User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 1 May 2007, 18:15   #1
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of
Calling all alliances !!!!!

ok i've been told i was to old tho think i could change the world .

the cynic's have said it wont work ...

but the little thing that is my concience inside me wants me to at least try...

SO LISTEN TO MY PLEA !!!

NOW .. p is dead .. not blaming anyone .. its a fact .. we have no eta on its return .
this may well cause HUGE issues to those alliances using netgamers, or are not prepared for this problem.
this to me is an uneven playing field so to make things fairer, ok yes this is pa and i'm asking alot of you all !!!

Could we all agree not to launch alliance attacks tonight, just tonight then we see what happens with p ?
Ask our membership not to attack independantly, if no one does then no-one looses any places, we just all sit where we are atm. No loss and maybe a gain to our dedication to the game itself.
So i'm calling all you alliance HC out, do something for those who will be badly hurt by the loss of services, the underdogs, commit and act of random kindness for 1 night.

I will be sat in #icd on netgamers if u wish to laugh at me or agree with me .. or even wish to push this idea forward with me ...

An uneven playing field is not a fair playing field, if i am alone in that thought then so be it .. but i stand with my back to that thought and i vehemently wish that you will too!
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2007, 18:18   #2
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Calling all alliances !!!!!

never going to happen
alliances with private servers (WP?) will take advantage of the situation id say. cant blame them.
all is fair in love and war
Unread 1 May 2007, 18:19   #3
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

surely it's an even playing field with EVERYONE having to survive through the lack of P

bar wolfpack apparently, but who cares about some wolves
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2007, 18:20   #4
viC
Carnivorous Flamingo

viC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to behold

because P is needed to launch fleets!
viC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2007, 18:20   #5
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

DJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the rough

Its a good idea Misty, unfortunatly a lot of people i think will instead take advantage of this, even if they say their not going to.... theres a lot of honourless players out there....

Im probably mistaken but i thought when P goes down the game is meant to be stopped? i know its happened in the past....
Unread 1 May 2007, 18:21   #6
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

no actually .. we have a private server too :P
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
Unread 1 May 2007, 18:21   #7
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Ascendancy tech relies on P to work. We just relocated to Undernet, problem solved.
Unread 1 May 2007, 18:23   #8
M0shy
WP <3

M0shy is a jewel in the roughM0shy is a jewel in the roughM0shy is a jewel in the rough

Only if everyone agrees not to attack me the night im out partying. that makes it an unfair playing field too.

For the record WP is not the only alliance using a private server, and would you avoid hitting us if our server went down? i think not. everythin is still do-able without P anyway, u just need to invite people to your channels, and hope people aint playing funny games and stealing nicks to get where they shouldnt be.
M0shy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2007, 18:23   #9
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Do you seriously think this would work?

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2007, 18:25   #10
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Have you people forgotton how to use channel keys? With the ingame spamming capabilities, it should be trivial to spam a new key every day for added 'security'.

(PS. Our port of CT priv is still up )
Unread 1 May 2007, 18:26   #11
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

i at least want to suggest it arfy
R11 -> NOW HR HC
Unread 1 May 2007, 18:31   #12
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Since HR have a private server, and therefore aren't affected, I suggest everyone attacks them tonight. I have 2 HR coords available on request and one of them is Mistwraith \o/
Unread 1 May 2007, 18:33   #13
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

you'd better be quick jester the 4 waves i have are gonna get there b4 u :P
R11 -> NOW HR HC
Unread 1 May 2007, 18:34   #14
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

I hope this was a lousy joke, cause if people were stupid enough to do this, they deserve a kick in the groin by a steel tip shoe.

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2007, 18:36   #15
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

no allfather it was a lousy attempt to prick a few conciences, i have faith that some people do have them :P
R11 -> NOW HR HC
Unread 1 May 2007, 19:07   #16
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Have you people forgotton how to use channel keys? With the ingame spamming capabilities, it should be trivial to spam a new key every day for added 'security'.

(PS. Our port of CT priv is still up )
Who's isn't?

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2007, 20:23   #17
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

lol
Unread 1 May 2007, 20:36   #18
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

angels' isn't
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2007, 20:44   #19
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Have you people forgotton how to use channel keys?
I don't have the password
Unread 1 May 2007, 20:51   #20
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

hahahaha
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2007, 22:36   #21
Aidan

Aidan is an unknown quantity at this point

From the PA Portal's Downtime Proceedure,
Quote:
NetGamers Downtime:
In the event of an extended period of downtime with the NetGamers service the PATeam may take the decision to halt ticks and close the game until NetGamers comes back online.
I have been told this does not include P but does include when the entire server goes down. No P was an issue this morning but by now there isn't any problems as everyone has worked it out. Defence may be slightly worse than normal but there is a defence system built into the game for the "underdogs" to use if they really feel hampered.
Aidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2007, 23:23   #22
Pilgrim
Bline

Pilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these parts

lol thats the funniest thing ive ever head

IRC is broken my life is over

PA FTW
Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2007, 06:44   #23
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

IRC is not by any means broken. At least people still figured out how to pm me for scans. So I left it.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2007, 04:54   #24
Dorraj
[TGV]

Dorraj has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Servers crash

Computers go down

im sure we can live with it

lets just play some PA and deal with the problems that come at us
Round 16 - No PA
Round 17 - TGV - Officer