User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 7 Apr 2016, 16:08   #201
ReaperSix
Anti-Paperboy

ReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really nice
Re: R66 who will win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
So as an alliance which I believe it is 90+% Xan they can't land on an alliance with no cloaked defence where half the viable def ships don't even make alliance ETA. Surely it's possible to soak up a large chunk of the defence with fakes and then cripple the caths with mass incomming. No matter how good BF are they only have a finite amount of def value and Ult has up to 180 attack fleets which are cloaked
Your math is terrible. 100x3 > 180
ReaperSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2016, 16:32   #202
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperSix View Post
Your math is terrible. 100x3 > 180
And your reading is worse. I specifically said Ult, not Ult and friends or Ult and it's support tag. As in the tag that can have a maximum of 60 members.

We can argue who is overspill for who, damn you could call Rainbows a training tag for HR if you really wanted, but at the end of the day it's an old argument that only bitter ppl still care about.

What we need is way to make value less important then we might actually get some proper combat in this game rather than the snooze/apathy fest we are about to witness
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2016, 16:38   #203
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough

bitter people? or clever people?

They all claim off the same raid so.
Unread 7 Apr 2016, 16:38   #204
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

there is no arguing over merc being a support tag for ult though kaiba.
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2016, 16:40   #205
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough

Don't forget about the mystery untagged planets that they will put in a tag of their choosing at the end to push ftw.
Unread 7 Apr 2016, 16:40   #206
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
What we need is way to make value less important then we might actually get some proper combat in this game rather than the snooze/apathy fest we are about to witness
This seems a rather sweeping statement given that there have been quite a few complaints about this xp round already (see that thread calling for a reset only a couple of days in). So what makes you think that most of the community want value to matter less?

If you want more combat what needs to be done instead is for combat to be restructured so it is not all about that one land tick - skirmishes on the way too and from perhaps? Or else at the very least there needs to be more scope for both sides to gain from a combat so that it is worthwhile for both more often. This could either mean making combat much less deadly so it takes a lot of effort to fully cover things or else giving more salvage xp etc to compensate for the large amount of death that non Emp combats inevitably bring. One more option would be to change alliances rankings to the alliance points and have fighting in combats a big provider of points; those fighting for ally win suddenly have an incentive to fight in otherwise dubious combats.

P.s. Those arguing about ult tag numbers this is not very relevant; if kaiba thinks ult should be able to roid Bf with 60 xan's then surely they could do so with 90, or 150, or however many higher you wish to suggest.

Otterly an Otter.

Last edited by booji; 7 Apr 2016 at 16:46.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2016, 17:26   #207
Xoca

Xoca is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I dont know who will win, but I sure do know who will not
Unread 7 Apr 2016, 18:29   #208
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoca View Post
well, i dont know who will win, but i sure do know who will not
faceless right.

Lol.

What do i win?
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2016, 18:31   #209
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoca View Post
Well, I dont know who will win, but I sure do know who will not
You don't need to be Einstein to figure out that Rainbows, p3nguins, NewDawn and all the other below 50 planet tags don't have what it takes to win this round.
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2016, 18:45   #210
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benneh View Post
faceless right.

Lol.

What do i win?
A free trip and all expenses paid trip for the ULT to go to belfast on the 12th of July to partake in the erm celebrations.

However you must bring your flutes, drums and full kit and banners.
But Stay clear of #conspiracy erm I mean garvaghy road.
Unread 7 Apr 2016, 19:00   #211
NoXiouS
Mordar, Keel, Reip

NoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really nice

ummm... just check out the "Score" Column on the alliances page... ULT (not forgetting CT either) is doing well on their own, hitting the tags that are less eager to cover their attacks, running away with the score as we speak, value seems to mean very little this round...

All the war propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting. - George Orwell
NoXiouS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2016, 19:58   #212
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

Says the ally stocking resources.

Some of your guys are on 20mill of each. You definitely playing the long game spreading your incs about because you definitely aren't trying to play for xp.
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2016, 20:11   #213
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypton
Yeah, being TA'd doesn't take much effort I guess, except for the person that does it...unless ofc, he is controlling you all.

Also wouldn't classify the usual 90 planets as not trying - won't even be able to moan about blocking this round because no one cares.

At the end of the day like I said previously, in our experience BF's def always was better than Ult's ever was, even taking into account race selection this round.
Doesn't take a lot of effort to say yes to people who wants to join, and who are we to turn people down?

And they might wery well be, they are this round that's for sure!
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2016, 20:47   #214
NoXiouS
Mordar, Keel, Reip

NoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really nice

Munkee: We're not the only ones stocking, and even if we do have some, we're not that far ahead...

What comes to incs, we've had our share, prolly not as much as some, but defo more than some others and what I've heard lately, I'm certain we'll be getting a lot more soon. Wargame and all, incs are to be expected and we've been quite decent with them in previous rounds, lets see if we'll manage this time, if we can't, we shouldn't have came back at all.

Considering XP play, we didn't pick a strat that would suit that, we've been more defensive previously and went that route this time too and it's just easier to def when you got some ships to def with, hence the value as well. And as a personal note, I despise the XP play and can find several different games that would encourage grinding XP more.

All the war propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting. - George Orwell
NoXiouS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2016, 23:59   #215
Krypton
KK

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoXiouS View Post
Munkee: We're not the only ones stocking, and even if we do have some, we're not that far ahead...

What comes to incs, we've had our share, prolly not as much as some, but defo more than some others and what I've heard lately, I'm certain we'll be getting a lot more soon. Wargame and all, incs are to be expected and we've been quite decent with them in previous rounds, lets see if we'll manage this time, if we can't, we shouldn't have came back at all.

Considering XP play, we didn't pick a strat that would suit that, we've been more defensive previously and went that route this time too and it's just easier to def when you got some ships to def with, hence the value as well. And as a personal note, I despise the XP play and can find several different games that would encourage grinding XP more.
I agree except for the xp comment. It is good to have variation

Im also glad one ally went a different route to others.
Unread 8 Apr 2016, 00:00   #216
Krypton
KK

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksero View Post
Doesn't take a lot of effort to say yes to people who wants to join, and who are we to turn people down?

Every other round also. Ult are worthless without 30-40 extra planets.
Unread 8 Apr 2016, 06:44   #217
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

You even don't say no to tthose in other tags either HAI JOSEPH
Unread 8 Apr 2016, 07:17   #218
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
That's your opinion
Unread 8 Apr 2016, 07:22   #219
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkee
Wasn't aware there's any restrictions to who we can allow into our priv chan man
Unread 8 Apr 2016, 07:26   #220
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkee View Post
I would like to volunteer to be in your private channel to balance the scales.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2016, 07:28   #221
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypton View Post
If only a alliance like Ultores wouldve been able to lure some of the legendary Rogues HCs over into their ranks to teach em how to be whortwhile alliance even without the 30-40 extra planets and official alliance VNC tools.

Even though they are by far the most sucsessfull alliance of PA, ever, they would still gain massive skill/experince/reputation points in the PA community if they had Krypton, ReaperSix or any of the legendary members of the Rogues/P3nguins enterprise on their side.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2016, 07:43   #222
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I remember being in Ultores private channel once. It was great.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2016, 07:46   #223
Munkee
Dictator

Quote:
Wasn't aware there's any restrictions to who we can allow into our priv chan man
Allowing into private chan is 1 thing, but allowing on to your raid is another. Joseph claims on your raid.
Unread 8 Apr 2016, 07:47   #224
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

Quote:
Allowing into private chan is 1 thing, but allowing on to your raid is another. Joseph claims on your raid.
Your point being? Does it say in the pa rules anywhere that members of other alliances can't do that?
Unread 8 Apr 2016, 07:48   #225
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by zh|l
i remember being in ultores private channel once. It was great.
<3
Unread 8 Apr 2016, 07:50   #226
Krypton
KK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
If only a alliance like Ultores wouldve been able to lure some of the legendary Rogues HCs over into their ranks to teach em how to be whortwhile alliance even without the 30-40 extra planets and official alliance VNC tools.

Even though they are by far the most sucsessfull alliance of PA, ever, they would still gain massive skill/experince/reputation points in the PA community if they had Krypton, ReaperSix or any of the legendary members of the Rogues/P3nguins enterprise on their side.
This post makes sense in Butcher world. You forgot this
Unread 8 Apr 2016, 07:52   #227
Munkee
Dictator

I never pointed to any rules. But the argument ultores try to provide is "boo hoo we got blocked again because we are so good" when in reality, you form your opposing blocks by:

1. Multiple tags claiming off a single raid - agar3s and bazza being in merc, joseph and his friends being in bows
2. Whining no one will fight you 1 on 1 when reality shows its not "ultores" who you just have to fight

The route for a typical 50-60man tag vs the above points is to either be out numbered or to find friends to hit back. But I do find it funny how you always want to fight 1 on 1 yet can never manage it yourselves, these short comings whilst allow the naieve tools of pa like butcher become ultores fan boys just creates the same boring round loops we see you moan about.
Unread 8 Apr 2016, 08:00   #228
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

Quote:
I never pointed to any rules. But the argument ultores try to provide is "boo hoo we got blocked again because we are so good" when in reality, you form your opposing blocks by:

1. Multiple tags claiming off a single raid - agar3s and bazza being in merc, joseph and his friends being in bows
2. Whining no one will fight you 1 on 1 when reality shows its not "ultores" who you just have to fight

The route for a typical 50-60man tag vs the above points is to either be out numbered or to find friends to hit back. But I do find it funny how you always want to fight 1 on 1 yet can never manage it yourselves, these short comings whilst allow the naieve tools of pa like butcher become ultores fan boys just creates the same boring round loops we see you moan about.
It's a vicious circle isn't it.

You create massive blocks and use our support/out of tag planets to justify it.

We get said planets and use your massive blocking to justify that.
Unread 8 Apr 2016, 08:05   #229
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah

Hunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura about

I can join your private channel add me to p!
Unread 8 Apr 2016, 08:22   #230
Krypton
KK

Quote:
It's a vicious circle isn't it.

You create massive blocks and use our support/out of tag planets to justify it.

We create said planets and use your massive blocking to justify that.
Fixed typo for you.
Unread 8 Apr 2016, 08:24   #231
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

Quote:
Fixed typo for you.
I wish I could create that many planets!
Unread 8 Apr 2016, 10:02   #232
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkee View Post

Be assured that the least favourable alliance to allie up with is usualy Ultores, and i would not put my alliance into such a position if i could avoid it.
Im sure ive "fought" Ultores more than p3nguins has, so please leave me out of your/krypton/reapersix/rogues propaganda vs Ultores.

Unread 8 Apr 2016, 10:42   #233
Munkee
Dictator

Quote:
Be assured that the least favourable alliance to allie up with is usualy Ultores, and i would not put my alliance into such a position if i could avoid it.
Im sure ive "fought" Ultores more than p3nguins has, so please leave me out of your/krypton/reapersix/rogues propaganda vs Ultores.
Blinded by the love.
Unread 8 Apr 2016, 11:24   #234
Krypton
KK

And please leave us out of your "hard on" for ult propaganda.

You can say that are the best alliance in history. It's wrong. The best don't play outside the limits that we all must adhere to.

It shows a desire to win, which must be applauded for sure. It also shows weakness, a tolerance and encouragement for corruption and brings into question all of their previous wins.

Not really qualities the best strive towards.
Unread 8 Apr 2016, 11:37   #235
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

Quote:

You can say that are the best alliance in history. It's wrong. The best don't play outside the limits that we all must adhere to.

It shows a desire to win, which must be applauded for sure. It also shows weakness, a tolerance and encouragement for corruption and brings into question all of their previous wins.

