User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 25 Apr 2008, 18:58   #51
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Congratulations Denial!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny
Apart from all that, what exactly have we done to piss you all off so much?
I don't think you've pissed people off much, most posters in this thread seem to be voicing their disappointment in alliances who are happy to just sit around watching you guys win and not doing anything about it.

Also; why is dropping a nap considered backstabbing?
It's a war game. You do what's best for your alliance.
If you want to be "honourable" (if you did, you wouldn't be playing PA anyway), you could set a date for the NAP to be dropped.
Yes, breaking a NAP/deserting your allies during a war is frowned upon, but once the war is over and the game is stagnating, you wouldn't be called a "backstabber" or anything of the sort (not by anyone with half a braincell, at least) if you were to attack the alliance that is literally running away with it.
Unread 25 Apr 2008, 19:29   #52
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Apart from remind you how sh*t you are...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
With Exi (and 1up) not playing next round some crap alliance can finally win - make the most of it - and when you celebrate remember that you're only winning because noone decent is left playing, not because you're actually half-competent.
I always like bringing that one out.
Unread 25 Apr 2008, 19:39   #53
zebra
h3ll's angels

zebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxman
i realy doubt anywould belived we would be strong, and i doubt anyone realy thought denial would be fighting for the win...
Well now that you know you are strong and Denial is your main obstacle for winning, why are you still napped? (Hint: read Game's posts for the answer)

Quote:
maybe u should blame the rest of the uni Game, those that "dont do politics" those that are happy only doing galraids, and those that are to "shit scared" to fight back against the omfgtobigtobeat 135 man "block" thats killing the game atm...
Those alliances (and others like them) have been doing that for the most part of most rounds. Nobody expects anything more at this point, which doesn't excuse it for being okay, but there's a difference between them and you. They do it passively; you do it actively.

Quote:
if two new alliances run away with the win, because ppl dont want to fight, or dont want nd to win. then maybe u should blame the uni, not a 59man alliance including 4-5 late starters and 6 scanners
Two new alliances aren't running away with the win. One is. The other is heading for a loss like the rest of the universe.

Quote:
as for why i dont stab Denial? well i dont like backstabbing, i would pick being disliked by u, over doing something like that, anyday...
Why would breaking a NAP be stabbing Denial? Did you agree early in the round to stay with them through thick and thin, the whole round? If that is the case it would be, but it would also make you guilty of Game's criticisms.
[18:04] * h3ll has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2008, 20:26   #54
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't see breaking a NAP as backstabbing at all if the only result of you keeping it, is finishing 2nd. It's just common sense to do something that allows you to win - why keep an agreement that's not beneficial? The only people you backstab if you keep it are ultimately your own members. So if you value your own personal reputation over the welfare of your members, you keep that agreement.

Now look, what Sid said is vaguely true. Comparing any round now to what we had before is just silly. With 1up and Exilition we saw the last of the truly motivated, brilliant players playing at their maximum. Many of these players have moved on in life and have better things to be doing. Those who still play (in Ascendancy at least as that's how far my knowledge extends, I don't know about other alliances) are still capable of clever play, with breps that you can still appreciate. Although whatever I said, it doesn't make a difference to the fact that Kenny has talked out of his arse at times this round.

But planetarion is still something to try and win and a game that some people really do want to win - if the round was longer, this round would still be wide open but we're getting to a position where Denial will have time on their side and bar a catastrophe they look set to win.
Unread 25 Apr 2008, 20:36   #55
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

Is it me, or does every recent round fall into one of two categories:

1. an alliance runs away with it, and everyone goes mental about it.
2. an alliance runs away with it, until ~4 alliances gang up and take them down, resulting in a "mediocre" alliance winning and everyone going mental about it.

Unless I only remember the shite rounds, I'd say the problem lies with the game itself rather than denial or nox or whichever alliances it'll be next round. It sure would be nice to see a good 1vs1 fight (or 2 vs 2 or even 2 vs 1) for the #1 alliance rank for a change though
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2008, 20:38   #56
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Interesting point. 1 of the 2 brand new alliances is guaranteed a victory here against well established alliances and communities that have been playing for rounds.

