User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 29 Oct 2007, 21:11   #1
Flug3l

Flug3l is an unknown quantity at this point
Use of a Cell phone to check planetarion

hmm i was wondering who uses a cell phone to acces pa , and which phone they use for it.

and also if its handy or pretty annoying to check yer planet.

id like to know since i got no inet acces at work.

ty in advance
Flug3l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2007, 21:18   #2
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts
Re: Use of a Cell phone to check planetarion

I used it (the last rounds) on m600, p910, e61, e61i and iphone.
All work well, just remember to upgrade operabrowser on the phone if you got an old edition, or you will have cookie errors.

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2007, 21:20   #3
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

my phone works fine. sony ericson k800i
Unread 29 Oct 2007, 22:27   #4
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

opera mini and you're sorted
Unread 29 Oct 2007, 23:36   #5
r2baz
Sonny Sunshine Champion

r2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to all

I use Vario 2.

Opera browser is the way to go

There are even working IRC clients (depending on the handset you are using) if you really can't stay away!
r2baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2007, 23:58   #6
Landor Maxim

Landor Maxim is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a Blacburry an its fine
Landor Maxim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2007, 01:01   #7
`Spider
teh 1 and only

`Spider is an unknown quantity at this point

vario 2 - anyone want it? :P pm me

Last edited by `Spider; 30 Oct 2007 at 18:59.
`Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2007, 01:06   #8
[Graham]

[Graham] is an unknown quantity at this point

no advertising!! fs
[Graham] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2007, 05:02   #9
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

I've used: T-mobile MDA, Treo 650 & 750, and iphone, all work just fine.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2007, 07:23   #10
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
opera mini and you're sorted
It's horrible. The inbuilt one on Symbian 60 3rd eds is better.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2007, 08:24   #11
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

mine has internet explorer. and it works a treat. ask before u buy would be my personal opinion
Unread 30 Oct 2007, 09:40   #12
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

"Excuse me, but can I access Planetarion using this phone?"
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2007, 11:02   #13
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

Every advanced phone who you can install programs one you can use. Atleast most likely.
Install opera and your good to go! its a little small, yes, you need to scrool loads yes. But you atleast get to check your planet

I use a Nokia N95
Unread 30 Oct 2007, 13:22   #14
Delver
Ensign

Delver has a spectacular aura aboutDelver has a spectacular aura about

If you intend to use a phone, choose text-only skin in preferences so that it loads faster.
Unread 30 Oct 2007, 13:25   #15
LocknLoad
Sh33p h3rd3r

LocknLoad will become famous soon enoughLocknLoad will become famous soon enough

My sidekick works great
Do not make me get out the paddle!!! "
LocknLoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2007, 15:49   #16
ElAlan
Muppet

ElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of light

Decided to give my phone a try (samsung u600) and it seemed to work fine til the cookie error, and i saw further up in this case upgrade the browser on your phone, how exactly do you upgrade the browser, for example to opera.

Cheers

Retired.
ElAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2007, 15:58   #17
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

use a sony ericsson k610i on t mobile (3g phone so loads at a reaonable speed) using http://www.vidarholen.net/contents/virca/shots.html for mobile irc
Unread 30 Oct 2007, 16:31   #18
ElAlan
Muppet

ElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of light

Ignore my other post, found it, and now my u600 works fine for pa

Retired.
ElAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2007, 21:02   #19
DarkHeart

DarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really nice

k800i on the 3g network. takes about 1 min to login all in all (with the login page saved direct as a bookmark)

couple of tips when using a phone to play your account ~(at least for me dunno if these are generic wap defects)

- scans. When you scan, hit submit. Scan wont load automatically! Go to the list of recent scans and click the bit that says (link)

- you cant forum post! <---dunno a way round that one

- Mail. You can't read your mail!. However, you can reply to a mail in the list. that way you can read the original message

Using a phone to connect to pa is ace, it spikes your internet activity all over the show on sandmans . Sumtimes if i wake up for some random reason ill quickly log in, do something that costs a ickle amount of resources, then go back asleep.
DarkHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2007, 21:56   #20
Fatrick
Farmer Smurf

Fatrick can only hope to improve

ive had no bother using my phone to post on forums or read mails. cant say bout the scans as i havent scanned since i rejoined :P but yea...Opera is a MUST, tho the default browers thingy on those sony ericson walkman phones also works fine.

I have no rival; No man can be my equal
Fatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2007, 11:43   #21
SUFC
IhQdAA

SUFC will become famous soon enoughSUFC will become famous soon enough

I use Nokia E90 with the basic browser that comes with the phone.
SUFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2007, 12:15   #22
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

I use n95 comes with symbian and i agree, use a text based skin for faster load times.

I can scan, post on galaxy forums and send ingame mail, i've not tried pa forum posting as i dont have a contract that is time based but data based, so to save cash i use as litttle as possible.

And for those who can use their phone to get into a wap network , dont forget free net in places like mc'donalds and starbucks etc.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote