User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 14 Oct 2007, 23:57   #1
dudgae
FAnG BC

dudgae is on a distinguished road
Post some thoughts about r24

the round is nearing its end and as usual we find "most boring round ever e.g." galnames and threats on the boards even we all know that such critc wont help at all. The general purpose of this thread is to collect some ideas what we could possibly change or what we want to see to be changed.

I think we gonna have to face the facts that the PACom is getting smaller and smaller and thus can "owned" by less ppl than ever. Its a fact, that makes it a lot harder for medi-active ppl to enjoy the game.
In general i think there are two motivation to play PA and ofc a mixture inbetween. The first is to just orga some stuff, hang out with m8ts and have a webpage to klick on when you're online. The second is more like orga stuff and enjoy teh triumph. I guess it was never different - just that its harder now to play teh first way which makes it less enjoyable and thus ppl quit.

So how could we increase the ammount of ppl next round??
- free accounts are a nice option but honestly too limited to have success
what about:
+leting them manage population and select goverment,
+keep the resource boni the way it is (its tolerable )
+restricting scans to news or incomming scans (that you can't make an scan acc. of it but newsis are enuff to play on your own)
+"re"introducing a limit, I'd suggest a roid limit as real active player who spent that much time gaming could afford 3Pf for their hobby
+random planet

- community
is the fact why PA exists and the reason most ppl play it. The larger a community is, the less dense it normally is. Thus (at least for me), the galaxy was the most important community i got (exept my BG of cause :P). The current system seem to be splitting galaxys and made a some ppl quit (even with the exile option) as they are stuck inbetween ally and gal. Thus i think and intermediate between a 5ppl buddypack and random gals should exist. A good galaxy, is the easiest way to motivate "n00bs" to start the game and bring back old m8ts to play a round with.
+bringing back priv gals
+extending buddy packs (to about10)
+keep random planets (to about5)
+increas exile coasts

What I like
just the other side *G
- covops (yeh they can be nasty)
gives small planets a posibility slow the bigs ones (if only by binding their pop.)
- no eta-1 for attackers in custer (universe is to small)

cheers
dud

-= n00b r4: 103:14:2 .[Oooomph!] =- x -= r5 bReAk =- x -= r6: 23: 9:7. [nG] =- x -= r7: 26:11:7 .[FAnG] =-

[22:01] <Zeus> id even launch on fury targets at this rate

Last edited by dudgae; 15 Oct 2007 at 00:24.
dudgae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2007, 00:30   #2
hairypalms

hairypalms is a jewel in the roughhairypalms is a jewel in the roughhairypalms is a jewel in the rough
Cool Re: some thoughts about r24

i hear ya man
hairypalms is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2007, 18:52   #3
Oizo

Oizo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: some thoughts about r24

supported =)
Oizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2007, 01:02   #4
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

The main problem I see is: fewer planets. It gets even worse when out of the shrinking universe you have to take : cov opers and def whores (too small to attack).

What I suggest is a right to retal any hostile act:
- if a planet below your bash limit attacks you, you can counter it (as long as the attacker is coming at you)
- if a planet is caught cov oping, it has to pay a ransom to get its agents back (1k each per agent)
Unread 16 Oct 2007, 12:52   #5
dudgae
FAnG BC

dudgae is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Makhil
but these suggestion would strengthen the active or well lets say high score players again and limit the small planets to attack big ones as they ofc would be afraid of beeing retailed.

about covop, well capturing agents would be a bit too expensive but there could be s.th. simillar to salvage.
___
  1. another argument about priv gals could be that that you kinda limit ally gaming.
  2. you could also make the game more dynmic by lowering the tagmembernumber to about 40 or so

-= n00b r4: 103:14:2 .[Oooomph!] =- x -= r5 bReAk =- x -= r6: 23: 9:7. [nG] =- x -= r7: 26:11:7 .[FAnG] =-

[22:01] <Zeus> id even launch on fury targets at this rate
dudgae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2007, 13:08   #6
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudgae
but these suggestion would strengthen the active or well lets say high score players again and limit the small planets to attack big ones as they ofc would be afraid of beeing retailed.
Maybe it's time to forget about bash limit and introduce negative XP...
Unread 16 Oct 2007, 21:12   #7
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

For god's sake Makhil can you please please please start using the search function instead of just spunking out ideas whenever you come up with them?
Unread 16 Oct 2007, 21:22   #8
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
For god's sake Makhil can you please please please start using the search function instead of just spunking out ideas whenever you come up with them?
I think he meant that bash limits as they are now should be removed in favour of having a negative XP system whereby at some point you loose score to attack people, but you are still able to attack them. This is, presumably, because of the tiny universe.

I dont think he was just spruiking a random idea, i think he was referencing an existing idea.

?
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2007, 22:35   #9
paolo
Kwaak

paolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
Maybe it's time to forget about bash limit and introduce negative XP...
I think a game had such an honor system where you started with 100 honor points. When you attack really small players, you lose points and you gain points for bigger players. So far it's simple. But now the consequences:

>50 honor points -> less mining bonus or even less mining (could also be a production/research/construction penalty)
>0 honor points -> you can't attack, but you can still defend.

When you defend, you gain some points and every x ticks you also get a point. This way attacking small planets is actually bad for you, not just bad for the game. It will add some tactic to the game. For example, one can spend all his res to remove the attacking ability of another planet

I don't think it's really hard to implement and there should be a better and thought through penalty system, but it adds tactics to the game, not just a limited number of people one can attack.

Discuss
paolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2007, 02:02   #10
Makhil

Thanks UN you put it far better and more calmly that I would have.

Paolo your suggestion is worth thinking about (nah... I won't tell you it has been suggested before and that you should have digged that post with the search function...).
Unread 17 Oct 2007, 18:16   #11
paolo
Kwaak

paolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
Thanks UN you put it far better and more calmly that I would have.

Paolo your suggestion is worth thinking about (nah... I won't tell you it has been suggested before and that you should have digged that post with the search function...).
I know that, but nothing has been done with it since. And I couldn't find it in the FAF or Suggestion Status thread, so brought it up again.
paolo is offline   Reply With Quote