their members at this time) and this is my personal opinion. Angels should have break the NAP with a 48 hours notices which should have make this more honorable and at least take on exilition.

But an alliance that doesnt want to win doesnt deserve to win.
Unread 16 Nov 2005, 22:33   #159
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

I just want to take a moment to thank Virall for the fun i've had reading four pages of school-boy attempts at politics + ComradeRob's post. It's been great!

To summarise:

Angels player:
Play down winning prospects, consider good form so far & good morals.

eXilition player:
Not quite so predictable.. Puzzlingly comment on good form.

1up player:
Yes we'll do our best to be up there mid-round, wow look at eX and Angels fly \o/
Unread 16 Nov 2005, 22:34   #160
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I read this thread with interest. So many theories, so many pitches being put out here. This is developing into a pretty good round, much better than the last one at any rate. Quite open as you'ld expect the alliances around to have quite a bit more staying power considering the round is shorter and for the smaller alliances have less pressure and less to lose as they don't have as big a rank to fight for. Although if you hold rank from last round, it's arguable that there is some kind of improvement going on there due to the new alliances that have popped up and the reemergence of Angels and Exilition.

People gawp at 1up's ranking, but to be honest I think they won't be too concerned as the round is far from over, and I believe they've taken a hell of a lot of incoming. Exilition and Angels are in what i'd call a ding dong battle and ND seem to be cruising along in 3rd in solid but perhaps unspectacular fashion.

One of the more interesting battles in my opinion is that the gap between 5th and 11th is actually quite small. VGN's average is pretty impressive, which in my view doesn't rule them out of sneaking up the rankings as the round goes on. I'm also pretty intrigued by Scythe and [BIG] who i've never heard of yet one has a decent ranking and the other has a decent average for people who are really off my radar.

The time where the round is won and lost and where alliances prosper and fall is yet to come, so there is definitely more excitement ahead.

This is almost a logbook entry, but it's too late to start one now, and I have no time for formatting the stats.
Unread 16 Nov 2005, 23:00   #161
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

What amuses me most is the fact that most people look at the roids loss as a major thing during the round. Looking at statistics Angels had far more roids than exil had, thus they had more roids to loose per wave whilst exil planets had less. I dont know where people are getting there theories from, it seemed pretty even on either side. If the roid counts for both alliances were the same im sure you would see a very differnt picture, it was a rather even night, if the roles were reversed im sure you would see a reverse picture, but i guess noone looks into it like that. Remember folks its all maths. Lots of love
Unread 16 Nov 2005, 23:03   #162
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Well i think all last night did show, is that whoever is in at #1, is in for one hell of a thumping.
Unread 16 Nov 2005, 23:19   #163
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alch
What happened last night is a success, whoever think i am crazy, can pm me on IRC, and check with me why i think Angels did well last night.
A few more victories like that pyrrhus and you might be on your way back to Epirus.
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 00:11   #164
Seed of Chaos
Pr0f3ss10na1 P30n

Seed of Chaos will become famous soon enoughSeed of Chaos will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
A few more victories like that pyrrhus and you might be on your way back to Epirus.
hmmm what does that mean...
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 00:18   #165
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

http://ancienthistory.about.com/libr.../blpyrrhus.htm

One thing about JBG, alot of times I learn things from his posts/references ;-)
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 00:48   #166
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Oh damn Fyodor got there first, i wanted to show off my Rome: Total War knowledge
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 00:52   #167
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
How much value did they loose?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 00:56   #168
Seed of Chaos
Pr0f3ss10na1 P30n

and was the xp they gained worth the losses??
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 03:26   #169
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Haha nice

Made me laugh atleast

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 03:45   #170
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyodor
http://ancienthistory.about.com/libr.../blpyrrhus.htm

One thing about JBG, alot of times I learn things from his posts/references ;-)
He's a MOD. The only difference between him and GOD is the letter M, and he's a drunk.

Good round so far though, I should say.

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 13:07   #171
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Well i think all last night did show, is that whoever is in at #1, is in for one hell of a thumping.
yup, though a battle is not played in 1 night (except when you're called Phraktos )

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 13:16   #172
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Surely a battle is one night and a war is the longer term?
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 13:29   #173
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
yup, though a battle is not played in 1 night (except when you're called Phraktos )
more like 14hours I still resent krush deleting as i was about to take his roids at eta 1
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 13:45   #174
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
more like 14hours I still resent krush deleting as i was about to take his roids at eta 1
18 hours to be precise.
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 13:55   #175
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Altho a lot of attacks are still to land, seems 1up were again the winners
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 14:02   #176
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
Ohhh oohhh what did we win this time? Do I get a coockie?
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 14:03   #177
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

This is turning into a good thread to read wanna the more interesting threads i have seen in a while.

I still watching the ld stats while taking a round out and Lokken you did not say anything about subh being up there I aint got a clue who they are and they seem to be doing pretty fine up there with a nice avg outside of the top5 with 60+ members.
But then again I might have missed Subh last round if they where about.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 14:38   #178
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not hard when most of the focus is either on Exi or Angels ... Tbh ND isn't participating in this war hence you're the big winner in the end aswell ...

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 15:08   #179
RiXX
pr0nman

RiXX can only hope to improve

Quote:
Perhaps he wasn't being serious.

This round has been interesting for me, for quite a number of reasons. First of all, the conflict between Angels and eXilition. It has been nice to see an alliance such as Angels put aside loyalties from past rounds and inject a bit of life into the game. I don't think it's unfair to say that they could well have stopped this round from stagnating like the last, with an alliance running away with victory from the start. Angels have earned a lot of respect from me, and from many others in all camps and loyalties. Good going.

Secondly, eXilition have done very well, with their consistently high average impressing everyone and their large roid caps most, if not every night. Having been on the receiving end of a couple of eX fleets, I have to say I was impressed with their attack methods, and when they've been on the receiving end of mine their bluffing

1up is a surprise, as I was expecting there to be another jostle between them and eXilition for the top position. I have to say I don't expect this to be the state of play for the rest of the round, but as each day passes and they remain comfortably in fourth place my confidence wanes. Here's hoping you make a comeback.

As an NDer, I've been pleased with the way we've followed on from our performance last round with a few new ideas in terms of organisation, and an extension of the quality of play from the summer. We've lost a few good people (hi NitinA), but we seem to have coped and consolidated. I'm certain we can continue it through until Christmas, and hopefully close the gap between us and the top two some more.

Insomnia seem to have been fairly quiet this round, but doing well. I hear their defence department is doing a good job, so more kudos for them and I hope to see them a bit more involved as the play begins to heat up.

In the lower end of the top ten, the outbreak of war between TGV and Subh has been entertaining, providing a nice break in the levels of aggression and (paradoxically) hostility recently seen on AD. I hope you have a fun scuffle boys and girls. Nice to see ToF climbing a bit, and xVx/VGN jostling for that spot inside the top ten. I also hope to hear a bit more from LCH, as their presence in the higher end of the table is missed.

So, my predictions for the end of the round. With the dynamic nature of these last few weeks it's become increasingly hard to ascertain a foregone conclusion from the rankings alone, but judging by consistency I'd have to go with the following:

1. Angels
2. eXilition
3. 1up/NewDawn
4. 1up/NewDawn
5. Insomnia.

In the other end of the table, who knows? The Subh/TGV confrontation could boost either alliance's rank at the expense of the other, or perhaps someone else could see a chink in the armour in both and exploit it to push ahead. After all, sympathy does come between shit and syphillis in the dictionary, especially in this game. Exciting times

r7 - noob | r12 - VsN | r13 - VsN | r14 - NewDawn | r15 - InSomnia | r16 - SiN | r17 - InSomnia
RiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 17:13   #180
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
How much value did they loose?
Probably not that much. However a large part of the pyrrhic victory is that rome was able to replace her losses far more easily than pyrrhus was. Losing a large number of roids, which I hear you need to build ships these days, to your enemies is about the closest analogy in PA that I can think of to be honest. Obviously all analogies are imperfect because reality works that way but I found it quite apt.
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 17:27   #181
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXX
As an NDer, I've been pleased with the way we've followed on from our performance last round with a few new ideas in terms of organisation, and an extension of the quality of play from the summer. We've lost a few good people (hi NitinA), but we seem to have coped and consolidated. I'm certain we can continue it through until Christmas, and hopefully close the gap between us and the top two some more.
Yeah, as an ex-ND'er I've been happy to see ND doing so well this round

<3 rixx

-NitinA
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 17:59   #182
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXX
1. Angels
2. eXilition
3. 1up/NewDawn
4. 1up/NewDawn
5. Insomnia.
I have to say, if the round continues as it does at the moment, I find it hard to believe that will come true. If it continues like it does now, I think we get to see both 1up and ND in front of eXi and Angels. Perhaps even Insomnia in front of one of them also.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 18:57   #183
RiXX
pr0nman

RiXX can only hope to improve

Quote:
I have to say, if the round continues as it does at the moment, I find it hard to believe that will come true. If it continues like it does now, I think we get to see both 1up and ND in front of eXi and Angels. Perhaps even Insomnia in front of one of them also.
Really? :/ I don't think that eXi/Angels would cripple each other to such an extent that they lose sight of number one. Besides that, there are still millions of points to make up in between the ranks. Even if eXi/Angels both had particularly brutal nights, and ND/1up had exceptionally fantastic nights, do you not think that the two warring factions might pause for a second and think that maybe their firepower would best be concentrated elsewhere?

r7 - noob | r12 - VsN | r13 - VsN | r14 - NewDawn | r15 - InSomnia | r16 - SiN | r17 - InSomnia
RiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 19:34   #184
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

I think he's just trying to point out that yes, he'd like that battle to end. Just a guess. \o/
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 22:16   #185
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Cant c Angels or ND having the quality to win the round.

They will, however, decide the winner. Either 1up or exi.

GL exi. win this shit for me

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 22:21   #186
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
Either 1up or exi.
Can I have whatever you're on.
1up don' t have a chance in hell of winning the round.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 22:30   #187
jian_yee
PGLee

jian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to beholdjian_yee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi_K
Never Ever look down on your opponenet.

And 1up, i believe have some good players in them (if not alot) and, there is still time to go.
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 22:32   #188
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi_K

honestly, I havent payed attention since saturday, BUT, alot of time left.

1up r imo a better alliance than Angels, and if choosing right sides / right fights, I still think got a chance.

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 22:50   #189
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Probably not that much. However a large part of the pyrrhic victory is that rome was able to replace her losses far more easily than pyrrhus was. Losing a large number of roids, which I hear you need to build ships these days, to your enemies is about the closest analogy in PA that I can think of to be honest. Obviously all analogies are imperfect because reality works that way but I found it quite apt.
Indeed johnny, you understood the question right on spot.
However, in planetarion having a high ratio of roids to value (or more generally, lots of roids) has a severe drawback. It makes you a good target. In a round such as r3, it was no drawback for Legion and Fury becouse they could defend they're roids easily. But in a round like this, with anyone beeing on top beeing the most likely targets, value should mean quite a lot. As you cannot count on having your roids for a long time, loosing alot of value for taking or keeping roids looses some of it's appeal. Conserving your fleet means you will gain a clear advantage in the long run.

And example of this is the top10 planets with less than 500k in value. Quite clearly they will have problems keeping up with the other top10 planets who have 1million in value or more. Not to mention that the moe value you have, the bigger planets will you be able to hit and the more worth to you alliance you are.

The key to this round, as I see it, is:
1) Attack with 2 fleets every night
2) Pick targets where you will loose very little to nick those roids (obvious)
3) Don't loose much when defending
4) Accept that you and your alliance won't be able to hold on to every roid.
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 23:02   #190
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The key to this round, as I see it, is:
1) Attack with 2 fleets every night
2) Pick targets where you will loose very little to nick those roids (obvious)
3) Don't loose much when defending
4) Accept that you and your alliance won't be able to hold on to every roid.

Zhuk, old boy, how is this different from any other round?
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 23:10   #191
Wishmaster
LDK

the fact that winning alliance wont be holding their roids.

I remmeber the good old days without getting incs at all

^^

Quote:
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 23:17   #192
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
If you keep saying it long enough people will just stop noticing ND up there in 3rd with all those roids, honest

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 23:32   #193
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

I'm not saying we don't have a lot of roids, just saying today and yesterday were better days for 1up than anyone else.

Today you were the top gaining alliance, with 3.6k. ND is down in 8th with 1.3k. Alliances such as HR and Orbit gained more than us. Hardly setting the universe alight are we?
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 23:32   #194
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrow|Pony
Zhuk, old boy, how is this different from any other round?
Well, Barrow (old boy), this round is different in one way; the time you can rationaly expect to have your roids is less than many previous rounds. Lets say that is 3 days or 72 ticks. In order for those roids to have "be profitable", you would like to loose less gaining them than the roids produce in those 72 ticks. If you would belive you could hang on to them forever, once you held them, the value of the roids would dramaticly increase and your willingless to loose alot of ship getting them would rocket. What Im writing her applies first and foremost to the top4 alliances: Angels, exi, nd and 1up.

Atleast this theory of cost/benefit made some sense when I took some economics couse a few years ago
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 00:12   #195
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
I'm not saying we don't have a lot of roids, just saying today and yesterday were better days for 1up than anyone else.

Today you were the top gaining alliance, with 3.6k. ND is down in 8th with 1.3k. Alliances such as HR and Orbit gained more than us. Hardly setting the universe alight are we?
Given thet you are currently third on rank and top on roidcount and average roidcount I'd say your mentions of 1up gains over the past two days are more aimed at removing the focus form yourselves and your steady but consistant progess through this round so far. Let's not kid ourselves that you were being pleasant enough to pass a compliment on what a successful couple of days we've had, shall we?

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 00:22   #196
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Im just waiting for mazzelaar to claim copyright money from The Fish regarding that particular method
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 00:28   #197
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Im just waiting for mazzelaar to claim copyright money from The Fish regarding that particular method
Please elaborate.

Quote:
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 00:35   #198
The_Fish
ND

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
Given thet you are currently third on rank and top on roidcount and average roidcount I'd say your mentions of 1up gains over the past two days are more aimed at removing the focus form yourselves and your steady but consistant progess through this round so far. Let's not kid ourselves that you were being pleasant enough to pass a compliment on what a successful couple of days we've had, shall we?
I was merely commenting on how well 1up have done recently.

If I was trying to deflect the 'lite' from ND, that would have been a pretty poor attempt. To see we are top on roids is a pretty simple task, just look at the universe screen. I was just paying you guys a compliment, after a tough start to the round you've had.

If you want to get arsey about it, I won't say anymore nice things about you
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 00:37   #199
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
...... I won't say anymore nice things about you
No-one likes change

Quote:
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 01:59   #200
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Round 15 should'ave been called "The lite shines brite," IMO.

-NitinA
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote