User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 2 Jun 2007, 14:32   #1
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Biggest positive suprise this round?

Seing as there was a biggest dissapointment thread I think there should be an opposite thread too,
so fire away, which alliance was the more impressive in your opinion?
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 14:53   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Biggest positive suprise this round?

Orbit.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 15:12   #3
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

zz-crew
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 15:31   #4
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
Orbit.
You really think Orbit were a positive surprise? I would have thought they are probably pretty disappointed with their performance as it seems they performed worse than last round. Their lead on us was the same as last round and I have already acknowledge we had an extreamly bad round would would suggest Orbit were the same
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 15:42   #5
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Orbit were the alliance that when raiding on their own, caused us most trouble.
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 15:44   #6
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Orbit had some nice attack compositions, did well

however i must say Vision played well this round too(maybe a little bias) but i think vision activity was good this round and general team play was good compared to most alliances

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 15:57   #7
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

HRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud of

Is it me, or were ROCK a bit more *ahem* rocking than normal? ;P
HRH_H_Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 16:18   #8
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I actually liked how well ascendency did this round. I'm sure i'll cop alot of flak for saying that, but they were effectively challenging much bigger alliances numerically whilst fending off lemming raids from alliances like us (Vision) and Orbit et al as well. Concentrating themselves in-galaxy was a risky strategy that paid off, and should be commended.

And i find myself disagreeing with wakey; it seems Orbit did fairly well for themselves - i'll let them decide whether they were happy with the performance.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 17:10   #9
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

I am no alliance, but i am the most positive suprise of this round

:terran:
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 17:45   #10
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
You really think Orbit were a positive surprise? I would have thought they are probably pretty disappointed with their performance as it seems they performed worse than last round. Their lead on us was the same as last round and I have already acknowledge we had an extreamly bad round would would suggest Orbit were the same
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Says it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH_H_Crab
Indeed, I was a bit surprised when, halfway during the round, while Ascendancy was still fighting off TGV and Orbit, I found their average score was close to the top3's. Good job.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 20:11   #11
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

VisioN actualy showed me some positive suprise in attack strenght, how ever our defence system was useless imho.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 20:50   #12
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
I actually liked how well ascendency did this round. I'm sure i'll cop alot of flak for saying that, but they were effectively challenging much bigger alliances numerically whilst fending off lemming raids from alliances like us (Vision) and Orbit et al as well. Concentrating themselves in-galaxy was a risky strategy that paid off, and should be commended.
Well I think you could ask any ascendancy if 17 top 100 planets was acceptable and they would probably say no. If you think we did well, thank you very much.
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 21:16   #13
Mzyxptlk
mz.

I personally don't really care if we have 0 or 50 people in the top100.
Unread 2 Jun 2007, 23:42   #14
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Peniz Allianz. A BIG fat surprise
Unread 3 Jun 2007, 00:21   #15
Bane
Shadows and Dust

Bane is on a distinguished road

Once Nadar went Peniz, he'll never go back...

R3 or so - Cell/Elysium
Looong break
R20 - Orbit
R21 - Subh (Finished rank 58)
8 year break
R60 - ND -> Ultores (Finished rank 48)
R61 - Rogues

14:05 <Swing> I wear a cape and a burger king paper crown when i play pa
14:10 <Zwanstic> u also talk alot of shit
14:14 <Blue_Esper> you're a weird unit
12:33 <hone> oddr is where we send all the semi retarded and gay bashing ult has beens LOL
12:34 <hone> thats where u should be swing lol
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2007, 03:30   #16
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH_H_Crab

They had me
Unread 3 Jun 2007, 10:48   #17
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough

Alliance: Peniz Allianz for keeping biggest Average Size...Prost Dunkelgraf

& *drumroll

Player: OlaTa for keeping me a whole round in the dark that he is playing

p.s. not a surprise but biggest loler would be Greenhills

grande Amigos!

tadaa...Anti.

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2007, 19:55   #18
Dom32

Dom32 will become famous soon enoughDom32 will become famous soon enough

As an orbiter I would say that we had a good round all things considered. Most of the HC were not able to play properly due to real life commitments which is similair for most of the other alliance members so our finish was good for what we had expected
Dom32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2007, 20:18   #19
Bane
Shadows and Dust

Orbit are still trying to get Crowly to give up this thing called 'a girl'. Best of luck with that .

R3 or so - Cell/Elysium
Looong break
R20 - Orbit
8 year break
R61 - Rogues

12:33 <hone> oddr is where we send all the semi retarded and gay bashing ult has beens LOL
Unread 3 Jun 2007, 22:07   #20
necAnt

necAnt is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
Peniz Allianz. A BIG fat surprise
what he said
gratz dunkel
necAnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 04:41   #21
Ashka
Guard Your Dogs

Ashka is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Wakey all I hear is "Wa Wa Wa"

Most Impressive: Orbit
Most Whining: Wakey
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 10:27   #22
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA
Orbit had some nice attack compositions, did well
Theres an old saying of "A swallow doesnt make a summer" and I think it applies here. This thread is titled "Biggest Positive Surprise" not "Which alliance pulled off a handful of good attacks" and the simple fact is Orbit this round did Worse than last round as a whole. They did as CBA said "well" this round but their positive surprise round was last round not this one

Unless ofc now this community has such a low level of expectation that all it takes to be a postive surprise is to pull off some good attacks on a single alliance, in which case we may as well put every alliance down on a list
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 10:45   #23
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Theres an old saying of "A swallow doesnt make a summer" and I think it applies here. This thread is titled "Biggest Positive Surprise" not "Which alliance pulled off a handful of good attacks" and the simple fact is Orbit this round did Worse than last round as a whole. They did as CBA said "well" this round but their positive surprise round was last round not this one

Unless ofc now this community has such a low level of expectation that all it takes to be a postive surprise is to pull off some good attacks on a single alliance, in which case we may as well put every alliance down on a list
Expectations aren't just about rank. I measure visible performance much more than I measure rank. For example, Conspiracy* crashed loads of fleets, organized poor defenses and were generally very bad when we had a little war with them. Alliances like TGV, Orbit and Vision simply played better against us, regardless of how that's reflected in rank.

* To be fair to them, they'd probably given up the round by the time we got around to fighting them.
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 11:19   #24
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:

In this case Wakey I on behalf of others apologise to yourself and would like to ask for the definition of 'Biggest positive suprise this round?', obviously in relation to this thread so we can all write our opinions to suit your definition. thankyou

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 13:05   #25
Mzyxptlk
mz.

How you manage to translate
Quote:
into
Quote:
"Which alliance pulled off a handful of good attacks"
is beyond me.
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 13:39   #26
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Expectations aren't just about rank. I measure visible performance much more than I measure rank. For example, Conspiracy* crashed loads of fleets, organized poor defenses and were generally very bad when we had a little war with them. Alliances like TGV, Orbit and Vision simply played better against us, regardless of how that's reflected in rank.

* To be fair to them, they'd probably given up the round by the time we got around to fighting them.
Visable performance though is exteamly limited, you see a snapshot of an alliance, normally from their attack pov at a specific period of time

Lets for example take the F-Crew records for the past round, If the alliance of an attack is known at the time of the attack our system records it and from that I can produce the following info (Other is a combination of other alliances and those who hadnt been identified at when the attack took place)

Code:
Incoming From	Total	Covered	%
Ascendancy	92	67	73%
Conspiracy	87	44	51%
Hidden Agenda	35	18	51%
Howling Rain	73	39	54%
NewDawn	        71	24	34%
Orbit	        73	61	84%
ROCK	        93	73	78%
Subh	        50	33	65%
TGV	        86	53	62%
Tides of Fire	63	35	55%
Vengeance	67	32	48%
VisioN	        86	50	58%
Wolfpack	81	44	54%
xVx	        50	35	69%
Other	        408	228	56%
	        1415	836	59%
From that alone I could assume tha NewDawn were the most effective alliance this round and that CT who many have critised were the alliance that caused us the 3rd most trouble.

However if you look at the wider picture both were dissapointing. ND striped back to the core and as its easier to get a good average with the core 40 or so members than when you take the risk on the other 20-30 players you would have expected a better average than they had. As it is they were only 200k above TGV who took on 19 more players and VGN who broke the 60 member limit and thus had to recruit people below half the average of the top10.

They were also behind in average on alliances like Angels who also were hit with the issue of breaking the 60 member limit and thus doing damage to their average.

CT on the otherhand once again failed to stand up to the challenge set down to them and despite doing well against us clearly dissapointed by not putting up a better fight

My point here being simply you cant judge alliances soley on how they did against one alliance As that would be like me as a Man Utd fan declaring that West Ham and Arsenel were the best team in the premiership over the season soley because they were the only teams to beat us twice in the league
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 13:51   #27
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I won't repeat what others have already, but also the fact they pulled off attacks like that when their overall rank wasn't impressive is a suprise on itself.

That being said, the alliance that has been under fire from Orbit (i.e Ascendancy in this case) is, in my opinion, in the best position to judge on their capabilities.

Also, without meaning to blow sunshine up their asses (rumour has it that if that happens too much it leads to intestinal complications kids!), when you compare that Orbit has been hitting Ascendancy, it's safe to say it has not been as easy for Orbit as just 'hitting one single alliance' as Ascendancy is obviously out of their league.
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 13:55   #28
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Fairly sensible stuff
Except for the fact that Kargool didn't ask for 'whose ranking and average score impressed you' but 'which alliances impressed you'. By that criteria, any wannabe pundit is eligible to post whatever their opinion is. I just don't think this thread is as serious as you'd like it to be.
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 14:44   #29
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

I was going to say that wakey suprised me in this thread, but he really didnt
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 16:34   #30
Caj
speed demon

Caj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really nice

f-crew = shit

orbit = o/

ascen = o/

ct = shit

angels = LOL
Round 20 - Rank 7 - Destiny (Zik)
Round 24 - Rank 2 - Conspiracy (Xan)
Round 28 - Rank 4 - Ascendancy (Xan)
Round 66 - Rank 9 - Ultores (Etd)
Round 83 - Rank 10 - #METOO (Zik)
Round 85 - Rank 3 - QQ (Etd)
Round 89 - Rank 2 - VGN (Zik)
Round 91 - Rank 9 - VGN (Zik)
Caj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 16:35   #31
Caj
speed demon

Caj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really nice

im lolling at wakey trying to get f-crew as a positive.

Wakey: You are going backwards ... further and further backwards!!!!!
Round 20 - Rank 7 - Destiny (Zik)
Round 24 - Rank 2 - Conspiracy (Xan)
Round 28 - Rank 4 - Ascendancy (Xan)
Round 66 - Rank 9 - Ultores (Etd)
Round 83 - Rank 10 - #METOO (Zik)
Round 85 - Rank 3 - QQ (Etd)
Round 89 - Rank 2 - VGN (Zik)
Round 91 - Rank 9 - VGN (Zik)
Caj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 17:23   #32
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
I found their average score was close to the top3's. Good job.
thanks mz

but i think if you check you will find we finished with the 3rd best average score

havin olata clearly helped as he is the sexy estonian

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 17:44   #33
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caj

Actually F-crew HC fully admits to F-crew having a crap round, mainly due to only 1 or 2 HC and 2 or 3 BCs available for most of the round. I predicted outside of top 10 at the start of the round though so there is a tiny positive there if you are going to search really hard for one... In general crap though.