I guess we're just THAT awesome, Foxman.
They were shit back then and they're still shit now. Congratulations, you just won the Special Olympics.
Unread 25 Apr 2008, 20:40   #57
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt
Unless I only remember the shite rounds, I'd say the problem lies with the game itself rather than denial or nox or whichever alliances it'll be next round. It sure would be nice to see a good 1vs1 fight (or 2 vs 2 or even 2 vs 1) for the #1 alliance rank for a change though
I'd say there isn't a problem at all. In competitive games, losers will always whine, especially if the people competing have no particular close bonds with each other.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2008, 20:57   #58
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
I'd say there isn't a problem at all. In competitive games, losers will always whine, especially if the people competing have no particular close bonds with each other.
Currently its too easy, every round, for one alliance to run away with it - and by tick 500 the universe either accepts their victory, or it takes a quite huge effort (politically and militarily - hmm no red line under that, ace) to bring them down.

Even if nox hadn't joined in, I'm pretty sure denial would have seen off ND and jenova (basing that on r24 when CT, in a similar position, would easily have seen off a similar assault). So I'd say its very much a problem with the game (in this day and age where nearly all alliances can't sustain a long committed war). This is where I go "alliance limits of ~50 would solve this problem", then sit back n think about it, before adding "as well as probably bringing in a few new problems" before realising this isn't the suggestions forum
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2008, 21:24   #59
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
dribble
I'll try to put this in words you might understand:

ITS NOT A FKN WAR IF YOU GET P-TARGETED FOR ONE NIGHT!
Unread 25 Apr 2008, 21:43   #60
Ceadrath

Ceadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
your betraying your ignorance

-Cead

Last edited by Ceadrath; 25 Apr 2008 at 22:02.
Ceadrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2008, 22:43   #61
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceadrath
your betraying your ignorance
No, you are. He's right.
Unread 25 Apr 2008, 23:17   #62
RaZeR

RaZeR is an unknown quantity at this point

So basically, let me summarise this as I see it.

1) We're losing, waaagh, it must be NoX's fault for NAPing with Denial and somehow stopping us from countering them.

2) Waaagh, winning is everything, NoX should exploit their friends and the people who have helped them get to where they are now, and do anything possible to win (although we dont really want them to, we just need something to change so we have a chance - see 1).

3) There's no such thing as honour in a game like this, everyone should do whatever they can to win, regardless of the effect it has on the community and new players.

Congratulations, if you guys played ********, you'd be Ministry. (note, ******** IS dying because of attitudes like these...)
RaZeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2008, 23:18   #63
RaZeR

RaZeR is an unknown quantity at this point

heh, lol at the censorship
RaZeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2008, 23:23   #64
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaZeR
2) Waaagh, winning is everything, NoX should exploit their friends and the people who have helped them get to where they are now, and do anything possible to win (although we dont really want them to, we just need something to change so we have a chance - see 1).
I'd say the only reason NoX is up there is because they havent taken a hit so far this round, most of the incs has been flying towards Denial.

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2008, 23:25   #65
Crowly
Orbit HC

Crowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to behold

Why is it that you always have to attack someone to stop them winning?

Suppose that #2 + #3 gang up to take down #1. Should #3 and the now #2 then gang up to take out the one that's just become #1? Where does it stop? Where has this view that anyone in the lead must necessarily become the tgt of every other ally come from?

I've been approached by umpteen HC preaching this sanctimonious crap about it being a war game and suggesting that if I am not willing to hurl my boys at someone just to stop them winning I am somehow betraying the entire spirit of the game.

If it's a game that's supposed to reflect the realities of war then I'd damn sure be jumping in on the side that's winning and praying to god that they don't decide to turn around and stomp me later.
Crowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2008, 00:10   #66
zebra
h3ll's angels

zebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowly
Why is it that you always have to attack someone to stop them winning?

Suppose that #2 + #3 gang up to take down #1. Should #3 and the now #2 then gang up to take out the one that's just become #1? Where does it stop? Where has this view that anyone in the lead must necessarily become the tgt of every other ally come from?
Some allies there is no way to stop (Asc, at times). There are more than 3 alliances in the game so this example is pretty worthless. It stops at the end of the round, duh! It's probably come from experience, mostly.

On a side note, I'd like a special PNAP with Orbit: I will only try to stop you from winning by attacking you, and in return you can try and stop me from winning in every single way other than attacking. C'mon it's 1 vs. 71!! PM me on IRC if you're interested.
Unread 26 Apr 2008, 00:18   #67
Crowly
Orbit HC

Crowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to behold

I don't think that's a fight we could win.
Unread 26 Apr 2008, 00:40   #68
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaZeR
So basically, let me summarise this as I see it.

1) We're losing, waaagh, it must be NoX's fault for NAPing with Denial and somehow stopping us from countering them.

3) There's no such thing as honour in a game like this, everyone should do whatever they can to win, regardless of the effect it has on the community and new players.

Congratulations, if you guys played ********, you'd be Ministry. (note, ******** IS dying because of attitudes like these...)
You are an idiot. We are not crying about Denial winning. We're presenting rational arguments in hopes alliances take steps to keep the round interesting. Most of us aren't even in an alliance in the running for #1, so your accusation that we only make these posts to get a chance of winning is ill informed at best.

Furthermore, your arguments are rather feeble, especially points 2 and 3 (point 1 isn't really an argument at all). Apparently you consider it dishonourable to tell someone you have no particular allegiancy towards "Ok guys, this nap thing, it was fun, but in 24 hours we're dissolving it. Have a good round."
That's fine, although possibly a bit holier than thou. However, attaching emotionally loaded words like "honour", "exploit", "friends" is really not proving anything, and just serves as a reminder of how incapable you apparently are of reading our posts, and replying to them.

In fact, nothing you said is proving anything. You've consistently failed to respond to any of our arguments, and as such your posts in this thread are really just meaningless dribble, quite probably not worthy of the time I just spent responding to, writing this one.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 26 Apr 2008 at 10:13.
Unread 26 Apr 2008, 02:30   #69
Ceadrath

Ceadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
No, you are. He's right.
if your agreeing with kargools assesment that denial have only been pt'd for one night then your just as much an uninformed tard as he is.

-Cead

Last edited by Ceadrath; 26 Apr 2008 at 05:53.
Ceadrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2008, 08:53   #70
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

The biggest irony of it all is that these "wars" never are declared giving the hc's the leeway of going back on their words within one day without losing face or actually having to do some formal negotiations between them to stop "wars". Come on, where are the good old war declarations on AD? Where are the long threads about various wars going on? Get creative guys. This is horrible to look at.
Unread 26 Apr 2008, 09:04   #71
zebra
h3ll's angels

Quote:
Come on, where are the good old war declarations on AD? Where are the long threads about various wars going on? Get creative guys. This is horrible to look at.
Ah, creativity with a splash of the good old days, brilliant!
Unread 26 Apr 2008, 09:09   #72
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Come on, where are the good old war declarations on AD? Where are the long threads about various wars going on? Get creative guys. This is horrible to look at.
Wars break armies though.
If alliance(s) can achieve a better result from not fighting than fighting in a formal war, then what is the motivation for them to do that? Alliances are self-interested entities, so its unreasonable to expect them to behave in a way that would sabotage their own chances of success (whether that's coming #1 or not).

Then you have risk adverse behaviour, and that's another issue.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2008, 09:22   #73
Villeh
Ubi concordia, ibi victor

Villeh is on a distinguished road

Whats this talk of War?

There is no war....

Just random n00bness back and forth...

* We do not exist *
Villeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2008, 10:26   #74
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceadrath
if your agreeing with kargools assesment that denial have only been pt'd for one night then your just as much an uninformed tard as he is.
Quote:
All I was doing was agreeing with Kargool as to what a war is. Christ, planet-targetting is not a war. A real war is constant incomings 24/7, simple as.
Unread 26 Apr 2008, 10:48   #75
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

[quote=KargoolITS NOT A FKN WAR IF YOU GET P-TARGETED FOR ONE NIGHT![/QUOTE]
A whole alliance on one planet or an alliance p-targeting a whole alliance? Last one is definitely a war. First one is just a proper buttrape
Unread 26 Apr 2008, 12:22   #76
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Right, so getting p-targetted by 2 or more allies for over a week is not a war...

BTW, I'm sorry I missed all of TGV's glorious wars & wardeclarations on AD!
Seriously, wtf do you know about wars? Have you ever fought one?
You can preach on AD all you want but the fact is when you were HC of TGV, TGV never had a war (atleast not a proper one) and never posted a war declaration on AD.

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2008, 13:35   #77
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
Right, so getting p-targetted by 2 or more allies for over a week is not a war...
Are you intentionally not reading what he's saying?

Quote:
Unread 26 Apr 2008, 13:54   #78
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
From what I hear Hidden Agenda has been fighting STOOMTHEREVIVAL over some petty argument. Attempts and negotiation by us have proven futile, meaning our fleets (and possibly more importantly, experience) cannot be used in a fight against Denial/NoX.
first thing i hear about that, so doubt this is true. If stoom came with a nice offer im sure we would have joined them on any attack.

as for attacking denial and NOX i don't think its up to H-A to start organising attacks. certainly since i consider this a round to reorganise ourselves so we can grow more. Not meaning we wouldn't join in on the fun.
first offer i got to attack them was one day ago wich for me is atleast 10 days to late. and the block proposed (except for ND) is filled with commanders and alliances i simply don't trust.

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2008, 15:38   #79
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

Quote:
Are you intentionally not reading what he's saying?
Clearly he did read what he was saying and deduced that Kargool was implying that Denial was only p-targetted for one night (otherwise his post is irrelevant and without context). So mz get off ur high horse and let Kargool make his meaningless points and be flamed for them please.
Unread 26 Apr 2008, 15:43   #80
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX
Clearly he did read what he was saying and deduced that Kargool was implying that Denial was only p-targetted for one night (otherwise his post is irrelevant and without context). So mz get off ur high horse and let Kargool make his meaningless points and be flamed for them please.
Assumption is the mother of all ****ups. It also seems a little strange that you apparently find my attitude undesirable, only to effortlessly finish the very same sentence by encouraging people to flame Kargool.
Unread 26 Apr 2008, 16:42   #81
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

This whole thread is simple.

Whoever wins, deserves to win. The rest of y'all, didn't do enough to secure a win, therefore you don't deserve to win.
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2008, 17:07   #82
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

Not allways the hardest working alliance win... Some just choose easier way to aproach.

Whom dares, wins... by default.
Unread 26 Apr 2008, 18:07   #83
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

Quote:
Assumption is the mother of all ****ups. It also seems a little strange that you apparently find my attitude undesirable, only to effortlessly finish the very same sentence by encouraging people to flame Kargool.
Flame those who deserve it by all means, just dont flame people for responding to shit awful posts that people have incorrectly (apparantly) assumed are related to this thread (god forbid?), when evidently it isnt.
Unread 26 Apr 2008, 18:38   #84
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Flame those who deserve it by all means
That's a very subjective criterium though, making it very easy to insult people for the most fickle of reasons. In fact, I believe what you're proposing is against forum rules, which as far as I know explicitly forbid flaming for whatever reason.

Quote:
, just dont flame people for responding to shit awful posts that people have incorrectly (apparantly) assumed are related to this thread (god forbid?), when evidently it isnt.
Where did I flame anyone?
Unread 27 Apr 2008, 06:06   #85
SUFC
IhQdAA

SUFC will become famous soon enoughSUFC will become famous soon enough

Quote:
We are not crying about Denial winning. We're presenting rational arguments in hopes alliances take steps to keep the round interesting.
tbh, i can see and smell heavy whine in this topic too so it must mean that your doing it wrong or just failing. And maybe you guys should use all the energy and effort in the game rather in the forums so you could possibly even achieve something.

Personally i'd like to see and play game where every ally goes 100% solo without any naps, p-naps, any kind of agreenments with another ally and with 75 planets only. Then it would be more about skills and activity. Dunno is that ever going to happen...
SUFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2008, 08:03   #86
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

Naps and alliances aint bad at all, when the purpouse is to balance rounds, not to mess them.

Even it is unthankfull for the current leaders who made most work. Then again I am sure people want to fight for their win.
Unread 27 Apr 2008, 08:51   #87
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!

BTW, I'm sorry I missed all of TGV's glorious wars & wardeclarations on AD!
Seriously, wtf do you know about wars? Have you ever fought one?
You can preach on AD all you want but the fact is when you were HC of TGV, TGV never had a war (atleast not a proper one) and never posted a war declaration on AD.
We were at war with Subh at one stage, and that war lasted more than 1 week, actually it lasted over two rounds

We also joined ND on several of their crusades in several rounds attacking 2-3 weeks with them.

But Veedeejem, now as you seem to be in a communicative mood, care to tell about Denials war efforts? How is it going? How come denial members are considering quitting the alliance because Denial's hc's have been nubing around having absolutely no clue about what they want or how to handle their "war"?

Please Veedeejem, the facts are there, and you're just mad at me for pointing them out.
Unread 27 Apr 2008, 09:43   #88
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUFC
tbh, i can see and smell heavy whine in this topic too so it must mean that your doing it wrong or just failing.
That does not follow at all. Maybe you're the one that's wrong. I have said nothing that could be considered a whine. I challenge you to find something.

Quote:
And maybe you guys should use all the energy and effort in the game rather in the forums so you could possibly even achieve something.
I have no interest in achieving anything ingame.

Quote:
Personally i'd like to see and play game where every ally goes 100% solo without any naps, p-naps, any kind of agreenments with another ally and with 75 planets only. Then it would be more about skills and activity. Dunno is that ever going to happen...
r11. Oh yeah, and Ave is right. Nothing wrong with naps.
Unread 27 Apr 2008, 10:21   #89
SUFC
IhQdAA

SUFC will become famous soon enoughSUFC will become famous soon enough

I wrote that based on the feeling i got from the convos and posts. English ain't my main language so there might be few misses but still the overall look was like i wrote. And even if i quoted you Mz, i didn't ment my pointing directly at you, i ment it for all.

I haven't used this forum much because i really don't have too big intresses about it, mostly ppl just whine and flame each others. I'm the guy who rather uses his precious time in the game trying to make the best out of it for my self and my alliance. Maybe that's because i'm still kinda new to it and haven't achieved anything yet nor frustrated or got bored to failing. Congratz to those who have, but i guess none of them ain't here bitching bout things...

Less whining and bitching and more action and fighting in the game.
SUFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2008, 10:35   #90
Mzyxptlk
mz.

You quoted my post, so I assumed you were speaking to me, rather than to one of the many others posting in this thread. But I'm glad we cleared up the misunderstanding.
Unread 27 Apr 2008, 10:39   #91
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

It's seems to me that Denial are the most active alliance. To beat them, ND needed to be more lucky and/or more skilled politically: we weren't. Well played Denial.

NoX and/or xVx could make the round more interesting for everyone involved. PA is a game and I enjoy wars & winning - if they share this then they should attack Denial. It'll be fun and they might win.

If they don't think they can win and they prefer roid racing, then they should enjoy that instead. Sure, we'll whine about how they're cowards, but if they are cowards then whining isn't going to make them any braver.

I've missed most of the round with rl, so correct me if I'm wrong about anything.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2008, 10:41   #92
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
That would be boring & near impossible. Right now there's not enough players to provide 2 good alliances to fight for the top spot. The winner would be pretty obvious; this round Denial would have won much earlier. Last round Urwins etc.

Impossible because other alliances won't just accept a plain defeat, they'll want to try and win and make the game more interesting. The only alliance that would be able to enforce such a system would have to be massively overpowered: See r11 1up. Which wasn't particularly interesting to watch.
Unread 27 Apr 2008, 13:38   #93
VenoX

Quote:
But Veedeejem, now as you seem to be in a communicative mood, care to tell about Denials war efforts? How is it going? How come denial members are considering quitting the alliance because Denial's hc's have been nubing around having absolutely no clue about what they want or how to handle their "war"?
You should know it is impossible to keep 100% of ur members happy all of the time. If you want to win a round ur gonna have to hit shitty targets every now and again or ur gonna have to sacrifice some roids in defence to save a few more elsewhere etc. You couldnt even get ~40 people to play with u this round, so i dont think u should be the one to discuss keeping members happy. HC 101 by Kargool, is certainly something i shall not bother to read, if u dont mind.
Unread 27 Apr 2008, 13:51   #94
VenoX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
NoX and/or xVx could make the round more interesting for everyone involved. PA is a game and I enjoy wars & winning - if they share this then they should attack Denial. It'll be fun and they might win.
Or Denial/NoX could go to war and let ND win! Clever plan, but i think we saw this last round with Urwins/CT and possibly the round before. I wouldn't expect politics to play so stupendously in ur favour for a 3rd round in a row, people know ur game now, but i could be surprised. Cowards or just sensible, u decide.
Unread 27 Apr 2008, 15:19   #95
Gate
;D!

Quote:
Or Denial/NoX could go to war and let ND win! Clever plan, but i think we saw this last round with Urwins/CT and possibly the round before. I wouldn't expect politics to play so stupendously in ur favour for a 3rd round in a row, people know ur game now, but i could be surprised. Cowards or just sensible, u decide.
If NoX/xVx want to win and/or think they'll enjoy a war, hitting Denial is sensible because they can't do it otherwise.

For the purpose of this game I'm assuming NoX/xVx want to maximise their own utility whilst you're assuming they want to minimise ND's utility. Your argument is emotionally compelling, but irrational in this situation.

Game Theory on Wiki
Unread 27 Apr 2008, 16:18   #96
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

did someone forget to tell me the rounds only last till tick 700 ish now

seems pretty easy if the hc of the remaining allys want to take denial/nox down leave your ego's behind get talking and start organising some attacks instead of talking crap on AD bout how unfair everything is

actions speak louder than words so stfu and get attacking

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2008, 22:13   #97
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

We could make the basic point that if NoX do hit Denial, the universe will probably rally round them, for a period of time, partly for strategic reasons and partly out of sheer popularity. This will enable them (amongst others) to have a chance of winning planetarion. Whereas if they continue as they are, they have no chance.

gzambo - Denial/NoX while a two alliance partnership, is tantamount to a stagnation-causing block, with the same kind of effects we have seen with Fury and Legion. They're sitting together because if both of them do - one of them will definitely win (Denial). The difference between then and now is that longevity in dominating the universe and keeping relationships beyond the round itself don't really apply any more.

Even so, there is still no advantage for the smaller partner unless you feel happy helping someone else win.
Unread 27 Apr 2008, 23:03   #98
Crowly
Orbit HC

So what's in it for every ally that isn't 2nd?
Unread 27 Apr 2008, 23:12   #99
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowly
So what's in it for every ally that isn't 2nd?
Playing to spoil.

Its a legitimate strategy when you can no longer win for yourself: you pick sides in order to influence who does win the round, and thus you can share in part of their glory.

Imo, its perfectly fine to do this. But playing to spoil when you can win yourself (ie, fence-sitting at #2) is poor form, in that case you should be trying to win (and/or convince the other alliances to play to spoil on your opponent :P).
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2008, 23:23   #100
Digiscent
KiLLa

Digiscent is infamous around these partsDigiscent is infamous around these parts

lol karg..
HC of tgv aka the peaceful alliance
R4:Oh to be A Pepsi Bottle(285:19)[Bluetubas][Pepsi]#6
R5:Lothlórien (28:16)[Wolfpack]#58
R6: (17:2)[NoS]
R7: (9:25)[NoS][Pepsi]
R9: (49:1)[Seraphim]
R9.5:[LDK] [S] [Oly] [Ely] [ETY](30:8)[Seraphim]#10
R19:Sexy Mandolin(1:5)[TGV]#7
R22:The Dutchmaster of Tallahassee(18:10:4)[ROCK]#111
R23:TheKing of Kush(12:2:4)[ROCK]#69