We operate within the rules of the game, and we (as far as I know) haven't had any of our planets closed.
Unread 8 Apr 2016, 11:48   #236
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:

They play as far as i can see within the rules/mechanics of the game.
Are there people cheating within Ult? Yes, very very very likely.
Is there cheating in every other alliances in the game? Very statistical plausible.

All the best alliances were playing close to the line of what was fair/abuse/cheating.
BF got caught with mass cheating, FL/Norse added members to win, FAnG had cheaters, CT had cheaters, 1up had cheaters and had planets outside tag, eXi had bots and planets outside of tag.

The good guys does not finish first, or atleast very rarely.

But then again i dont expect a PA rookie like you to know history or this community at all. All i can advice you to is educated yourself before commenting, or displaying your opinion like something remotely close to facts/history

Unread 8 Apr 2016, 11:52   #237
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah

Hunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Is there cheating in every other alliances in the game? Very statistical plausible.

All the best alliances were playing close to the line of what was fair/abuse/cheating.
BF got caught with mass cheating, FL/Norse added members to win, FAnG had cheaters, CT had cheaters, 1up had cheaters and had planets outside tag, eXi had bots and planets outside of tag.

The good guys does not finish first, or atleast very rarely
F.. me so many cheaters!

Looks like only we in Apprime played by the rules, if only I knew that then!
Unread 8 Apr 2016, 13:04   #238
Krypton
KK

Quote:
We operate within the rules of the game, and we (as far as I know) haven't had any of our planets closed.
Playing with 100 planets when everyone else operates with 60 maximum is playing outside the limits of the game...who said anything about rules.
Unread 8 Apr 2016, 13:05   #239
Krypton
KK

Quote:

The good guys does not finish first, or atleast very rarely.

But then again i dont expect a PA rookie like you to know history or this community at all. All i can advice you to is educated yourself before commenting, or displaying your opinion like something remotely close to facts/history
I quote my previous post at you also.

And thanks for the condescending remarks! I don't know how many rounds you think I've played, but I can assure you I have been around quite a while. Facts/History you say. It happens now, so who's to say it didn't happen then. Only someone without a conventional brain/thought process and that's putting it politely!
Unread 8 Apr 2016, 13:11   #240
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

Quote:
Playing with 100 planets when everyone else operates with 60 maximum is playing outside the limits of the game...who said anything about rules.
I said what we are doing is within the rules of the game. What everyone else are doing is their own business.
Unread 8 Apr 2016, 13:41   #241
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
I quote my previous post at you also.

And thanks for the condescending remarks! I don't know how many rounds you think I've played, but I can assure you I have been around quite a while. Facts/History you say. It happens now, so who's to say it didn't happen then. Only someone without a conventional brain/thought process and that's putting it politely!
Aint you in the same allie as Berten/Mano and other eXi/Đragons people? If you knew your history you would know they were HCs/highranked officers of one of the biggest cheating groups ever.
They cheated or knew of mass cheating back then, and now they suddently went all moral?

Same with CarDi, while he was Rogues you guys completely denied he was cheating, but now as he joined Ult its diffrent?

Tag limits are allready set to low, many tags would be able to fill a 70 planet tag, but you and many others want even smaller taglimits? Wonder how it would be if it was Ult/support tags 100 planets vs 30 planets of any other tags?

Unread 8 Apr 2016, 14:14   #242
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Bb we did not deny he was cheating, we denied we knew about him cheating which is very different. I doubt any of us would ever consider flat out saying that we would/could know for certain he was not cheating, cardi does have a reputation of doing it in the past - though at the time I at least thought it was the distant past, like 30 rounds before.

Mano is a member of p3n and I have seen no evidence of him cheating while I have been a member. Berten is currently in Ult (or maybe mercenaries, I have no idea how they switch around).

The tags argument seems to be a red herring many tags are not even at sixty - oddly including ult. If tags were to change upwards it would need to work through some method of averages (average of a counted top 40 rather than combined top 40 perhaps)?

Otterly an Otter.
Unread 8 Apr 2016, 14:39   #243
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji View Post
Bb we did not deny he was cheating, we denied we knew about him cheating which is very different. I doubt any of us would ever consider flat out saying that we would/could know for certain he was not cheating, cardi does have a reputation of doing it in the past - though at the time I at least thought it was the distant past, like 30 rounds before.

Mano is a member of p3n and I have seen no evidence of him cheating while I have been a member. Berten is currently in Ult (or maybe mercenaries, I have no idea how they switch around).

The tags argument seems to be a red herring many tags are not even at sixty - oddly including ult. If tags were to change upwards it would need to work through some method of averages (average of a counted top 40 rather than combined top 40 perhaps)?
Lol. You dont see what im aiming at? Earlier in this thread Rogues said that ultores deliberatly kept cheaters intag, and when asked fir citations:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperSix View Post
Cardi
So now that Moridin/carDi/who cares, who was closed/caught and still being welcomed in rogues, joined some other place, the other people are unmoral?

Im not saying that mano/berten/elviz/cardi/who ever is cheating now, but pointing fingers at others IF you suround yourself with people who has been apart of cheating scandals before is pretty lame.

Unread 8 Apr 2016, 14:47   #244
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

This discussion was had and done with when Ascendancy created their own support tag with Descendancy some 40 rounds ago, no? I for one asked the MH's to clarify the support-rule back then, and they said it was no issue at all.

And for the record, i think most old Ultorians that have left on good terms and havent abused the trust has full access to Ultores bot/attacks/chans. One of the resons people come back maybe, because we're not too eager to say "**** off" to everyone that leaves us.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

Last edited by DrunkenViking; 8 Apr 2016 at 14:52.
DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2016, 14:53   #245
booji
a bucket

Quote:
Im not saying that mano/berten/elviz/cardi/who ever is cheating now, but pointing fingers at others IF you suround yourself with people who has been apart of cheating scandals before is pretty lame.
At the time cardi was a member of rogues I was not aware of him having cheated in years and years, people change and you need to give second chances. If no one took in members who cheated at some point in their pa career no one could take in anyone who played in rounds 3 and 4 as pretty much EVERYONE cheated/had second accounts. Most had cleaned up their act within a couple of rounds.

If someone has cheated in the last few rounds then excluding them makes much more sense.

Ps who is Moridin?

Otterly an Otter.
Unread 8 Apr 2016, 15:07   #246
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji View Post
At the time cardi was a member of rogues I was not aware of him having cheated in years and years, people change and you need to give second chances. If no one took in members who cheated at some point in their pa career no one could take in anyone who played in rounds 3 and 4 as pretty much EVERYONE cheated/had second accounts. Most had cleaned up their act within a couple of rounds.

If someone has cheated in the last few rounds then excluding them makes much more sense.

Ps who is Moridin?
I PMed your hcs with the proofs of him/someone in Rogues was cheating, and was told to fck off.
The point being you "did not know of anyone cheating" while in rogues, but now ReaperSix knows he is cheating when in another tag? Come on man, stop embarrising urself

Morden? Fck knows, a rogues that was "innocent" and closed

Unread 8 Apr 2016, 15:37   #247
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Be assured that the least favourable alliance to allie up with is usualy Ultores
It depends on your goals. If you want to win, and you get close to achieving that, at Ultores' expense, then yeah, you're going to have to assume your relation with them will turn to hostility at some point, no matter how good it is now. But it's no different with any other alliance. A HC worth their salt will be prepared for that possibility. Ultores tends to prefer working with alliances further down the rankings, exactly for that reason (among others, I'm sure).

When a block of alliances like CT and BF takes Ultores out of the running for #1, their agreements become unstable. They both want to win, and to resolve this conflict, they must start targetting each other sooner or later. This then gives Ultores a chance to stage a comeback.

