User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 31 Aug 2006, 16:47   #1
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute
[Football] All I can say is, didnt see this coming...

West Ham have appartently landed Tevez & Mascherano on a season long loan, with the option to buy after but could West Ham afford the £15m price tag that each of them have

[Conspiracy]
Abramovich has a large stake in MSI who own them, he has loaned them to West Ham since they cant challenge Chelsea for the title, and he can see if they get on well in the premiership. If they get on well, Chelsea will buy them next season since although their price will go up Chelsea can outbid anyone.

Lets see if they play vs Chelsea or are "injured" for those games

read this
[/Conspiracy]

edit: no offence to west ham, but why would 2 world class £15m rated players want to join west ham?

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea

Last edited by Stifler; 31 Aug 2006 at 17:10.
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2006, 17:13   #2
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: [Football] All I can say is, didnt see this coming...

It's funny to see this posted, I was just chatting to my old man on MSN, he supports Chelsea and was convinced that this was orchestrated by Chelsea to get them some experience in the Premiership and get them fit in the same way Alex has been sent to PSV, I told him to stop talking rubbish, reading that there may be something more to it.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2006, 17:18   #3
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

It seems they have signed permenant deals rather than the expected loans.
Unread 31 Aug 2006, 17:19   #4
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

What the ? BBC site now reporting the deals are permernant:
Quote:
Striker Tevez, 22, and midfielder Mascherano, 22, join the Hammers from Brazilian side Corinthians on permanent deals for undisclosed fees.
There's no way West Ham can afford them both, something very odd is going on
Unread 31 Aug 2006, 17:32   #5
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If it's a permanent deal for both of them, I think Chelsea must be out of the equation. I suspect that MSI (the two players' agent) is planning to bid again for West Ham, and since they knew that Tevez and Mascherano were looking to move to English clubs (away from Corinthians at least) then they should get them to go to Upton Park rather than Emirates/Stamford Bridge/Old Trafford/Anfield.

Money in from MSI to pay for them of course. A 'loan', probably.
Unread 31 Aug 2006, 17:32   #6
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

how the hell could west ham afford them? heh

I dont they have £30m lying around....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbc
Tevez has emerged as one the most highly rated young strikers in the world since signing for Corinthians from Boca Juniors for £9.5m in December 1994.

He has been strongly linked with Chelsea this summer, with a transfer fee of between £20m and £60m being reported.
no way west ham could have afforded even £20m for just tevez...

Quote:
Originally Posted by from same bbc article
"The pair have been signed for an undisclosed fee and put pen-to-paper on permanent contracts with the club this afternoon. All other aspects of the transfers will remain confidential and undisclosed.

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Last edited by Stifler; 31 Aug 2006 at 17:38.
Unread 31 Aug 2006, 17:51   #7
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Arsenal is also supposdly interested in the two.

Not that I can see Wenger splashing out that big money for someone, nor that I think the club needs another striker.

When the window closes tonight, it will be interesting to see what have been done. Arry down at Pompey seems to be doing a wild shopping spree, same with Jol over at Spurs.

For Arsenal I fear we will only get Rosicky and the three youngsters (Fran Merida, Nacer Bracite or something and van der Berg) this transfer window
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2006, 18:03   #8
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
Arsenal is also supposdly interested in the two.

Not that I can see Wenger splashing out that big money for someone, nor that I think the club needs another striker.
Isn't Reyes going to Real Madrid?
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2006, 18:06   #9
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
Isn't Reyes going to Real Madrid?
Only in his head.
Unread 31 Aug 2006, 18:49   #10
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

arsenal may have enough strikers, but not really one good enough to partner henry.

Yeah, the whole deal is fishy. But you have to say whatever the politics, fairplay to pardew & co. i am glad liverpool have already played them once, because upton park is going to be a goalfest this year

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2006, 19:16   #11
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Cole possibly going to chelsea with gallas in return rumour non-shocker;

Reyes going to Real with Baptista in return, well I wouldn't mind, but this is probably Real stirring this up.
Unread 31 Aug 2006, 20:04   #12
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
Only in his head.
Apparently not: Link
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2006, 20:07   #13
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

surely man utd must be FUMING that west ham got teves when they have been knocked back repeatedly in offers for him :/
Unread 31 Aug 2006, 20:43   #14
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone on one of the Spurs forums who works in the media
sent a few people a couple of pm's earlier explaining that MSI are being investigated by a couple or reporters i know

its funny cause the last few days i have been helping out on another program and got talking to some old friends, we talked at length about MSI and other smaller organizations that are coming out and probably going to change the face of football

anyway i thought i would tell you what they told me, they have been digging up stuff since the program was commisioned before the summer

i called them today to say how funny it was having teh conversation about MSI and for these dealiing to happen today

here is some of the pm i sent

"kia joorbachian's name will pop up all the time from now on with these whammer deals

but the two main people are badri and berezovsky, they havee discovered a way of making money in football where you are not tied to a football club

MSI are in the business of owning assets like stadiums(they own several in south america) and players(most ntoably the two new whammers), so i just spoke to my friend and asked how the deal is structured?

he said teh deal is similar to what corintians had, wham will pay MSI about 5mill each for the pair, small fee will go to corintians about 1mill, MSI will still own the players and when they are sold on whammers will not be entitled to a penny. so basically they have them on an extended loan for whatever period of time they stay at wham"

so basically here is what MSI are up to, they are something similar to a car dealership, if you can;t afford to buy the car outright, you can lease it off them for whatever cost for the year etc

you can see why most clubs won't go in for this but west ham have jumped all over it

the only problem now is where MSI will stand when this is all revealed over the next 6 months, how will fifa react, this is probably going to be bigger than the bosman case if they can get away with what they want to do to football

anyhow the program is scheduled to be on before christmas

cheers
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2006, 20:58   #15
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

thats a ****ing nightmare, how/why the hell would anyone go for that :/
Unread 31 Aug 2006, 21:02   #16
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Apparently the offer was made to a lot of other Premiership clubs and was turned down.

I'm a bit pissed off that this'll mean the gap between us and them will be closed dramatically (assuming they settle in) but it's going to be good seeing that kind of quality in the Prem and hopefully west ham will get ****ed over with this further down the line
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2006, 21:19   #17
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

Doesn't sound like a terrible deal to me, West Ham could never ordinarily attract players of that calibre, and although they'll get nothing when the players are eventually sold on, it isn't that rare to not get any return on a player. Any time you buy a player over 30 you're unlikely to get much of a return.
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2006, 23:29   #18
Stifler

that program is gonna be interesting, anyone know when it will be aired in the UK ?

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Unread 1 Sep 2006, 00:11   #19
roadrunner_0
cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nondescript Human
Doesn't sound like a terrible deal to me, West Ham could never ordinarily attract players of that calibre, and although they'll get nothing when the players are eventually sold on, it isn't that rare to not get any return on a player. Any time you buy a player over 30 you're unlikely to get much of a return.

its more a case of: do the players have any control over where they will be playing? it appears to all intents and purposes that that firm 'owns' those two players (and others i assume) so, whats to stop they saying:

'oh yeah, sunderland came in with the best offer for us (us being the company, and their profit line), so you two are going to be playing championship football next season'. I may not agree with most agents, but at least (one would assume) the players get some input into where they are going to be sold to (hense having to agree personal terms i wouls assume)

whats to stop them from moving again next year? and the year after?

from the players point of view it surely must be unsettling for something like this to happen (how many argentinians have heard of west ham fs?)
Unread 1 Sep 2006, 00:21   #20
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

From another forum:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOR
Article dated 21/01/2005 09:30:00am

Premiership: Keep an eye on MSI for future Chelsea deals

It might seem a little unlikely that the transfer of a player between an Argentinean and a Brazilian club could have any significant impact on the Premiership, but the recent deal that took Carlos Tevez from Boca Juniors to Corinthians for a fee of close to £12 million (a Brazilian record) is one that bears closer examination.

Corinthians, mired in debt after years of mismanagement and corruption (as is seemingly obligatory in Brazilian football), entered into a partnership with Media Sports Investments (MSI), a London-based investment group, in December 2004, with a 10-year deal between the two consisting of a £20 million investment from MSI in return for 51% of future profits.

The last month has seen Corinthians, with the help of their new-found backers, also recruit the services of other top players, with Carlos Alberto (scorer of Porto’s first goal in last season’s Champions League final), CSKA Moscow striker Vagner Love and centre-back Sebastian Dominguez from Argentine table-toppers Newell’s Old Boys all moving to Sao Paulo.

The President of MSI is 33-year old Kia Joorabchian (believed to be Iranian), but a certain Russian billionaire and an Israeli agent, Pini Zahavi, are both thought to be involved. Joorabchian has denied Abramovich’s involvement, although he admits that the Russian billionaire is a friend (they also have business links through another Russian billionaire, Boris Berezovsky). Abramovich has also denied having any financial interest in CSKA Moscow, but there is enough evidence to suggest this is dubious at best - a US$54 million three-year deal to have their shirts sponsored by Russian oil company Sibneft, of which Abramovich is still the major shareholder; club president Yevgeny Giner being another “close friend” of Abramovich; the recent controversial signing of Jiri Jarosik (CSKA coach Valeri Gazzayev was furious at the deal).

Whoever is behind the company (and it’s difficult to believe that the aforementioned speculation isn’t without some substance), MSI have wasted little time in making their mark elsewhere, having also signed the River Plate trio of Javier Mascherano (one of the most sought after young players in the game), Maxi Lopez and Lucho Gonzalez. The company are now negotiating where their three amigos will be playing their football in the immediate future, with Benfica having already signed Lopez and Gonzalez said to be interesting Porto.

The suspicion is that MSI is being used as a front to buy players in order to keep them out of the hands of Chelsea’s big-money rivals. This also enables them to farm players out to the likes of Corinthians, where the London club can monitor their progress, safe in the knowledge that they have first shout on their futures if and when they see fit to take them to Stamford Bridge. In doing so, Chelsea are taking the concept of feeder clubs to a whole new level.

David Hulott
19/01/2005

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2006, 00:25   #21
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

"here's your club. the pay packet is good, you'll play every game you're fit, the team's in the top half of the table and in the UEFA Cup. It's a stable team with a decent history and superb fans, most of the team are international players and the manager is excellent and doesn't dick players about. if you guys sign, there's a genuine chance of champions league football. the fans will adore you and the players in the dressing room, amongst whom there are no major egos, will be in awe. you'll be living in one of the biggest, most vibrant cities in the world, in an area with lots of Spanish speakers so you won't have a problem if you want to go buy milk. Javier, skilful midfield passing players are at a premium and you will flourish in this league and in this team; Carlos, there's a lot of appreciation for strong strikers both with the manager in the league, so you will be played correctly, and the referees will not be oversensitive about you holding people off the ball physically in the way they would be in spain or italy. so, any problems?"
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2006, 00:28   #22
roadrunner_0
cynic

if that is true (and im not saying it is - it still seems a bit 'conspiracy theory-ist to me - then abramovich should be banned from having anything to do with football and chelski should be relegated, as well as MSI and anyone/anything to do with it being banned from the game
Unread 1 Sep 2006, 00:29   #23
roadrunner_0
cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
"here's your club. the pay packet is good, you'll play every game you're fit, the team's in the top half of the table and in the UEFA Cup. It's a stable team with a decent history and superb fans, most of the team are international players and the manager is excellent and doesn't dick players about. if you guys sign, there's a genuine chance of champions league football. the fans will adore you and the players in the dressing room, amongst whom there are no major egos, will be in awe. you'll be living in one of the biggest, most vibrant cities in the world, in an area with lots of Spanish speakers so you won't have a problem if you want to go buy milk. Javier, skilful midfield passing players are at a premium and you will flourish in this league and in this team; Carlos, there's a lot of appreciation for strong strikers both with the manager in the league, so you will be played correctly, and the referees will not be oversensitive about you holding people off the ball physically in the way they would be in spain or italy. so, any problems?"

so you are saying that you dont think that there is ANYTHING fishy about this at all?
Unread 1 Sep 2006, 00:33   #24
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i meant that Wham is actually a pretty ****ing enlightened move for the pair of them in a lot of ways, so even if MSI are handling their contracts and there is skullduggery afoot, there's nothing to be drawn from this to suggest the move was in any way against their will or against their best interests.

As for whether the move was fishy? Define fishy. I don't think there are no strings attatched, but I think an MSI buyout is more likely than all of this conspiracy theory nonsense. Abramovich has a lot of oars in the football world, but most of them are purely benevolent (investing his own money in a huge youth football thing in Siberia - not academies, just pitches for kids to play on - as well as a lot of small and amateur teams. I seem to recall he gave Wolves or Stoke or someone about half a million when their finances were ****ed out of philanthropy (see also Brooks Mileson at Gretna, who has given money to a lot of struggling SFL teams). Abramovich isn't making money from Chelsea, remember - he's a football fan with billions of dollars and a career built on relentless capitalism; even if the "allegations" are true there's plenty about the man's character to suggest innocent investment.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées

Last edited by Phang; 1 Sep 2006 at 00:38.
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2006, 00:39   #25
roadrunner_0
cynic

name 5 players of that calibre who would move to a league and not go to one of the top 5 clubs?

(before we go any further with this, i will just say that i think that they willl have a hell of a season at west ham, its a cunning move in a way, although wether they will get the service is another matter, at least teves will fight for every game)

im purely on about the transaction itself, rather than being on about wether wham is a good club or not
Unread 1 Sep 2006, 10:29   #26
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Heh. Amazing stuff. Reminds me of roid-farming.
Unread 1 Sep 2006, 10:38   #27
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

There's probably something dodgy about the transfer, but even so:

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
name 5 players of that calibre who would move to a league and not go to one of the top 5 clubs?
Andre D'Alessandro is probably the most recent, and most relevent, example, moving to Wolfsburg from Argentina. Fernando Cavenaghi, yet another argentine, moved to the Russian leagues when he could have found a larger club. Julio Arca was, at the time Sunderland bought him, captain of the Argentinian under 19's, and was called "the best buy of the season" by SAF. Gabriel Batistuta moved to Fiorentina in a season they ended up being relegated in. Diego Simeone's first european club was Pisa Calcio. Ariel Ortega moved to Valencia when they were wallowing in midtable. Claudio Caniggia moved from River Plate to Hellas Verona.

Do you want more, and shall I remove the restrictions on just choosing famous Argentines?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2006, 11:28   #28
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Abramovich sold out of Sibneft, reciving something around 13billion dollars. Apprently the company was worth 16billion dollars, but Putin forced him to accept the prize. Atleast thats the rumours.

And Reyes is off to Real, Cole is off to Chelskji, and Arsenal has gotten rid of two useless players \o/ (well, Cole used to be good, but he's all messed up in his mind).

I wonder how much Wenger will get out of "The Beast" and what position he will use him in.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2006, 15:38   #29
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

west ham in takeover talks!