My views in the style of Caj,
Orbit = crap
ND = core good but will have to wait til they go back to a full membership
ROCK = crap and surprised as I expected them to do better
Hidden-a = Good, I hope they join the top 10 fight fully next round
Teir 1 allies = crap for waiting far too long before having a half ass go at a war

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakey
Theres an old saying of "A swallow doesnt make a summer"
I take it swallow = shadow or that is a new one on me...
Played r4-present missing only 1 round so sad...
Rc mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 17:56   #34
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc mayhem
ROCK = crap and surprised as I expected them to do better
seriously cm whats ur problem there , we chose before rd to revert to core members plus very selected recruitment meaning we never went over 40 members all rd , in the end we finished with 27 iirc and the 3rd best avg score

rather than mass recruiting to try get a top 10 finish we chose to be small and selective
as far as we are concerned it worked

on a side note f-crew are crap every rd but at least your consistent with that

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 19:43   #35
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

tbh I'm quite happy with Orbit this round, we could have covered more def calls if we had people online, other than that I'm pretty happy.

RE : Wakey -> We attack F-Crew heavily every other round, see you in a bit
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 19:46   #36
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Im clearly impressed with the solo raid on kileman by a certain charming person.

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 21:04   #37
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo
seriously cm whats ur problem there , we chose before rd to revert to core members plus very selected recruitment meaning we never went over 40 members all rd , in the end we finished with 27 iirc and the 3rd best avg score

rather than mass recruiting to try get a top 10 finish we chose to be small and selective
as far as we are concerned it worked

on a side note f-crew are crap every rd but at least your consistent with that
Ok, average then rather than crap (was doing it in Caj style where crap is the only negative allowed..) I still would have hoped you would have had a proper tussle with F-crew last round like you normally do.

So Rock gonna keep with this core only approach, try for a round win at some point, or just building up so you can support a full "training" alliance structure?
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 21:47   #38
Tyroka
Hat

Tyroka is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Ok, average then rather than crap (was doing it in Caj style where crap is the only negative allowed..) I still would have hoped you would have had a proper tussle with F-crew last round like you normally do.
Nah, we would probably just get accused of hacking your servers or something like that*
More seriously we restructured quite much this round, and that restructure wasn't with the intention of keep going as we have done for (too) long now. Hence no reason to declare war with you (or anyone else) (officially).

Quote:
So Rock gonna keep with this core only approach, try for a round win at some point, or just building up so you can support a full "training" alliance structure?
Thought it was wellknown to community by now that ROCK is foremost about having fun and that's the only thing you can be sure off that we will continue with.
If we get a chance to win we would of course (as most alliances would) go for it but I doubt that will happen.

* Just making clear that this was a joke and I sincerely hope that everyone has left that incident behind them and hence can accept a joke regarding that subject
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 22:19   #39
Juffled

Juffled has a spectacular aura aboutJuffled has a spectacular aura about

i dont know how anyone can call rock crap this round, they had a rebuild round and managed to have 3rd highest average score, surely that is about as good a rebuild round as you can possibly have?

No matter what your personal experiences are with them this round and even if kargool does say who surprised you, the stats in this case speak for themselves and noone can fail to have been surprised by the average score amassed by an apparent 'newbie/fun' alliance
R6 - [Fury]
R19/20/21 - [TGV]
R22 - [Ascendency]
Juffled is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 22:33   #40
Bane
Shadows and Dust

Rock did very well for a rebuilding round (from what I could see), I hope their success continues.

R3 or so - Cell/Elysium
Looong break
R20 - Orbit
8 year break
R61 - Rogues

Unread 4 Jun 2007, 22:36   #41
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caj

If you had checked the "Dissapointing" thread before posting this you would have already seen that we had been mentioned as having "Done Well" in r21 and that I had replied stating that infact we were weak. While some people may want praised for doing a shit job during a round I for one don't want it.

Praise should be reserved for alliances and people that really have exceeded past acheivements and acheived something good. Sadly it seems all too often here acheivements are ignored as their 'face' doesnt fit while others get 'praise' they dont deserve because they are 'in the in crowd'

Admittedly im quilty of doing the same here, TGV probally deserve a mention as they did seem to step up a level especially over the last couple of weeks but myself and probally others have not mentioned them soley because Kargool clearly created the thread for the backslapping

Quote:
I take it swallow = shadow or that is a new one on me...
No Swallow = Swallow.

One of the first signs of Summer are the swallows returning from their winter habitats in Africa. When you start to see them flying around skies then its probally Summer and the warm weather is probally going to stay. The saying however warns that just because you see a swallow you shouldnt get your hopes up as there could be a cold snap around the corner.

Its simerlar to the saying "Dont count your chickens till they hatch"
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 23:04   #42
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

well f-crew sucked as usual so nothing new there tgv was intresting as some planets got tons with def and others was easy to roid but thats prolly the normal kargool bs with points or something

robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 23:11   #43
Clogg
SiNíng is a lifestyle

Clogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to all

Oh FFS Wakey learn when to shut up!

And on a side note, Hidden Agenda, an alliance I personnally never took seriously in the top 10 next, my god it's really time for me to quit this game.
Unread 5 Jun 2007, 07:33   #44
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:

Admittedly im quilty of doing the same here, TGV probally deserve a mention as they did seem to step up a level especially over the last couple of weeks but myself and probally others have not mentioned them soley because Kargool clearly created the thread for the backslapping

So because I created the thread, nobody should say something nice about TGV? Oh brother..

Im actually quite pleased on one way about TGV, seing as nobody had predicted us in the top ten. But we failed to achive our goals for this round so in another way im not satisfied.
Unread 5 Jun 2007, 17:10   #45
zebra
h3ll's angels

zebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to behold

Looks like Bline won't 'win' havoc. Only exi left as an 'undefeated ally'.
[18:04] * h3ll has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2007, 00:07   #46
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
So because I created the thread, nobody should say something nice about TGV? Oh brother..
I'm not saying they shouldnt just that on this kind of thread it happens. Its a thread asking people to heap praise on another alliance and when the person creating the thread is the HC of one of the alliances likely to get praised it sets off alarm bells for people as it seems like the persons just looking to add a few inches to their e-penis. And its simply the case that when people seem to be looking for begging for praise people wont play in to their egos.

If I had posted the thread instead of you I think TGV would have got more mentions, although your not exactly liked here so it may not have been too many more
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 6 Jun 2007, 01:27   #47
Bubert Samson
Come Closer, I Have Candy

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough

Im clearly biased, but its was nice to see Rock with an average score higher than most and not have a total score based mostly on a huge amount of smaller and (mostly) inactive planets.

[ROCK] || Conspiracy Theory || Ascendancy

Rounds Played: 3-9 16-19 23-33

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Bubert Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2007, 09:01   #48
Phrazer
Cymru Am Byth

Phrazer has a spectacular aura aboutPhrazer has a spectacular aura about

Wakey, did Orbit do something to you in a previous life?? Why you have this vendetta against us is beyond me.

Well done Orbit, an enjoyable taining round with some of the best people around \o/

Round 12 - 13 - E1W HC
Round 14 - 18 - Orbit HC
Round 19 - 32 - Orbit Forever. Nothing else comes close!!
Round 39+ - Currently chilling out in S.P.Q.R

<Gruff|afk> omg....this is the best pm i've ever had!!!!!!
<Gruff|afk> you have just got up so many positions in my "Gruff-o-meter scale"
Phrazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2007, 11:44   #49
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Tbh Phrazer Orbit hate F-crew more than F-crew hate Orbit. This all came about r20 with pMonkeys allegedly recruiting in F-crews public channel, most of whom then joined Orbit.

I can't see where in this thread anything more than stating an opinion based on the statistics Wakey has, certainly nothing of a "Vendetta".

Is interesting that we stopped more of you incomming that anyone else.
Unread 6 Jun 2007, 11:46   #50
Bane
Shadows and Dust

Very few of the pMonkeys actually went to Orbit in the end. We didn't hate you guys, we just thought you had a few too many whiners.

R3 or so - Cell/Elysium
Looong break
R20 - Orbit
8 year break
R61 - Rogues