When a block of Ultores + small fry takes the opposing block out of the running, those smaller alliances still won't be in a position to compete with Ultores for #1. An alliance like ND or Bows is never going to threaten Ultores' victory, and since realistically, that was never a serious goal for them in the first place, that doesn't bother them. What smaller alliances get out of working with Ultores (and all they want to get out of it) is raid saturation and a pretty good land raid on planets that are usually outside of their reach, while Ultores bears most (though not all) of the burden of retals. What Ultores gets out of it is a bunch of extra fleets to raid with, and above all the stability that their competition's blocks so sorely lack. Salvage donations are now all but impossible, so even if they crash at twice or more the rate of Ultores, that still doesn't cost Ultores anything.

In short, when Ultores loses, they may still win, but when BF/CT/etc wins, they may still lose.

Additionally, when the small alliances keep getting hovered up by Ultores, that keeps driving Ultores' competition into the above unstable relationship with each other. That long-term multi-round strategy depends on maintaining good relations with those alliances, though. And therefore, if you're ND, or HR, or Rogues, you can be reasonably sure Ultores won't turn around and backstab you once they've won. They have no reason to, and to do so would only come back to haunt them in the round to come.

Basically what I'm saying is that you're full of shit.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2016, 16:04   #248
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
It depends on your goals. If you want to win, and you get close to achieving that, at Ultores' expense, then yeah, you're going to have to assume your relation with them will turn to hostility at some point, no matter how good it is now. But it's no different with any other alliance. A HC worth their salt will be prepared for that possibility. Ultores tends to prefer working with alliances further down the rankings, exactly for that reason (among others, I'm sure).

When a block of alliances like CT and BF takes Ultores out of the running for #1, their agreements become unstable. They both want to win, and to resolve this conflict, they must start targetting each other sooner or later. This then gives Ultores a chance to stage a comeback.

When a block of Ultores + small fry takes the opposing block out of the running, those smaller alliances still won't be in a position to compete with Ultores for #1. An alliance like ND or Bows is never going to threaten Ultores' victory, and since realistically, that was never a serious goal for them in the first place, that doesn't bother them. What smaller alliances get out of working with Ultores (and all they want to get out of it) is raid saturation and a pretty good land raid on planets that are usually outside of their reach, while Ultores bears most (though not all) of the burden of retals. What Ultores gets out of it is a bunch of extra fleets to raid with, and above all the stability that their competition's blocks so sorely lack. Salvage donations are now all but impossible, so even if they crash at twice or more the rate of Ultores, that still doesn't cost Ultores anything.

In short, when Ultores loses, they may still win, but when BF/CT/etc wins, they may still lose.

Additionally, when the small alliances keep getting hovered up by Ultores, that keeps driving Ultores' competition into the above unstable relationship with each other. That long-term multi-round strategy depends on maintaining good relations with those alliances, though. And therefore, if you're ND, or HR, or Rogues, you can be reasonably sure Ultores won't turn around and backstab you once they've won. They have no reason to, and to do so would only come back to haunt them in the round to come.

Basically what I'm saying is that you're full of shit.

This is a numbers game, always has been, always will be.
I know your a dinosaur, but pkease stop barking like your a dog?

The "pain barrier" is the amount of incs a ally can suffer without having uncovered calls at allie eta.
Lets say that its at 40 fleets for FL/CT/P3ng.
If bows send half their fleets at either allie they will reach 30-50 unless they are ptargetting, basicly enough for any alliance to cover IF they have no other incs.
IF ND/P3ng/CT/FL is all ptargetting Ult, Norse not attacking and HR being "neutral", where would it be worthwhile to hit?
Ult will very rarely kingmake another tag

Unread 8 Apr 2016, 16:10   #249
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Ult will very rarely kingmake another tag
Ult will almost always try to kingmake another tag, as long as a win is out of Ults reach and if it's mathematically possible...

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2016, 16:13   #250
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking View Post
Ult will almost always try to kingmake another tag, as long as a win is out of Ults reach and if it's mathematically possible...
If pig flys....

Yeah, we have seen it before, when the top3 tags was allied for the whole round, and ult being one of em king making the #1 tag by killing the round.

Lets be relevant eh?