User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 18 Jun 2006, 17:38   #1
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Name Changes

As most of you are aware, I am an American. As such I enjoy all those things which Americans are supposed to enjoy (baseball, hot dogs, peanut butter, foreign dominance) all the usual things.

This morning I was indulging my love of baseball and came across an interesting decision that an individual baseball player made at some point in his life. I found out that baseball player John Oscar Diksus, at some point in his life thought it would be a good idea to change his name to Johnny Dickshot! Now I suppose he could have made an even more improvident choice of names by going with Johnny Dicksuck but it is certainly bad enough as it is. However, just to make it worse his nickname was "Ugly" Dickshot.

This led me to think about what I would change my name to if I were to have to change it. I decided that I would change it to Tony Blair so that I would then be loved by everyone in the US though I would probably have to stay out of the UK.

Now the questions are:
1. Would I be better off just going with "Ugly" Dickshot?
2. Do you suppose "ugly" Dickshot was what Tony's dad referred to him as when Tony was born?
3. If you had to change your name what would you change it to?
Unread 18 Jun 2006, 18:31   #2
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Name Changes

"Player One" would be pretty funny if needlessly geeky. I said a couple of weeks ago that my new Psuedonym is "Lloyd Nipples"

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2006, 19:56   #3
The_Tyrant
Giddy little...

The_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to all

A friend of mine is the corse of his job has to update a large database of "members". He was forced to contact a Mr Dj Jazzy John Toasterface in order to find out how he would like to be addressed in future.

Mr Toasterface was fine.

True story
The_Tyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2006, 20:20   #4
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

A name is just a label. The person makes the name. Bizarre nicknames are just momentary gimmicks, eventually the person's character will come through and whatever you feel towards it will overshadow semiotic scrutiny of the label.

A good example of this, I think, is 'Ajax.' Ajax Telamonian was a Greek hero, the greatest bar Achilles. He was more brawn than brains, however. Recently however a very popular cleaning product has adopted the name, obviously with the intent to portray the strength of their product. The product became a household phenomenon, and if you ask any anglophone who doesn't spend a lot of time on the internet what 'ajax' is they'll say a household cleaner. The initial gimmick of the name is gone. Now 'ajax' means something entirely different, just an acryonym, but it's funny when people make fun of it and create alternate names for other javascript technology they use other names of cleaning products, and not the names of other Greek heros.

Last edited by s|k; 18 Jun 2006 at 20:28.
s|k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2006, 21:56   #5
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Reading s|k's post I am reminded of Diomedes who I always liked so I'm going to go with Diomedes as my new name.
Unread 18 Jun 2006, 22:03   #6
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

As I've said before, I already use a false name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
A name is just a label. The person makes the name. Bizarre nicknames are just momentary gimmicks, eventually the person's character will come through and whatever you feel towards it will overshadow semiotic scrutiny of the label.
This is true, but you're not always guaranteed a long term period in which to interact with someone. In short, first impressions count particularly because they might influence whether there will be any longer term impressions. Or something like that.

And you can tell a small amount about something by the label they choose to use for themselves. It's true that you might have a truly excellent forum poster with the nick of "CuTe_BaByGiRl69xx" but the odds are against it.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2006, 22:43   #7
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Reading s|k's post I am reminded of Diomedes who I always liked so I'm going to go with Diomedes as my new name.
Then Pallas Athena granted Tydeus' son Diomedes
strength and daring - so the fighter would shine forth
and tower over the Argives and win himself great glory.
She set the man ablaze, his shield and helmet flaming
with tireless fire like the star that flames at harvest,
bathed in the Ocean rising up to outshine all other stars.
Such fire Athena blazed from Tydides' head and shoulders,
drove him into the center where the masses struggled on.
Unread 19 Jun 2006, 00:01   #8
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
As I've said before, I already use a false name.
Oh. So if I pop in to your workplace and ask for you, the security guard might think I'm nuts or I'm a terrorist.

finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 2006, 03:09   #9
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

I always liked grey-eyed Athena.
Unread 19 Jun 2006, 16:43   #10
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
Then Pallas Athena granted Tydeus' son Diomedes
strength and daring - so the fighter would shine forth
and tower over the Argives and win himself great glory.
She set the man ablaze, his shield and helmet flaming
with tireless fire like the star that flames at harvest,
bathed in the Ocean rising up to outshine all other stars.
Such fire Athena blazed from Tydides' head and shoulders,
drove him into the center where the masses struggled on.
So you are saying that JBG is a flaming ......?
Unread 19 Jun 2006, 21:48   #11
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
So you are saying that JBG is a flaming ......?
...ten foot tall hero who hurtles bronze, sends flying the spear's shadow, and delivers Trojans to black death, leaving their fathers in tears and wrenching grief? No, not really.
Unread 19 Jun 2006, 21:58   #12
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
...ten foot tall hero who hurtles bronze, sends flying the spear's shadow, and delivers Trojans to black death, leaving their fathers in tears and wrenching grief? No, not really.
You haven't been to Ireland recently, have you?
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote