User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 10 May 2008, 13:54   #1
Kenny

We shall Stoom them on the beaches

I have, myself, full confidence that if all do their duty, if nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements are made, as they are being made, we shall prove ourselves once again able to defend our home in Denial, to roid out the Stoom of war, and to outlive the menace of tyranny, if necessary for days, if necessary alone.

At any rate, that is what we are going to try to do. That is the resolve of Our Wonderful HC Team - every member of it. That is the will of Denial and the nation.

The Denial Alliance and the NoX Republic, linked together in their cause and in their need, will defend to the death their native soil, aiding each other like good comrades to the utmost of their strength.

Even though large tracts of The Top 10 and many old and famous States have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Stoom and all the odious apparatus of Asc rule, we shall not flag or fail.

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in Space,
we shall roid the the morning and noon,
we shall roid with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Alliance, whatever the cost may be,
we shall fight on the internet,
we shall bicker on the forum sites,
we shall roid in our homes and in our workplace,
we shall roid in our schools;
we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Alliance or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our time in Real Life, armed and guarded by the great outdoors, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, a new game, with all its graphics and playerbase, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.

Last edited by Kenny; 10 May 2008 at 14:00.
Unread 10 May 2008, 13:56   #2
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: We shall Stoom them on the beaches

Would it be wrong for me to move this to RP?
Unread 10 May 2008, 13:58   #3
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

I think that's where the other two went.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2008, 14:04   #4
Kenny

which two? :s
Unread 10 May 2008, 14:08   #5
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

wtf is this? isn't kenny that noob from 1up who didn't know sid? My have you grown.
Unread 10 May 2008, 14:10   #6
Caj
speed demon

Caj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really nice

um Kenny's imagination wandering a wee bit eh ?
Round 20 - Rank 7 - Destiny (Zik)
Round 24 - Rank 2 - Conspiracy (Xan)
Round 28 - Rank 4 - Ascendancy (Xan)
Round 66 - Rank 9 - Ultores (Etd)
Round 83 - Rank 10 - #METOO (Zik)
Round 85 - Rank 3 - QQ (Etd)
Round 89 - Rank 2 - VGN (Zik)
Round 91 - Rank 9 - VGN (Zik)
Caj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2008, 14:21   #7
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

I have to say, Kenny's imagination is just about as entertaining as listening to old Hitler speeches post 1933.
Unread 10 May 2008, 14:24   #8
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny
I have, myself, full confidence that if all do their duty, if nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements are made, as they are being made, we shall prove ourselves once again able to defend our home in Denial, to roid out the Stoom of war, and to outlive the menace of tyranny, if necessary for days, if necessary alone.

At any rate, that is what we are going to try to do. That is the resolve of Our Wonderful HC Team - every member of it. That is the will of Denial and the nation.

The Denial Alliance and the NoX Republic, linked together in their cause and in their need, will defend to the death their native soil, aiding each other like good comrades to the utmost of their strength.

Even though large tracts of The Top 10 and many old and famous States have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Stoom and all the odious apparatus of Asc rule, we shall not flag or fail.

we shall roid with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Alliance, whatever the cost may be,
we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Alliance or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our time in Real Life, armed and guarded by the great outdoors, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, a new game, with all its graphics and playerbase, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.
Well, thank you so much. I am still fired up and ready to go.

You know, a few weeks ago, no one imagined that we'd have accomplished what we did here tonight in Planetarion. No one could have imagined it.

For most of this campaign, we were far behind. We always knew our climb would be steep. But in record numbers, you came out, and you spoke up for change.

And with your voices and your planets, you made it clear that at this moment, in this round, there is something happening in Planetarion.

There is something happening when men and women in Dublin and Tokyo, in London and Oslo, come out in the middle of the night to launch fleets that stretch galaxy after galaxy because they believe in what this game can be.

There is something happening. There's something happening when players who are young in age and in spirit, who've never participated in politics before, turn out in numbers we have never seen because they know in their hearts that this time must be different.

There's something happening when people play not just for the alliance that they belong to, but the hopes that they hold in common.

And whether we are rich or poor, black or white, Latino or Asian, whether we hail from Ascendancy or Conspiracy Theory, Jenova or NewDawn, we are ready to take this game in a fundamentally new direction.

That's what's happening in Planetarion right now; change is what's happening in Planetarion.

You, all of you who are here tonight, all who put so much heart and soul and work into this campaign, you can be the new majority who can lead this game out of a long political darkness.

And, together, we will begin the next great chapter in the Planetarion story, with three words that will ring from coast to coast, from sea to shining sea: Yes, we can.

STOOMTHEREVIVAL approves this message
Unread 10 May 2008, 14:27   #9
Kenny

touché, lokken, touché.
Unread 10 May 2008, 14:27   #10
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
touché, lokken, touché.
I was expecting : I am rubber, you are glue.
Unread 10 May 2008, 14:27   #11
Tearz
Peter Pwn

Tearz will become famous soon enoughTearz will become famous soon enough

Was I the only one expecting a link to a youtube speech?
Tearz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2008, 14:31   #12
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

will a moral victory be claimed by denial because they held such a big lead for so long or is your new motto

"we crash because we care"

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2008, 14:34   #13
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

you guys have HC's? wtf?
Unread 10 May 2008, 14:38   #14
Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo
will a moral victory be claimed by denial because they held such a big lead for so long or is your new motto

"we crash because we care"
I think it's "we crash because we've stopped caring" tbh :P

There is no such thing as a morale victory. There are positives to be taken from the round considering the length of time we were first, but the only 'victory' that counts is 1st place.
Unread 10 May 2008, 14:51   #15
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
I think it's "we crash because we've stopped caring" tbh :P

There is no such thing as a morale victory. There are positives to be taken from the round considering the length of time we were first, but the only 'victory' that counts is 1st place.
WP said the same r13. xVx said the same a couple of rounds ago.
Unread 10 May 2008, 19:31   #16
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!
Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Would it be wrong for me to move this to RP?
Please do, it would make me laugh greatly!

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
LukeyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2008, 21:46   #17
Villeh
Ubi concordia, ibi victor

Villeh is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Of your whole speech it was just this little piece I really noticed.
How you belittle and depreciate NoX's role in Denials "success" this round.

In your honest opinion, was NoX ever considered an equal partner by you, or merely just a piece in the puzzle of your glorious fight for the victory?

* We do not exist *
Villeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2008, 02:39   #18
ElAlan
Muppet

ElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

Thats a very good point, so? was Nox's cause to become second place? Did you need each other and was the need for Denial to go for the win while nox's need was to claim a supposedly easy second place? and was nox basically aiding Denial to first place?

There can be no real other conclusion with an alliance like NoX who do not make even the merest attempt to win a round, they were simply there to be extra fleets/cannon fodder of the winning/might be winning alliance.

Retired.
ElAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2008, 02:58   #19
Bubert Samson
Come Closer, I Have Candy

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough

There is cannon fodder in every war, at least this time it seems that the one who some might consider fodder is doing well and can shut those people up.

and tbh, does it matter if one was fodder? Both alliances worked towards the same ends, one is doing better than the other, but the difference is not dramatic.

lo Kenny btw

[ROCK] || Conspiracy Theory || Ascendancy

Rounds Played: 3-9 16-19 23-33

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Bubert Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2008, 03:39   #20
ElAlan
Muppet

ElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubert Samson
and tbh, does it matter if one was fodder? Both alliances worked towards the same ends, one is doing better than the other, but the difference is not dramatic.
No.. If both were working toward the same end both would have been trying to win the round, Nox clearly were not kthxbye

Retired.
ElAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2008, 04:56   #21
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearz
Was I the only one expecting a link to a youtube speech?
I was expecting/hoping for one too! Alas, i was dissapointed to not see the hyperlink-of-comedy anywhere in this thread .

But then, i recalled the (original?) Denial call-to-arms and Kenny speaking Churchill's words, and i laughed anyway.

I love it. Kenny, keep them coming .

Lokken, who are you quoting/paraphrasing/mimicking? I thought it would have been Martin Luthor King, but its not. Is it something Obama said (or better yet, his pastor ) or something?
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2008, 06:37   #22
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

It's Obama's New Hampshire speach.
Unread 11 May 2008, 10:55   #23
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
I'm trying to work out a melody for that song of yours, but I just can't find one suiting. At least it wasn't that shitty "we shall not be moved"-crap everyone and their kitchen sink sings over in England nowadays
Unread 11 May 2008, 20:50   #24
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
I'm trying to work out a melody for that song of yours, but I just can't find one suiting. At least it wasn't that shitty "we shall not be moved"-crap everyone and their kitchen sink sings over in England nowadays
If you're referring to what you quoted, that isn't a song.

Link.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2008, 13:49   #25
Lichen

Lichen is an unknown quantity at this point

whats so clever about quoting some1 elses speech and changing a few words to make it topical?

RP that way ---->
Lichen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2008, 16:48   #26
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lichen
whats so clever about quoting some1 elses speech and changing a few words to make it topical?
It's called Parody. And it's typically done for humor, such as this case...
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2008, 20:05   #27
Lichen

Lichen is an unknown quantity at this point

thats fair enough. not my cup of tea.
Lichen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2008, 22:37   #28
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

Making those youtube things is so nerdy that it's not even funny. Same thing with being cocky on the internet over some damned internet browsed game that's easy as shit to play if you're rl allows you to be active enough.

My advise.

Get a rl.
Unread 13 May 2008, 01:18   #29
Reese
If not never; then once.

Reese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buly
Making those youtube things is so nerdy that it's not even funny. Same thing with being cocky on the internet over some damned internet browsed game that's easy as shit to play if you're rl allows you to be active enough.

My advise.

Get a rl.
Mean.
Unread 13 May 2008, 11:40   #30
-CP-
SHW

-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

My advise.

Get a rl.
My advice:

Don't present your opinions as truth, cause they are really only your opinions. I love those videos.. Actually laughed out loud.

And by playing this game you should be careful with telling people they are nerdy. People who live in glass houses and all that..
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

SHW, ReBorn, Wolfpack, NoS, Eclipse, Ascendancy
-CP- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 2008, 14:16   #31
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Quote:
Making those youtube things is so nerdy that it's not even funny.
A little over a decade ago, people who used computers were considered to be nerdy as hell. Do you use a computer on a daily basis? Now, though, it's standard. Mabye you're just behind on the technology resouces curve?
[Ascendancy] Member
Retired Since Round 21
Unread 13 May 2008, 15:17   #32
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinA
A little over a decade ago, people who used computers were considered to be nerdy as hell. Do you use a computer on a daily basis? Now, though, it's standard. Mabye you're just behind on the technology resouces curve?
So, by your own admission, being behind the 'technology resources curve' makes you un-nerdy, thus him perceiving something that is presently ahead of the 'technology resources curve' as being nerdy actually is nerdy right up until the time that it isnt. Which means, making youtube video things when its not nerdy to do so (or when its "cool") is perfectly fine and not nerdy, whilst making youtube things when it is still defined as nerdy would mean that you're being a nerd.

What was the argument about btw?
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 2008, 17:23   #33
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
So, by your own admission, being behind the 'technology resources curve' makes you un-nerdy
Actually, he didn't say that.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 2008, 22:51   #34
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -CP-
My advice:

Don't present your opinions as truth, cause they are really only your opinions.
That's nonsense.

This is an internet forum where people express their opinions. They express those opinions in the belief that they represent the truth (as that person sees it).

You should accept that while you might find Kenny's videos hilarious, other people might not. In fact, you're presenting your own opinion as the truth as opposed to his - isn't that exactly what you're (mistakenly) condemning?
Unread 13 May 2008, 23:06   #35
Kenny

Quote:
That's nonsense.

This is an internet forum where people express their opinions. They express those opinions in the belief that they represent the truth (as that person sees it).

You should accept that while you might find Kenny's videos hilarious, other people might not. In fact, you're presenting your own opinion as the truth as opposed to his - isn't that exactly what you're (mistakenly) condemning?
Awesome to be talked about in my absense etc.

And you're wrong furball, buly was stating that "the videos ARE nerdy" or that I was nerdy - I didn't spend too long reading into his post - thus portraying his views as 'fact'. Whereas CP said "he loved the videos", expressing his opinion specifically AS opinion.

'From my understanding' (lol), people arguing on the internet believing what they say to be the unarguable truth is the kind of close-minded ignorance that pollutes society and will eventually lead to us losing our opposable thumbs.
Unread 13 May 2008, 23:15   #36
furball

Quote:
And you're wrong furball, buly was stating that "the videos ARE nerdy" or that I was nerdy - I didn't spend too long reading into his post - thus portraying his views as 'fact'. Whereas CP said "he loved the videos", expressing his opinion specifically AS opinion.
So now to post on the internet you need to preface your own posts with the disclaimer that they're just your opinion? Can't see that happening any day soon.

Quote:
'From my understanding' (lol), people arguing on the internet believing what they say to be the unarguable truth is the kind of close-minded ignorance that pollutes society and will eventually lead to us losing our opposable thumbs.
2 + 2 = 4

Close-minded ignorance man, close-minded ignorance.
Unread 14 May 2008, 07:34   #37
Ceadrath

Ceadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to all

Quote:

http://bp3.blogger.com/_OM9oc9tLHjQ/...00-h/wrong.png

-Cead
Ceadrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2008, 16:09   #38
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

Quote:
2 + 2 = 4
2 + 2 = 5

(for large values of 2)
[Ascendancy] Member
Retired Since Round 21
Unread 14 May 2008, 22:10   #39
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Hey I heard Denial 'won' a FC and still didnt gain score on 'me'! How did that happen Kenny... 2 nights left to stoom them on the beaches eh you worthless piece of shit!

Oh, you leaving Denial doesnt make you any less shit though!
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2008, 22:56   #40
.Disc.

.Disc. is on a distinguished road

Loving how Stoom is so diplomatic

I don't even want to know why Asc changed to the name StoomTheRevival, but with his name replacing Asc it coincides with the big headed front that Asc and Stoom portray!

As for the FC, just a "well done, you knocked our #1 player out of top 10" would of sufficed.

Also the FC hasn't had an effect because its hard for Denial to deal with ND/CT/Jenova incs aswell as Stoom's! and before you go bragging, try getting Stoom to launch 1st wave on Denial planets rather than letting ND take the brunt of the early defence ships so you can have an easier time of it.

ND do make good puppets though it has to be said
.Disc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2008, 23:05   #41
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom
Hey I heard Denial 'won' a FC and still didnt gain score on 'me'! How did that happen Kenny... 2 nights left to stoom them on the beaches eh you worthless piece of shit!

Oh, you leaving Denial doesnt make you any less shit though!
I'd call 3.7mil attacker to 10.6mil defenders losses "won" if thats infact what u were trying to dispute. Reason we didnt gain was because 2 of our "worthless piece of shit" members decided to defend stoom against their own ally on said fleet catch and left before land.

For future reference to other ally HC's, don't let the likes of D3coy or Typhoon anywhere near ur ally. Nearly as big a mistake as letting Kenny have his forum account back before the round ended.

Anyway congrats Ascendancy.
Unread 14 May 2008, 23:06   #42
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Disc.
Loving how Stoom is so diplomatic

I don't even want to know why Asc changed to the name StoomTheRevival, but with his name replacing Asc it coincides with the big headed front that Asc and Stoom portray!

As for the FC, just a "well done, you knocked our #1 player out of top 10" would of sufficed.

Also the FC hasn't had an effect because its hard for Denial to deal with ND/CT/Jenova incs aswell as Stoom's! and before you go bragging, try getting Stoom to launch 1st wave on Denial planets rather than letting ND take the brunt of the early defence ships so you can have an easier time of it.

ND do make good puppets though it has to be said
Oh shut up you moron. Denial sucks ass and you know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX
I'd call 3.7mil attacker to 10.6mil defenders losses "won" if thats infact what u were trying to dispute. Reason we didnt gain was because 2 of our "worthless piece of shit" members decided to defend stoom against their own ally on said fleet catch and left before land.

For future reference to other ally HC's, don't let the likes of D3coy or Typhoon anywhere near ur ally. Nearly as big a mistake as letting Kenny have his forum account back before the round ended.

Anyway congrats Ascendancy.
I indeed tried to call it a win for you guys. Though alot of the def died there was ingal, I think we lost about 2 mln value after salvage.
Unread 14 May 2008, 23:13   #43
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Sandmans says Denial 'lost' the fleetcatch (Den down more than Asc). Wanting to be congratulated for this implies that Denial no longer want/think they can win as an alliance. Is this a fair assessment?

EDIT: It seems I was wrong and the BC actually won. Well played by the BC in that case. On the other hand, the value losses from defence is hilarious. :thup:

It doesn't look like NewDawn are being used as puppets; we tried to win & failed. ND enjoy a good fight and having good targets to hit. The alternative is to sit around doing nothing, and I think ND will gain enjoyment from helping defeat their round-long rivals. Assuming ND want to maximise utility, this is a sensible, self-centred choice.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2008, 23:13   #44
.Disc.

I love the way how you call me names, yet you have not once disputed one thing that i said!

Congrats on your gameplan Asc

PS. Thank you Game for assessing the situation with a clear mind, about time sense was spoken on these forums!
Unread 14 May 2008, 23:16   #45
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
try getting Stoom to launch 1st wave on Denial planets rather than letting ND take the brunt of the early defence ships so you can have an easier time of it.
This is just untrue.

And I'd try and avoid getting on the high and mighty we didn't block the universe chair when half of the value on that fc didn't even come from denial.

Quote:
Good thing you instantly recruited two new members the exact same tick though! Obviously those two weren't attacking with you or defending or in any way acting like support planets in the previous days though
Unread 14 May 2008, 23:19   #46
Stoom
Bragpack™

Here's something to dispute;
Denial has been with NoX all round (top 2 alliances FYI)
Asc gets hit by 6 allies one night, decides to fight back.
We get 4 others to hit Denial for one night.
After that its pretty much been Asc/ND vs. NoX/Denial, besides a few team ups on each side.

And yeah, we still win...
Unread 14 May 2008, 23:20   #47
.Disc.

JBG, the attacks on Xzars planet, which is probably the most important of the night, was 1st waved by ND. True

I'm not high and mighty, slightly high, but not mighty
Unread 14 May 2008, 23:21   #48
Stoom
Bragpack™

Quote:
JBG, the attacks on Xzars planet, which is probably the most important of the night, was 1st waved by ND. True

I'm not high and mighty, slightly high, but not mighty
Tbh, that was like what? day 3 of the ptargetting? Seriously you can't call that a major event.
Unread 14 May 2008, 23:24   #49
.Disc.

Stoom that is utter bollocks!!!
for starters, your alliance complains about one nights roiding, its roids, they come and go, pretty sure value wasn't dented a whole lot.

Also please don't say that its been Asc/ND vs Denial/NoX, because you know it hasn't, its been Asc/ND/CT/Jenova vs Denial/NoX, with the majority of fleets heading towards the Denial side, although im sure NoX has had its fair share.

Yeah you've pretty much won, but don't try and sugar coat your win by saying its been even, because its far from the truth
Unread 14 May 2008, 23:50   #50
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
JBG, the attacks on Xzars planet, which is probably the most important of the night, was 1st waved by ND.
1120 was the first landing tick for both of us actually. And considering it got zero def...