User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 31 Jul 2005, 02:29   #51
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Another 1up Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by furssie
So far since r11 - the best alliance won. I hope it continues to go that way, as it will be awkward for the basic principle of competition if someone who is best looses due to being ganged upon.
So uh ... round 13 was no ganging up?
Unread 31 Jul 2005, 02:33   #52
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about

So if I extract some roids from this bastion of unbeatableness do i get a medal? or even some sarcasme seeds to put on my bun?

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired
-=Zyth=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2005, 02:53   #53
Envious
Ambiguous Anachronism

Envious has a spectacular aura aboutEnvious has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
So uh ... round 13 was no ganging up?
it was but EX still won
Envious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2005, 03:01   #54
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious
it was but EX still won
too true
Unread 31 Jul 2005, 03:04   #55
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Quote:
it was but EX still won
CAN I HEAR YOU SAY LCHEATV?!

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
TheRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2005, 03:34   #56
kappa

kappa is on a distinguished road

stop being so gay
they won ,u cant prove wether they cheated or not and quite frankly no-one cares anymore
do they?
kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2005, 04:08   #57
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
No offense but ... well ... haven't they always gotten the best or one of the best memberbase, lead by a strong command? After 3 rounds this is hardly surprising. What was surprising was their bad start last round ... things are back to normal now.

But yes, I think we should all say 1up already won and that we should mass-block to stop them ... that will surely help the round!!
After last rounds mass blocking...
It would be nice with a none block round atleast for most of the round..
Is why i started playing again... 1up came back and ended the mass blocking and the allready decided rounds before they started. Pa became really boring when u allready knew the outcome based on the blocks formed before the round started.
R4 170:17:3 [Elysium ]
R5 12:10:18 [Elysium ]
R6 25:10:3 [Elysium ]
R7 31:20:2 [Elysium ] / [Adelante ]
R8 45:2:7 [Adelante ] / [Fury ]
R9 13:7:9 [NoS ] / [Lch ]
R9.5 and R10 dunno where [Elysium ]
R11 21:1:6 [1up]
[1up]
Storebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2005, 09:18   #58
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappa
stop being so gay
they won ,u cant prove wether they cheated or not and quite frankly no-one cares anymore
do they?
'LCH, Exilition And ToT'

=LCHEAT.

The A could also be used to represent Angels, for the night or two they took part. It's not saying 'EXilition cheated', it's saying poor 1up (And ND) got ganged up on by a bunch of big bullies who should have just bent over for us one by one*.

\o/

*Yes, I'm well aware of S1NNT, but it was 1up and ND that took nearly all of the incs.

EDIT: 'Another 1up Victory 31 Jul 2005 09:36 stop spreading your propogranda around everyone is aware that exil & co had more hostiles to them'

Please post your nick in future, because you're shit and seem insistant on being shit.

Last edited by Gate; 31 Jul 2005 at 10:26.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2005, 10:04   #59
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve

Quote:
pointless remark. the game is about winning and whoever achieves that is best at it (temporarily at least).
huh? You're not here in r6 i take it - the general opinion for that round, is that the alliance/s that won isnt the best, to some extent also r10. Im not against a jack card variable in PA called 'Politics' but mass blocking or imbalanced block is annoying. But then again, a winner should have overall qualities, but military should have a big weight to prove the universe you deserve a win, instead of having the most friends to pull a 2:1 ratio vs. the enemy.
Unread 31 Jul 2005, 11:38   #60
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storebo
Is why i started playing again... 1up came back and ended the mass blocking and the allready decided rounds before they started. Pa became really boring when u allready knew the outcome based on the blocks formed before the round started.
First of all, I refer to my other post where I state that the post you quoted was nothing but sarcasme and that I'm against blocking asmuch as you are (I think you will realise that if you see at Angels).

Secondly, 1up gets credits for alot of things but NOT that they stopped the mass blocking cause frankly they've played a part in a mass block* (e.g. last round and the round before with ND and co ...) aswell and if there are less mass blocks atm, it"s simply cause there are FAR less members to play against and potential alliances to block with.

* The definition if "mass block" has also changed in the last rounds .. we don't see blocks like we did in r7 etc

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2005, 11:51   #61
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

so 1up has allready won???
/me rolls over and surrenders his roids to the godlike creatures of 1up

i think i'm gonna have fun in r14

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2005, 13:39   #62
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storebo
Ofc 1up would be interested in that, but I agree, it would be ideal if there were only temporary blocks and coordination in order to level the playing field. The problem is, 1up are an astounding alliance. LCH/Angels seem incapable of keeping up at this stage and if 1up keep it up, longer term cooperation will be needed just to balance things up.

Compared to the rest of the alliances playing now, 1up are just too good.

This round will probably be shit if LCH don't get backup and go for 1up...
Unread 31 Jul 2005, 13:56   #63
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
Ofc 1up would be interested in that, but I agree, it would be ideal if there were only temporary blocks and coordination in order to level the playing field. The problem is, 1up are an astounding alliance. LCH/Angels seem incapable of keeping up at this stage and if 1up keep it up, longer term cooperation will be needed just to balance things up.

Compared to the rest of the alliances playing now, 1up are just too good.

This round will probably be shit if LCH don't get backup and go for 1up...
That's just 100% rubbish, saying that 1up is too good. If you really believe that then plz quit playing PA cause there is absolutely no point in playing this game anymore. They are the best atm yes, fair enough. Too good? hardly ...

Funny how I had 4 neg reps on this post (probably from 1up, who else) yet none of them posted his nick behind it ... quite lame yet funny (didn't affect my rep so they probably all have a neg rep)

FA Gaming community

Last edited by Kjeldoran; 1 Aug 2005 at 08:41.
Unread 31 Jul 2005, 14:36   #64
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

hehe i like the way youve merged yet when SiNND merged all hell broke loose. But yeah it appears your doing something right with 1up having just 1.74% roid increase so far.
Unread 31 Jul 2005, 14:54   #65
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

We merged pre round though, not mid round which affected peoples ranks, so its not the same, but this has been talked about too much already and gone over and over in another thread, so no point starting that topic again :<
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2005, 14:58   #66
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligFree
hehe i like the way youve merged yet when SiNND merged all hell broke loose. But yeah it appears your doing something right with 1up having just 1.74% roid increase so far.
Care to give us a chance to land our attacks?

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
TheRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2005, 15:15   #67
MiX
Who cares?

MiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura about

plz stop attacking us, you allready lost etc
MiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2005, 15:57   #68
[ND]Kar

[ND]Kar is just really nice[ND]Kar is just really nice[ND]Kar is just really nice[ND]Kar is just really nice

round is hardly over, and I think if people choose to, there could be a lot of interesting things left in r14
For me
And I'm Feeling Good
[ND]Kar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2005, 16:40   #69
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Zo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
That's just 100% rubbish, saying that 1up is too good. If you really believe that then plz quit playing PA cause there is absolutely no point in playing this game anymore. They are the best atm yes, fair enough. Too good? hardly ...
In terms of comparing 1up to any other single alliance they probably are too good. Luckily compared to two or three they arent quite so good.

So I say, bring on the 1up bashing block before they have the chance to fabricate another block and make their own first. Its definately another alliances turn to win.

"The only easy day was yesterday."
Zo0f is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2005, 17:03   #70
Gate
;D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zo0f
In terms of comparing 1up to any other single alliance they probably are too good. Luckily compared to two or three they arent quite so good.So I say, bring on the 1up bashing block before they have the chance to fabricate another block and make their own first.
1up 'bashing', doesn't sound too good to me. A block that has a fairer chance against 1up sounds great. The sooner the better infact... I'm saying this because alliance wars are far more interesting than one ally storming off ahead.

Quote:
Its definately another alliances turn to win.
You missed the whole EXilition experience?
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 00:35   #71
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligFree
lol ur funny

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 09:45   #72
TheGoaT
Old Timer

TheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to beholdTheGoaT is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

So I say, bring on the 1up bashing block before they have the chance to fabricate another block and make their own first. Its definately another alliances turn to win.
your under the assumption that they dont already have napped alliances. I give them more credit than that.
Round 19-20: Ascendancy
Round 21: Quit
Round 30: Ascendancy
Round 75-81: DLR
TheGoaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 10:28   #73
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

You all suck and we are #1.

ner ner ner ner
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 10:46   #74
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

I would join the attack 1up party...
but I suicided my fleet this morning
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 11:17   #75
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

if only the universe was this enthused when exil was spanking them.
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 11:39   #76
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

out of pure curiosity and with no intention to subtly hint at anything*, how many of LCH are insomniac ?

jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 14:05   #77
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I heard that hirr are preparing for their lemming run now.
Unread 1 Aug 2005, 14:29   #78
coffee-
Beoyotch

coffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nice

ToF for the win!
Unread 2 Aug 2005, 17:47   #79
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnd|One
Speaking with a few people last night on the current status it seems all are looking forward to R15. Wasn't very thrilling news. Could not even detect the slightest "calm before the storm" athmosphere. I do suppose with the heavy hitters of last round (Angels, Ex) being absent, this round lost much of its initial appeal. Taking out LCH or Wolfpack for the win feels like a repeat of past rounds.

If R14 was a movie ticket I'd feel robbed right about now.
Could be a conspiracy movie. Angels and Exilition is still around like puppetmasters in sertain alliances
[1up]
Unread 2 Aug 2005, 18:19   #80
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
out of pure curiosity and with no intention to subtly hint at anything*, how many of LCH are insomniac ?

I think MOST of LCH may have STRONG Tendancies to side with Insomniacs.. In a non agressive way too ofc.

Last edited by Benneh; 2 Aug 2005 at 19:42. Reason: spelling :(
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2005, 18:40   #81
Lokie

Lokie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
In terms of comparing 1up to any other single alliance they probably are too good. Luckily compared to two or three they arent quite so good.

I won`t take part of any block if its up to me. Lets just try and play it block free for once.
I know we are not in top 5 but still we kick ass, we have a fun round so far and i plan to keep having fun for the rest of the round.

ToF all the way.
Unread 2 Aug 2005, 19:22   #82
Gate
;D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokie
I won`t take part of any block if its up to me. Lets just try and play it block free for once.
But block free and 1up win a few weeks into the round, and that's boring o_O

That said, it is the job of the bigger/more capable alliances to do this IMO, and I doubt any of them appreciate suggestions from such small-fry as ND...
Unread 2 Aug 2005, 20:52   #83
Storebo
Adelante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
But block free and 1up win a few weeks into the round, and that's boring o_O

That said, it is the job of the bigger/more capable alliances to do this IMO, and I doubt any of them appreciate suggestions from such small-fry as ND...
Don't worry... the exilition members make sure we get incomings from their new alliances..
[1up]
Unread 2 Aug 2005, 21:13   #84
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Oh well, to quote the newsanker in Masters of Orion 1: Oh well, whats another century under a ruthless tyrant.
Unread 2 Aug 2005, 22:09   #85
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaker
I think MOST of LCH may have STRONG Tendancies to side with Insomniacs.. In a non agressive way too ofc.
Seems they've also got a mythical beast to boot eh?
Unread 2 Aug 2005, 23:56   #86
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Seems they've also got a mythical beast to boot eh?
oh but who doesnt
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 00:42   #87
jerome

me?
Unread 3 Aug 2005, 06:23   #88
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
me?

Who is this noob?

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2005, 22:14   #89
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about

Well this is a pointless thread lol. Very little has happened yet, still most of the round ahead of us. You dispair to quickly
<Zhil> I am HC
<Zhil> I gave myself permission
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Played r4-9.5 r12-14 Now retired.
Proud to have been Cosmic Frostbite (r12 - 22:5 - #1 gal)
Forever [4D] - LCH, ND, Absolute, TFD, DLR
Might and greed will never outweigh honor and loyalty!
Orion Treet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2005, 23:29   #90
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Oh well, to quote the newsanker in Masters of Orion 1: Oh well, whats another century under a ruthless tyrant.
I've only played MoO 2 and 3

EDIT: typo
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 13:29   #91
Mikira

Mikira will become famous soon enoughMikira will become famous soon enough

does it matter i know the game is allianced based is it such a big issue who wins. we play because majoraty who do because there hooked. glad i left for 4 rds i doubt i'll play again PA wise realised why i didnt like PaX, attack attack attack you cannot be tactically astute anymore.join a alliance and attack attack attack.. would you play if there was no news scans, you landed blind. like in rds 1-2 galaxy watching when there lights were on.proper strategy do you take the risk and land. but alas days of real PA went when PaX came along.. zues, fudge, spinner bring them back

end of my bitchyness
rd 6 deus
rd7-10 RaH
rd10 end dragons
rd 14 n00b again
Mikira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 13:36   #92
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikira
does it matter i know the game is allianced based is it such a big issue who wins. we play because majoraty who do because there hooked. glad i left for 4 rds i doubt i'll play again PA wise realised why i didnt like PaX, attack attack attack you cannot be tactically astute anymore.join a alliance and attack attack attack.. would you play if there was no news scans, you landed blind. like in rds 1-2 galaxy watching when there lights were on.proper strategy do you take the risk and land. but alas days of real PA went when PaX came along.. zues, fudge, spinner bring them back

end of my bitchyness

Shutup.
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 13:37   #93
Gate
;D!

Quote:

end of my bitchyness
So you've not played the round properly, and you're dismissing it like that?

Ok.
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 13:45   #94
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

end of my bitchyness
as much as the previous replies were pretty vitriolic, I'd dare say they were correct for simply your straight-forward dismissal of this version of planetarion.

The game is just as tactically demanding as previously, it is possible to fake, to absolutely dumbfound attackers and defenders and the game is probably superior to what it has been now that teething problems with PaX have been ironed out. The switch to a more aggressive style of play is far better because combined with XP, it means that there's far less incentive to lay down and die anymore, and there's far more to play with.
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 13:59   #95
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
does it matter
Yes
Quote:
i know the game is allianced based is it such a big issue who wins.
I'd say so, if you're in any of the top 10 alliances.
Quote:
we play because majoraty who do because there hooked.
Same for any game like this. Most people play more for the community/IRC aspect than the basic game though.
Quote:
glad i left for 4 rds i doubt i'll play again PA wise realised why i didnt like PaX,
PaX has been and gone, I retired in Round 10, came back Round 12 and never looked back
Quote:
attack attack attack you cannot be tactically astute anymore.
You can't attack attack attack, it'll go more attack attack damn no fleet left that's what happens when you're not tactically astute.
Quote:
join a alliance and attack attack attack.. would you play if there was no news scans, you landed blind.
I landed blind two days in a row even though jgps were out (didn't have rl time to get scans), worked one day...boom went my 200 CR the next day
Quote:
like in rds 1-2 galaxy watching when there lights were on.proper strategy do you take the risk and land.
But nowadays there's fake defence, working out what the ships are (no mil scans), hoping, praying, becoming a Mormon in the hope you'll get more roids, etc
Quote:
but alas days of real PA went when PaX came along..
The days of a dying game went when PaX came along. Old PA was dying, without the switch we would no longer have Planetarion.
Quote:
zues, fudge, spinner bring them back
They're all gone. I'm amused you spelt Zeus' name wrong, he would be proud
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 14:52   #96
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
does it matter i know the game is allianced based is it such a big issue who wins.
hilarious post ....

Does it matter who wins? Are you for real? Why you think 1up, lch etc exist? Isn't that the main goal in this game?

Sure you play for fun but purely gamewise, everyone plays to be as best as possible (e.g. trying to win).

FA Gaming community

Unread 8 Aug 2005, 16:22   #97
Mikira

Mikira will become famous soon enoughMikira will become famous soon enough

at least it got you peeps thinking. glad you took time out to demise my thoughts. glad we live in a free society to have free speech. i have no regrets what i have said. as someone pointed out ive been away from the game ..PaX has beened ironed out. i can see that for myself. maybe if i realy took time out i might appreciate it a little better.

like it says in my siggy rd 14 n00b.. (maybe i'll stay a n00b)

my only wish is that the game had more people playing. maybe JOLT could do something to improve the player ratio. without bringing in multies.which was 1big bugbare from PA of old

for those still around enjoy

Mikira.
rd 6 deus
rd7-10 RaH
rd10 end dragons
rd 14 n00b again
Mikira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 16:48   #98
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
at least it got you peeps thinking. glad you took time out to demise my thoughts. glad we live in a free society to have free speech. i have no regrets what i have said. as someone pointed out ive been away from the game ..PaX has beened ironed out. i can see that for myself. maybe if i realy took time out i might appreciate it a little better.

like it says in my siggy rd 14 n00b.. (maybe i'll stay a n00b)

my only wish is that the game had more people playing. maybe JOLT could do something to improve the player ratio. without bringing in multies.which was 1big bugbare from PA of old

for those still around enjoy

Mikira.
Perhaps you could try to persuade some of your old PA friends to come back and try the new game? Every little helps and there's usually a few spare credits floating around

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 16:51   #99
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Mikira: I felt JUST like u in pax untill this round.

I payed my own account and helped others those rounds also, but I thought -what a shit game-

Reason I thought so: I never took the energy to get used to it. To enjoy the new aspects of the game.

I cant say I like all aspects of the game, I hate prelaunching f.ex. And I dont agree with the stats, as if I ever will

BUT, give it a chance. Sit down and look at the stats, play betas and u ll get to love it like me.

I cant remember last round which I enjoyed as much as I am enjoying this round.

Sry for all my whining about -new pa- in so many threads b4

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 18:47   #100
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, PA has achieved to put under control what has been the major problem of early PA and other games: Overblocking. Alliance score and size are public for all to see and act upon, thus leading to a longer round, and a game that is far more balanced than it was before. PA has actually been quite succesful at stopping and reversing the trend of players leaving. Nubs have more fun, hardcore alliances can play quite well, there are interesting wars. If only they got stats right for once, this game would be perfect :P