User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 10 Oct 2007, 09:39   #1
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Round 23, the most boring round ever?

With eXi now 72 millions ahead of second place and not much going on in the universe I feel R23 sails up as one of the worst and least entertaining rounds ever. With 1600 planets (of whom barely 1200 is somewhat active) this is also the lowest count we've had ever.

Now, I'm sure some can say that the round was fun on an individual level, but I think that the game evolves around the alliances, and the alliances this round did an piss poor effort.

Im sure it doesnt help when there isnt any viable alternative to fight eXi or that only 3 alliances managed to fill their alliance up to 70 (lower alliance limits ahoy!).

Is this the best PA can get, is it impossible to improve it beyond this cheesy round where eXi is the only real alliance giving it an effort?
Unread 10 Oct 2007, 09:44   #2
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Round 23, the most boring round ever?

Given the current game mechanics i think this might be the best PA can get. With few players still willing to spend alot of time organizing groups of players (HC / MO), most alliances rely on the value/score accumulating ability of their players. Gather the best (to fill your tag), and you're most likely to win. This round is more of an exception due to eXi having the combination of both good score accumulating players, and an exceptional command team, thus an easy win.

edit: imo a serious problem is that fighting hard isn't rewarded as much as it should. It is quite interesting that not doing much on the political level (and just galraiding etc), can still quite easily give you a 'secure' top spot in the ranking -> why work hard if you can achieve the same in a relaxed manner?
Unread 10 Oct 2007, 11:20   #3
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

Kargool, there are very few people willing to step up to do officer work. How do you think lower alliance limits will make it any better? Who's going to organize all the stuff for all the several smaller alliances? For once this is a serious question.

edit: I'm actually questioning if alliances are needed at all anymore.
Hude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2007, 11:56   #4
OneColourRed

OneColourRed is a jewel in the roughOneColourRed is a jewel in the roughOneColourRed is a jewel in the roughOneColourRed is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hude
Kargool, there are very few people willing to step up to do officer work. How do you think lower alliance limits will make it any better? Who's going to organize all the stuff for all the several smaller alliances? For once this is a serious question.

I've thought for a while now that the way forward for Planetarion might be to get rid of alliances in their current form and perhaps modify the galaxy structure to force that to be a persons' alliance. Wheter this involves increasing galaxy size and bringing back private galaxies i'm not sure. Might not work but hey, PA isnt going far in its current form.
OneColourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2007, 12:33   #5
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hude
No.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2007, 17:41   #6
HeLLsHinE
Templar for life

HeLLsHinE is an unknown quantity at this point

why u all don't see the main problem ?
ppl refuse to pay for a game that isn't worth it anymore (or ever was).

There are so many similar FREE Browsergames out there, maybe too many but still free ones are growing while p2p games are dieing.

i think this is the main problem of pa. if admins or jolt dosen't change this there won't be many other rounds of pa.
HeLLsHinE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2007, 17:52   #7
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute

as an answer to kargool's question, this is indeed the most boring round i have played (while actually putting in some effort), so boring that i decided mid round it's not worth it and simply quit.
i am curios as to when exactly jolt will stop making a profit out of it and decide to drop the whole project.
Unread 10 Oct 2007, 18:14   #8
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLLsHinE
why u all don't see the main problem ?
ppl refuse to pay for a game that isn't worth it anymore (or ever was).

There are so many similar FREE Browsergames out there, maybe too many but still free ones are growing while p2p games are dieing.

i think this is the main problem of pa. if admins or jolt dosen't change this there won't be many other rounds of pa.
Even if PA would be free I would not sign up for it because it's game mechanics simply are broken. It does not function anymore. The question whether it will be p2p or not can safely be ignored in this case.
Unread 10 Oct 2007, 18:15   #9
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

That other game is free, and it has even less players than PA. So much for the free vs pay argument.
Unread 10 Oct 2007, 18:37   #10
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

That other game is also ten times more shit that Planetarion.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2007, 22:54   #11
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

your all complete idiots in my opinion

oooooooh noooooooooooooooeeeeeeeeessssssssssss 1.6k players 1.5k player back to 1.6k player then down to 1.5k players pa is dying noooooooooo noooooooooooooooooooo

for god sakes please sort your lifes out

while you lot are here to moan and iam here to laugh PA will exist and people will play it, saying its dying etc if your pathetic excuses for another dire round

PA aint dying it has over 1k players who are playing and iam sure most pay to play it has a decent playerbabse to keep jolt in business and keep pa team busy and it aint gonna be dropping soon, so what if a few people leave a round, dribbles and drabbles of friends etc are always joining, i think u lot should shut up whinging and play the game you spend so much time playing, with enthusasim and to try to recieve maximum enjoyment for a game we all love

well thats just how i see it anyways..

pa will be around for a long time, trust me.

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Oct 2007, 00:27   #12
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
but I think that the game evolves around the alliances
then you aint in the know for this rd

here's a hint vs are targeting someone tonight and they have exi's help cause they need it

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Oct 2007, 00:57   #13
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

what's wrong with that
Unread 11 Oct 2007, 01:08   #14
Bubert Samson
Come Closer, I Have Candy

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough

For more rounds than I can think of that eXi has played, I always see that one thread (at least) about how, once again, they have run away with the round because they usually do.

This round has been no different from most of the others I have played in that there was an attempt at a resistance to stop eXi from winning early and it fell apart, we watch it happen over and over again and this is the prime example of history repeating itself because no one bothers to remember it.

All I want to see is one time where that aforementioned block actually succeeds, not because I have anything against eXilition, I have a deep respect for them and what they have accomplished, but because I need to have my hope restored for the HCs of all those other alliances. Hope that they can actually not act like children and accomplish something like an adult.

[ROCK] || Conspiracy Theory || Ascendancy

Rounds Played: 3-9 16-19 23-33

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Bubert Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Oct 2007, 20:28   #15
Digiscent
KiLLa

Digiscent is infamous around these partsDigiscent is infamous around these parts

pa's been dying for years....
R4:Oh to be A Pepsi Bottle(285:19)[Bluetubas][Pepsi]#6
R5:Lothlórien (28:16)[Wolfpack]#58
R6: (17:2)[NoS]
R7: (9:25)[NoS][Pepsi]
R9: (49:1)[Seraphim]
R9.5:[LDK] [S] [Oly] [Ely] [ETY](30:8)[Seraphim]#10
R19:Sexy Mandolin(1:5)[TGV]#7
R22:The Dutchmaster of Tallahassee(18:10:4)[ROCK]#111
R23:TheKing of Kush(12:2:4)[ROCK]#69
R24:Thoughts of Murder(6:7:1)[ROCK]#65
R26:President Obama of Yes We Can(4:3:9)[Jenova]#200
R30:President Obama of The United States (1:4:15)[CT]
Digiscent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Oct 2007, 20:33   #16
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Round 5 was worse than anything ever and if you can't see that then you haven't played long enough or have too short a memory. I think one alliance winning because they are better than everyone else is far more entertaining than 5 alliances just swamping the opposition and making it game over.
Unread 11 Oct 2007, 22:08   #17
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

Why is it boring?
Its up to everybody himself to have fun!
If you stick to allyattacks only and just pick given/scanned targets.....launch....look at given scans....recalll....well.....what fun do you expect?

Try something else, play the way you think that will give you some fun.

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Oct 2007, 22:17   #18
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Round 5 was worse than anything ever and if you can't see that then you haven't played long enough or have too short a memory. I think one alliance winning because they are better than everyone else is far more entertaining than 5 alliances just swamping the opposition and making it game over.
And do not forget about round 9.
Unread 11 Oct 2007, 22:34   #19
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
And do not forget about round 9.
I think Lokken is mistaken, I've never agreed with him that Round 5 was an extremely bad round. It was supposed to be the 'new powers' vs the 'old powers' after all and I feel Lokken always cheapens the victory that Furgion got, especially as I know from a Fury side of things it took a hell of a lot of work to do.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Oct 2007, 23:18   #20
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
I think Lokken is mistaken, I've never agreed with him that Round 5 was an extremely bad round. It was supposed to be the 'new powers' vs the 'old powers' after all and I feel Lokken always cheapens the victory that Furgion got, especially as I know from a Fury side of things it took a hell of a lot of work to do.
Was it a cheap victory? I don't think any victory in this game is cheap given the hours required, unless you are Ascendancy, but that's our niche. Was it easy? Yes. Was it boring? Yes. This is all I am talking about. Any round where a winning block cannibalises itself to keep itself entertained must be pretty terrible. For a number of reasons (none of them to do with being cannibalised, as Fury and Legion had no reason to do this), we were best off walking away when we did. There's no point playing the way we were, because quite honestly it wasn't a challenge and it wasn't interesting.

The opposition was outnumbered, we had a defence cooperation agreement that was unbelievably efficient (and didn't involve cheating) meaning we near always held roids and it was highly unlikely that Fury would turn on Legion. Apart from the creation of a defence system that really only DC's like me care about (because to most people defence is pretty ****ing boring), there's not much that kept me interested. Round 7 was marginally better, simply because Titans and Ministry throwing a spaz at 1:10 when we'd done absolutely nothing whatsoever to get planets deleted was absolutely ****ing hilarious.

Last edited by lokken; 11 Oct 2007 at 23:24.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2007, 00:36   #21
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Lokken so when ascendancy won, you never launched recalled? you never checked jpgs? you never logged in 5+ times a day?

your full of useless crud....

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2007, 00:50   #22
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold

Boring. Can't say it.
It all depends from what corner you look it.
I started to play around PT650, and i have had some fun during the few ticks
Unread 12 Oct 2007, 08:48   #23
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Wasnt most of round 2 and most of round 3 extremely boring too?

Certainly got that way for the triad.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2007, 09:18   #24
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

lol. R5 was one of the most boring rounds ever. NoCex got wiped out in no time since they were outnumbered, and NoS crumbled fast. Wasn't really much of a challenge for Furgion. Makes it 5 vs. 2, and Cell weren't among the top of those 7 alliances. And weren't ViruS also helping out Fury?

Then again, unless they could control it of course, Furgion never had the balls to walk into a round unallied, and correct me if I'm wrong, Furgion basically never had the balls to fight each other (except r4?). My favorite was when they skrewed each others allies instead.
Served Ely right that round to get fked over like that though.
Unread 13 Oct 2007, 20:07   #25
Digiscent
KiLLa

Digiscent is infamous around these partsDigiscent is infamous around these parts

The reality is Exi just R Kelly'd the whole uni, and u all should feel disrespected...running around like roaches....
worst part is everyone sitting around..in a wargame
R4:Oh to be A Pepsi Bottle(285:19)[Bluetubas][Pepsi]#6
R5:Lothlórien (28:16)[Wolfpack]#58
R6: (17:2)[NoS]
R7: (9:25)[NoS][Pepsi]
R9: (49:1)[Seraphim]
R9.5:[LDK] [S] [Oly] [Ely] [ETY](30:8)[Seraphim]#10
R19:Sexy Mandolin(1:5)[TGV]#7
R22:The Dutchmaster of Tallahassee(18:10:4)[ROCK]#111
R23:TheKing of Kush(12:2:4)[ROCK]#69
R24:Thoughts of Murder(6:7:1)[ROCK]#65
R26:President Obama of Yes We Can(4:3:9)[Jenova]#200
R30:President Obama of The United States (1:4:15)[CT]

Last edited by Digiscent; 13 Oct 2007 at 20:36.
Digiscent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2007, 20:12   #26
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buly
lol. R5 was one of the most boring rounds ever. NoCex got wiped out in no time since they were outnumbered, and NoS crumbled fast. Wasn't really much of a challenge for Furgion. Makes it 5 vs. 2, and Cell weren't among the top of those 7 alliances. And weren't ViruS also helping out Fury?

Then again, unless they could control it of course, Furgion never had the balls to walk into a round unallied, and correct me if I'm wrong, Furgion basically never had the balls to fight each other (except r4?). My favorite was when they skrewed each others allies instead.
Served Ely right that round to get fked over like that though.
Hardly my fault that this happened.

Furgion, as you recall in r5 had Fury who had suffered majorly in r4 from Sid's lack of presence and resultant almost-collapse. Lokken will however say many people underestimated Post-r4 Fury. Legion on the other hand had achieved a win, yet were overshadowed by their allies - many believing Legion to be a former shadow of itself (including that of Fury people). Xanadu and NoS were the 'new' big ones.

It is however ironic that a win for Fury in r4 would have yielded a better r5. (As Fury would not have existed)

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 14 Oct 2007, 13:39   #27
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Hardly my fault that this happened.

Furgion, as you recall in r5 had Fury who had suffered majorly in r4 from Sid's lack of presence and resultant almost-collapse. Lokken will however say many people underestimated Post-r4 Fury. Legion on the other hand had achieved a win, yet were overshadowed by their allies - many believing Legion to be a former shadow of itself (including that of Fury people). Xanadu and NoS were the 'new' big ones.

It is however ironic that a win for Fury in r4 would have yielded a better r5. (As Fury would not have existed)
Well we overestimated r5 xanadu as well. Legion in round 5 were a bit of a joke. Still better than most, but by Legion's standards, poor. After the first couple of weeks of r5 Fury was a bit of a machine.
Unread 14 Oct 2007, 20:55   #28
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Well we overestimated r5 xanadu as well. Legion in round 5 were a bit of a joke. Still better than most, but by Legion's standards, poor. After the first couple of weeks of r5 Fury was a bit of a machine.
Which you expected :P

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]